It's still the greatest of all time

It's still the greatest of all time.

Attached: end-of-evangelion.jpg (704x396, 48K)

Wrong image.

Attached: 1508927931291.jpg (1700x2401, 1.29M)

eva's quite clearly an illuminati hint

it coincides perfectly with the modern singularity conspiracies purported by some, all of humanity linking up with a select few at the forefront

Attached: 1_1280.jpg (1024x576, 277K)

I love the series but hate EoE.

best anime movie i've seen for sure

>It's still the greatest turd of all time.
Ftfy.

I liked that I should just kill myself song.

same.

Attached: 1501681325846.png (678x846, 920K)

why? The movie is intended to be the end of the series. Surely you don't like the congratulations ending?

Unless you're a faggot who had a mother who killed herself or a dad who thinks you're worthless, nothing from this anime will appeal to you. The characters are totally unrelatable and the story is complete garbage. You'd think this anime, which is mainly crammed with mecha action scenes would be praised for being entertaining, but it's extremely boring throughout. From a psychological POV the story is incredibly shallow, yet you'll run into people who claim it has one of the deepest and most meaningful messages. The only people who hype this anime are depressed pathetic losers IRL, which (not really a surprise here) is most of Sup Forums.

Those who claim Evangelion is art take a look at their shit and claim it's art as well. There are a couple of retards who try to find further meaning behind the symbolism or call bold scenes, nudity and gore 'art' to justify that they don't just like it, because they identify with a character who is a worthless pathetic coward.

I don't understand this at all, it wrapped everything perfectly.

Shinji is a good point of reference on what NOT to be, I thought that was the point?

@170123493
this post is proof Sup Forums should have NEET blocker

Attached: tumblr_ooly68ygUK1vek02co1_500.png (500x360, 181K)

>from a psychological POV
damn freud thanks for the analysis

Attached: 1520953316583.jpg (3264x2448, 1.97M)

I just didn't like it. The TV series was uplifiting while the movie was very depressing.

Attached: 1508308107803.jpg (1440x1080, 181K)

>From a psychological POV the story is incredibly shallow
The anime is basically a Freudian and Lacanian fever dream. There is nothing shallow about the story or the characters in that way. Honestly it is the best show I've ever seen at fulfilling the themes commonly found in psychoanalysis like the unconscious, the Other, psychic determinism, and Oedipus crises. The presence of these themes in the anime is not very subtle, so I am not sure how someone with such a big brain as you could have missed them.

Attached: EvaAsukaBrow.png (800x600, 350K)

>The TV series was uplifiting while the movie was very depressing.
I agree with this but I still love the movie. Happy endings are overrated.

Successful bait.

t. didn't actually watch the show

Do people actually consider NOT watching it?
The whole point of NGE rests on it

Is it a good idea to want until 4.0 comes out to start watching Rebuild?

You'll be waiting forever. Don't wait to watch the rebuilds that are out now.

To be honest you need pretty good IQ to be able to understand NGE

The only decent rebuild is an ultraman nexus knockoff.

Really? Everyone dies and it ends on a weird note, but the core of the movie is intensely optimistic. Shinji finds the bravery to keep going.

No way. Whether the Rebuilds will be remembered as good or bad depends on how well 4.0 ties it all together.

>The TV series was uplifiting while the movie was very depressing.
You get that both are one, right? The tv ending is what Shinji was feeling when he was inside 01, so the whole was depressing at first, uplifting near the end, and the very end is the result of his new hope and self acceptance.

4.0 could be the best part of the entire franchise and it still wouldn't fix how hard the previous two films dropped the ball.

Komm Süsser Tod is a fucking great song but people only meme about it its not fair

>You get that both are one, right?

You get that that's a fucking meme and a retarded copout right?

They both show completely opposite and incompatible things. The TV Ending has Shinji looking at himself, learning to accept himself and finally overcoming the hedgehogs dilemma. The Movie Ending has Shinji talking about how he'll never be happy and always regret everything.

Not completely, but if 4.0 is bad, I'll just completely forget the series and only think of it as a waste of time. If it's good, I'll think of it fondly.

