Was it kino?

Was it kino?

Attached: 1521130417742.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/cnppnm.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was.

Why does Sup Forums have such a massive hateboner for this show?

A KyoAni and Trigger/GAINAX show are airing at the same time. It's the ghost of the TTGL vs. Lucky Star war

Yes, I don't even like the show that much but I had trouble holding my tears this episode.

Is she turning into Kenshiro?

>90% of it didn't feel anything
>when the first letter came

Attached: 1500228981510.png (634x483, 341K)

I hate it because it makes me cry through obvious drama backed up by good animation and it does it too often.

Yes. Anyone who doubted what KyoAni was doing with this show can now fuck off.

A war that comfortably won TTGL. The anime equivalent of dropping two nukes.

Lucky star won though

There isn't a single timeline where that happened.

VEG is payback for Lucky Star.
It was fully paid for just with international licenses, it's doing well on amazon, it's buttfucking HMV, it's buttfucking bilibili and the event ticket BD sold out in a month.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Violet Evergarden - 08 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_08.18.png (1920x1080, 1.91M)

>kino

Except this timeline. Pic related, also

>Pixiv art for Lucky Star
>26,874 results
>Pixiv art for TTGL
>5,917

>Sales for Lucky Star
>38.5k
>Sales for TTGL
>35.3k

>Lucky Star
>Revolutionized CGDCT anime and good use of meta comedy
>TTGL
>Shitty niwaka anime that uses anime tropes unironically

Attached: Capture.jpg (1038x546, 49K)

No one knows what Lucky Star is outside of a bunch of child molesters while TTGL became a cornerstone of anime don't make me laugh.

The only reason TTGL is more popular in THE WEST is because it's a shallow action show. Lucky Star was objectively more influential to the industry and had more success where it mattered.

I called right away who the letters were for and still there were tears.

TTGL is one of the core animes to demonstrate that anime as an media is not shit just like Cowboy Bebop or FMA, it was acclaimed by casuals, seasoned watchers and critic as impossible as that is and always figures in the top lists of anime everywhere, worldwide. TTGL has influenced not just it's industry but has crossed and has many references in works and people of other media. Lucky Star is just CGDCT #703 that you get 40 a year no one knows and that has barely influenced it's niche sub-genre from it's niche genre from a niche industry.

Nah m8, GL was utter tripe.

thats because bairetto-chan writes such good letters

Attached: [Vivid-Asenshi] Violet Evergarden - 06v2 [38236907].mkv_snapshot_03.29_[2018.03.10_18.43.59].jpg (1920x1080, 170K)

>Still being this deluded.
>Even after the several objective numbers that put LS far above TTGL

I'm done with you. Go back to your LWA thread or whatever brainlets are watching this season. Franxx, perhaps?

Attached: 1343006927988.jpg (800x800, 141K)

SEIBAAAAAAAAAH!

Attached: seibah.png (527x655, 503K)

You are entitled to your opinion as retarded as it is, but you are wrong.

you faggots keep shilling your shit taste in other threads
shut the fuck up

Attached: ha.jpg (495x311, 50K)

We all fucking knew. I fucking knew. And I still cried like a little bitch, letter after letter.

It was a good thing, too, because I have the flu and I completely cleared my sinuses.

I don't think we weren't supposed to know. It was obvious.

Lucky Star is meme trash, though.

because it's shit, like we've proved time and time again so you can stop trying to shill people into telling us its good.

It's rather funny that instead of saying that it's just good now, people have to add the "predictable" qualifier so you don't get btfo by people who can tell and prove to you that it's shit.

Attached: 1486348044633.jpg (334x443, 28K)

reminder that violet wants to know what is love

Attached: 8931706483508.gif (295x210, 233K)

>it's shit
Ratings and preorders say otherwise

>not DitF
No,

Is this a Lucky Star thread now? Then I'll post best girl.

Attached: 56b68659d18288a563fc4408af7981a0.jpg (396x407, 59K)

One of the few moments in anime to make me tear up

>shitting on VEG
>while posting a chink meme
user..

Attached: 1496510753237.jpg (392x574, 24K)

Who are you quoting?

