2 weeks of animation delays

>2 weeks of animation delays

Attached: mpv-shot0001.jpg (1280x720, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.sakugabooru.com/2018/03/24/marchen-madchen-a-production-postmortem/
youtube.com/watch?v=mCae8e0NHls&t=1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Haven't laughed this hard in a long time. An unintentional 10/10 episode.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Marchen Madchen - 09 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_20.58_[2018.03.24_17.22.11].jpg (1920x1080, 417K)

Y-you tried.

Attached: upload-5.png (1280x720, 886K)

A face only a dork could love.

Attached: 1521822930091.jpg (1280x720, 229K)

Not even the dorkiest of dorks could love that abomination.

>am i kawaii uguu?

stop the bully

Attached: DY5Fk7lV4AAajWQs.jpg (600x338, 144K)

I enjoy the show but come on.

This is true animé

I love this, I love this so much and I hate myself for it.

Worth it.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-03-24 02-45-43.png (1920x1080, 1.32M)

The purple-haired one is a shapeshifter.

It was a good episode that separated the bandwagoners from the true fans.

Seriously, what's going on there in the studio? What went so wrong?

Attached: 1503753235697.webm (800x450, 81K)

blog.sakugabooru.com/2018/03/24/marchen-madchen-a-production-postmortem/

Holy shit man, I hope no one dies.

Attached: 1509467047690.jpg (231x395, 19K)

How much worse will it get? Lack of faces? Bodies completely melting when animated? Continuity errors? Chairs? Will we get chairs?

Attached: 1480788565205.png (1280x720, 1.42M)

Next episode is effectively the last one, but it looked decent in the preview. They must have put their effort into making the finale watchable.

So it will end at episode 10?

I guess in the end everyone was a dork, the MC, the characters, the studio, even user.

>“From the beginning up to now, four members of the production crew have quit, including the original production desk for the series and the settei manager.” The specifics about the situation boggle the mind, as episode 6 for example changed hands three times before its broadcast, and it wasn’t until the broadcast of episode 7 that they found a production assistant who could handle the management of #9. “None of the production assistants besides Kitamura, who had transferred in from 3hz, even had any experience in TV anime,”

Well, shit.

Thus ends the age of Häzuki, the isekai MC we deserved.

>Y-you tried.
I don't think anyone actually tried with that one.

I want to go back to the innocent Hazukiposting of the early episodes. She didn't deserve this.

Legendary QUALITY episode

I was enjoying the show, sad to see what's happened to it.

Attached: 1519687521125.jpg (500x500, 38K)

>By episodes 6-7, the burden on series director (Shigeru) Ueda was so strong he ended up stepping down after #8. On top of that, right before the delivery deadline for episode 8, we lost contact with the production desk, so in the end we spent those two weeks mostly sorting out the production situation for the episodes still remaining.
O-oh, so that's what happened.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Marchen Madchen - 09 [720p].mkv_snapshot_13.56_[2018.03.22_14.34.01].jpg (1280x720, 86K)

HAZUKI AND SHIZUKA
SITTING ON A TREE
K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

Is this now worse than QUALITY Code?

Matsu must be rolling in his grave with the QUALITY his show had.

Same. Lets hope the remaining episode are better

Attached: 1516606225962.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

>anime Hazuki will never score with her cute friends
>anime Hazuki will never have her tie fixed by cute girls again
>anime Hazuki will be forgotten and only remembered as a modern Musashi Gundoh

Attached: 1517497403882.jpg (1920x1080, 422K)

QUALITY CODE blew up way earlier. This show at least had a couple of decent episodes before collapsing.

IIRC, QUALITY Code had QUALITY as early as episode 1.

Look at those sources.

Wait: the other episodes were cancelled?

Because of the two week delay and lack of timeslots, episodes 11 and 12 are going to be released at an unspecified date.

What I don't understand is why the show seemed so unpopular and was already flopping even before the production issues happened.

I liked some aspects of it but I will admit it's not the type of show I'd expect to be popular. It's similar to isekai with a girl as the MC, and the whole show is basically one big tournament arc.
People still like the LN I guess so it's not all bad.

ITT we draw hazuki

If they don't just give up on the whole project, the last two episodes will likely come out at least six months down the line a la Kekkai Sensen.

But it has Kantoku.

Also, am I the only one who thinks it's similar to Ange Vierge?

The source material was not popular to begin with. It's a pity since I found the LN to be a really fun read, even though it's so filled with action and this kind of thing is not usually my cup of tea.

I haven't seen QUALITY this bad since Dynamic Chord and QUALITY Code.

I want Häzuki to QUALITY me in the basement. Bring Tatiana.

Here is my Hädoüken.

Attached: Hakazuki.jpg (1726x857, 132K)

I was actually enjoying this series at first.

I'm at episode 5 and everything seems fine, what happened?

user, you inspired me. I'll draw her too.

Attached: autism.jpg (803x603, 53K)

Read if you're interested. The clusterfuck sounds like it's mainly due to the guy in charge dropping the ball so hard.

>What went so wrong?
Airborne Ebola infection

10/10 you got the job, start working on ep 10

Let's send congratulations for making the first keyframe for episode 10. It only airs in 5 days

Congratulations on your new job user.

