Look at this shit:

Look at this shit:
myanimelist.net/topmanga.php
Western retards rate OPM in the top 30 best manga EVER. Seriously.

Let's realistically assess what OPM has going for it. It's nominally a comedy manga, but it was never very funny and almost abandoned any attempt to be a gag manga once it started taking its action elements seriously. The fight scenes do not and cannot have tension because the main character is unbeatable. There are basically no well developed characters, close bonds between characters, or even any real basis to be emotionally affected by what happens. It's like a kid smashing action figures against each other under one rushed premise after another.

OPM is not good in any respect. Like other terrible battle shounen that have taken off, it succeeded by throwing a ton of neat character designs at readers and making them wonder what each characters' power is. It spread to morons inexperienced with anime because le bald overpowered man has potential for memes and reaction images.

Anybody familiar with shounen would agree that OPM is nothing special. It doesn't deserve a tenth of its popularity, and its success proves that mediocrity is good enough as long as a series doesn't take itself seriously.

Attached: saitama_one_punch_man-HD.jpg (3840x2160, 358K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/_/search/boards/a.desu.meta/text/Look at this shit: https://myanimelist.net/topmanga.php Western retards rate OPM in the top 30 best manga EVER. Seriously./
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sorry OP, anybody stupid enough to like OPM is too stupid to read a thread this long. Maybe try again with smaller words.

One Punch Man is an Abe approved anime

Attached: Abe wave of approval.jpg (980x551, 97K)

Why do you fucking care what MAL thinks?

Attached: [RPG-sama] Maison Ikkoku - 95 [BDRip 960x720 x264 AAC].mkv_snapshot_21.06_[2017.09.01_22.36.08].jpg (296x361, 24K)

This
>Mal
You should go fucking BACK

Abe is very upset with OP

Attached: Abe facepalm of disapproval.jpg (950x688, 113K)

It's sadly representative. One Punch Man has a ton of dumb fans, both on Sup Forums and among normalfags.

Opm manga is pretty good also
>Mal
Hope that mods ban you

If it wasn't because OP is a retard baiting for (you)s i'd probably try to respond seriously. But what really gives the bait away is calling OPM shounen.

I never watched the anime. I read the manga before it even started airing.

Also you're garbage. You can't make any arguments so you just look for one thing to greentext and bitch about.

There is worse shit there, like Koe no katachi

>MAL ratings
I'm sure you really had something important and meaningful to say, OP.

Attached: 1517222767506.jpg (1280x720, 139K)

>You can't make any arguments
Oh please, why would I give an argument to a fucking pasta?
You already got BTFO when you posted it for the first time

>it's not shounen, it's seinen!
I was expecting this.

There is literally no discernable difference in this case. OPM could have just as easily ran in Shounen Jump and been classified as shounen. Nothing about the content of the manga meaningfully elevates it above Naruto or Hunter X Hunter. I use the term "battle shounen" to compare OPM what it's most similar to.

If you have read above average battle shounen there is pretty much nothing new and good in OPM.

user I ...

Attached: IMG_20180318_195108.png (720x1155, 249K)

I was never blown the fuck out. Retards tried to convince me it was getting better but then admitted the highlight of the series is the Sea King, which was almost completely forgettable. OPM is trash.

>quality drawing
>not big hiatus
>interesting story
>simple story
>entering level
why are you surpriced that is popular with normalfags?

Are you so starved for attention you have to bait for replies on Sup Forums with pasta, OP?

b-but murata

You're phoneposting.
I am reposting this from a few weeks ago, but that's because I strongly believe it and think it's a good post..

>then admitted the highlight of the series is the Sea King
Who admitted that?
How can I know that it's not just you samefagging?
FUCK OFF TO MAL

>MAL
>Thinks OPM is shounen
>Pasta
>Retarded
Leave and never return

>You're phoneposting.
And you're talking about Mal ratings and linked to that garbage-tier site

Blablabla

Have you seen the drawings OP? Its pretty

It is also literally the best mangá coming right now, visually. By far too.

