So the final battle was kind of a let down

So the final battle was kind of a let down.

Attached: Toji.no.Miko.full.2243436[1].jpg (1000x1200, 677K)

>final battle

Attached: 1521855752355.jpg (990x1400, 343K)

The whole show became disapointing when I realized that that utsushi bullshit was a very contrived and incredibly lazy way to give veryone an OP shield so no one has to die ever, even if they get stabbed in the face.

Yume died.

No one from the main cast were going to die anyway. Making it so that they could get struck down anywhere benefited the choreography.

Or maybe they just weren't intending to make the show a gorefest and came up with a clever way to avoid murdering people every episode.
The way they cut off their utsushi limbs to maneuver and make moves is entertaining.

>more 12 episodes to go
>final battle
user I...

They should've let Hiyoyon go to the netherworld and had the subplot of S2 to bring her back.

I refuse to believe it.

Next 12 episodes are going to be SoL arcs about culture festivals and dating boys.

Attached: 1383709234212.png (639x520, 301K)

Utsushi is a way to include realistic fighting styles that would normally end a fight in one hit and still keep the fight going.

The choreography was really nice, but it did lack impact and the other pairs showing up to help made their splitting up feel even more pointless, then they didn't even accomplish anything when they were there. It was a big reminder that I'm not actually invested in any of the characters and am just watching to see where the plot will go.

Also, their ability to use utsushi over and over again is really bringing my investment in the fights down. There don't seem to be any rules to it, so it's like everyone has infinite lives until the plot decides it's time for them to lose. Based on how things went early on, I was expecting it to be a one use thing with a long recharge and having someone continue the fight without it, risking their lives in a weakened state, would be a huge deal for when shit got real. But now all I can think of is being asked if I'd like to continue the fight by purchasing a new one for $0.99.

Attached: 1512330168861.png (355x510, 183K)

Now that you mention it they've truly captured the feeling of a gacha rpg. Yukari, Yume, Hiyori, and Kanami are 4*s while everyone else is a 3* or lower. When defeated by a powerful foe they just use their credit card to revive themselves. This may be one of the best gacha game adaptations ever made.

They literally was trained in having their utsushi form slashed.

I'm more lenient on splitting up because they were reactive actions.
>Kaoru and Ellen split Kanami, their strongest fighter, from Yume who isolated her.
>Mai wasn't able to doge the Aradama swarm, so Sayaka disobeyed her orders and went to retrieve her.

user, Yume and Yukari are as dead as this show's sales.

Mobage got super popular. Literally most profitable anime this season.

Why is this mobage adaption suddenly so popular?

Because it's not a mobage adaptation.

Utsushi is sustained through one's mental strength. It's too convenient, though, that the MCs were the ones w/ the greater mental fortitude so I can understand your frustration.

Does the word adaptation mean nothing to you?

Mai and Sayaka saved Kanami and Hiyoyon.

Not that user but It's a mixed media project with a mobage as the centerpiece. That's basically the same thing, stop being so anal.

>split up characters regroup
>didn't even damage the boss
You say that as if it's a bad thing.

Attached: 1518281537610.jpg (157x176, 10K)

picked up

You make it sound as if thats a bad thing.