Watching English dubs

>watching English dubs

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Pop Team Epic - 11 Popuko.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Q-HnjggczeQ?t=50s
youtube.com/watch?v=lrINOumUccA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This post screams "I'm underage and started browsing Sup Forums recently and I'm desperate to fit in"

>This post screams "I'm underage and started browsing Sup Forums recently and I'm desperate to fit in"

yeah this

Sup Forums loves dubs though. Haven't you heard the Bebop dub? Its better than the original.

People who start sub vs. dub wars in 2018 are ten times the faggots of those who just watch them. Stop being such a cunt, OP.

Personally I don't mind dubs, sometimes I like them better than the original japanese version. I'll always like dub Goku better than the japanese version. I've also been watching pop team epic, and occasionally check out the dubbed version. And I find them both pretty funny at times.

If you got a problem with it, then go fuck yourself.

>I make threads for the sole purpose of shitposting

Attached: sage.gif (720x405, 175K)

>being a niwaka

Attached: popu.jpg (1360x1442, 510K)

Abe is disgusted with OP

Attached: Abe facepalm of disapproval.jpg (950x688, 113K)

I'm half Japanese and the Japanese voice acting is just as cringy in Japanese as in the dubs

The English dub for Cromartie High is far superior than the Japanese.

Off topic question: Do you identify as Japanese, your other half, both or neither? I'm also mixed race and I'm just curious to hear someone else's opinion

My dad works at Nintendo and he says you're wrong.

Both

Most people think I'm half too. I think that's the case for many Koreans/Japanese. SE Asians usually just look asian when mixed though so maybe they identify more with the asian side

Is it? Cromartie has been on my backlog for years now but I've never watched it because I could never get a good answer on dub vs sub.

I always watch with subs, but then there's people like you saying to go with the dub. I just don't know.

>I could never get a good answer on dub vs sub

wat

the dub is universally agreed to be the better version. i've never once seen anyone claim the sub is better, and i've browsed Sup Forums since 2007

well you lead a convincing argument. i'll watch it dubbed as soon as this season is over.

It's not. Dub doesn't have Wakamoto motorcycle.

Dubs are trash. Fuck off back to /r/anime.

I watch almost exclusively subs, watched the sub, and then the dub.

It is a masterpiece. Almost like the English voice actors said "fuck it" and did the whole thing as a joke, but it fit with the entire theme of the show and made it 100% better.

>i've never once seen anyone claim the sub is better

well here's your first then

So it doesn't have anything to do with the actual show. Got it. Kill yourself, retard.

Alright, you have a point. I still prefer the dub.

Most of the time they are but one in a thousand will turn out better. This is a good example of that.

Ghost in the Shell had a really good dub. Though the sub wasn't bad or anything.

People like you who haven't even watched what you're debating about are literal cancer.

sometimes you don't have a choice

Attached: file.png (777x720, 229K)

Cromartie and Cowboy Bebop are the ONLY shows where the dub is better. The creator of Cowboy Bebop even said he prefers the english version.

>The creator of Cowboy Bebop even said he prefers the english version.
It's time to post the source. Come on.

No, it's not. /r/anime please leave.

Watching dubbed anime makes you the worst kind of cancer, newfag.

Dubs you like?
Personally I liked the dubs for:
>Space Dandy
>Panty and Stocking (aside from Stockings voice)
>Cromartie
>Kill me Baby
>Ghost Story
>Shimoneta (for the most part)
>Cowboy Bebop

>Watching dubbed anime makes you the worst kind of cancer, newfag.
You're adorable. I remember when I used to defend the sacred Japanese language too when I had my weeb phase.

Its funny how japanese sounds so cute and easy to understand and then you hear chinese and it sounds like a bunch of subhumans speaking.

You forgot Dragonball

Yeah now you are even worse than weebs. You are the same as retards who stream anime. You gobble up garbage no matter how bad it is and cry when others call you ot for it. You should always consume media in it's original language.

Japanese isn't sacred, it is just dubs as a concept is retarded. Just watch it in its original laguage.

how do they translate "eisei hamarasukoi"?

>sacred language
you still sound like a fanatic yourself, with that blind support for american imperialistic yet undeserved globalism. foreign cultures aren't bad, you are just affraid and lazy to learn.

>haven't you heard Bebops dub
is that the only show you dub fags can bring up in an argument.
and no, Sup Forums hates dubs.

Problems with dubs is that they are rejected voice actors that couldn't get a job on something better, not only that buy they try to speak like a mix of normal and cartoon kind of voice which is retarded, japanese voice actors actually know how to voice anime characters and make it sounds like they are, take as example the simpsons, they don't sound normal, and its perfectly fine because is a cartoon.

Stop being such a fucking newfaggot in (CURRENT YEAR.) I think /r anime is more your style

>Watch media from another country and culture
>Too autistic to actually understand their culture.

I watch all of my anime subbed though, except cromartie because I genuinely find it better. You diehardsubniggas are cancer.

