Isekai Maou

I actually really like the anime's art style. Was expecting something really low-budget.
youtu.be/4tr8NxWw7NU

Rem actually looks cuter than I would have thought tho.
How many volumes you think it'll cover?

Attached: main2.jpg (1920x1762, 812K)

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-02-26/didnt-i-say-to-make-my-abilities-average-in-the-next-life-light-novels-get-anime-project/.128290
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ah, yes. The loli, the big titted loli, and the *self insert*.

>*self insert*
I really do identify with the turbo-autist so I feel like this isekai really is for me

The art fails to capture how goofy the girls look half of the time. It would've been more entertaining if Diablo was drawn with an edgy appearance in a moe isekai.

Attached: cookies for the cookie demon.jpg (870x1249, 264K)

Oh wow, another isekai with a harem and shitty self-insert.

Attached: 1508330888524.jpg (320x381, 93K)

>Cuter girl has the flat chest.

Attached: 1395170046991.jpg (1028x978, 98K)

this reminds me that the translator usually published the translation with comments. one of those is that the elf looks like she has a boomerang through the head. checks out

Do you have a problem with flat girls, user?

Attached: 015.png (1426x2048, 2.07M)

shitposting on every page, truly whitepod's TL notes are the best.
also i just now realized she has fucking neko-neko knuckles. how did i never notice that before

Attached: 1294945357319.jpg (848x480, 83K)

They're called that? Huh.

最強の魔導士。ひざに矢をうけてしまったので田舎の衛兵になる

>that fucking techno dubstep or whatever that is
KINO MAOU

Attached: beautiful.jpg (1920x1080, 130K)

Attached: p002-003.jpg (2048x1444, 1.51M)

Looks fun.
I've got low standards, so I'll enjoy it as long as it's not litteral garbage like Death March.

More than likely 3 ending with maou loli, 4 would end on a weird spot but it could still adapt that too. Anymore would just cause confusion without a second season but I don't really expect this to sell.

Surprised the anime nailed Rem's skin color and design so well. I don't know why but seeing it animated is too erotic.

Okay so lets see how many LN isekai anime adaptations are out there
Airing/Aired:
>Overlord I/II
>Re:Zero
>Konosuba
>Death March

Yet to air/announced:
>Shieldbro(TBA)
>Slime Tensei(Summer 2018)
>Isekai Maou(Summer 2018)
>Arifureta(Pushed to 2019)

Any other i missed perhaps?

Pretty standard isekai stuff. Super powerful off the bat, world based on a game he played, demon king, etc. The thing that makes it though is that the MC is a spaghetti spilling spazz who is really just larping as a demon king from another world to hide how in over his head he actually is.

Is it right to assume that summoning at the same time summoned both his maou game body and his soul at the same time?

>Zero no Tsukaima
>Grimgar of Ash
>Log Horizon
All I can think of.

Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria for upcoming. No date yet but it has a panel at Anime Japan, so we should know soon.

Aired:
>No Game No Life
>Log Horizon
>Youjo Senki
>Isekai Shokudou
>Grimgar
>GATE
>Hataraku Maou-sama! (reverse isekai?)
>Outbreak Company
I'm sure there are plenty more, but most I don't think are based on an LN.

That was always my theory, but I don't think the series actually confirms or denies this. At least not so far (fan-tl just started on Volume 7).
At most, Rem has recently admitted that if it were just her trying to summon, it wouldn't have resulted in summoning Diablo.

>youjo senki
Wow how the fuck did i forget those ducklips.

Knights & Magic, Smartphone.

Eru's mechautism carried me through the whole story.

Damn the studio doing this hardly ever does anything. I watched Izetta but past that they only do an anime every few years.

Viking clan wars and Izakaya Nobu should be coming soonish.

Oda Nobuna no Yabou
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo

>ひざに矢をうけてしまったので田舎の衛兵になる
Please be for real, that would be so cute.

So, 21 in total? Or 20 even if you exclude Hataraku Maou.

It's actually is a web novel on Narou.
Haven't read it yet.

Don't forget that despite the world being based on a game, there are no game mechanics like skills, HUD, HP/MP bars, exp count etc. The levels are there but they can at best estimate them. This is more reasonably well-thought than I'd expect from a harem comedy.

Kyou Kara Maou, 12 Kingdoms, Brave Story.

23 and it's 26 if you include these 3

There are skill mechanics and HP/MP though. It's not complex but it's definitely mentioned. Volume 3 spoiler Rem is saved from death because of Diablos' HP potion

>bars
I never said that they don't exist, but that you can't see a convenient number for yourself or anyone else that tells you just how dead they are. If you consider that, what we call an HP potion would be called a healing potion by the inhabitants of this world.

Now how many "yuribait SoL in the real world involving middle/highschool girls" series are there?

Average Miles was announced.

Man, everything about this series is anti-normalfag. Gonna love seeing who has to review it over at ANN so I can read their gradual meltdown week-by-week.

WAIT WHAT WHEN WAS THIS?

