New Orphen anime announced for 2019

New Orphen anime announced for 2019

ssorphen.com/anime/index.html

Attached: DY8SxPhVAAEPW_Y.jpg (1200x630, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pESDoWBYFCk
youtube.com/watch?v=c8UMAzWmy6E
manga.tokyo/news/slayers-to-get-novel-sequel/
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-02-19/fan-criticizes-hakyu-hoshin-engi-anime-starts-petition-asking-for-staff-explanation/.127892
youtube.com/watch?v=XhgU4ndnCcs
youtube.com/watch?v=cGyqLicTBmI
a.doko.moe/pxxmgm.flac
youtube.com/watch?v=r98LWKUbefc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who cares

Orphen was my shit when I was a kid but everybody fucking hates it.

Cool beans, but why now?

What fucking year is it?

Even as a kid I found it boring for some reason.

I'm impressed by the longevity of this mediocre IP.

>Cool beans, but why now?
>What fucking year is it?
It's called Recession, anons.

Basically, when times are good and money is easy, the most profitable anime are brand new adaptations or original works. Risky, but higher profits. No one want to waste money on sequels because sequels make less money on average.

But in lean times, when risk is bad, sponsors go back to the old catalogue and look for old IPs that had a proven record and has an existing fanbase. The IP makes less money, but it earns the money more reliably. This is the only reason Dragonball Super, Sailor Moon new anime, and new Card Captor Sakura anime are made.

Why? Did anyone even like this?

Attached: why etc.png (371x239, 23K)

back to 1998.....

Oh fuck I'm hype.
youtube.com/watch?v=pESDoWBYFCk

That OP is so 90s
We probably won't get anything like it

>Why? Did anyone even like this?
The issue is that I enjoyed the anime, but novel readers hated it because it had nothing to do with the source material. Who know, it might be a case of FMA: Brotherhood. That the fanbase would split between people who liked the inauthentic 1st seaason, and those who prefer the much more authentic reboot.

Hell yeah, Orphen is back bitches!

This and the Revenge OP are the best.

Depends on the season.
First season was cool, second season was shitty.

I re watched it a few years ago, it was pretty shit so I guess its either nostalgia or the latino dub.

>this fucking decade
What's next? GS Mikami full adaptation? Ranma 1/2 continuation? Oh my Goddess final season? Another Slayers season of the last novels?

Attached: why_tamamo.jpg (288x450, 98K)

>First season was cool, second season was shitty.
Well, the two seasons are unrelated to each other. Sadly it is more likely the new anime would be related to the 2nd season just because the 1st season is self-contained.

Why aren't they giving us the final season of Haruhi or more Spice and Wolf?

Because Japan hates you, that's why

Or more Horizon in the middle of nowhere.
Or more Log Horizon.

>GS Mikami full adaptation
>Mikami's seiyuu is ded

You did this on purpose didn't you?

Attached: hid the pain.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

Holy shit WHAT

I fucking do, Orphen Season 1 is fucking fun as hell, I need something to erase the stentch of Revenge from history. Even if this ends up being terrible it cannot be as bad as Revenge.

Attached: 1512986395203.jpg (837x600, 165K)

Orphen's latin dub does sounds cool as fuck.
What the hell? Is this because i'm not used to the lenguage or it is really good?

Its one of the best latin dubs IMO, even the OP sound as good as the original ones.

Both of S1's OPs were god-tier

Surprised to see hate for the show in here, I don't really know what people would complain about except maybe the whack-ass ending. One of my favorite shows and easily one of the best dub scripts

>Oprhen
Holy shit. Loved it.

Its not hait, just meh.
I mean I dont hate it and still hold dem precious memories of muh childhood.

Also, since we're apparently in the remake era, full Eatman manga adaptation when?

Attached: 0eatmanreview.jpg (550x444, 28K)

I think people who don't like it just made the easy mistake of watching it subbed

>motherfucking Orphen is back
FUCKING HELL YES! I loved that anime. Even if it's almost impossible, maybe one day they'll finally adapt Slayers vs Orphen

Attached: that's a nice family reunion you have there.png (721x540, 414K)

>maybe one day they'll finally adapt Slayers vs Orphen
Please god hear my prayer

Boy crazy
Regular crazy
Bitch
Genetically male

Take your pick

Attached: __azalie_cait_sith_cleo_everlastin_mariabella_everlastin_and_stephanie_majutsushi_orphen__56cc467d51 (1882x1238, 429K)

Should J-Novel Club license the light novels?

