Isekais

Are there any Isekai novel/manga/anime where the MC is able to return to his original world?
What is the point of an Isekai if the MC stays in that world?

Attached: MarchenAwakensRomance.jpg (1301x1000, 605K)

Other urls found in this thread:

novelupdates.com/series/my-entire-class-was-summoned-to-another-world-except-for-me/
nyaa.si/view/1016266
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What is the point of an Isekai if the MC stays in that world?

Let me ask you this question.
If the plot and setting allows for it, why does the MC have to go back? Sure he can go back if his goal is go back, but he doesn't have necessarily have to go back even if he has the desire to, because that is another point the writer can use to develop his character or push the plot forward.

There is a "non-isekai" isekai where mc almost got summoned to another world and stayed on Earth but he still got is rpg skills and stats cheats.

wish fulfillment
character development
power fantasy
magic n' shit
etc.

not an isekai but it a riot.

Attached: 044.jpg (800x1138, 498K)

Vision of Escaflowne

Inuyasha

Digimon.

>MAR
How many years has it been? It was that Ginta could return as a better individual though.

>Are there any Isekai novel/manga/anime where the MC is able to return to his original world?
Alice in wonderland?

Abenobashi

Well isekai mahou had the mc traveled back as of the latest volume in the LN. It got licensed just a few hours ago

The point is to sacrifice story and character design/development in order to market a shallow sense of escapism.

Sauce?

muv luv

That 'So I reincarnated as a spider so what' manga/LN. After it becomes a god and can freely travel between dimensions.

The MC of Mondaiji Tachi goes back to his world in Last Embryo(Sequel of the first series) and he's been there for like, 4 volumes, but he will eventually go back to Little Garden(the fantasy world) since his original world is too boring for him.

Attached: Mondaiji-tachi V11.jpg (800x600, 133K)

Well, there's the two trashiest series of all time -
>Going Back and Forth Between Earth and The Other World with Space Time Magic
That one is literally what you're asking for. Super trashy, but kind of fun!
>My Entire Class Was Summoned to Another World except for Me
Less of what you're talking about, but a little bit of the same principle there!
>Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu
It looks like it'll head towards that direction EVENTUALLY. It's not actually there yet.
>Saving 80,000 Gold in an Another World for Retirement
Also exactly what you're looking for. A favorite of mine, actually. Just be sure to know this when you go in - THE MC IS INSANE.

I think that this aspect of isekai needs to be explored a little more. One of the big driving forces behind isekai is the whole "MC is teleported/reincarnated/transmigrated/whatevered into another world and using his modern knowledge he's able to become powerful/succesful&rich/a girl/happy. But this entire shtick can easily be flipped the other way around. He can go to our world and use magic, which doesn't exist in our world!
I think stuff like that could be fun.

Attached: Jikuu-Mahou-de-Isekai-to-Chikyuu-wo-Ittarikitari.jpg (550x785, 147K)

Ah, I meant to separate jewloli and TsukiMichi from the first two as the two good series that I can think of off the top of my head.

Attached: coverImage_2518828.jpg (1761x2510, 2.59M)

Damn I forgot this existed. I only ever saw it on adult swim/toonami. Is it as alright as I remember?

to escape this hell hole. why else would isekai be so popular?

>Are there any Isekai novel/manga/anime where the MC is able to return to his original world?

Zero No Tsukaima

Why do you think it's called "i"sekai? japanese say "ii" when something is good (see hunter X hunter gon vs hisoka) and sekai means world. when they say isekai, they are saying good world which obviously is referring to a world that's not ours cause ours is shit

happy birthday to this future godslayer

Attached: MisumiMakoto.png (484x591, 188K)

Oh shit I just posted that for fun it's not his birthday.

Wait, the actual date is in the image too. Oops. It's the first next month!

Trash. Extremely corny horseshit with an overlong tournament arc with the most boring fights and bland powerups that could have been saved with an /ss/ relationship that the pinky in the background was pushing hard, but was squashed by the main character.

Fantasy setting was completely squandered, villains motivations were moustache twirlingly evil, and nothing unique about the world or its history. Dorothy (and her clothes conveniently getting into tatters in every one of her fights) saved the show from being the absolute worst thing in the world, but it's still garbage.

Sounds interesting. Got a name?

