[Netflix] Sword Gai

[Netflix] Sword Gai

Another generic B grade Netflix anime.

Attached: sword gai.jpg (852x1200, 223K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/M8ot2jKF-yk
youtube.com/watch?v=9bTxIJ4UEQw
youtube.com/watch?v=pvkriLuyFdw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So a step up?

>Cliffhanger ending
S2 when?

Has anybody finished this already? Still loading.

>We want the fujo audience

It's a worse version of Jojo. Basically if you remove Jojo from the plot and everything was happening to everyone else.

Attached: 1520787771539.jpg (720x450, 164K)

I had no idea this was even coming out.

Honestly this seems to me more as they want the grown-up toku audience.

I mean, it's Toshiki throw-em-into-the-river Inoue and Keita Amemiya. What else would you expect.

Attached: [Refrain] Sword Gai The Animation - 01 VF VOSTFR [720p].mkv_00_19_32.128.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

Well, at least the Swordgai website does have an English page. So now we can understand some of the things the show has.

Surely you jest.

I think this was an older anime that got recently picked up by Netflix to finish it or something. I remember hearing about it years ago.

Read the manga.

It was supposed to be released in 2016 and got indefinitely delayed, looking at pretty rough animation here and there I can kinda see why.

So that's why the trailer reminded me so much of Garo, althought this one looks on par with Guren no Tsuki

It's certainly better than Guren no Tsuki, but that's not much of an achievement.

I hope the GnT movie looks better than the series did... The teasers seem decent, and they got Kobayashi Yasuko to write it, too.

It's a solid 7.5/10.

>I have shit taste
Yup, sounds right to me

desu I was pleasantly surprised after devilman but all netflux anime that came after is fucking shit

The story is all over the place they introduce so many characters while only like 4 of them matter at all open ridiculous amount of plots while not even trying to follow any of them.

Also the white haired kid introduced in 3rd to last episode seemed like a very important character but server LITERALLY NO PURPOSE AT ALL, NONE, 0, NOTHING.

its fucking trash

Well fuck I thought this was original like B and AICO or at least concluded like Devilman. Fuck this shit.

this is what you baka gaijin want, right?

So is there any reason to watch it when it ends somewhere in the middle?
B at least finished the main plot. The hint at the end can be the beginning of a second season but even if there is one you don't need to watch it since s1 is already a full and concluded story.

I think this was originally planned as full CG anime since DLE is a CG animation studio and Production I.G wasn't mentioned in the original press-release.

What the fuck are you even trying to do this time.

This is the man who did so many good toku seasons (and then a fair amount of bad ones too), but I just don't see how this tropefest is supposed to make any sense whatsoever. I blame Decade.

Attached: Toshiki_Inoue.jpg (197x223, 47K)

Sure, do. I love Garo
In fact I should just be watching that instead

Maybe they can just do S2 like what's happening with Kakegurui.

>thinking there will be a s2
>wanting a s2
Fuck you

Attached: 1520606980439.jpg (640x480, 29K)

Yeah, go look at the original CG PV from before it got shelved for a couple years. It looked terrible.
youtu.be/M8ot2jKF-yk

>Sword Guy

sword gay

They look hot

>Same director with Shinkalion
Thinking.jpg

I managed to get through five episodes and I don't even know what to think. I expected an Inoue trainwreck, but I got a complete mess. MC is irrelevant so far, new characters all of the time, too many random events happening, basically no main plot so far, a lot of the things make literally zero sense even in a show about swords infesting people to become armored blood-thirsty monsters.

At least Amemiya's designs are great.

Going by JP wiki, some characters are anime-originals.

how this on a scale from AICO to Crybaby?

It's somehow shittier than B.

AICO < this < B < crybaby?

More like sword gay, am I right?

Crybaby > AICO > B > this

AICO was moe

I definitely found a few things to like in that show, as much as I believe it should've been a two-hour movie instead.

Attached: [Ref_rain] A.I.C.O Incarnation - 05 VF VOSTFR [1080p].mkv_00_06_05.156.jpg (1920x1080, 310K)

And?

another netflix "original" down.

youtube.com/watch?v=9bTxIJ4UEQw

do we have hope for this fantasy idolshit?

It's not a Netflix exclusive in Japan, so it will air weekly as usual. I'm afraid it will be too edgy for its own good, though.

Well, it's the best looking of the bunch.
And it'll be released weekly like a normal series.

Attached: 1520611653204.png (500x332, 125K)

moeblob ruined anime
even if that's what Japan wants

>best-looking
>ugly CG dancing

>manimefags
At least you aren't wasting space in threads that matter

Attached: 1521758570411.png (467x364, 117K)

Moe saved anime

I meant in terms of overall quality.
But the CG is pretty bad, but I can forgive that if it's good
it probably won't be though

does this series end with a cliffhanger like B?

Man, this is a bad and boring show. I only watched this because Takahiro Ikezoe was listed as a chief director for this show (although chief directors only help the actual director in a senior supervisor function and don't really work on the show themselves that much).
The director himself, Tomohito Naka, really couldn't make this anime interesting at all. No good fights, no interesting compositions, no dialog worth mentioning.

No wonder Ikezoe didn't even mention anything at all about Sword Gai on his twitter account.

This is obviously a show that nobody enjoyed working on.

Looks like I can pass this one then.I dont feel like a lot of people will stomach average typical anime story in one sitting. I understand netflix wants to be independent from the big networks series and have its own series without licensing shit but taking in shit series to be binged seems retarded but hell, they have done the math for sure.