>Gate
Gate is not Isekai you nigger

They announced it just last month.
I also forgot about it.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-02-26/didnt-i-say-to-make-my-abilities-average-in-the-next-life-light-novels-get-anime-project/.128290

It explains why Seven Seas decided to decouple the physical and ebook release dates, and release the ebook ahead of the physical, when standard practice is usually to have them release at the same time.

They ever announce or say why Makoto's level is 1? Caught up to current and last I saw was Root trying to figure out why.

should i read fan translations of overlord or official ones. and if official ones what are the easiest sites to rip em ?

Girls thought that he was dead when practicing archery, I believe that because of the Zen bullshit he was "killing his self" every time he trained archery, resetting his level or some shit. For some reason this also caused his mana pool to increase.

Yeah that was the only thing I can think of was his archery stuff. I thought I remember someone mentioning that Asora itself was stealing his levels / experience.

My body is ready. Maou loli is best girl, btw.

>based mc
>loli
>other cute girls
Picked up

for those who read dark knight... You think kuroki might have gotten totona pregnant this time?7

Who was that?

>based mc
He's autistic and can only interact with others through his chunni as fuck demon king roleplaying. There are various points in the story where he comes up with a perfectly reasonable thing to say, then says the worst thing he possibly can because it's fitting for his roleplaying.

sounds fun desu

The goddess of books and knowledge, she opened up to kuroki and became friends with his visits to her library. She enlists kuroki's aid to get an antidote for her brother but miday throughout the novel, she got drunk and made kuroki drink alcohol. Which made him lose control and fuck her to exhaustion afterwards.

Come on, Japan. Now make Skeleton Knight and Faraway Paladin too.

Attached: 04.jpg (2000x2872, 1.26M)

>God have merc...

Oh, wait, that looks fine. At least it seems it has some budget.

i mean midway through volume 7 i mean.

Thanks

Pictured here: Really heavy furniture.

Attached: Rose.png (726x1024, 1.22M)

Sure it is.
And so is Digimon and InuYasha.

I want to carry this weight

>InuYasha
Strictly speaking, no, it isn't.

This isekai is a haven for DFC and lolis. And MC is pretty badass. I can hardly wait.

Attached: 1516944519369.jpg (512x768, 143K)

The whole series is a healthy mix of DFC and oppai.

Attached: file.png (727x1024, 1.01M)

True. But I'm a lolicon, my focus is most divided towards what I like.

Attached: 1516942565317.jpg (2879x2030, 682K)

Gate is isekai because it involves a parallel universe. Inuyasha does not, so it doesn't count. However, neither of them starts with the MC being reincarnated into an alternate world.

How big does his harem get, and who joins it? I assume the demon girl from the climax of volume 1 does. How about the bunnygirl adventurer guild leader?

MC's harem potential harem is close to a dozen and it's still increasing. Every volume has a new girl and there we are up to 9 volumes, so...

Yeah, isn't it great?

I know time-travel isn't quite isekai (even if it sort of borders on the idea).
The other poster was just being silly with his denial.

>reincarnated
Not intrinsically an isekai thing, seeing as there are plenty of cases with the MC just being reincarnated in their own world, either in the future or past.
Most other isekai aren't reincarnations either, even if some of them decide to have the MC "die". They tend to just have the MC keep their current body as if they never died to begin with.
Out of all currently aired isekai anime, I think the only ones to truely have a proper reincarnation would be Youjo Senki and Knight's & Magic. Maybe Slime Tensei if we include those that will be animated.

>whitepod's TL notes are the best
Go back to being dead, whitepod, nobody likes you.

Isn't ReincarNEETion getting an anime soon?

Only cat and elf seem like actual romantic targets.

Dunno how many of these are ln adaptations, but I made this list of all the isekai I've seen not too long ago.

>Video game isekai
>(A fantasy video game becomes real life or a character is transported to a fantasy world that is almost the same as a video game)
Overlord (s1 + s2)
Log Horizon (s1 + s2)
Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku
Hai no Gensou no Grimgar

>Trapped in a video game isekai
>(Different from the above in that it’s not a real fantasy world, but there are real consequences)
Sword Art Online (only episodes 1-14)
.hack (various series)

>Isekai to play games
>(Character goes to a fantasy world to play games there)
No Game No Life (s1)
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo
Dog Days (s1 + s2 + s3)

>Reincarnation isekai
>(Character dies and is reincarnated in a fantasy world)
Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni
Drifters
Youjo Senki
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo (s1 + s2)
Knight’s & Magic
Re: Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

>Reverse Isekai
>(Characters from a fantasy world come to the real world)
Re:Creators
Isekai Shokudou
Hataraku Maou-sama

>Isekai romance
>(Self-explanatory)
Zero no Tsukaima
Lotte no Omocha

>Cultural communication isekai
>(The purpose of the story is to share real world culture with fantasy world people and vice versa)
Gate
Outbreak Company

>De facto isekai
>(No reason for these not to have been isekai)
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita
Sword Art Online (rest of series)

To be honest, I hardly noticed the harem at first, but looking back on it, that's probably because the main two girls remain focal throughout everything.
Other girls to seem to become potential candidates though, including a maou loli, dark demon girl, two different bunny girls (that may or may not be related, but haven't met yet), a robo-maid, a priestess, mature sniper, and probably the psycho knight.