Which makes sense unless your anime is a complete parody of itself.

>niggas

confirmed for redditor.

>I watch all of my anime subbed though, except cromartie because I genuinely find it better
Doens't make it less retarded.

>Which makes sense unless your anime is a complete parody of itself.
>Completely missing the point

Attached: kermit.jpg (262x263, 9K)

youtu.be/Q-HnjggczeQ?t=50s

Guys please don't dubshame.

>reddit
I only go on reddit for western anime though, like American Dad and Rick and Morty.

Bebop dub isn't even good.

Why? Have do you frequent there, faggot?

Attached: bait.jpg (1920x1080, 1.2M)

>I only like trash this one time
Congratulations, plebbit-kun.

This is what happens when you hire a feminist as a writer.
In general in terms of dubs, voice actors can be fine, so I put the blame on the writers or the voice directors.

I can't believe im saying this, but I want to fucking punch kanna in the throat.
Western cunts can't do loli voices

You shouldn't watch dubs anyway you retarded faggot.

post that

Do not tell me how I should watch anime you retarded faggot.

The voice acting is also bad in that video.

Obviously you are free to eat shit but others will call you out for it, newfag.

I have equal rights to post on this forum

>I criticize people I haven't even met for how they enjoy their media for a desperate attempt for legitimacy

Once again, it goes back to horrible writing or an asinine voice director. But what do I fucking know. I'm not defending that shit.

I remember the dub being better

This entire thread is a bunch of insecure faggots who have been here for a year or two and are dying for the affection of the hivemind. Sup Forums has always had shit taste and latching onto methods of how to enjoy your media is fucking retarded. Unless youre streaming because that is just unpractical and irritating.

I hate subtitles. I'm not japanese, I don't give two shits about their culture beyond the cartoons and have no desire for translators notes explaining shitty puns. And I definitely don't want to hear some 50 year old lady's squeaky annoying voice trying to sound like a loli. If someone wants to subject themselves to that then whatever, but I'm not going to let some 12 year old redditors tell me how to watch my shitty chinese cartoons

youtube.com/watch?v=lrINOumUccA

There's a big difference between watching dubs out of personal preference and trying to argue that one is better than the other and therefore you MUST watch one or the other.

>When we did it my theory was that all cartoons are dubbed so they're all dubbed so why subtitle them?
>Especially when you have a cartoon that's so pretty to look at anyway, or it could be gruesome, but still it's an attractive medium to look at.
>So why sully it with words that you're reading and not really watching the show?
>And since they're all dubbed anyway, dub it, localize it for your audience.
>And that was basically the guiding principle of Streamline, was localization so it would get to the broadest mass audience.
>And I don't think that since we stopped doing it people have taken that philosophy to heart and understood what it was.
[.....]
>If I put it out subtitled, my theory is that I would be preaching to the converted, because they already know what it is.
>That to me was the first concept in my head of fan service.
>Why do that, because those people already like it.
>They've probably already seen it through a bootleg copy which some guy subtitled with some cheesy computer program they had themselves.
>So they already had that.
>So why do I need to do that?
>My goal was to sell it to people outside of that demographic.

-Carl Macek, 1951-2010

Attached: carl_macek___rip_by_kuragiman.jpg (600x899, 95K)

Japanese VA sounds completely different from English VA, and calling things cringy is a sure sign of not knowing what you're talking about.

>Unless youre streaming because that is just unpractical and irritating.
It's the same with dubbed anime. It's objectively worse.

Why do you even watch anime or come here pretending you watch it when you obviously hate it?

>watching subs in your language and not in English

Attached: 60199566_3da2afed8d.jpg (500x431, 89K)

This. I usually watch Dubs if they're available because I prefer them. But I don't mind subs either, in some cases I prefer them over the dub. I remember I tried watching the dub of JoJo's Stardust Crusaders and I just thought it was god awful compared to the sub. And recently I watched Girls Und Panzer dubbed, and I thought the dubbing was really weak and that I probably would have preferred the sub, but I too lazy to find it.

I wish we had more ghost stories type dubs. You gotta go all out with your localization. Don't try to pander to the idiots who compare subs and dubs while ignoring the objectively best alternative that is actually learning the fucking language they idolize and watching the raws.

>And I definitely don't want to hear some 50 year old lady's squeaky annoying voice trying to sound like a loli.
Then why are you watching american dubs?

This is bait.

Why don't you just fuck off and watch shit like american dad or sout park then?

>liking dubs

>never watched this because I can't make up my mind
Just watch it holy shit you fucking retard

>>This post screams "I'm underage and started browsing Sup Forums recently and I'm desperate to fit in"

>I'm half Japanese
>half Japanese
>half
Nips just can't beat that white dick, huh?

Attached: aqua smug.jpg (657x733, 85K)

Fucking dubfags.

>watching Latin dubs

Attached: 1517296039438.jpg (540x587, 52K)

Only normalfags say this.