Spirit Circle Manga Author gets a new anime series

It's not Spirit Circle or Biscuit Hammer, but he finally got something rolling. Can we expect more if this does well enough?
twitter.com/nekogaeru/status/977078892237238272

Attached: DY9G4zFVMAAOEnU.png (501x700, 550K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3vlwdP99g7U
planet-with.com/
boards.fireden.net/a/thread/169496718/
myanimelist.net/manga/112166/Hourou_Sekai
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Biscuitfags eternally BTFO

Anime original with him doing character design?

Director: Youhei Suzuki
Script: Satoshi Mizukami
Design: Kazunori Iwakura
Music: Kouhei Tanaka
Studio: J.C.Staff

-Cast
Atsushi Abe
Sayaka Harada
Shiori Izawa
Saori Gotou
Yuuichirou Umehara
Hitomi Owada
Mai Fuchigami
Shinsuke Sugawara
Shizuka Ishigami

Summer 2018

Airing this Summer.
First PV:
youtube.com/watch?v=3vlwdP99g7U

Wonder if it's stand alone or part of the greater connected Mizukamiverse that Spirit Circle hinted at?

He drew up a 1000+ page rough draft as the basis for it, it's an actual original show by Mizukami.

>dude storyboards lmao
What a shitty PV

Gainax Biscuit Hammer with Pillows soundtrack is just around the corner.

>Gainax
Not Fukushima Gainax?

Honestly, shots of him alone handdrawing storyboards got me the most excited

Looks like we'll also get the manga series in April.

Attached: 03漫画ビジュアル.png (702x496, 1.01M)

I'm excited

Attached: 1498949269756.jpg (464x463, 61K)

What's the big deal?

Poster art dosn't excite me, but i've learned better with this author. I'm hyped.

Mizukami writes decent stories, his endings are always somewhat satisfying, which is rare for a serialized mangaka.

Hopefully it will be better than this. Didn't really like his latest work, not to mention it got cancelled anyway.

Attached: satoshimizukami.jpg (400x288, 56K)

i just hope shits i visit stop mentioning his name instead of actually enjoying the series for what it is and not write a 10 page paragraph detailing how deep and thoughtful it is. loved sc and biscuit hammer.

the good part about the mangaka is that even if the start is shit or bad everything in the end wraps up together and starts making sense. ofc a shit which didn't even get 10 chapters felt bad from an author who excels at writing good endings

This.

on one hand i'm excited for Mizukami to get more recognition on the other hand animeonlyfags would probably ruin his Mizukami's fanbase since he has a pretty chill one. remembering jojo gives me shivers

Did not really like spirit circle's ending all that much, the story itself was stronger and more interesting

>animeonlyfags
I don't think so many people will watch this anyway.

>8 years ago jojo fans were elitist and autistic
>now they're just autistic

I don't see what was ruined

It has robots so it'll probably be active on /m/

even with elitism they didn't spam this board with shitty memes that much back then, mizukami threads are pretty comfy.

The contagion spread is the main issue. Even if the same percentage were obnoxious in 2010 you could avoid them easily enough, but now they infiltrate anything they possibly can in order to bring up JoJo references.

anime that doesn't have 100 cliche's in it get popular really fast and some mangafags will shill mizukami being the greatest mangaka ever so it will probably be popular.

It was not cancelled, retard. It was intended to be one volume long.

Mizukami Satoshi is one of the best manga artists out there and has been for a while. He's written classics like Biscuit Hammer and Spirit Circle but has never had an anime before, so this is pretty exciting news.

You right, this will probably get like Boku dake ga Inai Machi level popularity.

Hopefully it's good enough for at least one of these to get picked up

Attached: Mizukami Satoshi.jpg (2513x1200, 780K)

Attached: 1521789100215.jpg (1920x1080, 434K)

Honestly, Biscuit was not that good, I don't know why many of you sperg over it. Spirit Circle was much better but it still fell flat at the end, it's an interesting story but nowhere near the masterpiece you make it out to be.

what's so bad about spirit circle's ending? spirit circle made clear that it wasn't going to have a final epic showdown.

>Ponytail + pantsuit
Best

It did have the final epic showdown though.

meant a long heated battle of epicness.

Oh shit

Attached: 1290139355228.jpg (810x810, 159K)

It will also get a manga
No clear stated date but I assume this is what Mizukami was talking about when he said he will start a new serialization at the end of April.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-23-17-53-55.png (1440x846, 223K)

nice!

>2018 Sup Forums

>1000 pages rough draft
Holy shit, thats basically a whole fucking manga right there.
>pv is just the storyboards he made
Ha, i like the "rawness" of it, the designs are decent even if i dont care for the mc itself much but ok, i think this might be pretty go-
>last shot is the mecha but in 3d
Oh no, please god no.

Sup Forumsdegenerate pls

>Oh no, please god no.
Better 3D than glorious "quality" 2D TV mechs like in Franxx

>>last shot is the mecha but in 3d
>Oh no, please god no.
planet-with.com/
Bottom page. Seems like that 3d render is for the mech figurine.

holy shit I think that site gave me epilepsy, I'll save anons some scrolling

Attached: figure-img.jpg (473x473, 37K)

I think it will go biscuit hammer route and all of them are pilots.

You can already see their cast on the site so they are major characters.

including the ones in the op pic? that's a lotta robots

>tfw most of them look straight out of spirit circle and samidare

I'm happy for Mizukami. Seems like this is a big passion project too, can't wait.

Attached: wonderful.jpg (305x199, 30K)

Was really hoping for spirit circle or samidare like most people but I hope this turns out at least decent. Would be such a shame if his first anime tanked.

