Pre-2000s Anime Thread

>What have you been watching?
>Reading?
>Favourites?
>Hated?

Attached: [LD 640x480] Soukihei M.D Geist Jp(Macross 2012) [70EB4BD4].mkv_snapshot_04.07_[2018.03.20_21.42.31] (640x480, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/xwxodv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just finished Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket.
Maybe I will watch the second Patlabor movie.

Attached: tumblr_p1vtqpJMMX1rvn5z6o1_500.jpg (500x375, 65K)

WMT is good for your heart.

any anime similar to the comfiness of Onizuka

Attached: Great.Teacher.Onizuka.full_.958844-e1460405309320.jpg (985x514, 249K)

that was a question

I really like Ideon and I want more people to watch it. Please watch the full thing and don't just jump into A Contact/Be Invoked, or you'll miss out on a very fun little show.

It's been spoiled to death thanks to the memes surrounding it, but it's a very nice show if you're the type to enjoy an old style of sci-fi with a slow burn and build up to an "interesting" event.

Thank you and have a good day.

Attached: [EG]Space_Runaway_Ideon_03_BD(720p_10bit)[9115B18E].mkv_snapshot_18.56_[2017.08.14_00.19.27].jpg (960x720, 60K)

LUPAAAN DE TUUUUUURD. It's fun. I hope they do more episodes where Lupin, Jigen, Fujiko and Goemon actually team up.

None , but durarara have fist fighting and an urban setup. It's not comfy though , season 2 is a huge clusterfuck.
If you're searching for urban theme + comfy + school dropouts i'd recommend kamisama no memouchou.
Really nothing like onizuka out there.

>Lupin, Jigen, Fujiko
yeah
>Lupin, Jigen, Fujiko and Goemon
no

Attached: 1521256011062.jpg (960x3667, 631K)

I agree. Made me feel nostalgic for 0079. Also Bes is best boy.
>Please watch the full thing and don't just jump into A Contact/Be Invoked
Do people actually do that?

Attached: [xPearse] Magic Knight Rayearth OVA - Episode 01 [English] [Dual Audio] [480p].webm (486x360, 2.85M)

The School teacher part or Delinquent part?
Gokusen has the same premise as GTO, but is yakuza lady teacher and delinquents instead.
There was also this very short OVA about a Teacher lady and a delinquent class, but I forgot the name.

If you want delinquent comedy then Kyou Kara Ore Wa and Be-Bop Highschool.

DEEEEE DEDE DEEEEEEEEE COOLEST DRIVERS HIGH

There's a Yuusha series even at Nakano Broadway for the next few weeks, and I've been meaning to watch GGG for a while now. I've got 57 episodes to watch before I go on April 7th.

Yes. There are people who advocate skipping the last couple of episodes of the TV series, or just skipping the TV series in general, in favor of getting into A Contact and Be Invoked ASAP.

An argument could be made for people who had seen it all in the past, but even then I think Ideon is a slow burn that should be appreciated for its journey. I enjoy the destination, but it doesn't pay off as much if you can't kick back, relax, and take in everything that happens along the way there.

I sorta wish Discotek or someone could pick up the Ideon BDs and give us an official release of the whole thing. It would be nice to own.

Gije Zaral is best boy, btw, but Bes is a good choice that I can't disagree with.

Attached: [EG]Space_Runaway_Ideon_16_BD(720p_10bit)[07E7E595].mkv_snapshot_22.58_[2017.08.27_04.23.38].jpg (960x720, 54K)

Does Ideon pick up? I'm new to mecha and this is hailed as a classic, but I'm having a hard time getting into it. The character interactions are weird, and it's the same thing every episode so far

I heard he's a nice man, yeah, even if he gets angry, sometimes.

Remember to discard idiots like and Space Runaway Ideon is a garbage show that suffers all the same Tomino issues, on top of severe budget issues. It gets massively overrated because Anno cited the finale movie, Be Invoked, as an influence on EoE, and that's the sole reason for 99.9% of retards deciding to watch it. In other words, it's just evababbies.

There's a reason you don't hear much about other old Tomino shows like Dunbine or L-Gaim here.

>this is hailed as a classic
No it isn't, dumbass. It is 100% scrapheap mecha trash dug up by eva fanboys because almighty lord and savior Anno mentioned it.

People do indeed call it a classic, and that's where I was interested

>Do people actually do that?
There's always speedwatchers that suggest compilation movies like in Gundam.

I began watching Esper Mami yesterday, and so far it has been really fun and interesting. But with how long it is, I fully expect it to get stale and repetitive with no progress whatsoever, so I don't expect to ever finish it. But will continue watching until I get bored of it.