I love it. I have the EoE soundtrack for it alone.

the moments when the music starts is where my eyes couldn't stop being wider by the minute, this ending left a fucking trauma

>You get that both are one, right?
No, they are not the same.
is correct and explained it before I could.

Thanatos is better

That's really not what his monologues in EoE we're about. You're right that the TV ending was more positive, but Shinji decided to accept himself in both.

I've watched Evangelion through twice now. Once when I was about 16, again a few years later, and now, coming back to it for the sake of showing it to a friend, many, many years later.

I loved it then and still thoroughly enjoyed it now, it may sound silly to say, but it's actually one of those series that benefits from knowing more of the details and what's going on, because it's surprisingly fun picking up where all the hints and clues are dropped throughout (eg. we learn three different reveal explanations for second impact for example, only the last one being the actual truth). I didn't like EoE when I first saw it, but coming back to it while knowing what actually happens, I expected to be able to take a far more objective mindset... And yet, I still really don't think it's all that good. I appreciated parts of it, and yet others just didn't work for me at all.

So I thought I'd lay out where it didn't click, or where I can see the seams and if start some discussion if anyone's interested. Obviously, spoilers throughout.

First off, I should say I like the events in broad strokes. Or more specifically, I like the outline of events,

1) Rei rejects Gendo and initiates Instrumentality with Shinji

2) Shinji goes through Instrumentality

3) Shinji rejects Instrumentality and comes out as himself.

The rest is a whole lott'a spectacle that's not terribly relevant, yes, it's cool, but how they specifically get to the key plot points doesn't really matter imo. The first part is all about getting us to Instrumentality (everyone being killed, 02 being defeated, 01 being captured) and the middle/rest is showing the physical process of Instrumentality. But the only parts (I think) that're actually fully key to the plot as I understand it, are those three I listed.

So I like those. I did in my first watch, since it gives context to what the fuck is happening in Ep25/26 and I like those parts again now. But the rest feels like a mixed bag.

Attached: 1499155824511.png (184x184, 74K)

>Shinji talking about how he'll never be happy and always regret everything
I never thought i would say this unironically, but watch it again

Take Asuka for example, (Note: because it may be relevant, I actually like Asuka, quite a lot). I really, really, don't want to go down the route of "Anno was annoyed that Rei was much more popular in Japan despite him preferring her, so he pushed her", since that's just your typical otaku strawmanning, but... Honestly, I'm kind'a baffled by what happened with her. It really does feel like she was pushed ahead at the expense of the other characters.

For starters, Ep24 leaves us off with Asuka still in a coma, completely dead to the world. She's got a whole goddamn host of issues.

>Her mother and her incredibly traumatic past.
>Her struggling with accepting Kaji's death
>Her struggling with Shinji's synch rate/performance outdoing her own
>Her struggling with "being useless/worthless" and being thrown away by NERV (all her recent battles were losses, huge hit to her ego. Synch rate 0, can't even be a pilot etc)
>Her struggling with being saved by Rei, "I would rather die than be saved by HER". And then that Shinji came for Rei, but didn't come for her.
>Her struggling with being "mind raped" by the Angel and, in her own words, being defiled.

And so on and so forth. She's absolutely fucked up and horribly traumatised, the last we see of her in the TV series is her literally attempting suicide. Asuka is, to my mind, the only character whose suffering is on par with Shinji's. And just like him, it's in no small part, due to her own actions.

And yet, EoE deals with exactly zero of these.

She gets put in Eva 02, she hears her mother's voice (for the first time, IIRC? Why now? Who knows), realises her mother's soul is in Eva 02 and she's suddenly absolutely fine. Psychotically enraged, but fine.

Attached: 1520871307213.gif (544x384, 451K)

>The Movie Ending has Shinji talking about how he'll never be happy and always regret everything.
No he didn't. The only thing the movie ending added was him going looking insane in the end because well, he was alone in the fucking apocalypse wreckage,

>I wish that I could turn back time
>cause now the guilt is all mine

Attached: 1493923688258.png (354x286, 29K)

And I dunno, maybe that's alright but we spend almost half the first part in various scenes of Asuka doing battle and you'd think it'd be worthwhile dipping into any of her actual character rather than just handwaving it all away. Shouldn't this be a great time for Asuka to actually examine herself and work through some of the massively traumatising events that've been fucking her up?

