Why is DB so popular in 2018 but Naruto isn't...

Why is DB so popular in 2018 but Naruto isn't? What did DB do so right to be consistent with its popularity while Naruto declined

Attached: 133889.jpg (480x360, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

letmegooglethat.com/?q=do mexicans hate ninjas?
youtube.com/watch?v=_2MmlMxuDFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=GVGa20JQLo0
youtube.com/watch?v=IRsPheErBj8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

DB appeared in the right time and the right place.

Naruto is still super popular, though?

Yes, Naruto still has fans and it's still remembered, but not at much as DB interms of popularity. Mostly because of nostalgia and Boruto appear just too soon IMO.
DB appeared several years later.

DB doesn't take itself so seriously like Naruto. Plus the Boruto anime and manga are both complete garbage, not even half as good as Naruto which was a series already in decline.

Goku a beautiful

naruto was never near DBZ's popularity even once and you're wondering why it still isn't?

Because naruto was heavily inspired by DB. The original always will win against an inferior knock off, unless you're a sword autist

el ultra instinto

Attached: 15214234338122.jpg (1639x2480, 769K)

Because normalfags will jump at any TRASH they see like DBS just because its popular.

But naruto is normalfag trash as well

In Murica it is a beast of the circumstances.

In Mexico it was one of the bunch that folks really, REALLY liked.

Never forget that Mexico had it's Anime boom before USA.

After the Pain arc, only the hardcore Sasusakufags liked Naruto unironically

>moving goal posts.

Don't forget either that following anime after childhood is a less pathetic on Latin America than in USA because anime aired uncensored and with a god-tier dub. See Mexicans gathering on a plaza to see Super's latest episode

Attached: shura.jpg (320x240, 21K)

Latin America got uncensored Ranma 1/2. GG Rednecks

lol son, Dragon Ball Super is fucking garbage. I honestly believe Boruto is better on every aspects even if that's shit as well

Dragon Ball is popular but its popularity was the reason for its massive decline in quality

It's not less pathetic, it's actually encouraged to be part of the discussion in most workplaces.

Nostalgia plays a huge factor but you will be amazed at the fact I went to pay some licenses at the Town Hall and some Bureaucrats were discussing about "cuijas" in Overlord season 2.

Mexicans just don't give a fuck.

In america at least:

DB aired at around 4 in the afternoon, after kids got home from school
Naruto aired at like 12:30am or some shit on adult swim.

Naruto aired around 7 in Cartoon Network way back when.

The simple truth is that dragon ball is a masterpiece. It's timeless.

Mexicans hate ninjas. Not even kidding. Mexicans hate ninjas but love samurais for some reason.

I've only discussed Super on work. Sometimes remember Saint Seiya and similar stuff but Super for the ongoing animes

No, it didn't. It aired on Toonami first. Toonami got axed but still aired around the same time. I forget when but it definitely wasn't 12:30 or on AS.

Because DB was an earlier wave, which allowed its slightly older fans to openly shit on naruto and it's young fans while pretending DBZ was better.

Dragon Ball is simple. Like, really simple. It's how people who hate Super are still able to watch it week to week. It's so easily digestible. It's nostalgic even if you only watched Dragon Ball as an adult, because it's simplicity and reliance of striking visuals over all else brings you back to a different time in your life. Naruto wants you to get all invested in a story and world and shit. Even people who like it aren't gonna stick with it forever, especially when the main story is over.

Part of me thinks that DBZ's simple premise and characters help its marketability world wide.

letmegooglethat.com/?q=do mexicans hate ninjas?

DB main characters are adults.

I think I can explain this, Ninjas are often portrayed as magicians or covered in shadow holier-than-thou guys while Samurai are mostly guys that are very good with swords and go with a code of honor, or had it's honor broken and trying to atone or is against the code and tries to live by itself as a no master swordsman.

From a Mexican perspective it's easier to cheer for the sword guy that in most scenarios you actually see train and fights in broad daylight.

The problem is that from a Mexican perspective the ninja pulls power out of it's ass and is a "pinche puto" hiding in smokes and mirrors, the ninja is better as an antagonist than a hero in the Mexican market.

Non "magic" ninja stories actually do well with Mexicans but they are scarce as fuck.