>sucking Anno's cock this hard

Attached: 1412441889956.png (1152x699, 715K)

>People do indeed call it a classic
Great argument, moron.
But yes, retards like you slap on the label of classic based on nothing.

dailymotion.com/video/xwxodv

Attached: Maicching_Machiko-sensei28-2.jpg (640x480, 31K)

>it's terrible because I say it is
>anyone who says it isn't must be an evafag

Attached: 1462609067451.gif (500x281, 941K)

Ideon is good

Attached: [EG]Space_Runaway_Ideon_21_BD(720p_10bit)[9F338E9E].mkv_snapshot_20.42_[2015.07.06_22.32.45].jpg (960x720, 185K)

How far in are you? By episode 6, all the major plot elements, recurring themes, and general structure would have been laid out for you. If you're past 6 and you're not finding yourself enjoying it, I think it's alright to drop it, or just shelve it for now and try again some other time when you're looking for a show like it.

I think it's a good show, but I'm not going to pretend it's perfect on every level. If you don't like it, you don't like it, I just appreciate the effort you made in checking it out.

Attached: [EG]Space_Runaway_Ideon_11_BD(720p_10bit)[E1043AE5].mkv_snapshot_21.58_[2017.08.22_04.40.18].jpg (960x720, 49K)

>Getting angry at me even though it's literally just what I read, not even what I agree with

It was episode 4 I think. Maybe I should continue past 6 then

>interested in watching an old mecha show
>50 episodes

Attached: 1521585552696.png (1440x1090, 2.02M)

Yes? That's a good number of episodes to tell a complete story with anything resembling decent scale.

What's the deal with these bugs?

Attached: ytd.png (960x720, 696K)

Cicadas? Even before I moved to Japan I knew what they were. Where I used to live you'd see them every now and then, over here when they get active, they're so fucking loud you can't hear yourself think if you're walking outside near a tree.

reminder: no /m/ "classic" is anywhere near as good as they say it is, they view everything with mecha-tinted goggles. their favorite genre is primarily made for selling children's toys, everything else is secondary.

0079 could have erased 10 or so episodes from the earth arc and lost nothing of value

I'd rather watch a 50 eps good series than 4 godawful 12-episode seasonal shit.

Remember you would watch these shows once a week over an entire year.

I'm sure you really believe that. But, you should know you're actually wrong, and it's likely due to your being a homosexual.

>Characterization is nothing of value, only major plot points
You're the worst.

So that's what's making all that noise in Evangelion, those insects seem to be rather uncommon where I live.
I've seen a very similar shot to this one in several old animes, so I thought that maybe there is some symbolic meaning behind it.

>so I thought that maybe there is some symbolic meaning behind it.
No, there's just a fucking lot of them. It's a way to remind the audience "it's summer and it's hot out".

>I'd rather watch a 50 eps good series
but its a mechashit series so you know it will be padded out with filler and a mandatory fight sequence every episode because GOTTA SELL THOSE MODEL KITS

Let me guess, all you

It just tells you that it's summer

>mechashit

Versailles was such a work of art. I never liked Marie Antoinette whilst watching it, but I appreciate how great of a character she is: a true, naive and manipulated hypocrite at heart.

But the movies are literally an improvement overall. Our saviour Tomino said so himself.

From 80s onwards maybe. Before then, a lot of shows really were made to essentially be monster-of-the-week, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but a lot of people just don't enjoy it.

Friendly reminder to not use these threads as rec threads and to report posts like this.

I hope you're being facetious.

A mandatory mecha fight scene makes a series even better.

Tomino also hates Victory and said Turn A took place 500 years after UC.

I'm not, it's true.

Attached: huuurrrrrrrrrrr.jpg (960x720, 95K)

41 episodes into Patlabor. I'm really going to miss it when it's over. I loved everything. I love the OVAs, the movies, and the TV series. I know there's more but I feel like it just won't be the same. I'm really going to miss the cast and seeing the beautiful Ingram designs every day.

Attached: 1521419280262.jpg (1200x680, 86K)

>manipulated
Who manipulated her? She was surrounded by people begging her to take her duties as a monarch seriously while she just wanted to continue living the carefree life of a young princess with no regard for the people of France.

Attached: 1521312459856.jpg (960x720, 174K)

Patlabor is great. Also, don't forget there are an extra 16 OVAs that take place after the tv series and wrap up the story.

Attached: (G_P) Patlabor OVA2 06(x264 720p)(E106E114).mkv_snapshot_13.57_[2017.10.19_17.36.12].jpg (960x720, 79K)

This thing of an anime.

