Yuu Yuu Hakushit

Ok who the fuck said this show was good

>here have a ring that boosts your power that youll never wear
>here have a walkie talkie to keep in contact with me even though weve been speaking with fucking telepathy this entire time

>who should we send to save the ENTIRE FUCKING PLANET
>i know, this one human child who has been a spirit detective for five minutes, out of the entire spirit realm he is our only hope, dont even bother sending backup

>demon gives yusuke a massive beatdown, basically kills him but doesnt finish him for no reason but to gloat
>gets hit with spirit gun from a near death literal who human
>its somehow more powerful than all of the demons attacks combined and he loses

>our friend is getting killed out there, and there is literally nothing stopping us from helping him
>lets not do that though, for no reason

>oh no, this fight is hopeless and i have no way to win
>good thing i have this super secret technique that is perfect for this exact situation that hasnt been mentioned once until just now

>oh man im completely out of spirit energy
>i guess ill just have to unleash more spirit energy
>oh no, that really was the last of my spirit energy, i really have no more
>i guess ill just have to unleash more spirit energy
>for real this time, that was all of it
>O MY LIFE ENERGY
>there are literally no consequences for using up your life energy

Dropping this shit show, I can only imagine how much worse it gets from here

Attached: 25152.jpg (225x350, 56K)

Didn't you just make this thread, but without the bullshit tldr greentext?

So I'm not the only one on Sup Forums who sees how terrible this show is?

It's full of asspulls but it's old so forgiveable and the interactions are great
Some of the fights in Chapter Black are really cool

Hey Op while I agree this show is full of asspulls and not a 10/10 I feel like you're kind of missing the story telling to some extent.
>here have a ring that boosts your power that youll never wear
That was for scrubs he got trained by Genkai pretty early in the show.
>here have a walkie talkie to keep in contact with me even though weve been speaking with fucking telepathy this entire time
Botan seems to have her own set of logic. The fact that a demon like Hiei could potentially use that whenever on anyone makes sense. Botan connecting to a powerful demon with no emotional connection seems like a huge stretch. (sleep could also probably cheat)
I believe it is vaguely implied she on some level functions like a human with psychic powers.
I honestly question if she is just a artificial ghost created to serve.
>i know, this one human child who has been a spirit detective for five minutes, out of the entire spirit realm he is our only hope, dont even bother sending backup
I assume you mean the Saint Beasts? I assume Prince Koenma can't use the spirit defense force freely. He did have countermeasures in place when you consider he literally did send Hiei and Kurama as backup. The actual logical problem I see here is why Pacifier is responsible for humanity yet at the same time not trusted with certain tools.
>demon gives yusuke a massive beatdown, basically kills him but doesnt finish him for no reason but to gloat
Assuming you mean the last Saint Beast
He had a hateboner for humanity and literally wanted to torture him. He wanted him to understand the differences between humans and demons. The reason for his life force ass pull was to show the saint beast failed to understand how humans in the yyh universe work. Their power is tied to their own emotions. If you mean Toguro he literally understood this, and literally manipulated Yusuke's emotions to bring out 100%. What you're complaining about is a solid plot point.

i honestly cant think of a show with more asspulls desu

Lol hakushit. Lol that's way too funny. Kek/10 bro.

>dropping the show before its best arc

at least get through toguro and the dark tournament saga before calling it shit. Though you'd probably shit on that too because you're such a contrarian.

if you have to wait 40 or so episodes for something to get good it isnt worth your time

>I assume you mean the Saint Beasts?
the whole mirror of darkness thing. it literally grants wishes and could end the world but they just send only yusuke

>Assuming you mean the last Saint Beast
reasoning behind an asspull doesnt make it any less retarded. also having literally zero consequences too, it doesnt even go for the vague "it reduces your lifespan", theres nothing

I watched it for her
and Botan of course

Attached: [DeadFish] Yu Yu Hakusho - 35 [BD][720p][AAC].mp4_snapshot_09.20_[2017.11.18_20.48.49].jpg (960x720, 53K)

It's for kids. Why are you still watching shounen shit?