Naruto's main characters are trash.

Because you could keep DBZ on and not be embarrassed no matter who walked into the room. Naruto was embarrassing

DBZ
>hey whatcha watchin?
>oh it's this cool show about this guy who fights people
>TV screen shows some guys screaming and kicking the shit out of each other

Naruto
>hey whatcha watchin?
>oh it's this cool show about ninjas
>TV screen shows some naruto turning into a naked girl and jiggling his tits around

DB will always be dogshit as long as Goku is the forced one and only MC.

>>TV screen shows some naruto turning into a naked girl and jiggling his tits around
that sounds more appealing to me desu

Boruto sucks for one thing

>Eggberto blue, eggbert yellow, el skatista verde, combined attack.
>KA-ME-HA-ME-HAA!

Attached: eggbert6.png (640x480, 165K)

Character development.
Naruto changed it's theme from it's original premise, while Goku remains the same shit:
ATATATATATA, HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!, *New hair recolor transformation*.. Just proves people eat the same shit.

I prefer current Naruto because the series grew a lot less cancerous than what it was during their firsts years.

Also the beaner audience making hundreds of dumb videos over nothing and uploading every dumb crop of an episode they make.

Attached: Naruto_Uzumaki_databook.png (389x503, 287K)

Boruto actually got good animation. People don't have the attention span for that

Vegeta > Sasuke and Naruto and it isnt even close

Naruto main series is over. Current follow up is essentially "Naruto GT".

Naruto manga and anime out sold Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z in North America. Make of that what you will.

It's much older, so its target fans at the time it was new are now adult nostalgiafags.

Rooting for a doomed team, how fitting.

Naruta should've went the space ninja route but instead nerfed everyone and went back to quo with a new cast of literally whos trying to get more people into it.
It dig its own tomb.

they shouldve gonne into business. Nowadays people only give a shit about finances, the wall street ninja was never tried

Boruto, believe it or not, is actually even worse than Super. Boruto legitimately is only filler so far, whereas in Super people actually wonder what will happen. That said, I couldn't have made a worse series than Super if I shat in a hooker's mouth and then just tried to translate her screams into a script, so both shows are remarkably awful.

Naruto animation
youtube.com/watch?v=_2MmlMxuDFQ

Dragon ball "animation"
youtube.com/watch?v=GVGa20JQLo0

youtube.com/watch?v=IRsPheErBj8

Dragon ball had a proper closure while it was still loved, and then came back many years after to reap the benefits of nostalgia.
Boruto's Dad has been on an uninterrupted run for like 20 years and the quality never stopped decreasing. People are getting tired of it.

It's mostly this.

DB:
>ran for 10 years, ended on what most people aside from the "the move away from heavy comedy was a mistake"-fags agreed was a high note. Recently got a revival.

Naruto:
>ran for 20 years or whatever, got worse and worse to the point most fans dropped it ages ago and the ones following it was mostly younger kids that picked it up recently, got a "revival" instantly after ending

The former is nostalgic, the latter is "just go away already"-tier.

Ya know DB has always been imo the deepest depths of shonen trash. The literal embodiment of what people who hate battle shonen despise. And yet, I respect that people really seem to love it and that's why I am in this thread. You see, and this is a valuable lesson, when I don't like a show, I gtfo of threads about it because it's not my thing and nobody gives a fuck about my pissant disrespect for it. So I don't click on them. This is the most valuable thing that seperates a newfag from an oldfag who has lurked and learned.

I am posting here now, as I have in Kemono Friends and Naruto threads, simply to point this out in hopes that at least one person will stop trying to police what they don't like, and shut the FFFFFUCK up and simply use their right to keep scrolling when they don't like a series. Also to say, keep on keeping on, DB friends and don't let shitters shit up your threads.

As a show of support, here is more battle shonen nonsense that holy fuck why do I love her

Attached: 1512113265578.jpg (1024x576, 115K)

Unlike with Naruto, Dragonball has already flirted with trying to make the main character's son relevant and won't make that mistake again.

People's problem with Dragonball is mostly that its fanbase largely consists of Sup Forums or worse, and that the series attracts them to Sup Forums and makes them think they're welcome here.