>to make comedy of the season.

Beatless gets pretty close. TWO recap episodes per cour so far

>Believing in Hoods Entertainment after what happened to Blazblue anime

Hazuki

Attached: Hazuki.png (192x184, 24K)

I can feel your löve for Hazüki, good jöb,

>If they don't just give up on the whole project
Please don't say that. I'd die if Hazuki' story goes unfinished. Besides has there ever been an anime that simply stopped halfway with no real ending?

Is this peak production collapse or has something worse ever happened?

I've never heard of that happening, and there's already been several cases of shows skipping two weeks and airing their finale later. They'll finish it even if the last person left alive has to cobble it together and drive it to the TV station before dying.

All of these are pretty cute actually. Hazuki's cuteness always shines no matter who draws her.

Attached: 1521809339777.jpg (574x717, 79K)

wizard barristers had the greatest episode of the century

I'll make you eat those words.

Attached: leaked episode 10 preview.png (600x800, 92K)

Masterpiece, truly captures Hazuki's lovely dorkness.

cute!

hurrzuki

>getting studio 3flops to fix your show

OH LAWD WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

Attached: [Erai-raws] Märchen Mädchen - 09 [720p][Multiple Subtitle].mkv_snapshot_05.26_[2018.03.24_19.55.50 (1280x720, 108K)

That seems like one of the least offensive ones.

Quality mustache. I even red the subtitle in an italian accent.

Why is the dork on the right so ANGERY

>Sadohara
>dork
She's a dork killer.

Battle Programmer Shirase

Attached: 872653487263.jpg (400x400, 19K)

Reminder that the OP is called "My Unfinished Story"

Good enough, just draw the black and white outlines and you're hired.

God damn it, user.

Attached: 1511526810032.jpg (306x273, 7K)

Seriously though, the industry needs some kind of reformation. As far as I can tell, the biggest problem is studios not making enough money. Giving them a cut of the revenue would be a start.

Damn, this reads literally like Boing Boing Heaven in Shirobako.

More money doesn't solve the issue. The problem is that the studios promise to deliver the anime within a supershort time, which they must uphold, since all the other partners and sponsors are also timing their products to sell around the same time. And anime slots are booked months in advance.

As far as I can figure out, studios promise that because the less time they spend working on an anime the sooner they can start working on the next one, and this is because they are short on money. Everything's planned, coordinated and booked in advance, but why can't the schedule just be farther into the future? Does this adaptation of a light novel have to air in January instead of April or August?

Because other projects have already been booked for that time slot.

That's true, but I wonder how commonly it's a problem. At least with streaming the problem wouldn't exist at all.

They work on it atleast 8 months to several year in advance.
It's not the producers problem they can't handle it, kyoani does amazing work with even less time and people.

But she deserve this destiny?

Attached: merumedo3.jpg (1920x1080, 83K)

Yes.

never watched BlazBlue, what happened?

Kyoani is exceptional. They have high quality long-term staff, do almost all their work in-house, can spend a lot of time on production, and lead their own projects. Those light novels they've been adapting recently are published by themselves.

Most of the rest of the industry is in a much worse position.

That's because streaming service providers like Netflix wouldn't have to work with other partners that need to sell their products around the same time.
A tech firm like Netflix, Bilibili or Crunchyroll needs anime. Lots of anime.
However, Crunchyroll decided to honor their Japanese business partner and become part of production committees to get exclusive streaming rights, so they wait for the typical weekly anime releases.

For westerners, that isn't really that much of a problem, though. Most westerners that watch anime ultimately don't bother getting the assorted merchandise and don't have easy access to it anyway. All they care about is the anime itself.

>Äriko doing the shiggy diggy doo

Let's remember the good times.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Marchen Madchen - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_17.18_[2018.01.12_19.43.08].png (1920x1080, 2.27M)

I thought we were talking about TV timeslots, e.g. the only convinient timeslot is six months away because everything else is full. If that wasn't an issue then what's to stop the committee from simply scheduling everything later? Does King Record have to put out that CD in six instead of nine months? Streaming doesn't eliminate the need for a production committee unless the streaming service is able and willing to pay for everything itself, which is only true for Netflix.

Hazuki is so sexy

oh god they're the same guys from BB? That makes so much fucking sense hahaha

Hazuki didn't deserve this, someone hire Madhouse to remake the entire show.
I can't resist linking this again youtube.com/watch?v=mCae8e0NHls&t=1s

Attached: 1517190116312.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

It was destined to be this way from the beginning. or perhaps someone arranged for this to happen as some sort of deranged meta statement

My ____ Häzuki is so cute.

Attached: 1517769853863.jpg (593x897, 126K)

Attached: qualityframerate.webm (1280x720, 500K)

>high quality long-term staff
I feel like that's probably the biggest thing. When you invest in personnel, you obviously have to give them a decent work environment so that they'll want to stick around. And they'll be able to exert more control over things because about not having a job next season if they piss off the wrong person. Of course, nurturing talent like that is a huge investment and depends heavily on finding the right people, so it's probably not realistic to push that model in every studio.