Source? My google is not working for this.

this one is really good

Attached: black knight.jpg (606x455, 46K)

novelupdates.com/series/my-entire-class-was-summoned-to-another-world-except-for-me/

Digimon
Fushigi Yuugi
Inuyasha
NG Knight Lamune
Rance series

Attached: isekaied (2).jpg (1100x1556, 300K)

>Original world by Asanagi

The Chad Native-Worlder vs The Virgin Isekaier

Attached: shinju-no-nectar-016-12.png (1077x1600, 572K)

I hate this meme but I also hate Kai as a protagonist. He’s your typical beta nip fuccboi except he has an unusually vast amount of modern knowledge for all of his situations. He’s also super indecisive and will never actually pick a girl besides the main girl but only in the final chapters of the series. Needless to say: main girl is worst girl.

>main girl is worst girl.
But I like her.

>Isekais always have RPG systems and RPG game like menus and all that

But what games are isekai's RPG systems mostly from?

Varies a bit depending on how old they are. But D&D, Dragon Quest, Wizardry, Ultima Online, Final Fantasy and WoW are all mentioned by various isekai authors. SAO author for example said Ultima Online and WoW, and the author of Death March said TRPG's, Ultima Online, Wizardy and Final Fantasy XI.

That's very interesting, thanks for the answer user.

Attached: Jichou Shinai New Game 1.png (844x1200, 223K)

What the hell

Attached: Jichou Shinai New Game 2.png (844x1200, 157K)

Nice, the translator is cooperating with JNC, just editing the already translated chapters up to professional standards. That should mean almost instant releases with better quality.
This is how unofficial translators should do after license, not like the shitshow that was roxism. This way everyone wins.

Attached: best isekai.jpg (1100x1600, 265K)

Is this some 'world of reversed gender roles type stuff?

Aura Battler Dunbine.

Boo Boo, humans travel back and forth as standard practice since staying too long can mess with their body.

Attached: BooBoo_v01_001.png (1433x2048, 2.32M)

yeah

Attached: no.jpg (1100x1535, 169K)

I think more of them should do it honestly, theres plenty of ways to do an Isekai to make them less state and forcing the MC to choose would be one way to do it. Lets say...
>There are countless worlds with infinite variations, yet on every single one of them we have all existed in some form at some point
>sometimes however a world exists that is missing someone
>like magnets attracting each other these incomplete worlds are drawn to complete ones, attaching like a parasite to fix their own internal imbalance
>this causes the missing individual from the complete world to slip between the two, their existence erasing from one world while suddenly appearing in the other
>the roles of the two joined worlds are now reversed, and the now incomplete world seeks to take back the individual that slipped
>the individual is now snapping back and forth between both worlds and due to the mental pressure of transporting between worlds (something a human mind was never meant to do once, much less constantly) begins to suffer audio-visual hallucinations, blackouts, migraines and missing/altered memories
>both realities are eventually destroyed unless a method is found for the individual to pick one reality, though this will result in the destruction of the other

name?

There was a era of people going back and every single goddamned time people were complaining about why anyone would like to go back to being a bog standard high schooler in Japan that then grows up to be a average salaryman and now you want to bring that era back? And what about people that fucking died and got reincarnated, why the fuck would they want to go back, they're bloody natives to the other world and none of the family they have back home would recognize them even if they did go back.

I said I think more of them should do it, not all of them.

Sounds like a terrible SyFy movie.

Dude its 1am and I had 15 minutes. Its barebones at best.

Why would anyone want to go back to being a regular-ass human being who does regular-ass human being things like going to work and paying your taxes when the alternative is being a master wizard/godemperor of fantasyland? Or hell, what about people that got literally reincarnated after getting truck'd, car'd or "whoops, I accidentally killed ya, have some tendies"'d? Why should they want to go back when there's literally nothing waiting for them in the original world? Remember, the audience for these are the young adults with no future but to turn into tired salarymen who want to forget how miserable a life they're living, they don't care about things like "life lessons" or whatever other nonsense you're trying to peddle to them, they don't need or want that.

this is teetering in between entertaining and stupid.

Family would be a pretty big reason why, at least if you had a functional relationship with them. Which I'm starting to realize is actually rare in this world.

Theres no Internet in the Fantasy land.

1/2 Prince

You don't need the internet when you have something to actually fill your time, like trying to not get murdered by orc hordes or whatever.

That was a fun series.