They're as welcome as you are, though.

No shit, do these things even need to be debated?

More nostalgia and long break which allowed Super to get even more hype. If Naruto ended 10 years ago and started Boruto right now, it probably would be a lot bigger.

Hello, user, I don't think Sup Forums is for you. Try reddit, or go back to facebook.

Dragon ball has an extra 30 years ahead of it in terms of international fanbase. People around the world were watching Dragon Ball dubs in the late 80s and early 90s.

People in their 30s or even 40s are well into Dragon ball and have been since their childhood.

No one over the age of 20-something should be into Naruto. It only showed up internationally in the mid-2000s and was very much marketed towards kids.

Goku is a household name. Naruto isn't.

Personally I find Naruto cringe.

Apply yourself.

Attached: tiger your post.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

Boruto might crash it the ground, the anime ratings aren't anything above average and the manga rankings aren't anything to be amazed either.

it's not even pathetic here in Mexico, anime was great part of our childhood since we never had an animation industry, you got uncesored Saint Seiya, Ranma, Sailor Moon, Digimon, Evangelion, DB/DBZ/DBGT with great dubs on public channel everyday after school like other anons said, it's normal to go to a taco cart and have the taquero watching an anime, in workplaces people openly discuss their favorite anime of the month, going to an anime convention is not seeing as disdainful as it is in USA (going in costume it's a little bit pathetic tho)

while you americans had The Simpsons and such as your cartoon entertainment our normal saturday morning and afternoon cartoons were animes, they weren't "those chinese toons" they were just our cartoons, also we Mexicans can't give too shits, see people gathering at Plazas and Bars to watch DBS

>letmegooglethat.com/?q=do mexicans hate ninjas?
kek first result was "Do Mexicans hate black people" and "Mexicans don't like blacks"

but yeah ninjas can go suck a dick, Samurais are where it's at

t. Mexican

LUL most ppl dropped during buu saga too just like naruto during the ninja war. only difference is dbz had a 10-15 year hiatus

>This is the most valuable thing that seperates a newfag from an oldfag who has lurked and learned.
stopped reading right there

samurais are for faggits, I prefer wuxia warriors.

Dragonball already had a huge following.
And the new kids watching it love it for the same reason we did as kids.

Its not hard to get into.

Naruto is a sprawling story with 8000 villains and heroes.

Theres tons of other reason but basically, akira toriyama is a fucking genius and he is playing us all to love his cartoon. Its some primal shit that hes manipulating in everyone that it transcends cultures.

Dragonball went on full pandering fanfiction mode. Don't even try to deny it. On the other hand Naruto series is trying to make their own Gohan with Boruto.

Why, you ask?

>Flashback >Flashback >Flashback >Flashback >Flashback >Flashback >Flashback >Flashback >Flashback >Flashback
>Flashback >Flashback >Flashback >Flashback >Flashback >Flashback >Flashback >Flashback >Flashback >Flashback
>Flashback >Flashback >Flashback >Flashback >Flashback >Flashback >Flashback AHO AHO AHO >Flashback >Flashback

>Flashback >Flashback >Flashback >Flashback >Flashback >Flashback >Flashback Hinata Moment >Flashback >Flashback

>Flashback >Flashback RASENGAN!!! >Flashback >Flashback >Flashback >Flashback >Flashback >Flashback >Flashback

Most people don't want to see just the same stories repeated with a new generation. If you have to add a new gen, it needs to be like Gohan, who was part of the adventures of the old gen, rather than restarting things from zero in order to grow by themselves.

Yes, it will lead to escalation issues, but "escalation" is part of the popularity of these shows, not a problem.

Like, literally.
If you remove all the flashbacks and replace them with fanservice and nudity, you have highschool DxD

I would not say that it's substantially less popular. But we can attribute the Dragon Ball Franchise's success and the Naruto Franchise's "decline" to this: Franchise Fatigue.

Naruto is over. It's a new generation targeted at a different and new audience. While some old fans may stay around, the casual fans will easily let go. Not to mention franchise fatigue. Too much of something is not always good. If there was a 5-10 year break after Naruto ended and then Boruto aired, now that would be one hell of a return.

