Japan Becomes Latest Country to Consider Pirate Site Blocking

torrentfreak.com/japan-becomes-latest-country-to-consider-pirate-site-blocking-180324/

Attached: moretsu_pirates.jpg (580x326, 137K)

>Lets promote japanese culture by making it less available
???

I wish somebody would talk sense into these people.
I'm sure that they mean well. Some of them at least.

I can't believe Cool Japan is still a thing.
Felt like it was going to be one of those projects that no one cared about after a few years.

Just because it exists doesn't mean anyone cares about it.

Attached: claris_cool_japan.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

Good riddance

Is Daiz behind this?

lol may as well ip block all of china

uncool japan couldn't even stop fansubtitle

>one of those projects that no one cared about
Until they wanted to "cashback" some government money.

You think he’s behind everything, geez.

He's also behind _______you_______

that's the goal here

Good thing I'm behind 7 proxies.

hard to believe they have not realized that the boom of anime outside of Japan is due to piracy. Reducing it just mean less exposure, less merchandise sold, less interest, less everything.

>Pay for a TV slot to promote your series so people buy the BD, merch and manga.
>Website promotes your series for free
>Try to ban it

Attached: 1417141483228.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

Technically that's true about everyone, if you draw a looping spiral behind you around the world enough times.

They are doing some things in Mexico, other than that i have never heard from them.

Don't bother trying to explain that to corporate execs, it will just go over their heads. The whole entertainment industry doesn't realize how much internet plays a part in exposure, especially for younger people who don't have the money to watch legally. Even in the era of streaming services like Crunchyroll and Funimation, these idiots will still try to combat piracy instead of finding a legal alternative to it. Music industry 2.0

Attached: __sakamoto_and_shinonome_nano_nichijou_drawn_by_daitirumoesu__74e904e5251120199d4509dd7e6b74a1.jpg (598x634, 188K)

No, they're gonna make it available through shoddy paywall services that get shilled by people who need to constantly shit on a five-year old anime to get the extra dough.

Attached: 0f1.png (1920x1090, 1.76M)

As long as they release blurays and anime still is broadcast to tv, nothing will change.

Worked so well for every other country that tried it

Best Korea seems to be managing it.

By having no access to outside internet

Hey, if it works.

Can you imagine escaping best korea as a disillusioned peon to nipland and discovering all the weeb shit? Would it make you want to go back?

i'd imagine looking at everything escaping straight out of best korea would look better, weebshit 10 fold

How to stop piracy:
1. Create great stuff
2. Make it easy to buy
3. Same day worldwide release
4. Fair price
5. Works on any device

2-4 are doable.
1 not so much
5 haha dream on

Nope. It would be a shining beacon of hope. Any country that isn't an African shithole full of starvin marvins would be heaven to them.

1 and 5 are particularly incompatible with each other, if you include technical specs superiority into the greatness. No, we don't fucking want to settle for 720p, 900p or whatever at 24 encoded fps (more like 8-12 in most scenes).

Fuck off retard

What does stopping domestic piracy have to do with cool japan which is trying to increase tourism?

They need money

Maybe they thought if gaijins don't have easy access to anime they'll actually go to Japan to get it? I'unno. Execs are weird, man.

Anime and manga are some of the least interesting reasons to go to nipland unless you are actually fluent in nipponese, both spoken and the moonrunes.

I'll keep pirating

It's ironic how the OP pic is not an actual pirate.

I'll keep pirating everything

isn't that only reason people go to japan besides a shitty teacher job and video games.

Not him, but they have a great music scene.

Do you mean idols?

If that's your thing, sure. But Japan literally has the second largest music industry in the world and a very active live scene across a wide variety of genres.

Their stage play scene also really good.

the birth rate needs to start increasing somehow

Food, music, technology, Tokyo metropolis, the countrysides are comfy and quiet.

that and being a massive weaboo that overlooks the terrible lifestyle and culture just to live in his japanese animays

The terrible lifestyle can be ignored if you just throw enough money at it. Culture is a minefield, don't start with that.

>you will never live the weeaboo lifestyle like komeji and davido-kun

Attached: 1486313789170.gif (1200x900, 374K)

Good luck stopping piracy years after the industry model shifted to BDs and merch.

inb4 the first thing they do is only a dns block.

>This past week saw perhaps the single wildest display of copyright infringement ever directed at Japanese culture by those in authority. Local governments across South America defied the Japanese government by airing the latest episode of Dragon Ball Super in public places to tens of thousands of people, all without obtaining the necessary licensing.

based spics

He is, and also: Little Rock, Pasternak, Mickey Mantle, Kerouac, Sputnik, Chou En-Lai, "Bridge on the River Kwai" Lebanon, Charles de Gaulle, California, baseball, Starkweather, homicide, children of thalidomide
Fuck Diaz

>watching DBS
>based

He always is. I'll update this as soon as I can.

Attached: DE233092-C67A-45EF-9855-E6C42A0BAFA8.png (400x2400, 228K)

What's "that"?

>backdooring Intel processors
holy shit this guy's srs bsns

Nips are fucking retarded. We know this

It's become a dossier/rap sheet of sorts.

>Local governments across South America defied the Japanese government by airing the latest episode of Dragon Ball Super in public places to tens of thousands of people
What the fuck is going down in Latin America?

Well, I was going to say there goes my interest of moving to Japan but then I read the first line in the article is they are considering doing the same thing here in Canada, I knew the world was going to shit soon enough, I guess it's suicide for me then

I was just saying that you seem to blame him as a scapegoat, even for things that don’t have him involved.