Someone was fantranslating the first one years ago but I literally don't think he ever got farther than like one chapter. I'd love to read them.

Do it

The first season was actually pretty good, somehow similar to slayers, the second season was pretty boring with the exception of of the final battle between orphen and mc gregor vs Erukarena

Attached: Erukarena (Majutsushi Orphen).jpg (500x706, 71K)

Wow. This came out of nowhere. I don't dislike it, but...just why? It's so dead.

She is my favorite, and you can see how the animators from that time went a extra mile to make her even more pretty.

Attached: Cleo orphen.jpg (480x360, 25K)

Hold the fuck up, wasn't there an announcement last year about a new Saber Marionette J project? Did anything came from that?

Even if sequels sells better then the previous season their is no guarantee of them continuing it. It's sad it takes for the economy to go to shit for companies to say, hey maybe we should go back and animate the rest of the series of a show that was selling very well.

Fuck yea! Orphen!

Yes!
YES
YES!
FUCKING YES!!

Reminder that the Orphen game for PS2 was GOAT and absolute Kino tier

Watched first season as an underage around when it aired and then waited 15 years or so to watch the s2 from my backlog. I don't need S3, just give me back the time I dropped on S2 since it was boring. garbage.

FUCK.

AIIII JUST ON MY LOVE

youtube.com/watch?v=c8UMAzWmy6E

It's nice to see such a classic making a comeback. If only we could get more Burn-Up W.

I will suck Netflix sponsored cock for Spice & Wolf 3, no homo.

Rest area in a waterfall canyon is memorable for me, this and Sky Odyssey for some reason the PS2 really liked to show off interesting locations.

What the fuck is it with Japan and digging out their old franchises?
Is isekai bubble gonna burst soon just like battle harems one did?

Battle harems were the shit, though.

Orphen Revenge was season two right?
Definitely worse than season one but I liked the fight scenes.
Especially since I watched it in Spanish not native spanish speaker btw

You could argue that both can have some good series, it is just that they flood us with too much of this shit in some period of time which makes even most bland horseshit getting an adaptation because of the genre popularity.

>gold digging hoe
NO thanks her sister is infinitely better.

thank you, japan.

Attached: 1520268955733.jpg (342x325, 19K)

>What the fuck is it with Japan and digging out their old franchises?
See

I can't wait for more Slayers anime.

>I can't wait for more Slayers anime.
Well, a new novel is coming out this year. So maybe?
manga.tokyo/news/slayers-to-get-novel-sequel/

I just hope it's not a shitty remake like the new Houshin Engi.

Attached: 1516171936854.png (590x749, 654K)

I just recently saw that Hoshin got a anime
Is it really that bad?

Yeah. It's so rushed, they were doing one volume per episode. Even Japanese fans complained:
>animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-02-19/fan-criticizes-hakyu-hoshin-engi-anime-starts-petition-asking-for-staff-explanation/.127892

>The petition is asking for people who are sincerely interested in making a good adaptation to work on the anime. In addition, the petition calls for staff to halt production after the first cour (quarter year), remove the source of the problems, and then restart production with a second cour.

>One volume per episode
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!
I saw that it was a 12 episode season, but, I was kinda hoping they would just do more season and respect more the source material
But holy fucking shit, 1 volume per episode?!
What the fuck?

Attached: 56814916_p26.jpg (480x655, 98K)

That sounds even more rushed than Grancrest Senki.

No fucking way.

I care. Orphan was the shit. Goddamn all they need to do now is bust out a new Ruin Explorers anime and Im set for life.

Attached: Orphen_-_24_(AE1E9339).mkv_snapshot_06.13_[2015.09.25_04.28.59].jpg (640x480, 23K)

remember there was a PS2 game?

youtube.com/watch?v=XhgU4ndnCcs

Watch it and see whether you can keep up, pacing is messed up.

Fun fact. The Lodoss anime? Had to actually make shit up to fill it's run time and took roughly 7 episodes to cover one volume. That whole dungeon crawl in episode one? That's like a single paragraph in the book. Still it's a pretty fun read. I hope they do the rest soon.

