You thought the state of Märchen Mädchen production was catastrophic?

You thought the state of Märchen Mädchen production was catastrophic?

Wrong, it's much, much worse.

blog.sakugabooru.com/2018/03/24/marchen-madchen-a-production-postmortem/

...Did I mention the series director quit as well?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Marchen Madchen - 09 [1080p].mkv_00_08_48.486.jpg (1920x1080, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TheTop20AnimeOp/status/977017997297618944
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>no source
Looks like meaningless speculation being passed off as fact.

Actually sounds awfully like what I've always imagined the anime industry's modus operandi to be.

TABERUUU~

Did you seriously expect an actual name? You know that's never gonna happen, but at least sakugafags haven't been caught blatantly lying yet.

those links aren't sources?

I haven't watched this show, but the gifs linked in the post don't even look that bad. Certainly has nothing on WUG, QUALITY code, Long Riders, Musashi Gundoh, or that one fujo band anime (I forgot the title) which had quality in OP.

Eh it says nothing we didn't know, though I guess it's good to have a name we can point our fingers at.

Watch episode 9, that's the QUALITY one. The rest is ok.

Check the archives for recent threads, I assure you your sides will won't recover from this.

What a trainwreck. Seems like next episodes will suffer from direction and script as well it seems.

>don't even look that bad

Attached: 1521777562948.jpg (461x260, 52K)

Makes me want to watch Shirobako again.

Also we didn't even have an OP for the first 3 episodes. It was just recycled clips from the show.

Attached: 1521817973104.jpg (576x324, 47K)

Haduki's unfinished story!

>Also we didn't even have an OP for the first 3 episodes. It was just recycled clips from the show.
Please post a WebM

>postmortem
Please wait until Häzuki is dead first.

>By autumn 2017 we were already worried that the broadcast could be in danger, so Kitamura, as production assistant, came up with an outsourcing plan that was then rejected by the CEO for financial reasons. By late January, the CEO finally approved the subcontracting proposal, but at that point we were running so short on time that no studio was willing to take the offer.
JUST

Kitamura did nothing wrong!

Love the narrative the guy is pulling out everytime that animators are never to blame for anything.

>Doubting sakugabooru.

Because no one wants to deliberately put out a shoddy anime.

Fuck off Nagai

Even if the animators are all awful, it's the fault of whoever hired them and didn't fix it. Being at the bottom of the ladder means not being responsible for anything else.

Does this mean that 3D Kanojo next season is also at danger (since its by the same studio)?

No, it's the problem of the bird and frog perspectives.

The "small guy" working in the operative part of a production will always blame thie higher ups for anything. Not aware of the wider circumstances or the fact that they are pulling out subpar work.
Failing results are often a result of failures on several different levels.

One could ask the question why they were behind shedules in autumn 2017.

That's wrong, it didn't have an OP for 6 episodes.

To answer picrelated - yes, a new director, apparently.

If an animator/AD is to blame for something, there's a good chance he'll be out of a job long before anyone would ever know. And a couple of animators can't break a project completely anyway.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Marchen Madchen - 09 [1080p].mkv_00_23_16.605.jpg (1920x1080, 272K)

Not in this case. Its Hoods fault for giving an rate that is even lower than the norm.

They made like five seconds of the new OP after three episodes, so we had less repeats of bloomer scene by the time the real OP hit.

That said, the clip show still feels to be a better OP somehow.

I don't watch the show, could someone post the WebM? Just to see how it was like.

In case of anime the problem of being behind schedule seems to be a rather common issue, especially with a smaller studio, and there was an obvious solution to the issue...

You've surely seen anime where the OP is just clips from the first episodes before. That's all it was. The OP wasn't a wreck or anything.

Trainwreck of the season?

OP comparison
twitter.com/TheTop20AnimeOp/status/977017997297618944

And here I thought it would be Beatless with all its delays and recaps.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Beatless - 01 [1080p].mkv_00_11_10.879.jpg (1920x1080, 285K)

How did the production desk sheduled a 12 episodes they would run out of money after the half of the show.

The point here isn't that the production committee aren't to blame here. But the narrative that it's always the fault of them, despite the fact that the fuckery of the original Girls und Panzer run was that animators plain didn't deliever their work for example.

The people in charge are the ones responsible. That's part of being in charge.

You're talking about the production desk that literally ran away, anything is possible.

With Actas, they somehow always were overconfident in what they thought they could deliver, and failed every single goddamn time for the last several years until Bandai bought them...

