Isekai: FPS

Manuke na FPS Player ga Isekai e Ochita Baai is an isekai where some guy playing FPS online is isekai'd to his game. Now he has to make a living as an adventurer killing monsters with FAMAS and FN P90.

Attached: Manuke na FPS Player ga Isekai e Ochita Baai -.png (1500x2126, 1.23M)

Other urls found in this thread:

mangadex.org/manga/22017/manuke-na-fps-player-ga-isekai-e-ochita-baai
pastebin.com/DnErtBAY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Isekai is over saturated with this shit. Why is it always games?

You gonna post the first chapter at least or what

Considering the high number of isekai, not so many of them are simply "MC is isekai'd to the game he's playing", actually.

The real problem is that a lot of isekai have gamelike-features like status windows, levels, skills and ranks, eventough "technically" the MC is not thrown into a game.

or what

you'll find it here

mangadex.org/manga/22017/manuke-na-fps-player-ga-isekai-e-ochita-baai

The precision of game rules make it easy to measure protagonist growth, the familiarity of game tropes make it easy to establish a world, and the idea of games as another world is easy to adapt into total transportation.

You know, from what manga has so far been translated, I don't really understand why he is supposed to be stupid

Yeah, this one is a pretty good example of games ruining things. Guns-and-magic as a fantasy adventure setting has tons of potential... but nope, let's just buy sci fi gear from a game interface instead.

Holy shit, LOTCH writing is really rough and bad. I barely understand what the fuck is going on with the story.

we off to a great start cause eh lads?

Seven Seas released the second volume recently.

>A brush with death brought overachieving high school student Yachiyo to the world of Gulgraf, and its people welcomed her as a goddess reborn. Now she seeks the Twelve champions that can help banish evil from her new home…only to discover that not everyone is ready to accept an Earthling girl as their savior. A powerful young man has his own vision for Gulgraf’s future, and he’ll fight to protect it–by any means necessary.

Attached: 918RBfqTItL.jpg (1500x2138, 570K)

>isekai
Non recyclable trash right there.

fuck off digibro wannabe, go back to Sup Forums

You dont have to be some retard on youtube to see isekai writing is trash.

>just buy sci fi gear from a game interface instead
If there wasn't a game interface, the first several volumes would be about the several years it would take to make the tools and gather the resources to make bullets and guns. Having the protagonist have a 'magic' game interface feels balanced given the "manuke" penalty.

Also, this isn't "sci-fi gear"; the P90 has been in production for almost 30 years.

i said GET.

this guy uses a shitload of 3d ala hiroya oku

LN writing is bad whether it's isekai or not

He can't into magic
Or talking

He's got various powersuits in his closet and talks about how the game has weapons ranging from WW1 to futuristic sci0fi stuff.

GET post is bannable here user.

>or talking
Could you explain?

Log Horizon West Wind Brigade is pretty fun. Log horizon fans should read it if they haven't.

Attached: 009.jpg (1067x1600, 485K)

You're right. I'd remembered about that and the shield just after I posted. Still, that seems to a power on-par with or slightly above a skilled magic user. And I imagine the point cost would astronomical.

How many isekai do you read ironically?
How many isekai do you read unironically?

9 unironically.

All of them

By sci fi gear, I mean he's got power armor with a force field, and a personal radar giving him enemy warnings.

>If there wasn't a game interface, the first several volumes would be about the several years it would take to make the tools and gather the resources to make bullets and guns.
That's some serious goalpost-moving. He's dropped from Earth into a fantasy world, not an authentic pre-industrial world. "I was cleaning grandpa's old revolver and I got teleported into a magic world; I'm bad at magic but it only takes a little creation/summon magic to make bullets." Easy.

May I suggest Gun-Ota?

>ironically?

>unironically?

I wouldn't say that's a good series, but at least there were no game interface.

what isekais have proper endings?

I'm reading like 30 at once and shits starting to blend together to the point where I actually want everything to fucking end.

are there any good finished isekais?
i dont want to start reading and wait month by month for each new release

Helck

fuck if i know user, I'm reading shit thats been out for years and the shit is still ongoing.

laziness. no need to come up with how the MC got guns in the world.

The Latest Game Is Too Amazing (73 chapters)
Last Boss (193 chapters)
Maid (180+ 57 chapters)
Bookworm (677 chapters)
Haunted Duke’s Daughter (193 chapters)
Yandere-kei Otomege (4 volumes)
The Daughter of the Albert House Wishes for Ruin (3 volumes)
Skeleton knight (8 volumes)
I Reincarnated Into a Vending Machine (252 Chapters )

Most of those are in translation hell though.

You'll probably want to avoid the chinese webnovels, and any manga; those just get dropped midway. Things in physical print in light novel form have a far better chance of continuing to run to a conclusion.

Like Zero no Tsukaima even got a real ending after the author died.

Noted my mistake with the sci-fi gear earlier. It's given surprisingly little attention compared to that given to the inconvenience of a lack of magic.

>it only takes a little creation/summon magic to make bullets
I'd be interested in a finely tuned story where the isekai'd has just enough knowledge to make conventional firearms (and not nukes), just enough unique magic power to make a limited arsenal (and not arm a nation), and skill enough to use those guns to great effect. But the presence of magic would continue to complicate things, as magically homing bullets, magically expansive personal armories, etc. would give utility far beyond the guns themselves.

