Fucking ruined

Why did they add this different time bullshit?? It only gave the story a plot hole bigger than your mums anus. Goddamn, its ruined fuck

Attached: unnamed-1.jpg (313x470, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lake_House_(film)
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
archiveofourown.org/works/13409700/chapters/30723504
youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>why did they add what made the movie unique
dunno

We say plothole, some say twist.

>why did they add what made the movie shit
Ftfy

Your mums anus is pretty tight last night though. Also the movies great as it is.

>a movie with a major plot hole is good
I hope you get killed

>Boy and a girl magically swapping bodies? Great!
>Magically travelling through time because of a god near a meteor crater lake? Ruined!
It's fucking magic. There's also hints of Japanese mythology references.

It not that, its them not remembering that theyre in a different timeline which is fucking damn important as them remembering the body swapping

Do you vaguely remember what you dreamed about when you wake up? Do you remember what year it was, or even what day of the week?

They mention very frequently their memories are slightly jumbled after waking up.

I just said that its freaking important if you noticed that you're in a different timeline just like you remember the body swapping.

They shouldn't have any trouble realizing the time difference DURING the switch. Then just making a memo to the other person.

>unique
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lake_House_(film)

Don't ignore what I said. Their memories were foggy. Try reading a book in a dream and you'll realize you can't actually read anything, and your mind is just supplementing what it thinks should be on the paper. When they bodyswap, they weren't conscious. They were literally dreaming.

At first. But as it went by, they were remembering things more and kept memo etc.

So they remember other shit and cant even remember that its a fucking different timeline??? Are you high, holy shit

Stop reaching far for things to call the movie shit. Pretty sure that was an element that made the movie so good for most people.

>Write the memo for someone else while dreaming, not aware of the date
>Wake up to the updates on your phone with your correct date
The level of awareness isn't the same in the dream, but when they wake up, they have no reason to assume anything's abnormal anymore, because it was as if they awoke from a dream, even if they remember it. I'll yield that they should have noticed something at some point, but I'll blame magic time travelling lake gods for that.

With movies like this one, they are made purely for the emotional elements. Everything else is just 'lel just switch your brains off'. It's why once you have time to think about it, the flaws start to reveal.

How often do you realise in a dream that you're in a different situation than in your real life?

Are you high? You're overly angry about this

>dream
>dream
>dream
That was at first. Things more 'real' for them as time went by. Let's not forget that later on, the guy actively had to do research to hunt down the place, which implies that he certainly remembers quite a lot of details from the 'dream'.

Ask them, they seem to know that theyre body swapping for real and believes any of the other stuff

I watched it in a theater and payed, ofcourse im pissed.

Not enough to remember the rural town's name. In dreams, you don't remember details very well. You remember actions most vividly.

As i have said the timeline is very very important like knowing about the body swap. Knowing the town name is not important

It's just some part of the dream you forget when waking up. Same as the town name.

Why are Western shitppsters always so stubborn about this small bit as though it devoids all the other elements and efforts that the movie did extremely well on and is known for them? The whole point was that they are young teenagers focused on the now rather than then, with them constantly wondering if they are dreaming every experience after they happen. They were also completely unaware of the event because one if them is 3 years too early to know about it at all from Tokyo, and the other is 3 years too ahead to remember the comet for anything but its visual beauty from his rooftop. This is in no way an astronomical plot hole as shitposters seem to exaggerate it to me, but unfortunately people can't ignore the bait and we're never going to have discussion-worthwhile Your Name threads ever again thanks to this.

>we're never going to have discussion-worthwhile
No fucking shit. You dismiss criticisms you don't agree with as shitposting. You don't want discussions, you just want a circlejerk.

No it isnt, the town name is mundane in takis mind. If he knew about the difference in timeline, he'll make a note out of it for mitsuha or try to remember it like the body swapping

It's a dream. They're too focused on enjoying each others' lives to try and unravel it all. When they wake up, they're more worried about fixing the mistakes the other person made.

Attached: 1516921720269.jpg (800x315, 98K)

>dream
This is the laziest excuse ever.

This. You can enjoy this movie all you like, but going this far to deny that it has its flaws is just delusional. But then again, this being a rather shallow entertainment is exactly why it became a big hit.