Similarly, Asuka suddenly has, seemingly out of nowhere, this massive increased relevance in Shinji's psyche and his ability to cope with what's going on. EoE ostensibly begins right after Ep24, so right after he's killed Kaworu (the only person to easily, freely and openly love/accept him). And yet, as of Ep24, not only does he not even know where Asuka is, but he doesn't really even seem that interested in visiting her, ("I wonder where Asuka is? But what would be the point in visiting her, to talk about Ayanami or something?" Said while looking angry) that's literally the last time she's even considered.

But then in EoE, he's scared of Misato, and scared of Rei, and Asuka's the only one who can help him?

He clearly wasn't scared of Rei2, he rushed to hospital to see her when he heard she was alive. And I definitely can't think of anything showing he was scared of Rei3, but yeah, I guess maybe he's put off by the whole cloning thing? Still, feels like a stretch.

And scared of Misato? Ep24 literally ends with him sitting alone with Misato and pouring his heart out to her. Yeah, it's not a pleasant conversation, but he's gone off with her, alone after Kaworu's death and he's obviously comfortable enough to talk to her. When is it shown he's scared of her, and why?

Yet go into EoE and he's suddenly thrown away all his character development and regressed to the point where he won't even walk, literally huddled into a ball doing nothing, until Misato basically drags him to his Eva. It's gone from him not even seeing the point in visiting her in hospital to him randomly calling out for her to save him, while huddled in a ball...? Of course I can buy that Asuka would be important to him, but it feels strange that she's suddenly shot up to being "The only one that can save him", something that wasn't mentioned AT ALL during the TV version of instrumentality.

Hell, look at Instrumentality itself.

In the TV version it's mostly Rei leading him through it. Not entirely but mostly. Makes sense (when you have the context from the events in EoE), since she's the one that's "Given him the world" so to speak.

In the movie, we've got a huge scene again with Asuka and a repeat of the idea that he needs her to save him (where did this come from?), besides the physical giant Lilith-Rei form, Rei really only shows up at the end, mostly relevant to the end, the sex (???) connection part where they separate, their discussion about Shinji's decision to reject instrumentality, and ultimately she and Kaworu represent hope in his heart (which he also mostly rejects).

And just goddamn, isn't Instrumentality incredibly depressing this time around?

The TV version of Instrumentality told a pretty clear message

*You (Shinji/Audience) hold yourself away from everyone because you're scared of being hurt, and scared of hurting others in return.
*In doing so, you narrow your world until it's just the world directly around you (reference to Hikki's).
*But in reality, the idea that no-one wants anything to do with you is completely in your own head. It's fine.
*All you need to do is love yourself, and even if you don't, just give yourself a chance. Stop living your life expecting everyone to hate you.

It circles right back to the key theme of the entire show, the "Hedgehog's Dilemma", the very thing that's fucking up almost all of both Shinji and Asuka's interactions.

And then it ends on an incredibly optimistic note. Shinji accepts his flaws, and accepts himself, he realises he wants to remain himself, he wants to try loving himself. He does have a place in the world.

Boom, his world suddenly expands, "Congratulations!" x10, "Thank you!"

For idiots like you, sure.

They are alternative endings (similar to rebuilds). TV ending is instrumentality succeeding, EoE is rejecting instrumentality, and 4.0 will be whatever it is.

Attached: EvaChance.jpg (480x360, 20K)

>2010+8
>still dont' getting the basics of EoE
g-guys, i thought it was a meme

Attached: 1508549459652.gif (480x360, 1.98M)

Of course, it doesn't need to be positive, Eva is hardly an uplifting series at the best of times. But when you've got the TV ending that's clearly an optimistic one, and end without directly addressing any of the character's actual issues... It feels a little out there.

All in all, it just didn't click for me.

It was an hour and a half, of which probably about 30-45mins was necessary, the rest was largely setup or spectacle. The character actions didn't seem to match up how they should have (if Shinji feels out of character while being de-motivated and traumatised, something's gone haywire) and it replaces the optimistic message of the TV instrumentality with an incredibly pessimistic one and an final scene it's probably not worth thinking about in more depth than "They'll survive."