Attached: Lodoss-tou Senki - Record of Lodoss War - 01 [BD.720p] [Iznjie Biznjie] [35F419F9].mkv_snapshot_06.4 (956x720, 125K)

boogiepop is better.
youtube.com/watch?v=cGyqLicTBmI

I hate this timeline, i really do. All those remakes and continuations of old series make me sick. Fuck japan, make a proper anime, don't milk old stuff in hope someone still cares. What is gone is gone.

Attached: 361541461.png (1000x720, 834K)

FUCK YES I LOVE ORPHEN

Now only if someone translated all the LNs

Attached: 1381346950095.jpg (590x700, 138K)

I'm still waiting.
In my 9 years on Sup Forums, I have never once seen anyone ever mention the manga, it was the first series I ever owned and collected, and I still think it's one of the best and will wait for the ending until the day I die.

Attached: orphen-1646113.jpg (699x745, 232K)

It's fucking weird that Orphen was a launch game in the US.

At least it was better than fucking Evergrace

I still have it. Great game for its time too.

>Now only if someone translated all the LNs

I wonder if this will be an adaptation of those?

I haven't even finished the first two seasons.

Attached: (B-A)Orphen_-_08_(152C2AFB).mkv_snapshot_16.02_[2016.04.03_16.09.09].jpg (640x480, 106K)

Why? Season 1 was good but the rest was the worst kind of dogshit, also they will do a Kino no Tabi with the art and animation too fuck them.

I still have the official Orphen and Slayers crossover LN somewhere around here.

On another note, who names their kids Edge, Ratchett and Ratsbane? Fucking Ratsbane. Orphen and Cleo need help.

a.doko.moe/pxxmgm.flac

Attached: Majutsushi Orphen NCED1.webm (638x480, 525K)

Wow.

Attached: (B-A)Orphen_-_09_(98C5FBA9).mkv_snapshot_07.25_[2014.06.18_10.19.37].jpg (640x480, 32K)

Wakey Wakey Faggot

Attached: Morning Wakeup.png (863x1272, 388K)

Cool, I liked it a lot.

>Official Cleo ranking
manga Cleo > season 1 Cleo >>> Revenge Cleo

I tried Orphen, but only made it through two thirds of the first season. Orphen himself was alright, but I found his supporting cast insufferable, especially the two midgets who pretty much exist to cause nearly every single problem in the show.

Everybody surrounding Orphen seemed to just be dragging him down and never contributed anything.

Attached: (B-A)Orphen_-_09_(98C5FBA9).mkv_snapshot_12.53_[2016.02.14_03.13.51].jpg (640x480, 33K)

Regarding the new anime, Akita commented that people might wonder why an anime is being produced now, but he remarked that things just turned out that way. He also noted that no one is more nervous than him about revisiting a work over two decades old. He jokingly described his original work as something written by a "young idiot," but that people with actual skill will work on the anime. Original novel illustrator Yuuya Kusaka similarly said that when the editor of the novels contacted him, he also asked "Why again? And why now?"

Even they seem to be confused over this revival.

Remember this episode?

Attached: (B-A)Orphen_-_10_(80556F51).mkv_snapshot_20.29_[2016.04.03_18.27.51].jpg (640x480, 129K)

The dub outtakes where great.

>Everybody surrounding Orphen seemed to just be dragging him down and never contributed anything.
His is this one genius wizard and his team are retarded kids from the boonies. What did you expect?

youtube.com/watch?v=r98LWKUbefc

You will never be invited to cape day

I could put up with them being useless if they weren't also really annoying and not interesting at all.

>if one wasn't a bitch
At least she's cute.

You should try the manga, it strikes the perfect balance between the serious novels and the joke ones.

Attached: Orphen-01-148.png (750x1100, 68K)

That's a pretty remarkable series of events that are taking place over in nip land for things to just "turn out that way"

maybe they're just checking to see how plausible it is to revive an old series if all the original creators are still around and active.

Attached: Orphen-03-026.png (739x1100, 262K)

Oh fuck, I totally forgot about Evergrace. Damn that was bad.

Your supposed to hate them, that's the whole point.

Attached: Orphen-04-019+20.png (1540x1100, 335K)

>I want a proper anime that isn't 12 episode bullshit
>but don't bring old stuff back, I'm sick of continuations

I fucking wish, it seems they go as far as adult Orphen adventures

Attached: 07fe57409b40a1574a3fb6b5ae7db253--anime-art-illustrations.jpg (736x1051, 139K)