Why is it important? The date isn't really relevant to anything they were doing.

And I just addressed the criticism, yet you're stuck thinking I want a circlejerk when the actual circlejerk is people thinking this plothole devalues the film's merits. Please, feel free to offer some thought back as opposed to reptitive "Muh calendar!" talk.

What do you want from me? It's fiction. I can't rationalize everything perfectly when a magic god is the one in charge of all the mystical shit happening. Do you want me to explain how magic god powers works? Do you want me to talk about why going to the underworld without a sacrifice is a taboo?

Exactly what movie doesn't have flaws though? This one definitely has flaws, but the problem always seems to be that people claim the flaws override the pros of the movie to qualify it as bad, which is just absolutely not true. This movie is nowhere as shallow as to assume its high acclaim is only cheaply earned and nothing more.

It is if you suddenly noticed that the difference is fucking 3 years

In a dream.

Theyre literally swapping so not a dream, they couldve logged it in their fucking i phone

Even the grandmother calls their swaps dreams.

Why would they notice? How often do you even check the year? I rarely do.

Also
>writing "I love you" in hand instead of his fucking name
I almost burst laughing in the theater.

What plot holes?

Hol shit i already said that they go to school, theyre swapping for a month. Them not noticing is laughable at best

It's a dream, bro

As much as I like Keanu and Bullock, this was pretty weak.
Your Name did it better.

What exactly would knowing the date do? They did not know about the event at all (one out of ignorance for rural events and the other simply because she never seen it yet) so knowing the time shift cannot lead to knowing about that just like that. Also, it really is the feeling that they are in a dream-like phase that they focus on living the now in their new setting without any worry about their actual home setting, so it is safe to assume they did not care enough to think about the year difference until knowing about the event comes first.

A boy falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

Attached: 1481866171676.jpg (564x844, 87K)

How does going to school matter? Did knowing the current year come up a lot in your classes? Is reading a calendar your idea of high school education?

MEME MAGIC

Attached: 1492663261317.gif (618x339, 670K)

Already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825

Absolute madman!

Attached: madman entertainment.png (1361x639, 1.24M)

This movie is shit. I don't mind fucking magic and all but even magic should be depicted in a consistent, reasonable manner. "It just werks XD" is a shallow excuse for lazy writing and the resultant turd story completely kills the impact of any forced emotional scenes.

Whats the point of engaging with such an inplausible, uncharming tale anyways? Not even the animation and boob jokes could save this train wreck.

I fucked up the thumb when I made this
shamefur dispray

Attached: sudoku.jpg (214x235, 21K)

Another reminder that Keit-ai is already a fanfic, so stop posting this.

archiveofourown.org/works/13409700/chapters/30723504

Attached: 1449735172268.jpg (1920x1080, 589K)

ED2: youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo

Attached: 1449746594507.jpg (1500x2202, 613K)

>magic should be depicted in a consistent, reasonable manner.
there are a bunch of references to shinto gods and arcane ritual sprinkled throughout

Attached: kimi-no-na-wa-2016-hdrip-720p-hc-eng-sub-aac-x264.mp4_snapshot_00.08.59_[2017.07.18_18.45.40].jpg (1280x720, 94K)

>even magic should be depicted in a consistent, reasonable manner

The "magic" in the movie is only made sense by assumptions made by multiple characters, with the most relevant one being Musubi. It is largely and intentionally a mystery that the audience can choose to accept those assumptions said out loud or figure out how the event occur in sequencing, it is all up to the viewer's perception.

>this different time bullshit?? It only gave the story a plot hole
>Goddamn, its ruined fuck
It's just a science fiction story. No need to hate it for being what it is. Just suspend your state of disbelief while watching it and enjoy it. That said, old japs supposedly like it because it comforts them imagining that loss of life during great tragedies (Japan has suffered quite a few in recent years) could somehow be averted by types of miracles which stem from their cultural traditions, kids like it because "If I was a woman first thing I'd do is masturbate LOL!", and normalfags love it because it's your typical "muh red string of fate!" bullshit love story, and they like stories that reinforce the idea that love is real, and couples were meant to be together due to destiny, as opposed to bitches just looking for someone relatively good looking to keep them living comfortably. The author is actually very talented, but you can tell he injected all these memes into the movie on purpose to pander to petty and naive people's basic wishful thinking for the purpose of making bank, and it worked rather well too. If you really want to experience his real magnum opus, watch Five Centimeters Per Second. That's the raw deal of how reality actually works, and less popular with the masses due to it's unfiltered heart-breaking sincerity