Dragon Ball returning has been hyped for over 20 years. Do you remeber AF and how people thought dragon ball hoshi was gonna be a thing?

There was demand for the franchise to come back.You could say that GT was in the predicament of franchise fatigue and that was one of the reasons for dragon ball coming to a close in the 90s. When the serise returned with battle of gods, it was the dream of every fan boy that had waited patiently for so long.

Super is on some other shit though, we won't go into that as we are just talking about the franchises.

Now that the series is coming to a close, there is no doubt people want to be there for it. But I think Toei and Toriyama are playing it smart.

They have set up there cards to build the dragon ball universe but they are canceling the show to focus on other things .(The new movie included). There would not be a "dragon ball room" at Shueisha if the franchise was dying. BTW, that room is still pumping out content. (Games, manga, crossovers, promos...)

If the series dose return with breaks between or even if it's just periodic movies with time between, it is clear that breaks are essential to give consumers time to breath and to draw them back once more.

I'm done.

Because DB is the fucking best best.

They could have Naruto and his gay buddy Sasuke fight against space aliens while shooting beams but Kodachi wanted to turn down powerlevels and focus on the kids instead of turning into a second super.

>On the other hand Naruto series is trying to make their own Gohan with Boruto
Will Boruto get blanco or will he get fucked over by his dad like Gohan.

So I just watched Battle of Gods. Where would I start with Super after Return of F?

nobody cares about Bort.

Are you some kind of retard? Did you miss the part where DB ended and only recently came back? Did you miss the part where Naruto ended? Turns out shit that's airing currently is more popular than shit that isn't. Shocking, I know.

Naruto rolls forward like a binary pattern.

Episode 1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 2, 1, 4, 1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 2,1,5...

Naruto gains 1 new 30-minute episode of actual time passing with each power of 2.

So, if you add up the total time passed over all 1030+ episodes of Naruto you get just over 12 episodes worth of actual time passed.

Compare to the overall passage of Dragonball's 575 episodes, which equate to roughly 1 30 minute episode per 5 minutes of actual time passing, all of Dragonball fits within 48 hours, or closer to 96 episodes.

ME AND MY FRIENDS GET NO RESPECT

WHAT DID GOKU DO THAT WE NEGLECT

this. its just an appealing series and even newer generations of children worldwide are bound to get into it.

It's just brainless fighting.

Naruto was only really popular in the USA. In Europe One Piece outsold Naruto. I don't think latin countries cared as much about Naruto either. Dragonball had world wide popularity.

You have the math wrong on Naruto. It's not 1episode per power of 2.

Naruto doesn't go 1 2 1 3 1 2 1 4.

It goes
1 2
1 2 3
1 2 3 4
1 2 3 4 5

and so on.

So the actual number of naruto episodes is equal to one half of the square root of total episodes aired, (1/2 of 32) or about 16

What is it about dragonballfags that they always have to talk about their shows popularity or about spics? Are they insecure because people always make fun of them? Lots of shit is popular doesn't mean it stops being shit.

I see, I see. So it's 16 actual episodes and not 12.

My bad

Well DB is just better in every sense. I'm surprised naruto even got popular to start with.

Well I wouldn't count the ninja ostrich episode as a real episode, so I would say it's actually 15

It's well-executed brainless fighting with charismatic characters that facilitate satisfying brainless fighting.

Naruto is a soy boy. Goku is a complete idiot, but not a soy boy by any means.

If you could give any shonen show the popularity of DB, what would it be?

>well-executed brainless fighting
Most of it is just atatatatata. There are a few exceptions but that's it.

Fist of the North Star.

F

Well if you're going to get that exact then you're overlooking a crucial point.

See,

These posters were all me.

>Naruto manga and anime out sold Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z in North America.
Wrong

Toriko

I meant that as in: what episode?

Ah, and now I need to reveal that this post

was also me.

With this we have a key revelation:

NOBODY HAS REPLIED TO MY SHIT EXCEPT ME

It's literally just me correcting myself and backing up and commenting on my previous comments

And nobody gives a flying crap

Ruronoi Kenshin > Naruto all today of the week

I'm a beaner and I'll watch boruto once super ends
get ready boruto threads I'm going to shitpost 24/7

Attached: 1500327574211.png (1360x768, 670K)