Misato was a shit guardian to Shinji and Asuka

Misato was a shit guardian to Shinji and Asuka

Attached: 96da12d4-dbb8-4ad3-9842-d64d9e7a6a71.jpg (1024x771, 226K)

Yes and she also volunteered for it because she knew the alternative was them living alone like Rei with maybe a security detail.

wtf I'm conflicted about Misato now

The fact NERV doesn't even attempt to care for the psychological health of its 14 year old pilots despite their mental health being directly proportional to performance is the biggest plothole of the show. Congratulations, you found it. You figured out it's definitely a fantasy anime that sacrifices realism in some places for its premise to tell a character-driven story. What's the next part of your plan now that you've achieved that?

Attached: 1508906798041.png (417x578, 195K)

>The fact NERV doesn't even attempt to care for the psychological health of its 14 year old pilots despite their mental health being directly proportional to performance
Neither does japan.

Attached: 1517257299964.jpg (1745x817, 272K)

No, she volunteered for it because she was a lonely person who wanted children despite not being fit in terms of competence or emotional security to be a mother.

Don't pretend otherwise.

just watched episode 10
>asuka: I.. I made it.
>asuka: But that's it. I'm done for.
fucking hell

Attached: 534666333-2.gif (848x637, 41K)

Thanks for reminding me how she looks so potato in that episode. That and the Materiel episode.

Artist cycling was a mistake.

>Thanks for reminding me how she looks so potato in that episode.
But she literally was in a big, round potato suite, so, this might not be due to artist cycling at all :D

you bitch

why even pick 14 year olds in the first place

I mean its this that annoys me when people try to take the show seriously with regards to the characters psyches.

Yeah, they are messed up, but in the real world they'd be swarmed with paparazzi and the public would be throwing the biggest hissy fit about child soldiers.

seeing as she blueballs shinji then explodes probably yes

Because conveniently the souls of their moms are inside the mechs, which they keep secret.
Nobody out of the know ever really bothers questioning this highly questionable matter.

Seriously how the fuck did NERV get funding for anything while being secretive about their giant death mech project?

>sacrifices realism in some places for its premise to tell a character-driven story
>don't sweat the small details like NERV's total, idiotic disregard for their pilot's mental health coupled with their having no reliable or plausible contingencies for when their pilots inevitably break down and become nonfunctional, which really should have happened sooner than it did in the actual show (no, locating and training a 'replacement' on such short notice is completely within the realms of fantasy, and no, Kaworu doesn't count)
>we'll just rely on plot convenience and deus ex machina to pull us through until the promised day of Instrumentality

That doesn't sound like a well-written story to me.

OLD MEN

what's with the synthwave filter?

She's allowed to have both altruistic and selfish reasons for her actions. People aren't so one dimensional

Lo-fi beats to listen while studying anime aesthetic needs to stop

SELEE is literally running the world thanks to them taking power after the 2nd Impact. It's mentioned over and over that NERV is literally above the laws and can basically do whatever they want with zero oversight.

Its still a stupid idea for their commanding field officer to try and play the role of parental figure.

It's almost like Misato is like the hedgehog from the hedgehog's dilemma.

Attached: really activates the almonds.jpg (800x800, 47K)

The future was written in the dead sea scrolls so Gendou didnt gave a shit

were they faceless old men?

wait i dont remember that at all. So does rei's EVA have no soul or is it shinji's grandmother's soul? Wasnt Rei supposed to pilot shinji's EVA initally? How would that work? How did Kaworu pilot the EVA?

Attached: 1520658565610.png (854x1024, 679K)

If we're talking about plot holes, why the hell was Rei sent to school?
Rei probably never would have betrayed Gendo if he just kept her confined.

People would get suspicious.

Rei is a clone of Shinji's mom, so she'd be able to pilot Eva-01 due to that.
I forget what the deal with Eva-00 was.

That shit wasn't set in stone. They were more like guidelines or rough parameters based on likely probabilities, not an actual set of concrete prophecies. ANYTHING could go wrong at any time if they weren't careful (or the plot weren't on their side)

She's an alcoholic his what she is

Suspicious of what?
He is doing a zillion other things that are suspicious as heck, one child piloting but not seen in public isn't raising any additional flags.

Because other people would have been suspicious why this teenage girl doesn't show up anywhere outside of piloting the eva, especially the other pilots.

something something lilith

I assume the Eva-00 is the previous Rei that got chock to death by a jealous woman.

Its part of liliths soul. Rei 1

Also, what if Shinji was even weaker than he was in the actual series, and just fucking killed himself near the very beginning? Or Asuka? What could they possibly do to get themselves of that little pickle?

Is that why in that one episode when Unit 00 goes crazy it wants to kill Ritsuko? Rei 1, the soul of the eva, thinks that Ritsuko is her mother who killed her? Makes sense

ahh suddenly that Gendo and Rei scene makes sense.

She probably would have. She made no meaningful connections or interactions at any point in school except for the one time Shinji told her she cleans like a mother. Or arguably when he dropped off the handouts with Touji. But most of the "yo fuck Gendo" vibes came from being reborn again and the Eva-interactions with Shinji.

That's one possibility, and the more likely one. Some also suspect that it's Naoko Akagi herself going after Gendo because he engineered her death. Personally, that sounds like shit headcanon to me, but Anno never actually confirmed who is in 00.

Yes thats how I see it

Wasn't that what the dummy plug was for?

Look how well that went

It went extremely well, actually. Then Yui got all butthurt because it made Shinji cry and told her husband to go fuck himself in the face of the impending deaths of everyone in NERV.

Gendo did nothing wrong.

Because SEELE is literally the elders of zion that control world governments and the UN

>letting the goyim know

Attached: 1511135351740.jpg (1577x2216, 968K)

Attached: literally official art.jpg (855x1200, 279K)

I still unironically think Eva is one of the greatest pieces of fiction ever.

Attached: dOdJTT5.png (533x233, 34K)

They do care about their pilot's mental wellbeing. It's just that everybody is so fundamentally broken that nobody can help anybody.

More like nobody bothers trying

its all about pushing the pilots to their limits to achieve an impact. they never had any plan to control the evas, nor did they really want to. even in the rebuilds they're trying to play it as breaking them lets them awaken or whatever

You're right once the dummy plug works out, but before then, they absolutely needed functional pilots.

Running the world . . .

Attached: image.jpg (1280x640, 566K)

I don’t remember it exactly, but didn’t in EoE someone said that in order for Unit-01 to be properly used as a catalyst for Instrumentality the pilot’s “ego” had to be at a incredibly low level? Idk.

They told everyone the cock pit couldn't be designed larger.

Wasn't the purpose of Rei to teach Lilith how to be human so that Gendo could start instrumentality on his own terms?

Well, she tried to pity fuck one of them, so...

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

What's this drivel?

The whole victory over the angels was prophetized already so the treatment of the pilots was irrelevant.

>he doesn't know

Crazy pilots make for better pilots, not only to start instrumentality, but berserk units are plain better.

The more broken the pilot is the more at home he/she feels in the cockpit, in the embrace of their mothers soul.

No shit she tried to fuck him to cheer him up

np

>Rei is inside Shinji's walkman

Attached: 1517877138929.jpg (960x720, 60K)

>the Axis won WW2
Top kek

>Absolute Terror Field = Autism
That's what I always assumed.

something only a poltard can come up with

Seriously. It's a fucking SDAT. Who 's the non-Evafag who wrote this? Surely some Rebuild faggot.