Attached: 5.Centimeters.Per.Second.jpg (2016x1134, 191K)

>wakes up
>date is 3 years different
>it isnt important guiisse
Wow

That's a fair point to make, but I personally favor Your Name over 5cm/sec because that purpose of fantasy being to push the motivation to hope and work for what you desire is well-articulated in the film, at least from my perspective. It really shows the change in Shinkai's view of reality being less about conveying the truth as it is and moving more towards aiming towards a goal and working to make it a reality. You are right in that Your Name boosts optimism for finding love, but I think it actually does well at motivating people to get off their ass and do their share of socializing to find that special someone through time and effort instead of just waiting and lurking in the thoughts of never achieving it.

You do know thay what you're saying is ludicrous at best? They go to school and didnt even see the date?? Really?? How about other places? Like in the resto, news or something, no dates really?? For a fucking month???

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-25-17-27-52-089_com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad.png (1920x1080, 1.21M)

Attached: yournamemusubi.jpg (1329x308, 185K)

The year? No, who the fuck pays attention to that ever?

How often do you contemplate what year it is?

Even smart phones don't display the year unless you specifically tell it to.

Test papers, shift details, etc. etc. Dunno the MCs might be retarded. I guess that should do it

If you see a calendar somewhere with the wrong date, do you assume that it's some sort of mistake or that you have traveled in time?

Who the fuck crops like this?

Yes if its 3 years ahead

I just cropped the dialogue

If he'd written his name, Mitsuha would have eventually forgotten its meaning. But since he wrote "I love you", the feeling of it lingers on

The Inuyashiki version of this was amazing

>it actually does well at motivating people to get off their ass and do their share of socializing to find that special someone through time and effort instead of just waiting and lurking in the thoughts of never achieving it.
That's actually the same message from Five Centemeters Per Second, except that one is more of a cautionary tale of how people end up in such situations due to forces beyond their control, but the author was wise to inject so many memes into Your Name to get as many different types of people with different levels of intelligence to watch it and love it. He was extremely talented before, but then he learned to package his product for mass consumption and it paid off

Attached: Your name tit grab.gif (720x642, 754K)

Your name is a cash grab like capeshit. 0 substance for retards, period.

You can stop now

Attached: 1281418925493.jpg (598x448, 33K)

I wish my cat was this chill, he just sits on my lap and make me a scratch post

During Uni's first & second year, while my cat was still a kitten, he'd routinely attempt to sleep on my keyboard while I was finishing assignments.

Now he just sleeps everywhere else in the house.

>this thread

Attached: 1501032681251.jpg (588x823, 109K)

Holy shit you are genuinely autistic. I'm sorry.

>it is all up to the viewer's perception.
Thank god im not one of those targetted retarded viewers then

What if his name is really I love you? Taki is only his nickname

Why must Sup Forums be like this

To be fair, you need to have a very high IQ to nitpick anime on the internet

Sudden surge of spics and retards because of DBS

>muh DBS meme

>t. Angelito Cruz Esperanza

t. La malinche

This movie is bad and everyone who liked it is bad, probably underage, probably browse tumblr and/or reddit, probably are too emotional to be viable for any kind of success and basically you're fucking stupid.

Attached: 1484141186824.png (600x450, 241K)

>we was smart n' shit

>Sup Forums used to be good, we had such enlightening, fulfilling conversations back then! It was truly a place for superior, thinking philosophers like me!

Attached: 1516087430139.jpg (333x357, 66K)

The year might not come up all that often, sure. But once the characters figured out that the body-switching was real rather than just dreams, they probably should've been able to notice there's some kind of time-fuckery involved as well. The two did spend a bunch of time looking at the schedules on their phone calendars, so they couldn't be entirely oblivious of the date or the weekday. But during a body-switch, the weekdays wouldn't match with what they were expecting.

Attached: sept13.jpg (1280x1456, 206K)

Which is exactly why Taki!Mitsuha gets confused and dresses in school uniform when the grandma takes them up the mountain