BEST ISEKAI

Attached: 136.jpg (1100x1533, 297K)

I'm surprised she still has it considering her previous self was just as degenerate as her friends.

The entirety of humantys knowledge, artistic ambitions, and depravatity, all at my fucking fingertips.
And thoust think we are not gods right now?
We travel the skies in flying chariots made of steel that burn the cristalized blood of dragons.
We consume the bounty of earth, land and sea from the most distant lands while keeping it fresh in magical ice chests.
And we routinely craft worlds and end them on a whim on God machines.

Her previous self is somewhere else.

If I can die from hitting my head a bit too hard on the edge of my table I'm not a god and I too can flower it up and make mundane things seem awe-inspiring and pretend like all I'm doing isn't just killing time before entering the void forever.

>yfw you might have switched places with a version of you that would whore themselves out
>yfw if you switch back people will still expect it of you
Here's a reason why you shouldn't return to your world.

Attached: Nervous_Hissing.gif (357x479, 252K)

indoor plumbing and soft toilet paper.
And if you didnt amount to anything here, what makes you think you would amount to anything in a fantasy world?

Ichikawa is a miracle.

Attached: dagashi.png (1025x760, 686K)

Didn't they swap bodies?

Even if I die to a random fucking goblin in the middle of nowhere I'll take it.

Her body switched places with ichikawa (R)'s body.

Volume 1 of this thing was just published, it's getting an anime soon. The MC can't go home, but he can get a signal on his phone when he's standing next to the mirror portal he came through so he can call his childhood friend and download cheat information from Wikipedia and Kindle. And he becomes the leader of a clan of Valkyries who all want his dick but he's saving himself for his osananajimi.

nyaa.si/view/1016266

Attached: 574966394.jpg (806x1126, 120K)

I want to get angry because it's not anime related, but I also wanna laugh... Fuck.

Isn’t the point to relive a good life because you have enough intelligence (or power) in the start to set up a good future for yourself?
Just about every isekai works in that way or has a video game system that allows them to do something similar

What a fag.

Yeah what this world is definitely missing is murderous humanoids killing you whenever you go out to find food.

I love my family but give me a choice between harems of attractive women, the ability to jump 50 meters in the air and a fantasy world of fun and adventure and I'll just settle for occasional bouts of homesickness. Don't get me wrong I'll miss them. But hell that's a chance too big to pass up.

He's happy to headpat though.

Attached: wan.png (1400x1921, 1.47M)

Mate if I died and got reincarnated as myself in a fantasy world I'd be pissed off but I wouldn't even know if I'd want to leave. Soft toilet paper or magic? The internet or fucking slimes in the wild? These are the things we decide. But since fantasy is in the name presumably I won't reincarnate as some other who-the-fuck.

This went downhill fast

Attached: Exterminator - Ch.2 - 3.png (1114x1600, 1.07M)

>Soft toilet paper or magic?
Water magic to make a bidet then dry off with a towel.

>smartphone

Attached: cdc.jpg (800x450, 80K)

>not magic water and magic hot air combo

Having a enemy sounds great though.

im starting to think the author might be shilling this here himself.

What about going to a fantasy world that also has more advanced technology than our world?

Attached: 30.jpg (713x1024, 123K)

So what is it?

Attached: Untitled.png (1198x531, 204K)

First result in Google.

I'm sure you can find some mugging niggers on the way to 7-11, user.

When was it shilled? I don't think it was mentioned outside of when the anime was announced. Since there's no fan translation even of the manga.

Maru.MA/kyou kara MAou. I think the author got sick though so next volume never ever.

why would some beta loser would want to return to a world where he's treated like shit when he can become a god in the new world?

And they keep doing that

Oh, how silly of me! How could I not have guessed it was from Manga - Wikipedia Article?

>>First result in Google.
>Just get linked to this thread and the previous one where it was posted.

>not using the volume scans
Glad to see Jichou Shinai getting translated though, it's hilariously trashy.

Attached: JichouShinai.jpg (720x1023, 104K)

What was wrong with it again? Wasn't it like the protagonist was a massive spineless shit or something? I recall people used to talk about soemthing like that.

>downhill
The only thing that makes this bad is that he's a purityfaggot.

Cloudy Eyes is really damn slow, but not bad.

Does the latter bits get worse with cheats and shit?

Can't expected less of neo-Sup Forums.

Attached: really.png (1920x741, 150K)

Seems to be Retired Heroes