One piece

List of ass pulls and other "fortuitous coincidences" in this arc

>Nami just happens to have BM's Vivre card, which happens to be literally the only one ever made, so they don't get killed by homies
>Nami just happens to have the ability to "make it rain" which is exactly what Luffy needed to soften Cracker's biscuit soldiers so he could eat them and win (Luffy happens to be a rubber boy the only thing that could allow enable him to eat that much)
>Brook just happens to have the perfect power to weaken the soldier homies directly linked to BM's soul.
>the tamatobake box bomb just happens to fall down the side of the building and explode
destroying the entire tower allowing the strawhats to escape the moment they get cornered
Seriously, what Happened to Oda after the Timeskip to make him produce such a shitty arcs?

Attached: 1518153546590.jpg (255x246, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Irresponsible_Captain_Tylor#Plot
youtube.com/watch?v=VfcW4_9Oumw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Nami just happens to have BM's Vivre card
Speedreader

Chapters left this arc?

Attached: h.png (570x897, 965K)

>entire theme of strawhats are miracles
complains about miracles
you're zero fun

>the fairy tail defense

Literally all of those made sense and had been foreshadowed, though. It's after that part that the arc goes to shit.

Do you know the meaning of coincidence?

just TRY and compare the miracles in one piece with the miracles in fairy tail; they're on completely different levels storytelling wise.

But somehow, Germa not being piss-weak is motivated by merchandising and is the worst thing about this arc.

What the fuck are you saying you retard?

>Brook just happens to have the perfect power to weaken the soldier homies directly linked to BM's soul.
it's logic that a power linked to soul is effective against another power linked to soul, but now I really want to see Brook fight someone with another guy who have a soul power

>Dude, it's SUPPOSED to be shit

Did you never watch The Irresponsible Captain Tylor?

He din't say that. Is that really a problem that the strawhats got lucky? Only the tamatebako box were really lucky. Everything else is just Luffy having a good and diverse crew.

Just quoting another retard from a previous thread. Germa wank ruined this arc in his eyes.

What a retard.

That’s what I was thinking.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Irresponsible_Captain_Tylor#Plot
Geez, it's like an AU where Luffy became a Marine instead of a pirate, and it's in space

Not him, but based

>Lola
>Nami spent TS on a weather island
>Brook's df
>Tamatebako already explained in FI

I can tell worse than this yk

HOW DID LUFFY WIN VS KATAKURI?

bro this is stupid. none of these are even asspuls. you clearly don't know what the word means

>Lola
Yes, but it is still a coincidence the Vivre card was BM's and came in handy in this arc.

Your existence is also a coincidence user

Who /oven/ here?

Attached: image.jpg (627x520, 100K)

>none of these are even asspuls.
Prove it

It literally did Germutt

>Asspulls
>"fortuitous coincidences"
More like things Oda deliberately setup beforehand and paid off in the end.

Those are not, let me list the correct ones.
>Brulee just appearing in mirror world during Luffy katakuri fight
>Pudding change of heart during her wedding
>Jinbei saving Luffy from the book and Sun Pirates are in WCI
>"I can see the future... Except when I cant.'" ~Katakuri
>"I am a paramecia... Except when I'm Logia... Except when I'm paramecia" ~Katakuri
>Zeus, extreme loyalty+has part of Linlin's soul, when other soul critter can't even defy Big mom's Vivre he betrayed her for a meal

Obvious bait, but I'm bored so I will humor you OP.
>Nami just happens to have BM's Vivre card
Helps save daughter of Big Mom and gets the card as thanks hundreds of chapters before it was actually needed. Didn't come out of nowhere.

>which happens to be literally the only one ever made
I don't recall that ever being stated and is very doubtful. Even if it was true, one of her own family members having their mom's card is in no way strange.

>so they don't get killed by homies
They were never in any serious danger of dying from the homies. The card was used as a way to control them. It didn't even prevent Big Mom from going after them or turned her into an ally like a lot of people were expecting.

>Nami just happens to have the ability to "make it rain" which is exactly what Luffy needed to soften Cracker's biscuit soldiers so he could eat them and win (Luffy happens to be a rubber boy the only thing that could allow enable him to eat that much)
Nami having weather powers has been her thing since forever. Didn't come out of nowhere. Complaining about Cracker's biscuits being weak to water is like complaining that Crocodile is weak to water or Luffy being immune to lightning or Moria's shadows being weak to salt. Luffy eating so much has many precedents and didn't come out of nowhere.

Attached: OP.png (858x1000, 955K)

cont.
Brook's powers has been shown to be able to manipulate souls well before WCI. Some fruits easily counter others and brute strength isn't the only variable in the equation. Shocking.