Didn't Kyoani get so buthurt about Lucky Star than they took the path that lead them were they are now? Is that what you mean by "it revolutionized anime"?

The irony of that post, you don't have to get involved.

You guys would cry over the most obvious tear jerker bait, swear to fucking god. KyoAni does know its audience.

What's the last you jerked your tears to?

Good drama is good drama, you don't see it often in anime.

Not this shit again.

i bet my entire bitcoin you also hate Anohana and Shigatsu..

What?

I somehow think that you guys are completely missing the point, maybe because of that last scene of Violet breaking down crying, but the feeling the episode left me with was that ultimately and despite everything Ann got to lead a happy life, and her mom's letters gave her courage to keep moving on and not dwell on the past. It wasn't a tearjerker like is implying, because it didn't end in despair, but in hope.

>Good drama

I like Anohana actually, Shigatsu not so much. KyoAni in general is just a big no-no for me, it just feels like they're trying to squeeze me dry of my emotions without any kind of substance behind it. I get why some people like it, never did it for me.

Attached: shiiiiit.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

Yes, good drama. It has been making people cry like little bitches since episode 7 in case you haven't realized it yet.
This week's episode was particularly soul crushing; you just don't see this kind of stuff often.

How do you know any fans felt when Munto, Nichijou and Phantom World flopped?
Since you anons love to bring kyoani sales to the table so much I kind of wonder how was back then when those shows were airing.

Forced drama you mean?

Would you cry if VEG was done by a different studio?

>Know any
I meant to say kyoani.

Forced drama is what sora yori has, nobody gives a shit about it and just wants the cute girls instead.

With a good director like Kyohei, probably.

user, a tearjerker doesn't have to be thoroughly sad, it's a scene that's made to make you cry first and foremost.

> forced drama
> plot that goes nowhere
> Annoying autismo main character
> Sup Forums loves it

I expect better of you Sup Forums

That just prove you anons would watch anything kyoani makes and cry for it.

Are you kidding me?
The ending was very bittersweet but everything before that just screamed Clannad.
my.mixtape.moe/cnppnm.webm

The ending was predictable.

It's true that Lucky Star basically ignited the moeshit boom. Given the genre's overall importance to the anime industry, it should therefore not be surprising that it was a bigger commercial success than TTGL.

TTGL, however, was an artistic achievement of great influence that will be remembered years after Luck Star is forgotten. In spite of your editorial comments.

>Aw thats sad, she's writing her will
>Its not her will, its 50 years worth of Birthday letters
THATS SO FUCKING SAD!

Attached: NRDLJEP2KXPPGBI48JU3KEIUBD9S93KL_0.jpg (640x512, 114K)

For some, yes, and it still made them cry bitch tears.
That's what you call good directing and storytelling, even if you see it coming the presentation still hits you like a truck.
And speaking of directing, Ishidate has gotten pretty good with emotionally heavy scenes.

Manipulation is not good drama.

Drama IS manipulation. You won't get people to cry if you're not meticulous about the events you're going to tell.

>i was holding back tears the entire time i was there
that fucking got me, she had to WRITE the 50 years worth of letters.

I hate hate hate haaaate her face.

I will admit, if KyoAni made more like this, and less K-On and Euphonium-esque shit, they'd be respected again.

But they gotta stop doing same face moe blob.

Everything since K-On has been not only sameface among the entire cast, but sameface across shows. Everything is just K-On face but with more detail each year.

With Violet Evergarden however, they flipped their usual problem. Uusally they make moeblobs and then say "Oh this girl is a 17 year old high school student"
This time they made a character; Violet, who looks like she's 20, but it turned out she's only 14-16.

>Own parents are complete garbage and I don't feel even an ounce of love for them despite seeing them every day.
>Got misty eyed here

Is this what its like having parents that actually care?

>Good directing and storytelling

I'm sorry but I disagree with you.

I find it amusing that people think this is good directing and storytelling.
The story is supposed to be about Violet in her questions to find the meaning of love, yet all we get is a bunch of episodes with different characters each time which almost feel like monster of the week because it only take one episode to tell everything about said characters.
And if this anime is about Violet why isn't focused on her?
It seems to me like they put a lot of effort into the filler characters but what's the point if they are just going to be in a single episode?