This show would have been bad and terrible under the standard weekly watching model anyway, user. In fact, it would be so bad, nobody would watch and talk about it by the second week. Although some people might be retarded enough to actually watch it anyway in the hopes of discovering some interesting scenes, because action shows ought to be at least good at that stuff, according to common wisdom.
Thanks to bingewatching, we can now all see that it's just utterly terrible, and that nobody ought to suffer through it.

Thank you Netflix, you saved anime

Attached: behold.png (855x479, 546K)

I have watched some dead, below average production quality and typical seasonal anime series weekly and find them enjoyable in the long run. But dumping the whole stuff at once is just going to get people nitpicking meter overload and rage watch. Honestly I looked forward to netflix licensed series for the OST quality, art and animation, and the staff that would be working on this, since the story will be like your usual seasonal shit (most of the time) just because NETFLIX MONEY.Releasing this on packed as fuck weekend didnt help too but thats just me.

I seriously doubt that you would be able to enjoy anything at this show.
It doesn't have QUALITY.
But it does have obvious and bad unfitting CGI. And it doesn't have any good action fights at all. It doesn't have a good soundtrack either.
You have lots of still images in this show. It's just overall subpar.

Niggas at netflix need to reconsider their purchase next time and not get jew'd easily by the nips dumping them stuff.

So far:

B >>>>> AICO >>>> devilman >>>> veg >> sword gay

>Netflix
>Having proper foresight for what they buy
Ha

Attached: 1520386380745.gif (300x225, 814K)

>Enjoying B
user...

I'd put them at devilman > whale kids/aico/veg > b . I might watch sword gay one or two episode just to sate my curiosity. I like the episodes pacing in devilman,disregarding the manga source.

Whales isn't a Netflix anime

It has something netflix at the credits though.Might be just for western distribution, which most of the other "netflix series" are too anyway, right?

There's absolutely nothing in this show that would be reminiscent of the directer of Show By Rock!!, Puri Puri Chi-chan and Shinkalion.
Whatever he did on Sword Gai, it definitely wasn't directing any parts of the show itself.

Please be a good Ar Tonelico show

It's true none of them are, but Whales especially isn't since it aired on TV that season.
Also, they put their obnoxious logo on everything.

If they put a logo on it, it primarily means that they have exclusive streaming rights for it.

Exactly.
Even by their stupid standards though that doesn't mean they had anything to do with it.

Netflix has two kinds of Originals. Ones that are 100% exclusive to Netflix, and ones that they are just the distributors of in certain countries. Devilman, B, AICO, and Sword Gay are the former. Whales and Kakegurui are the latter. You see BBC shows and shit like that get labeled as "Netflix Originals" in America just because they never aired on American television too.

I expected that answer and I kinda agree since I dont know much about what are their agreements but since like you say, "put their obnoxious logo everywhere", I'll keep the series with it in mind.
I see, now its a bit clear to me. Gay ass netflix "originals".

Was hyped for this until I saw that PV. Looks low budget af and that shitty 3DCG. Sasuga liden films

netflix + anime = _____
Is there any new netflix anime for March/April?

There's this
youtube.com/watch?v=pvkriLuyFdw

>April 20
Oh well, at least it'll be a full length Aggretsuko series.

Attached: aggressiveretsuko_h2a.png (225x292, 5K)

>3 people empty their guns into someone at point-blank range
>only hits were one scratch on the face and one knocking off his glasses
That was a fast drop.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1279x720, 151K)

Thats a new full length or they just distribute the current series? Its already subbed and its great.

QUALITY SHOW
Sasuga Netflix

The CG dancing is pretty awful, but then again, I'd probably have said the same of 0048 and that ended up being one of my favorite shows of all time, so whatever.

No, it's a full length version. As in, each episode is 20-25 minutes.

How can Netflix save anime by having no standards at alone? It's producing shit

Nice, a complete metal album from retsuko every episode.

The sad part is I can almost guarantee it's going to be better than most of the current Netflix shit

*at all

I hope you are wrong

See Truly Netflix is saving anime
Getting all the garbage so we don't have to suffer? That's a bold move Netflix, and I'm glad you're filling it.

Anime like B and Aico were made for Netflix. Sword Gai was meant for initial TV release, but for whatever reasons, it got postponed indefinitely, until Netflix, hungry for any kind of content, willingly bought it just so that they could have anime.

That minute long PV was better than all that time I wasted with Sword Gai
It's not a high bar to reach.

>hungry for any kind of content
They should buy Despera

Basically, Sword Gai was so bad that they did not want to air it on TV...I see

And B was shit too, and AICO was mediocre.
So far Devilman is the only series worth a damn, and that's only because it's Devilman, fucking that up would get you stoned on the street.

That's the Netflix business model in practice, it's a dump masquerading as something worthwhile.

So Netflix is the "don't worry we will publish your rejected work" model? Sad

Yes. That's why Netflix has tons of Dreamwork cartoon shows. Ultimately, Netflix needs to fill up the void that Disney's exit from their partnership will generate. So they're for now focusing on quantity, hoping that some of the works might actually be qualitatively good as well.
Depending on how many more disappointing garbage shows the nips produce though, there is a risk that Netflix will then simply do the same like Crunchyroll and become part of a normal production committee, instead of letting the anime studios free reign with their money.
That on the other hand would prove once and for all that the anime studios are just incompetent and really need to be put under the firm leashes of a bunch of producers telling them exactly what to include in the anime show, giving the anime studios only a minimum of freedom.

>They should buy Despera
If selling their souls to the Devil is the only way to get that anime to exist so be it