Overall, I didn't enjoy it much the first time I watched it, and I specifically went into it now, many years later, expecting to get a lot more out of it. And yet, I still didn't like it. It just makes me wonder instead how it was envisioned when they had to fit something like that into Eps 25 and 26, and what it would have ended like with Shinji (presumably) coming out of Instrumentality all the way back then.

Wrote it a few days ago when I finished re-watching and wanted to get my thoughts down and figured it'd be relevant so pulled it from a file.

KEK.

Don't believe just what is most commonly accepted as fact.

Attached: EvaMisatoChair.png (581x162, 144K)

>TV ending is instrumentality succeeding
No it's not, Shinji accepting himself is literally what stops the instrumentality and leads to the final events of EoE, he didn't accepting himself and being hurt and all is what would have ended in the instrumentality succeding because there would have been no harm in that scenario.

I more or less agree that everything outside Shinji's journey and decisions is basically irrelevant, but I still love it all. There's some great filmmaking in there.

You're right that Asuka's recovery was unmotivated. The way she recovered only because she realized that her mother loved her all along was kind of antithetical to what her character arc should have been about.
I still don't really care, though. Asuka snapping out of it and crushing the Eva series while Air plays on top of it is one of the most cathartic moments in fiction.

>something that isn't mentioned AT ALL during the TV version of instrumentality.
I've always held that trying to compatibalize the 25/26 with EoE is stupid. They're clearly different things. In 26, Shinji accepts himself... but just ends up in instrumentality anyway. In EoE, he wakes up in the real world. Anno clearly changed his mind about how some things should work out between 26 and EoE.

>blah blah blah in contrast to the end of 26, EoE is melancholy at best.
And I'm fine with that. I liked how it ended. Not on an "everything's okay, yay!" note, but on an "you'll be okay if you're brave enough to keep going." note.

yep

>Being this retarded

I loved Eva, I enjoyed the TV series ending. I dislike EoE ending and anyone who tries to justify it as "N-No, they're th-the same!" is absolutely kidding themselves.

EoE starts with Retcons (Shinji goes from being absolutely fine talking to Misato and largely dismissive of Asuka, to unable to even look Misato in the eye and begging Asuka for help), it completely changes instrumentality, barely touches on the Hedgehogs Dilemma and spends almost no time examining Shinji as a character- something that was the entire point of the first instrumentality. It spends more time taking shots at people that complained about the TV ending, than it does on the characters in the movie itself.

I was paraphrasing but you people are seriously ignoring canon and replacing it was headcanon.

>TV Instrumentality:

"I hate myself!" -> "Everyone hates me." -> "No, they don't, I've just narrowed my worldview because I'm so scared. No-one actually hates me." -> "Even if I don't love myself, I just need to give myself a chance. I DO have a place here. I DO have a reason to exist"

It fucking ENDS WITH HIS WORLD LITERALLY EXPANDING. He accepts people, moves past his fear and throws off the hedgehogs dilemma. It's an absolutely, unashamedly positive ending. "For all the Children: Congratulations!"

>EoE Instrumentality

"Ah! I can hear everyone's pain and rejection/fear of rejection!" -> "You can make life easier on yourself" -> "No... This is wrong (???)" -> "I'll be betrayed. You're the hope in my heart, but I can't even believe in that. I'll always look back on this wondering if I did the right thing. I still don't know how to be happy."

Zero discussion of Shinji as a character, you literally cannot understand why he rejects Instrumentality (beyond "it's wrong!") without putting the TV show's instrumentality logic into it... But the TV show's instrumentality is completely different.

Pessimistic to the core.

>actually not getting EVA

Attached: 1520659657256.png (1071x1080, 1.01M)

Komm Süsser Tod is the shit. i listen to it at least once a day

>Da TV show and muvie are da same!

God.

Read: and come back with some actual arguments.

??????????

>people prefer the tv ending over eoe

Is this just a confratian meme or are people really this dumb?

It's anime you dimwit.

You're *mostly* unironically correct. End of Eva retcons how Shinji felt at the end of 24. You're too hard on End of Eva's instrumentality, though.
(It's still one of my favorite movies.)