Attached: [Chillock] Kyouryuu Tankentai Born Free - Episode 01 - Birth Of The Born Free [English Sub] [480p].m (640x480, 51K)

these threads should just be pre-2010s at this point because newfags don't watch anything before 2010 anyway.

tfw I can't discuss Arete Hime or Adult Empire Strikes Back because they're both from 2001

Remember that one bitch who got her into gambling? I can't actually remember her name, but she had a nasty female friend, that's for sure.

You should watch IBO. You strike me as the type who would prefer that kind of mecha. It even has a gay character so you'll have someone you can relate to.

Are the New Files as good when they don't have anything to do with Mamoru Oshii though?
If you want, you can just go make a 2000-2010 thread?

Well yeah they don't. If you're new to anime and haven't seen anything, you'd watch some quality airing show or a classic everyone recommends. You wouldn't start with obscure stuff

Not that user but that's 50 episodes overall, isn't it?

>letting K-On fags in the pre-y2k threads

Attached: 1494897300602.jpg (480x360, 33K)

Just about 50 if you add up both seasons. I'll never get those hours of my life back.

just like ill never get the hours of my life spent watching trash like zeta gundam or votoms. dont fall for the /m/eme lads

Madame du Polignac. She may have manipulated her but that was only briefly. Marie had been shirking royal duties for years before she met her and if anything she got worse in the years after Fersen convinced her to kick her out of Versailles.

>You should watch IBO
That's cruel user.

>trash like zeta gundam
Consider sudoku.

>Writes like an ESLfag
>lads
>shit taste
Checks out.

I knew my post would attract /m/aggots who unironically think Zeta Gundam and Votoms are masterpieces. Embarrassing.

You're literally subhuman and no opinions you have carry any weight.

>People say it's a classic
NO THEY DON'T THEY ONLY -SAY- IT'S A CLASSIC
>That's what I said
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>I knew my bait would guarantee some replies
Congratulations, I fell for it.

Nope, you can make a 2000s thread. People do it all the time, and they're actually pretty decent.

Cicadas soend a fuckton if time underground before they mature into a bug that looks like that, so they are sometimes used as a symbol for maturing, waiting a long time for a brief payoff, transience, similar themes

But mostly "it's summer"

I'm 80% sure that this is just that fucker who thinks pre-2000s threads are too cordial and thinks shitposting is the only thing that counts as discussion and you guys are falling hard for his bait

>Are the New Files as good
I'd say so. They have pretty much the same tone and style as the television series.

Attached: 1492523378146.png (1000x662, 3.55M)

Circlejerk cocksucking that you get from newfags or refugees from other sites of (god forbid) gay ERPers is fucking terrible, but when people who actually watch anime and have been here for more than a couple years gather in a thread that doesn't put a target for shitposters or newfags on itself (like the 3x3 threads) then you can actually have a good thread because there's no need to insult half the posters.

>trash like zeta gundam

Attached: KAMILLE in pink.jpg (960x720, 91K)

Just like evafags already are let in?

I mean compared to 0079 it really wasn't that great

Attached: 1509682641871.png (1002x738, 869K)

What an awful opinion to have.

Attached: sandwiches.gif (500x371, 455K)

People usually tell them to fuck off, actually.

The fight choreography turning into *teleports behind you* movements and killed zeta for me, even when the combining robot autism of the original was stripped

remember when these threads discussed good anime instead of attracting /m/anchildren fellating their toy commercials?

Attached: 1487271346098.jpg (1440x1080, 112K)

>I only watch mature anime for mature gentlemen such as myself

Most good pre-2000s anime are mecha though.

That statement is questionable, but don't know enough to say for sure.

M8 you're the one ensuring the thread revolves around /m/ right now

Please stop

He is a nice man. Yeah, he smiles.

>Tfw enjoy all the anime typically associated with this attitude
>Had no idea it was even a thing to be a fan of those sorts of shows, just thought it was shows I liked

These will never not be Recommendation threads. I'm glad mechafags are here.

Remember when user was too busy fellating his boyfriend to shitpost the threads by pretending /m/echa isn't top tier anime? Me neither.

70s mecha is peak anime.

Attached: 280.png (280x495, 193K)

70s mecha manga > 70s mecha anime

Watched Appleseed last night for the first time. It was fun and all, it was fun but felt a little straightforward and less memorable than other Shirow-associated works to me.

Also like, goddamn you guys, you know there's a traitor in your midst and you don't immediately suspect the guy who was repeating the terrorist's rhetoric over his wife's grave and calling for the downfall of society the day before?

Attached: IMG_7391.jpg (225x350, 80K)

That's only true for Getter.

I'm going to post this every day until you like it

Attached: 1488715331641.gif (500x377, 1008K)