Ito Junji Collection

They really did it. They animated my favorite Junji Ito story in the last episode.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Ito Junji Collection - 12 [720p].mkv_snapshot_02.44.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

Is it the one about honey?

>Shaggy in a horror anime
makes sense

>Animated

Yes

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Ito Junji Collection - 12 [720p].mkv_snapshot_09.44.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

The nectar one spooked me. I don't get how they could avoid getting noticed by the omnipresent 4th dimensional tree.

Too bad the adaptions are soulless trash, ruining some of Itos finest masterpieces.

As an animeonlyfag I enjoyed it overall, Some episodes were hit and miss but it was pretty enjoyable, I think Souchi is hilarious and wished we got more of him, Oil drinkers best/spookiest episode.

I'll miss that fucking 10/10 ED though.

Attached: 1515772841168.jpg (1280x720, 212K)

>animeonly

Then you won't know that the anime went FULL ITO and left the ending of one of the 'arcs' out at the very end.

Souichi and the model are married in later shorts.

Is Fuchi a hachishaku?

Attached: P208_209.jpg (1280x938, 227K)

Weren't these Souichi's dream sequence?

Who wants to bet ANN won't notice the moskito metaphor?

>last episode
Dropped.

It happens once in a dream where Souichi dies in the end, but then the other time Souichi doesn't die in that version of the events and it's never shown to be a dream.

What the fuck.

Attached: 1520694770108.png (492x463, 214K)

been catching up with the series, just watched episode 9 and 10. I didn't really understand what happened with the bridge. Can someone give me their interpretation?

They should've done Rumors in like episode 7 or 8 and ended this episode with Secret of the Haunted Mansion imo.

No hanging balloons even in last ep. Disappointing.

I wonder if the natives knew a way to avoid it and the guy just didn't ask how.

Who would win in a deathmatch, Tomie or planet Remina?

Horror movies don't faze me, but this guy does for some reason. Why is this ?

Attached: 1519177729832.gif (256x256, 352K)

just finished episode 12 and loved the crossover, that was great

Why can't I find episode 7 uncensored anywhere?

This anime was embarrassingly bad. Most Junji Ito stories don't translate well to anime, and the few that do were still ruined by bad adaptation choices. What should have been horrifying moments like the guy from Long Dreams and the zits scene were ruined by the terrible animation.
I feel like the only story that was well adapted was the afterimages one.

I dunno, thought this was a pretty fun ride.

Most of them were disappointing, but I couldn't stop laughing during this entire episode.

This was bad, even by DEEN standards.

Show itself was meh, but I still love the OP and ED.

AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAIOU

I can't believe Souichi is fucking dead

Attached: 2018-03-23.png (1366x768, 1.48M)

They should have just done a Souichi's Spooky Slice of Life series.

He isn't

i feel physically ill after watching that horrible """animation""" , how can someone be so bad at animating in Japan of all places?

>how can someone be so bad at animating in Japan of all places?
This is now what is acceptable animation for anime adaptations of beloved series.

Well, goodbye Ito Junji Collection. You werent very good, but you tried.

I'd bet on remina here actually

OVA when?

seems pretty dang dead to me

Attached: I can't believe souchi is fucking dead.png (1280x720, 1.2M)

I can't believe that twas ok

Souichi marries the model and has a child with herbut that ends up being a dream

Attached: souichi.jpg (970x1400, 434K)

BOING

Which was better? This anime series, the live actions, or the Gyo movie, Sup Forums?

The anime OVA.

A couple of the live action Tomie movies > A couple episodes of this > Gyo > The shit Tomie movies > The shit episodes of this

I couldnt watch the grease episode. Was very unnerving. I dont know why this show gets so much hate, the limited animation almost makes it mote uncanny and creepy.

I'm glad we got to see our boy Souichi one last time at the end

So we are still going to get 2 more episodes one in April and the other on May right?

Gyo adaptation is perfect.

What movies would you recommend? I watched the Uzumaki one. It was Japanese-tier bad.

Unironically this.

Where can I read the second version? I've only seen the first.

>Souichi's /ss/ adventure got adapted
Based. 10/10. Would watch again. AOTY.

What the fuck was that tree ?

Both stories are a follow-up, he waks up from the dream in the last one.

Souichi banged a famous fashion model and you fags can't even get a girl to talk to you for 2 minutes

I don't know why so many people are shitting over it.

It's good enough to introduce newfags to his works. Once they see the manga they'll be even more creeped out and horrified.

>>etc

It's easy to say that it's not as shocking when you've already read the manga. Nothing is as good the second time around as it was the first time you experienced it. And yes the art style obviously isn't as spine-tingling as his pain-painstakingly hard-drawn detailed manga.