>People prefer the positive ending that actually finishes Shinji's character arc and story over the movie that's an 45mins of filler for ~40mins of content, ridiculously pessemistic, filled with retcons, fails Shinji's character arc and doesn't address Shinji as a character at all

Oh wow, yeah, it's a real surprise.

The ending of EoE is pretty optimistic you brainlet.

Sorry for probably being a complete retard, I only recently watched NGE and EoE for the first time. I thought that the TV ending was Shinji realizing that not everyone hated him because of instrumentality. In the EoE ending, I thought that wasn't the case, because he strangles Asuka due to him thinking and having it be reinforced by instrumentality that she hated him.
Is this anywhere close to right? Does anyone objectively know?

>he didn't accepting himself and being hurt and all is what would have ended in the instrumentality succeding because there would have been no harm in that scenario.
You have a few misconceptions. All life reverted to LCL because their AT fields (the literal barriers between people) were removed by the Anti-AT field, that was instrumentality. In the TV series, instrumentality happens and Shinji is finally able to connect with people without AT fields clashing and hurting the person as they did before instrumentality. This new perspective leads him to overcoming his previously negative and damaged mindset through the finding the connection he desired the entire series and he is rewarded by pic related. Instrumentality is rejected in EoE for reasons expanded upon earlier in the movie itself. They are alternative endings.

Attached: Congratulations.gif (498x366, 409K)

At absolute best it's melancholy. I've stated my reasons repeatedly through the thread in great detail. Rather than throwing out worthless insults, why don't you try and actually argue them?

>Instrumentality is rejected in EoE for reasons expanded upon earlier in the movie itself

Literally the only reasons given are

* It hurts
and
* It's wrong/It's not real

no it's not. I actually fucking hated it, especially that shitty low budget ending. It was confusing as fuck and made no god damn sense. It also looked like they ran out of budget and just had to make the last few episodes on a shoe string budget. And yes I watched the movies and everything else that was supposed to explain the ending better but they really didn't. It still made no sense. I had to google and read an explanation. Terrible writing. Made so people can go 2DEEP4U!

>Does anyone objectively know?
Considering the discussion still occuring to this day I'd say no.

In EoE Asuka is suddenly, without reason, explanation or any kind of logic, ridiculously, unmistakably important to Shinji. He's gone from being largely functional/resilient at the end of Ep24 to being literally unable to even move, and calling out desperately for Asuka to save him while huddled in a ball doing nothing. (Meanwhile in the TV show he didn't even want to see her when she was in hospital).

He begs her for help, gets rejected, gets angry, decides instrumentality sucks and "It's wrong" and then he comes outt'a the tang and returns as human.

I don't think there's any reason he strangles her at the end, other than a callback to the scene in instrumentality, but I believe (may be mistaken here) the fact that she reaches out to him and touches him rather than rejecting him is meant to show they've finally overcome the Hedgehogs Dilemma.

Pay more attention to Rei. She asks Shinji multiple times if he had tried to understand others, and in the end Shinji's choice is because he believes in the feelings he felt with others.

Attached: 1515293594488.jpg (1920x1080, 420K)

Because EoE Asuka isn't really a character, she's not used as the character of NGE, she's used as a symbol for the people who rejected Anno in his life.

EoE is just a huge metafest that sacrificed its characters and any and all consistency presented in the series to deliver that meta and serve as a ventbox for Anno.

It is clear you neither understood the show nor the movie. Maybe go back and watch them again.

Oh shit I never saw that Shinji's parents were the only ones not clapping for him

Sir, you honestly are dense, and also no need to samefagging.
>Shinji goes from being absolutely fine talking to Misato and largely dismissive of Asuka, to unable to even look Misato in the eye and begging Asuka for help
You literally didn't get that the last non "dream" tv episode was when he killed Kaworu, so now he is fucked up even more than before, so take that Shinji that just killed the only one that openly loved and accepted him, and i know it's shoking, but fell into the crippling depression pit, and while looking for help he wanted to rely in someone he kind of was close to (at the point he could) and considered strong like Asuka, and he obviously wasn't attached as before with Misato because se was part of the organization that lead to all of those events and didn't make shit to stop them.