So yeah you think you know shit but you are Just a retarded hipster

It wasn't me samefagging (it could have been somebody else though). Somebody was trying to convince me the manga was getting better after I dropped it, and then a second person said the Sea King was the best part of the manga, and both of them agreed on that. At that point I dismissed the first person's opinion that the manga was getting good.

I don't have any friends.

Cheak these dubs

Of by 3.
Check mine

> western retards
> MAL
Stopped reading there

Of by 6/5 check these dubs

Check'em

I don't care what MAL thinks, it's pretty great manga, and anime was pretty good, for me, but you can think, whatever the fuck you want, that it's overrated, underated, cancer, shit for little nigger whores, the best thing in existence.

Of by 8

>VEG

>waaaa stop liking what I don't like!!!

Attached: 1513954869087.jpg (1280x720, 376K)

Of by 2

I understand you're mad but I'm really not trying to shitpost. I'm responding to most things honestly, although I can be abrasive here and there.

Check em

Off by 6

Off by 6
Off by 3

We really suck at getting dubs

Yeah OPM is shit. Great pasta though.

Okay but you're still ignoring the fact that the shonen/seinen divide only has to do with the magazine you're in. It runs in Shonen Jump in the US but only because there's no other manga magazines.

yup

Checked

Attached: 1516936114814.png (953x720, 1.52M)

True, but remember that there are sports shounen, and romance shounen, and all sorts of good series that fall under the shounen umbrella. If I use the word "battle shounen" everybody knows exactly what genre I'm referring to, and regardless of demographics OPM fits pretty neatly in that genre. It's fair to say battle shounen has to be shounen, so OPM is not battle shounen, but the term is convenient for comparison.

I can see you're point but I'd say you're nitpicking.

It's 100% reasonable to read OPM for art alone. I would disagree that art alone could make anything a great manga though.

I agree. I think One Punch Man is the best manga of all time. How dare western retards rate it only in the top 30.

>caring about MAL ratings
Please go anywhere but here

this, idk how people can take fucking MAL rating seriously in 2018. or any other website similar to it. just use it to find new things to watch retard OP

>MAL

it's seinen because unlike HxH or Naruto which rely on shitty convoluted plot points to impress the kiddies
>oh wow, it was a shadow clone all along, how smart!!
or
>man the ants arc is so deeeeeeep #toodeep4anime
OPM is satire of exactly which will probably fly over the head of the kiddies.

>STOP NOT LIKING WHAT I LIKE

Attached: fucking weak bruh.jpg (299x250, 33K)

>OPM is satire
It was at the beginning, now it's generic battle shounen.

Because murata

>muh satire
>muh deconstruction
You're as bad as HXHfags. And yet still nothing you said has anything to do with the shonen/seinen divide.

It's the worst battle shonen I've seen

I like OPM. The art is solid, and I actually care about the characters. Saitama being unbeatable is kind of the point, and it's why he doesn't show up until after other characters have their arcs, or he doesn't show up at all.

That said,
>MAL

What kind of list is this? I know it's cool here to hate Naruto. But if this was a list made by westerner's there is no way naruto wouldn't be on the list and at #1

MAL is representative of what most people think, and someone mentioning MAL does not mean they are a card-carrying member of MAL.

Oh look, it’s this “I hate OPM” thread again

here's your (You)

>it was never very funny
That's your subjective opinion. Maybe others disagree.
>and almost abandoned any attempt to be a gag manga
It doesn't need to be a gag manga to be funny. It has serious moments and funny moments.
>The fight scenes do not and cannot have tension because the main character is unbeatable.
That's when Saitama is present. Most of the fighting time he isn't.
>There are basically no well developed characters
In anime standards there are.
>close bonds between characters
Saitama and king, Fubuki Tatsumaki, Garou Tareo, etc.
>any real basis to be emotionally affected by what happens.
That's a sign that you should drop the manga more than anything else.
>It's like a kid smashing action figures against each other under one rushed premise after another.
Rushed? Did you get past the anime?
>OPM is not good in any respect.
It is particularly good in art and it's battles. Just good in other aspects.
>making them wonder what each characters' power is.
There most powers are super strength/speed, are you retarded?
>It spread to morons inexperienced with anime because le bald overpowered man has potential for memes and reaction images.
>Anybody familiar with shounen would agree that OPM is nothing special.
At least its something fresh and unique. Better than trash like bnha that is as generic as it can get.