FUCKING WHAT

>The first Mizukami Anime is an original

Fuck it. I'm in.
Also, this doesn't happen often doesn't it? A Mangaka spearheading an anime project?

Attached: DYNrj7vVAAA1Ohm.jpg:large.jpg (744x1052, 55K)

Attached: DYN_bkAV4AEwUoq.jpg:large.jpg (744x1052, 85K)

Attached: DYTGB9GVAAAM-74.jpg:large.jpg (744x1052, 60K)

Attached: DYa3YJ6UQAE-XOp.jpg:large.jpg (744x1052, 42K)

Attached: 10 years before.png (822x370, 336K)

Attached: DYf81qZVoAElyhm.jpg (744x1052, 52K)

Attached: DYjmDvuU8AAWksN.jpg (744x1052, 65K)

Attached: DYqLQwWU0AAkb_5.jpg (744x1052, 51K)

Attached: DYszzvcVQAU-Wu5.jpg (744x1052, 70K)

Attached: DY0YjW1U0AA3iaU.jpg (744x1052, 48K)

Attached: DY3kgI-VQAE4MsH.jpg (744x1052, 49K)

Attached: DY9Hb_oV4AAPMnI.jpg (744x1052, 40K)

First thing I wondered myself.

Attached: DY9HgvtVwAInXr0.jpg (744x1052, 55K)

Based

Attached: 1500689673987.png (563x682, 279K)

Mizukami's experience with mechas paying off.

Attached: 019.jpg (983x1400, 562K)

Mizukami has made some pretty good manga. It's not like it was a one time thing either, he's put out several decent stories back to back.

For those of you who missed the TL thread for his oneshot:

boards.fireden.net/a/thread/169496718/

He'll find some way to connect it. We can pretty much assume already that Wind will yet again roll a THAT GUY character sheet and cause the main conflict.

Attached: rakugaki-100906-o.jpg (593x767, 127K)

Oh, absolutely missed that, thank you user!

>Going by his tweets he's probably going for serializations that'll work better for anime

Heh.
I guess he just went straight for it huh.

Attached: smug_EMIYA.jpg (125x119, 2K)

thanks!

Since this is shaping up to be a mecha, I'm assuming that this is near the Biscuit Hammer (Future) and Psycho Staff permutation of the universe/cosmic tabletop game session.

Is this all done yet?
myanimelist.net/manga/112166/Hourou_Sekai

It's just the first oneshot.

What didn't you like about Biscuit Hammer? I personally agree that Spirit Circle was better but still think BH was great. I'm honestly just curious.

The other 2 are done. Guess we are missing 4 and 5.

If google translator is to be trusted, Mizukami's comment in the website says he's been working on this for 4 years.

>Fuuta
>Nono
>Sami
>Tetsuma
>Daiki
>Kouko
>Akane

You gotta love how campy Mizukami is.
I look at these characters and I just figure them out right away and I can just tell they are all great.

Oh shit, I didn't realize it was airing this Summer.
I just hope we get the DanMachi JC Staff and not the UQ Holder JC Staff in terms of quality though.
They do have another show for Summer but that one feels like it'll get the short end of the stick.

Attached: 1430136308097.png (565x552, 28K)

Finally, if things go well, they will animate spirit circle and then biscuit hammer.

Attached: 1480310889252.jpg (400x360, 38K)

as a bicuitfag , im so happy he is finaly geting some recognition he deserves

Thanks for oneshot. I enjoyed it very much. Oneechan and Ice don't deserve such suffering

Mate, I'm just happy for the guy. Why wouldn't any fan of his be?
It's been his dream for the longest time.

I want this to do well, I honestly do but
>anime original
>mecha
I don't see either if these things causing a major sales breakthrough, and that saddens me. I hoped this succeeds like no other show in recent years.

>A Fucking orphen anime
>Mizukami actually finally gets his own anime and it's an original one with a fuckton of effort involved from what it looks like
What the shit did you do today Sup Forums, it's not my birthday but it almost feels like it, God damn.

>Script and Character Design by Mizukami himself
aw shit son
>OST by Kouhei Tanaka
aw shit SON
>it's mecha
AW SHIT SON

Attached: 1519389862573.png (847x296, 434K)

Spirit Circle really put the guy's sameface syndrome in regards to his art into perspective.

The reason that his characters look the same is either that they are reincarnations of people from his other works, or they are the same stock archetypes that a bunch of bored gods play with in a cosmic tabletop game session.

Either way, appearances withstanding, his stories are always a real treat to go through.

>look up Kouhei Tanaka
>OST for gunbuster and gaogaigar
i cant think of anyone better for a mizukami mecha anime, he loves to use the good old cliches and hotblood stuff and they go perfect with mecha

Sengoku Youko next pls

Jesus christ this is wonderful.

Yesterday i was talking with some friends about how 2018 had unexpected announcements like City Hunter, Boogiepop and Vinland Saga and how unfair it was that no Mizukami Satoshi manga was ever made into anime. I'm glad this is a thing and also an original! 2018 really is the best.

Attached: sweating.png (570x500, 130K)

Oh shit, guess I better finish working on all the oneshots before this airs so I can get started on doing the manga tragically late. Wish I had tank scans for the third volume, mine are a little scattershot and I don't have the commentary or covers etc :/

Fucking rad either way, hope this show has legs

This guys fans are already annoying as shit. This will just bring in a bunch of secondaries and make them even more obnoxious.

>Mizukami Satoshi is one of the best manga artists out there and has been for a while. He's written classics like Biscuit Hammer and Spirit Circle
When plebs go too far.