The problem I have with that article is that our darling Kvin couldn't stop stating that problems are always a result of the people who actually fund the shit.

It even went so far that he claims we shouldn't trust a single word from the production side of the anime industry.

It's just you misreading it. Of course, things like this should always be taken with a grain of salt. The purpose of the article is not to point fingers, but to give an insight on what happened.

No it didn't. It pointed out why official interviews are never going to mention this sort of thing, so you shouldn't take the fact that they don't bring it up to mean things are fine.

Really feeling that director change.

Attached: 1513130594246.png (1280x720, 927K)

>this kills yuri

Attached: 1519814459571.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

>ask animators
>only get the perspective of animators
>sell it als the truth of the anime industry

It's like there are still people who base their opinion about the idol industry on Perfect Blue.

Dynamic Chord of the season

>sell it as the truth of the anime industry

It's just you miscontruing the article. The article did not in anyway state nor implied that Kvin described the whole picture.

The last time quality made me laugh so much was Mekaku episode 9.

Attached: mpvsnap-2018-03-24-13h53m31s.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

1st time production assistants all over the project, looks like it was doomed from the beginning. Doesn't seem like the Head honcho Nagai helped matters at all either.
I wouldn't have high expectations, that's for sure. I'm sure there's no way it'll crash as hard as madchen has though.

Attached: 1517184403698.jpg (881x922, 154K)

Somehow I get the impression that they basically forced a situation where the force the committee to greenlight more money.

its like Im watching shirobako irl but with bad end

Attached: 1424357596030.jpg (1440x810, 175K)

Do you think Animators working to the bone on projects like this would develop a psychosis again't CGDCTs knowing they've spent hours and unpaid overtime getting the cute girl just right in failure?

Attached: 456647.jpg (635x824, 205K)

Yeah, first point doesn't make a lot of sense though.

>throwing good money after bad

is actually a thing in business. And mostly a result of hoping losing less money that way.

>subtweeted by an uninvolved studios representative who said dying on the desk should be seen as an honor like solders passing away in battlefield
What honor is there in dying from overwork? Seems like a sad way to go out, and its a pretty disgusting view desu

Guy should rather talk about animations than doing his hot takes on business.

He was an old man who died in his sleep of natural causes. kViN is Daiz undercover working as usual to destroy the anime industry.

>sakugaybooru
Should be a bannable offense.

>sakugabooru
>kViN the literal faggot
>twitterfaggots pretending they have insider info when they just read 2ch

What a dastardly plan
So you're saying he's lying about speaking with someone who worked on the show?

He can't even speak Japanese.

All I know is I wouldn't trust anyone who uses Google translated yaraon-blog posts to prove any sort of point.

>not to point fingers
>talks about baby eating CEOs.

The joke is that outside of namedropping people his takes on animations aren't even that interesting at all.

Wait, what? How does he talk to people then, through a translator?

>Kvin couldn't stop stating that problems are always a result of the people who actually fund the shit.
That's an issue with Sakugafags in general.
If animators do amazing work, then they get all the credit.
But when the animation looks terrible, the producers get all the blame.
Producers are always the assholes and their work never gets any recognition.
I honestly would like to see how the industry would look if the "creators" manage the money and have full creative control.
If the gaming industry is anything to go by, it would lead to unfinished QUALITY products en masse.

>I honestly would like to see how the industry would look if the "creators" manage the money and have full creative control.
>If the gaming industry is anything to go by, it would lead to unfinished QUALITY products en masse.

at least you would be able to buy very expensive space ships.

Good god Star Citizen is gonna be a trainwreck of epic proportions.
Producers/Managers will be in the background when they do their job right, so it makes sense why this happens. When things go wrong they take the heat.
It explains why EA got a lot of shit even though they gave Bioware a lot of free reign to fuck themselves.
In this specific case however, I'd say mismanagement of time schedules/funding/staff are definitely more to blame than the animators themselves.

Sakugabooru is okay. SakugaBlog is pretty shit though, yeah.

>Good god Star Citizen is gonna be a trainwreck of epic proportions.
>those cucks that backed that shit
At least the kikestarter fiasco is exposed.

It's so garbage it killed the author, and thank god it's flopping as hard as a show can. Which gives me hope for the anime industry

Cool it with the edge, my man

Attached: aasdasd.png (851x780, 875K)

I was thinking the same, but at least they were cautious enough to do it early and regularly instead of letting it all fall apart while pretending everything's fine.

????

Its true though

Attached: mpvsnap-2018-03-24-13h53m34s.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

This show deserved better.