And just a point for your consideration, the tv ending doesn't overlap over the crazy dream in EoE, it's just the "uplifting" second part of the episodes that somehow overlap with the scene were Shinji was in Rei's lap, so take both as Shinji's character developements, one solving himself (anime) and the other one his issues with the others (eoe).

>Zero discussion of Shinji as a character, you literally cannot understand why he rejects Instrumentality
In fact you can, but if you don't want to you literally have to take then the TV ending to do it, because, SURPRISE, THEY ARE BOTH THE SAME AND COMPLEMENT EACH OTHER.

Go and watch it again ma man.

Please feel free to explain/disagree, rather than simply dismissing from some high horse.

>Sir, you honestly are dense, and also no need to samefagging.

Calling someone dense while not understanding that Text Limits exist... Wow.

>You literally didn't get that the last non "dream" tv episode was when he killed Kaworu, so now he is fucked up even more than before, so take that Shinji that just killed the only one that openly loved and accepted him, and i know it's shoking, but fell into the crippling depression pit, and while looking for help he wanted to rely in someone he kind of was close to (at the point he could) and considered strong like Asuka, and he obviously wasn't attached as before with Misato because se was part of the organization that lead to all of those events and didn't make shit to stop them.

Ooops, that episode ENDS WITH HIM TALKING TO MISATO. Literally opening his heart to her.

Shinji is resilient at that point. He's clearly crushed by Kaworu's death, but he's openly talking about it, he's not running away or hiding, he went with Misato somewhere they could be alone (where he first met Kaworu) and talked to her about things.

He shows literally zero signs of being scared of her. And he's clearly able to interact with her.

>In fact you can, but if you don't want to you literally have to take then the TV ending to do it, because, SURPRISE, THEY ARE BOTH THE SAME AND COMPLEMENT EACH OTHER.

Oh fuck it's another one of these retards.

"Th-They're the same! Even though they show completely different and contradicting things! Th-They are!"

Christ. I regret wasting my time arguing your first point because you're obviously too dumb to understand what I wrote.

Attached: 1432682961927.jpg (194x259, 6K)

I actually, uniroincally think it's something along those lines. Or simply him pushing her because Rei was staggeringly more popular than her (how much time is wasted on her pointless battle scenes exactly? And then Shinji is captured literally instantly...)

But I don't wanna go down that route because it just sounds like waifu-fagging and I'm trying to stay objective.

>He shows literally zero signs of being scared of her. And he's clearly able to interact with her.
And then Misato replied in soldier mode which didn't help at all.

Attached: 1506430788062.jpg (1440x1080, 103K)

>Shinji is resilient at that point
No, he was on that beach crying for hours after Kaworu's death. Misato found him there.

Attached: tears.png (1440x1080, 1.08M)

>Even though they show completely different and contradicting things!
Well, then keep your delusion. I guees you are happy feeling that you are the only one that get that are different alternative endings.
Also, a tip, don't watch Eva or EoE again or you could find some things that you didn't want to know like that both are the same.

It's takes courage and ability to recognize that there is an absolute best, towering above the rest.

Attached: e6263997-e55e-4994-c94b-2daf0051cf1b.png (1280x720, 951K)

>It hurts
The world before instrumentality is what hurts Shinji. I'm pretty sure Shinji rejected instrumentality because of something Misato told him earlier in the movie (along with a couple other reasons). This is where the story/ timeline deviated from the TV series. The first half of the movie set up the rejection opposed to the TV series.

HAHA OVERRATED Erm No no its not pumpkin.. Long after your shitty self
has wasted from the earth Eva will still be there you know why? Huh? HUH? Because its the best and if you can't accept that then you're gonna get a knuckle sandwich from me!
*cracks knuckles
Man really shows how downhill this place has gone when the anti-eva NIGGERS come out of the woodwork trying to sully the perfection that is NEON to the GENESIS to the EVANGELION. You know it, I love it, we love it, and you love it too you just dont know it yet. So why dont u just SHUT UP for a moment
because you don't know what you're talking about!