desuarchive.org/_/search/boards/a.desu.meta/text/Look at this shit: https://myanimelist.net/topmanga.php Western retards rate OPM in the top 30 best manga EVER. Seriously./
Remember to ignore bait, don't give them the replies the crave.
Saged

>immediately bring up BNHA
R E N T F R E E

>OPM
>fresh and unique

Attached: 1497302148863.jpg (358x401, 36K)

How does Sup Forums do it? Even with all it's flaws it still manages to maintain a level of quality far above the other media boards.

I remember when Sup Forums liked OPM before the anime came out.

How did you manage to make three paragraphs full of potential arguments for why OPM is a bad anime in your eyes, yet have literally no evidence to support any of those arguments? Hell, the entire last paragraph is something you can't possibly back up. Your entire post is just a hollow attempt to make your own opinion more credible by shitting on others' instead of actually putting in any effort to substantiate your views. It's fucking lazy.

My favorite character is Garou anyway and the art is good.

When you're saying a manga lacks certain qualities you cannot bring up examples.

What other battle manga has an unbeatable protagonist?

Dragon Ball

Most of them.

All of them.

It does something different than being some generic harem with a beta ass lead.

Yes, you can. "In this scenario: Genos and Saitama had an opportunity to be relatable but instead..." It's not hard, and if you can't figure that out, then I question your ability to critique the anime.

>Responding to bait

Plenty of manga do that you retard.

You sound like a retard, what did you honestly expect from MAL of all places, of course the top manga are shit.

Check em

The green kid from BNHA got wasted in the tournament arc

He's not the one that made a thread about it retard.

Check the dubs.

Name 30 mangas with better art than OPM then.

yet u don't here about them cause all the neet ass weebs are to busy jerking it to pointless fanservice thus killing the anime industry

>Jobku
>Unbeatable
Sad

>ITT people who don't understand the difference between the story honestly pointing out someone is unbeatable, and generic shounen asspulls.

Brainlets everywhere...

>user asks a question
>gets an answer
>t-that doesn't count because it's not an epic parody deconstruction like my favorite manga

Been here for years, and I still don't understand what's wrong with phone posting

I haven't read the manga in more than a year.

And that's very strange. There are many opportunities in any plot where characters can talk more and develop stronger relationships or more interesting personalities. Unless there's particularly egregious underdevelopment where you would expect development it's odd to make that sort of argument.

Off by 2
Off by 4

>>gets an answer
I want some meaningful answer tho, not a brainlet answer

>part 7
>#2
hahahahaha
But really though, you shouldn't let that bother you. Remember that MAL is short for norMALfags

Phone posters tend to post more casually and drop in more occasionally than desktop posters. This makes them worse posters who miss reposted bait and prolong arguments and discussions longer than if everybody was more up to speed on the state of the board. It's also hilariously easy to change your IP on a mobile phone, and it's harder to type very much or edit effectively so you're likely to be lazier about your posts.

>implying 90% of posts here on this board is not lazy shitposting

You called out the underdevelopment of the characters, if you're calling out it must have been egregious, don't you think? If you can't do that explain how the characters lack that development. Say which ones need work. Do something.

I'm trying to throw you a bone here because I like OPM, but I genuinely want to see where your coming from on your points. There needs to be substance to your argument, or it has no legs to stand on. C'mon, user. I know you know this.

>mangas

>neet ass weebs
Pot calling the kettle black, faggot
just where do you think you are

In a previous thread, OP literally said that I hate OPM because it's popular.
What do you expect from such a person?