That's because Violet is actually almost 20.

Do you want them to cry or tell a story? Empathy and manipulation are not the same.

Why should I cry about characters that have only been in one episode?
Do you anons cry Everytime you watch a kyoani episode?

No, in the princess episode or earlier, Violet is said to be only 14.

>le sol genre doesn't mean anything
>muh plot-heavy shows are inheritedly better

TTGL is just easier for baka gaijin to consume because it doesn't have too much Japanese reference. Guess you're the same guy goes:
>eww Japanese tradition/vaule/society/history reference
>Japanese "humor"
>this show has too much Japanese pun to be enjoyable

The three shows you list just show how you'll always be a pleb.

Attached: 1520798113878.png (402x385, 142K)

> Ann knows her mommy is terminally ill.
Sad. But no tears
> letters reel
Sad and tears
> Violet breaking down
Crying like a little bitch.

That's how the episode went for me.

I'm not even watching this fucking show but reading this post gave me goosebumps

Attached: 1465564582275.gif (400x400, 1.64M)

That's being a coward who can't face life.

I wish I could see your face when watching.

Attached: 5dfs4fd5shf.png (960x540, 853K)

brace yourself kiddo

Attached: [Vivid-Asenshi] Violet Evergarden - 08v2 [E200A290].mkv_snapshot_04.46_[2018.03.11_21.41.15].jpg (1920x1080, 144K)

She thinks she is 14, she dont remember her correct age.

It is about her and that's what the whole Auto Memoir Doll premise is about. She travels the world meeting clients and writes important letters to them.
The story is structured in such a way that each character has a kind of love to expose Violet to - plus some other emotions. This is how she learns, by feeling and watching it. This is also a very simple yet effective way of making the protagonist meet people that slowly change the character.

An episodic structure doesn't make it not about the protagonist if there's an overarching plot and VEG is not the first story like this.

>[angry Vioretto noise]

Its so fucking sad bro. Obviously the mom is dying but she's having Violet write for her. In the beginning of the episode some lady is over at her mansion and mentions what about the mansion, so I thought dying + people pestering her about the mansion = rich lady making out her will. Fucking no. Instead she was having Violet make letters to be delivered to her only child; her 7 year old daughter, upon her birthdays, not just the important birthdays like the one after her death, 12, 13, 16, 18, 20, no, every birthday for the next 50 years. So that her mother will always be watching over her and she'll never be alone

Attached: 1351820212419.jpg (484x376, 87K)

You shouldn't do anything. If it makes you cry it makes you cry, if it doesn't it doesn't.
You'd be impressed with how easily humans empathize with things.

She's been TOLD she's around 14.
See

> Violet breaking down
>Crying like a little bitch.

See, this is my point, this user wouldn't be crying if Violet wasn't there to cue the audience into interpreting the story as sad. To me the most emotional part was this letter, and the reveal that Ann had formed her own family. The adition of that scene with Violet at the end pretty much changed everything than had been show during the timeskip.

Attached: [Vivid-Asenshi] Violet Evergarden - 10 [FA9BC9F8].mkv_snapshot_21.54_[2018.03.16_21.58.07].jpg (1280x720, 527K)

My god you're dumb

user the people around her don't know her real age either. She was abused a lot during childhood and for all we know the malnutrition masked her real age for a while.

I don't know, user.

I just finished d hard for me to like it.
When I read all these threads, watch idiots on youtab crying over every episode and here I am starting at the screen thinking "is this what they are crying for"

Either I'm a heartless asshole or everyone likes a show that I find boring, stupid and retarded.

No you wouldn't. I am an ugly fucker.
Unless it's to laugh at me. Even then, I have gotten pretty good at turning off my emotional response when watching sad shit with other people present.

>Heteroshit

well,Anne scene and Violet crying scene are different kind of "sad"...

How so?

Whelp, this episode destroyed me.

I don't think a military doctor would be off by 6 years when guessing her age, especially when those ages are in her adolescence and between the ages of 14 and 20.

I wouldn't laugh, I would tear your face off.

I felt it was to show that little by little shes developing into an individual that reacts like a normal person.

The way I see it he broke down because he cares about the protagonist.