>It's for kids.
should we tell him?

It's all nostalgia. It being older means people give it a pass for fuck ups, asspulls and shit writing. Same with Saint Seiya.

>oh no, this fight is hopeless and i have no way to win
>good thing i have this super secret technique that is perfect for this exact situation that hasnt been mentioned once until just now

Wow, it's almost like it's a shonen or something.

> don't talk aout the cute fishgirl

You gay ?

i dont think theres a single shonen that does it more often and more annoyingly than hakusho desu

its a awful show. t

Fairy Tail and Bleach.

true, at least everyone admits that theyre shit though

Foxgirls > everythingelse

Attached: [DeadFish] Yu Yu Hakusho - 58 [BD][720p][AAC].mp4_snapshot_12.27_[2017.11.19_22.36.22].jpg (960x720, 58K)

Shounen in general has a lot of asspulls. Dragon Ball inspired most of the battle manga we all know, and Dragon Ball is king of asspulls. If you don't watch it, then whatever. It is generally agreed it has the best tournament arc in all of anime.

Anyone know where I can find bluray rips? Actual bluray rips, not dvdrips upconverted to "bluray quality". I want the improved colors and dub fixes.

I can only find torrents claiming to have BD-rips but are full of shit and lies.

Attached: 2781353_sa.jpg (429x550, 64K)

It has the best 3-4 man group out of most anime even today. Each of them have interesting personalities and have great chemistry with each other. Not to mention best girls. It has great memorable fights, soundtrack, and villains. All the major faults always ties back to power level shit and that it itself a product of its time due to Dragon Ball's popularity. And you might as well dreg up FoTNS and have an autism fit about its power creep. Nu Sup Forums are such babies.

I would argue the power level stuff is pretty self-aware, especially in the dub. For the time, it was a good attempt at deconstructing and sometimes even openly mocking the shonen genre spawned from DBZ.

>there are literally no consequences for using up your life energy
Actually, there was an entire chapter about it in the manga, but like a lot of the non-action stuff it got skipped by the anime. Still, it was mainly a pointless side-story where Yusuke has trouble against a normal human gang due to being so weakened (still beats them though).

In Fairy Tail they won't even offhandedly mention it either, sometimes the character will pull some overpowered shit out of their ass with no explanation and then defeat the enemy in one hit because friendship

At least Bleach had the courtesy of mentioning the Final Getsuga before Ichigo used, it even though it was brought up out of nowhere with no buildup to it prior to Ichigo needing it to defeat Aizen.

>I would argue the power level stuff is pretty self-aware
how so

>Kuwabara develops the power to cut through the Makai Barrier because he subconsciously senses that Sensui is about to kidnap him to cut through the Makai Barrier

He wasn't sensing he was going to be kidnapped; he sensed the growing makai energy and his subconscious responded with developing his powers more.

Childhood is idolizing jury/koto/botan.
Adulthood is realizing that murugu is the superior girl.

Attached: murugu.png (1000x750, 470K)

None of the asspulls in this series are as embarrassing as O MY RUBBER NEN though, Togashi just stopped trying with that

>sensui didnt even need kuwabara because he can just walk through the fucking thing

It was for the demons that couldn't.

cute

Dark tournament arc is the most overhyped fucking arc.....YYH is cool, but pumped up way to much.

The dark tournament was fucking boring and predictable

>It was for the demons that couldn't.
he said he didnt actually give a shit about them or even destroying the human realm in the end though, he just wanted to go to the demon realm to die

It's kinda implied that those "asspulls" are just yusuke being mostly a noob that can't into using all his spirit energy, so he just keep thinking he's out of it when he's really not.

>The dark tournament was fucking boring.
Get a load of this guy.

not even the worst asspull in hxh tho

Attached: what.png (847x477, 556K)

Pic related was worst

Attached: yusuke.jpg (400x400, 37K)

He did want to die there but also said the open portal was a gift to them

some gift desu, without sensui there it was closed with no trouble at all