Just take a moment to rethink ur perspective before I SLAP YOU for your wrong opinions. This is Eva territory so if you ever come around here with that BULLSHIT again you're gonna have to answer to me?!!!

This isn't reddit uhhhhh this isn't uhhh TUMBLER?!?!? THis is Sup Forums and here we show EVA some RESPECT. OKAY? Thanks but no thanks faggot!! Hope you learned your lesson.......

>170127740

Attached: 1521494274000.jpg (1280x720, 170K)

I dont agree with this nigga but i am convinced its 2 different endings with the same message of acceptance of self, love and will to keel going.
In the TV ending, instrumenality is basically a good thing. Everyone is in the heaven. It is a bit weird because no secrets, but people are still free to interact and have fun forerver. Not even once instrumentality is displayed as bad or reversible.

On EoE, instrumentality is bad but ultimately reversible.

That's Madoka, especially Rebellion.

ok
understood

That doesn't mean he's not resilient. Of course he's going to cry, Misato cried like crazy after Kaji's death, but he still moves forwards. He doens't shut her out, he explains clearly what he's feeling and why he's so messed up, and he's perfectly fine talking to her.

And he answers her honestly rather than shutting her out, which is exactly what he would have done earlier in the series. It's exactly what he DID DO earlier in the series. It shows he hasn't reverted his growth, he's still the guy who's struggled slowly forwards through everything.

And then in EOE,
>Can't look at Misato
>Can't speak to Misato
>Can't even move
>"Asuka! Help! You're the only one who can save me!"

>you are the only one that get that are different alternative endings.
I'm not him and I also think that the two endings are distinct alternate endings. You are too sure of yourself.

2.0 is fantastic. 3.0 is a dumpster fire so you're still right

Well, the climax of the movie is asuka rejecting shinji, and shinji trowing a tantrum and destroying the world, and it ends with the idea that they can learn to stop to hate each other, even if their relationship been the worst possible so far.

>i am convinced its 2 different endings with the same message of acceptance of self, love and will to keel going.

EoE literally never has any scenes about self-acceptance or self-loving. The Instrumentality in EoE is ridiculously and shamefully short and pointless compared to spending two entire episodes on it like the TV series. TV series literally has Shinji reforming his own Ego from nothing, addresses his connections and his fear of connections... EoE just has him begging Asuka for help, Asuka refusing to save him and complaining he didn't do enough for her, Rei saying he didn't do enough for Asuka, and then Shinji deciding it's a bad thing and leaving.

>States wrong opinions
>Gets told why they're wrong
>Resorts to insults

>wrong opinions

>scenes about self-acceptance or self-loving.
Wrong. Rei talks with shinji about the importance of self love. How its important and how you cant love someone else if you dont love yourself first. The same damn message as EoTV, but delivered with a somber tone.

And you are definitely being retarded about your later statement and completely ignoring the progress shinjis makes throughout the movie. Should I also ignore the progress he makes in EoTV and pretend he ends as closed off as he starts that episode? Sitting on a chair and loathing self?

>Wrong. Rei talks with shinji about the importance of self love. How its important and how you cant love someone else if you dont love yourself first. The same damn message as EoTV, but delivered with a somber tone.

Yeah? And when does Shinji decide he can or should love himself? Anywhere? Ever?

NO

Attached: wire.jpg (314x314, 24K)

no sopranos is the better anime

Attached: The Sopranos.png (394x346, 527)

Probably meant unfounded opinions.

It's legitimately garbage. I watched it way after it came out, so my opinions aren't affected by nostalgia. I'd probably rate eva 7/10 at best on a scale where 6 is irredeemable garbage.

This anime was pretty interesting
It has a lot of Kabbalah and christian things. Weird i don't see /x/ threads about this.

thx for the opinion ign

>In the TV ending, instrumenality is basically a good thing. Everyone is in the heaven. It is a bit weird because no secrets, but people are still free to interact and have fun forerver. Not even once instrumentality is displayed as bad or reversible.
Maybe you should watch that bit where everyone judges Misato's sexual conduct again. Nobody enjoys that scene. All you get are various degrees of disgust and shame.

The only really good thing about that show is that we got Eva thanks to it. The second have of the movie was ok I guess as well.