Best modern shonen

What do you see as best shonen in manga history? I mean like shonen have brought something new in shonen scene. In my opinion FMA, HxH. Not generic shit like Boku no Hero Academia. What do you think?

Attached: 1474453839184.jpg (1295x551, 269K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/search/image/rysOmMIdsMM3rV6Usrc2Nw/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Magi is criminally under-rated. I feel like HunterXHunter is it's own genre besides JoJo's. Kinda grew out of FMA but it's still pretty good.

How many times are you going to make this thread?

Magi started out strong, but ever since the Solomon arc it became dull and from there on it was all boring and mediocre. The author was really better at doing a small scale story.

I agree with you, it's a draw. FMA is objectively the best one, going by the logic that it lacks flaws or at least they aren't noticeable; it's a simple story and so it manages to be as solid as mercury.

Now, Hunter x Hunter's peaks I think go far beyond FMA's average-solidness. But also HxH is a very different kind of story, it's like a lot of stories stitched together and it might be an acquired taste. It also has flaws if you look for them and a lot of headscratcher moments of "Why didn't they just do X?" "Why did they do Y?" "Why is the author going that direction?" etc.. If FMA is a 10, HxH is a 8 that sometimes goes straight to 12/10 but it's so varied you can like some arcs and hate another ones.

This is Sup Forums, user.
We don't ask what is better, we just shit about what is worse.

You forgot to add Mob Psycho.

Attached: Mob.jpg (5079x2125, 2.8M)

Honestly, no shonen can compare to the best emotional moments from the Chimera Ant arc. Maybe you were personally more invested in stuff like Nina or Maes Hughes' screaming kid hit a note in you or you were a Jiraiya fanboy, I dunno, but the Chimera Ant was basically a hundred episodes of perfect build-up for its last moments. Togashi fucking made sure you were going to be emotionally stabbed, no ifs.

Definitely Magi for me. It's far from flawless, but it's balance of themes, narrative and characters hits the perfect spot

FMA is somewhere in the middle. Just a charming, really, really well-done story. Not outstanding, but simply good.

Hunter x Hunter though. It has interesting concepts and characters, but it isn't much of a story. Just a study of the medium within a certain framework.

I actually agree with this pretty stongly

Attached: Knew_you_were_my_nigger.jpg (1033x679, 168K)

>Magi is criminally under-rated.
Fucking this

Ashita no Joe, Devilman, Touch, HxH, FMA

One Piece will always remain the classic of classics to me. A lot of people hate it because of its fans and popularity, but it's just what a shounen should aim for in my opinion.

A lot of the other good shounen don't have the same all-ages appeal that's part of the demogrpahic. I feel like catering to a specific subset may make it resonate better with a specific subset, but the mass appeal that One Piece has managed to mantain, as well as how the story has content beyond its simple nature that even kids can enjoy draws me to it. And not only that, it's done it for over 20 years and it's going strong.

It's too bad that the fanbase was flooded during Marineford, drawing a lot of hate towards it.

Anyone keeping up with Sinbad?

Attached: xy1OLAl.jpg (2092x3536, 484K)

No, not really. Kite wasn't developed enough for the reader to care about him. Meruem was still a monster at the end of the day. Komugi was just a victim stuck in the middle. I think Gon's suffering and guilt and Killua worrying about him were pretty good emotionally, but sort of removed from the meat of the arc.

Really liked magi in the beginning, but it lost me during the last 2 arcs or so, felt a bit convoluted at the time. Also from what I remember a good number of people dropped it during the alma toran arc.

>Kite wasn't developed enough for the reader to care about him
You weren't supposed to care for him, it was mostly sympathizing with Gon because we cared about him and he had a really strong tie to Kite. I doubt anyone really felt that sad when he "died", but that didn't make it less impacting.

MHA is the best new-ish shonen. You can whine as much as you want.

Attached: ngvCHzd.jpg (846x784, 394K)

>but it's balance of themes, narrative and characters hits the perfect spot
I wish someone like Aleczandxr did videos about them

I wish youtubers didn't make any videos about manga.

Pic related is how you make good shonen.

Attached: 002.jpg (1500x1073, 1.88M)

desuarchive.org/a/search/image/rysOmMIdsMM3rV6Usrc2Nw/
autism

No, it isn't