But again, the only real contenders are Rem and Shera.

>>Reincarnation isekai
>>(Character dies and is reincarnated in a fantasy world)
>Re: Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
Subaru doesn't die until he's already in the other world.

>Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
Not an isekai.

Attached: Bonus3.jpg (2311x1650, 2.05M)

SAO and .hack aren't isekai, you fucking brainlets.

Re:zero isn't reincarnation. Subaru just suddenly found himself in the other world.

>Subaru doesn't die until he's already in the other world.
What other category does it go in, then? This one was pretty difficult to pigeonhole. It's an isekai and it includes reincarnation, although Subaru's transportation to the fantasy world is sudden and unexplained.

>>Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
>Not an isekai.
Please take a moment to look up what "de facto" means.

>SAO and .hack aren't isekai, you fucking brainlets.
Not true isekai, but the story structure and setting are close enough that they need to be included in any kind of list of isekai anime.

Is this the isekai thread? How do I get in on the hype? There's been a million threads so I don't know what's popping now.

>Not true isekai, but the story structure and setting are close enough that they need to be included in any kind of list of isekai anime.
That makes no fucking sense. That's like saying that tomatoes should be listed as vegeteables because they are similar enough even though they are fruits.

>Shera
I always forget the baka erofu oppai has a name.

>That's like saying that tomatoes should be listed as vegeteables because they are similar enough even though they are fruits.
Sure, I'll go along with that, since that's exactly how they are categorized in the real world.

I don't like the face style, but everything else is fine. I like the LN/manga art better.

>That's like saying that tomatoes should be listed as vegeteables
They should be listed as vegetables due to tax reasons. Because tomatoes are taxed as a vegetable, why? because fuck you pay the tariff that's why.

More like how thet categorized by ignorant retards, just like you categorizing SAO or Danmachi as isekai.

Is a cucumber a vegetable? How about butternut squash? Because both of these are botanically categorized as fruits, just the same as an apple or a cantaloupe. Botanical definitions are not the same as culinary definitions.

How long have people known that a tomatoe is a fruit anyway?
I have the feeling that tax shit comes from a time when they were considered vegeteables and people just didn't bother changing the tax laws due to such a minor thing.

Just read something about cheats, slaves and harems, self insert a bit, you'll see the light one day.

You don't have anything older than maybe ten years? Go watch El Hazard OVA and Escaflowne. Also, you missed some newer stuff like Oda Nobuna which was fun. S2 never

Since we've gone isekai thread now...
This is Kizuna Kazeyama, The Hunting Hero and she's only 1X years old. She's one of the 4 holy heroes from another world. Has a burning passion for all things fishing. Say something nice about her!

Attached: raviloli raviloli give me the fshing loli.jpg (1000x1429, 353K)

>double digits age
Fucking old hags

just fuck off and stop using this fucking site leshit

FUCK OFF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH FLAT? cunt

Attached: 1520877840526.jpg (734x523, 175K)

>Yosh!

Attached: 1494108737369.png (768x720, 384K)

Technically the decision is summarized as
>Botanically speaking, tomatoes are the fruit of a vine, just as are cucumbers, squashes, beans, and peas. But in the common language of the people, whether sellers or consumers of provisions, all these are vegetables which are grown in kitchen gardens, and which, whether eaten cooked or raw, are, like potatoes, carrots, parsnips, turnips, beets, cauliflower, cabbage, celery, and lettuce, usually served at dinner in, with, or after the soup, fish, or meats which constitute the principal part of the repast, and not, like fruits generally, as dessert.
Not that the decision was the least bit about defending definitions, it was about upholding the intent to tax imports of a certain nature.

I like how they made the fire lizard look stupidly cool.

Why is non-self insert isekai so rare?

Even Overlord has harem tendencies since pretty much every girl falls for the skelly

She can't help it. Getting trapped in some far off dimension will do things to your body.

GET A LOAD OF THIS!

read isekai with female protagonists

Oh wow I'm an idiot I didn't even think of it that way

>(No reason for these not to have been isekai)
>It's another "I am the authority on definitions look I made a list please adopt my definition of isekai because if you don't I won't stop shit posting"

At this point I can only hypothesize that the reason you do this outside of being retarded is your subconscious desire to immerse yourself in the delusion that you are in an isekai as well, the isekai called Sup Forums and in order to do that you need to stress the definition of isekai to fit your convenience just so you can continue having wet dreams between shit posting.

So, I'm considering starting Death Mage, since you guys often talk about it. I know that reviews on NU are usually bad, but still – did this guy make a valid point?

>MC's mother was violated and killed, but he can't do much about it, because he needs to stay low
>Destroys everyone's houses, but leaves those responsible for his mother's demise unharmed
What's the whole point?

Attached: Screenshot-2018-3-22 The Death Mage Who Doesn’t Want a Fourth Time - Novel Updates.png (806x325, 48K)