>the tamatobake box bomb just happens to fall down the side of the building and explode
The only somewhat valid thing you said, but once again the box was already foreshadowed since fishman island and we knew it was going to play a role in the wedding and explode at some point. It wouldn't have made any difference had big mom opened it herself and then exploded. You would still complain. I can mention plenty of retarded shit in the series I don't like but OP is obviously a fucking retard grasping at straws and is simply here to shitpost. Remember to sage.

>"I am a paramecia... Except when I'm Logia... Except when I'm paramecia" ~Katakuri

>However, there are some Paramecia who can change their own bodies, as well.
Pic related. Concept still existed at the time Volume 35, which was back in 2004.
Either Oda forgot it or just did a mistake when he introduced Katakuri as a Logia.
But his fruit behavior is not against Paramecia.

Attached: SBS35DevilFruits.png (1229x513, 158K)

It was always clear.
Zoan: animal, including mythical or extinct
Logia: natural element
Paramecia: EVERYTHING else

Let's take mochi.
Is it animal? -> No
Is it natural element? -> No
Is it everything else? -> Yes, then goes into Paramecia set.

>>Brulee just appearing in mirror world during Luffy katakuri fight
She was watching Big Mom destroying the island from a safe place.
Predicted by everyone. We all knew it was the reason she was hiding her third eye. Foreshadowed for everyone having half a brain.
We knew Jinbei was there, we knew he was an allie, we knew he was stronger than Opera. Nothign wrong with that and not an asspull at all. Are you even trying anymore?
So?
user already answered you.>Zeus, extreme loyalty+has part of Linlin's soul, when other soul critter can't even defy Big mom's Vivre he betrayed her for a meal
Part of Linlin's soul being controled by food is an asspull. What the fuck is wrong with you? Food is literally ruling Linlin's life. We know that since FI.

So, yeah. You are just a retard.

Almost like it's her place that she can easily enter at almost any time she's anywhere in Totland.
Someone has to like Sanji.
You gotta be fucking kidding me. You talk about setup beforehand when Jinbe being with Big Mom was clear as day. Of course he'd hear about Luffy breaking in and come running.
It seemingly requires concentration and a clear head. More so, it appears that using the "block armament" changed his capacity to utilize the foresight. Perhaps this is one of the limits of haki that Luffy has talked about.
No one will deny that Oda fucked up his introduction but it was made clear what he was afterwards. Logia can change their body (so Crocodile could turn into sand on a whim but wasn't always made of sand) while Katakuri is seemingly always made of mochi that he can manipulate. Luffy hitting the mochi extensions with haki did not appear to cause Katakuri any damage or pain. Only when he hit Katakuri's body proper did anything have effect. If he was a logia, that would be different.
>Zeus, extreme loyalty+has part of Linlin's soul, when other soul critter can't even defy Big mom's Vivre he betrayed her for a meal
Something made from Big Mom's soul can get carried away when it comes to food? Holy shit.

This arc has had alot of dumb shit but you're just being an unaware autist.

Attached: 1521651893059.png (500x585, 233K)

Brulee's power is literally what made the mirror world. Brulee going to her own world whenever she pleases isn't much of a stretch here user.

Her flashback pretty much tells us that she has been made fun of her third eye her entire life and here comes the first person to say it is beautiful. You may not like the explanation but it is what it is. Plus, she is a tsundere.

He is an ally of the strawhats and is defecting from the Big Mom pirates to join them.

So you are complaining that his power isn't perfect and omnipotent? Oda gave him future sight without it being overpowered. It is better this way. Everybody would be saying "hack" nonstop if he can perfectly predict the future.

Those two have their own personalities. Prometheus' gimmick is that he is a glutton. Linlin herself is a glutton so take that as you will. Prometheus and Zeus are different from the other homies as they were made from her very own soul.

>fortuitous coincidences
Might as well call everything in fiction that is good for the protagonists a fortuitous coincidence then.
Jesus christ OP, did you read what you wrote before posting it?

mostly everything you named has been previously established.

Do you know the meaning of set up literally hundreds of chapters in advance?

One piece is like when you played superheroes as a kid- whoever comes up with the most outrageous overpowered bullshit is the winner.

I mean, this entire series is carefully propped up on complete bullshit, are you new or something?

Attached: wake me up one piece.png (500x241, 123K)

Set up for us, the readers.
By the point of SH's view it was alla a coincidence.
Lola and her sentence about her mom wasn't in Nami's head until Pound started to speak about her. Then she draggaed out that Vivre Card and voila it turned out it's Big Mom's and came in handy. It was a coincidence for the SHs.

>what Happened to Oda after the Timeskip to make him produce such a shitty arcs?
too much studio / editors interference guy is expected to make his manga to be as long as possible.

>implying luck isn't a skill

And that makes it bad writing how?

>HOW DID LUFFY WIN VS KATAKURI?
youtube.com/watch?v=VfcW4_9Oumw
TLDW; Essentially Luffy's flaws make him better, but Katakuri's perfectionism brings him down