I wanna watch gundam ibo but do I need to watch the other gundam shows or are they separate things?

I wanna watch gundam ibo but do I need to watch the other gundam shows or are they separate things?

Attached: 4DCEF65F-EB2E-4576-859C-11D46E1AD92A.jpg (960x1440, 388K)

pretty much every Gundam that isnt Zeta or ZZ is self contained, also IBO sucks

IBO is a new AU, so it requires no prior knowledge of any other series.

It also helps to have no knowledge of military tactics and or creativity how weapons shown in the anime could be employed to maximum efficiency...

I liked the first season, honestly I would probably have stopped there if I knew how the second season would turn out.

RAISE YOUR FLAG

>I wanna watch gundam ibo
Please don't. Go watch literally anything else. Even SEED.

Attached: brightburger.png (333x333, 108K)

Gundam separated into 2: Universal century saga and Non universal century (free random stories).

What's so bad about ibo?

Just watch both seasons and make a thread on it

It's fairly recent.

flag status: raised.

IBO was shat upon because it was more Okada drama than giant robots going pew-pew. It had a few pretty sweet designs, though.

Attached: 1472439426175.jpg (984x844, 199K)

this

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Mobile Suit Gundam - Iron-Blooded Orphans - 32 [720p].mkv - 0002.jpg (1280x720, 140K)

It's okay as a mecha show, but by Gundam standards it's pretty bad

Forgot to mention this is my first mecha anime. If this is so bad, what do you guys reccomend I watch instead

Damn.. i loved season 1 I hadn't gotten around to season 2 yet but all I hear is bad. :/

Gurren Lagann would be a good first mecha series

It's not. SEED and Build Fighters TRY have set the bar so low anything can beat it. Season one was pretty weak but it was worth it for season 2. I recommend IBO.

Attached: 1350473292240.gif (853x480, 1.75M)

Giant Robo

Season 2 was much better than season 1. I felt it had a lot more power and showed more character depth than the first season would allow. First season was just aimless wandering for the most part like they weren't sure where to go with it. I'm glad season 2 didn't hold anything back.

That said, IBO in general is very reminiscent of 00, so if you like that you'll like this. But without all the convoluted shit or 2deep4u that the early 2000's liked to throw into things.

Mazinger Z

One of the best Gundam shows. Fuck the purists.

Watch Shin Mazinger instead
If you don't like UC maybe.

Attached: 1521423978509.jpg (491x636, 26K)

Isnt that true for 99% of mecha shows?

I liked IBO but the way they handled certain characters was very upsetting.

What position did Mika creampie Atra in?

You must be joking. Season 2 is the payoff! I loved, loved how the show ended. If not for the way it went down, the series would be less memorable.

You don't need to watch any Gundam before watching IBO. The real question is why though. Why would you want to punish yourself with IBO?

Attached: 1519657393201.png (148x192, 65K)

It's really generic and bland. I tried watching it after my friend recommended it to me and absolutely nothing stands out. Characters, plot, setting, everything just feels so uninspired and like I've seen it all done a dozen times a hundred times better.

Way too afraid to kill off characters you care about.
To the point where someone will get their head literally sliced in half by an axe but they'll walk it off. I wish I was joking.
Also there aren't even that many fights.

Attached: 1514180959450.png (717x1000, 679K)

Both of those guys die

>Character is clearly part of a third faction and has an endgame not only planned but already set in motion
>Knows a shitton of classified information
>Has enough influence to get shit like the vidar available for field use
>She even looks naturally suspicious
>The writers never end up going anywhere with her
Sasuga Sunrise

Attached: C4iH9ZcUEAA7hnP.jpg (952x525, 39K)

I just finished this and all I gotta say is Rustal did nothing wrong

Really slow and boring. They spend 20 episodes in space with no variety in locations until they reach the colonies. A lot of pointless melodrama and the few interesting characters got the least screentime. The first season spent so long building up, and then rushed the fuck through the finale so the whole thing made you think the last 20 episodes were even bigger wastes of time.

a few moments, mostly in season 2 made me angry but as a whole i enjoyed it much more than any other recent mecha show.

Watch the last half of Gundam seed, every other episode of Wing, and the the first 20 minutes of Char's counter attack. You will be a little light on background knowledge but you should understand what is going on in IBO with that.

No where even close to Turn A.

>watching any Gundam made after Turn A
Why?

No you really don't.

The only worth watching gundams are 08th MS team and build fighters prove me wrong.

>08th MS team
thats not how you spell War in the Pocket

Attached: 1465445330946.png (375x375, 130K)