The only purpose of the anime is to expose more people to his works. That's all it is.

>DEEN
>trying
pick one

There's always Season 2...

Did souichi catch the Long Dreams disease?

because nothing says junji ito like a rapey tree-octopus and steamy treesomes. they hentai'd it up and ruined it in the process. sex and junji don't mix.

>He thinks there's going to be a season 2 after this garbage adaptation

Attached: 1503004136940.png (235x171, 82K)

After this I don't think I want more.

I was going to finish some other stuff first but I can reschedule for this.

I pray that Studio DEEN never gets the rights to anything I care about again

Attached: 1515873686433.png (633x480, 448K)

In a world where BERSERK can get a second season anything is possible. It must be so cheap to produce and the streaming services are always thirsty for content. The only thing that would really rule out a continuation would be a expensive show that nobody watched. this was a dirt-cheap show that some folks watched and which produced some decent memes. It stands a chance.

Attached: out.webm (136x326, 83K)

A metaphor for addiction. You can't escape it and it will kill you.

The scariest monster in the entire show desu

Hold on, how come they didn't adapt everything depicted here?

Attached: itokeyvisual.jpg (640x875, 247K)

ran out of money probably

>story starts with a guy smashing a mosquito because the mosquito is sucking his blood
>he noticed the mosquito

>people steal nectar from a tree
>you get smashed by the tree if the tree notices you

Really makes you think

Attached: 1515527917978.jpg (400x400, 44K)

Probably too difficult to animate/couldn't get the rights for them/ran out of money

What a shame, this was the only chance for Ito and they blew it hard.

There is still the OVA coming

Only if it isn't done by DEEN.
I'd honestly take Shaft over DEEN

You just killed the whole episode for me thanks.

?

Well it's not a creepy god anymore in my mind. It was way cooler before now it just feels like I watched one of those propaganda cartoons about drugs.

YOU TRIGGERED AN INNOCENT user APOLOGIZE!

It may not have been very scary, but it was fun as a comedy just like some of Junji Ito's stories.

Attached: dragon ball super.png (1920x1080, 1.16M)

That one was never meant to be scary.

I know.

Esto es el fin, Shibayama

THIS IS THE END
THIS IS THE END
YOU'RE NOT ARONE IN THIS MY FRIEND

The most important part, for those wondering: No hanging balloons. You can skip this anime.

Attached: 1347752042229.gif (496x368, 189K)

NOOOOO JUNJITO SAMA SAVE ME PLEEEEASEEEEEEEEEEEE
NOOOOOOOOOOOO

That story was shit though.

Did they ever animate "A Shit to Remember"?

No

I see, thanks.

>No hanging balloons.
>No pillar of the house
>But a fucking random piece of Tomie, as in lacking of context to further enhance the abhorrent nature of Tomie.
>3 fucking stories with the weird nails guy.

Whoever got to choose the stories being adapted, should be fired.

>Inb4: souichi best boy, yadda, yadda, reddit something, bla, bla, bla.

Outside of Sup Forums, haven't heard of anyone liking Souichi and his stories at all. And given Sup Forums is full of contrarian edgelords...

>moshi moshi, bait desu

Nothing to do with contrarianism. People are allowed to have different opinions here, unlike other places where anything against the grain is shut down or downvoted by the majority. That said, not many people here actually like this anime, so your shitty little theory doesn't hold water.

Yikes, Scoob!

I think you didn't get my point. I'm not saying this adaptation was good, or that the majority of Sup Forums enjoy or defend it.

What I'm saying is that picking so many stories focused on Souichi was a mistake, because near to nobody like them, neither the character or the stories. And yeah, 3 out of 24 stories is too much, considering how many good stories could have adapted over any of him. Again: hanging balloons, pillar of the house, the one with the headless sculptures and so on. Why souichi got so much attention over any of these? I don't know. But popularity wasn't one of those reasons.

As I said, the only place where I have seen people claiming to enjoy or like him is here, on Sup Forums. But Sup Forums is gonna to be Sup Forums, so I can't tell for sure how many genuinely like him, and how many claim it to be contrarians.

Pillar can still easily be one of the 2 minute ending stories.

One of the top 5 anime this season IMO, only this and Killing Bites had me watching as soon as it was out.

Aaaah that took a long time for me to get.

>Remina constantly consumes all things and makes them part of itself
>Tomie constantly replicates
>Remina devours Tomie and Tomie spreads like a disease throughout Remina

Planet Tomie

Attached: Despair.png (201x160, 34K)

if it wasn't watching this with Sup Forums i would have hated it. But being able to come to a thread and bitch about it after made it an overall enjoyable experiance and something i looked forward to each week.

I thought it was alright overall. Not horrible, but not great either.