>I Reincarnated Into a Vending Machine (252 Chapters )

how the fuck can you write 252 chapters about this?

It's not an isekai, just fantasy.

the Sup Forums isekai from the last thread

pastebin.com/DnErtBAY

what was the name of that reincarnated into a dragon isekai with a female protagonist? it wasnt dragon egg

Jaryuu tensei?

Dragon Life?

Yeah, that got posted while I was writing the other one.
But it seems like we agree on setting potential here! That's the kind of thing I was thinking. Develop the world and the character instead of develop the game system, and they'd end up with something far more interesting.

What if the character makes his bullets with his weak magic, but you'd never use that method to make a sword, because it doesn't scale well. What if that summoned/created construct bullet only lasts a day, and takes a few minutes per round to make? Now the character is required to plan a bit, because his gun isn't a super push-button-win-game bullethose. He's got constraints, and thus his efforts to find workarounds are rewarded.
And it's got practical growth potential - he figures out how to make different bullet types, or he gets a local to make him some speedloaders.

>Develop the world and the character instead of develop the game system, and they'd end up with something far more interesting

problem is that it's harder, and beyond the skill of LN writers, a medium from which most of the isekai come from

I am just giving the complete ones user.

the question still stands: how the fuck is it even possible to write 252 chapters about the adventures of a vending machine?

isekai with cringe art 1: Gun-Ota

Attached: 015[1].png (987x1400, 423K)

isekai with cringe art 2: Shingan no Yuusha

Attached: Shingan no Yuusha -.jpg (950x1351, 331K)

>but you'd never use that method to make a sword, because it doesn't scale well
What about darts, caltrops, sling-stones, bombs, etc.? Or enchanting the edge or core of the sword? It might be better to make the fantasy world's magic a 'utility magic' with a small scale which is a good match for bullets. Exploding darts are good, but exploding darts (bullets) which can accurately cross hundreds of meters in under a second are better.

> What if that summoned/created construct bullet only lasts a day, and takes a few minutes per round to make?
It'd be more direct to have the precise creation magic required to make functional bullets require so much magic that only a few bullets can be made per day, or that bullet-making creation magic is unique to the isekai'd who has very limited magic power.

isekai with cringe art 3: Nidome no Yuusha

Attached: 001[1].jpg (950x1364, 656K)

isekai with cringe art 4: Death March

Attached: Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku.png (2852x2048, 3.23M)

It seems like editors/publishers dropped their standards to cash in on the trend.
I mean, books are super cheap to make, even compared to manga. Only the author is on it full time - the editor is on multiple projects, and the illustrator only has to do a cover and a few pages per book. It's low risk and they don't have to fight over weekly/monthly magazine space.

I mean, I'm not claiming LNs were high art before either, but they cover a wide range of writing quality, and the writers for stuff like Horizon and Index do worldbuilding all day every day for years. Shana ran pretty long. Legend of the Legendary Heroes basically got 20 volumes just to set up for the series the author really wanted to do.

cringe posting

>Not being leveled.
The artist could've tried harder.

I was thinking about how in some magic systems, stuff made entirely of magic is too brittle or too short-lived to substitute for more traditional physical crafting. You wouldn't care if your bullet broke after two hits - you're only using it for one - and you wouldn't care if it melts in two days if you're shooting it today. That'd be a dealbreaker with a sword, of course.
Stronger mages just blast with attack spells as usual.

For everyone else, the ones who could be making bullets don't have a gun, which is why only the one isekaid-with-a-revolver guy is doing this. Maybe summoned arrows are a thing for magic archers. Ammo that only works for one shot is a bonus in warfare, not a flaw - because the enemy can't pick it up and throw it back at you.

I don't understand how those are cringey. No, really. I'm not autistic either, what's wrong with them?
>inb4 OP protags, harems, slaves, revenge

>what's wrong with them
using the word "cringe"

cringe post

dragon's bloodline?

Why aren't you writing your own isekai? Don't you want to be a successful author like the japanese?

Attached: minotaur.png (301x235, 59K)

Attached: 012[1].jpg (1445x2048, 931K)

Have a couple different ideas I have in mind, actually. Just don't know where to take them.

>MC dies in a car accident
>wakes up in a strange temple
>primitive world with magic and ruins of ancient civilization everywhere
>surroundings think he's a god-sent hero
>he thinks he was isekai'd
>Is actually just far distant future Earth, after an apocalypse sends humans back to the stone ages
>After dying, MC's body was given to science, and he was frozen, before being revived in the future, but kept on ice because no one wanted to take care of him.
>Woke up in temple that was actually the remains of the hospital that had his body.
>Magic is just nano-machines originally invented by for convenience via telekinesis.

>checking 2017 total light novel sales figures
>only like five of the top 30 series are isekai
>they make about 60 cents per sale
>20th place is barely making a living wage
>30th place needs a day job
>isekai was a mistake

>Why aren't you writing your own isekai? Don't you want to be a successful author like the japanese?
I am. Its a simple/short story about a librarian who likes history going to a middle fantasy world (Magic/Gods exists, but they are not everywhere/in your face and you need to be born talented to use their powers). The MC at first thinks everything is a dream (Later realizes it isn't; Gods isekai people from different worlds for shits and giggles.), doesn't have any powers, just hangs around a port city and befriends several girls with different occupations (Genki warrior, Yandere priestess, Tsundere merchant, etc) who show him their day-to-day job/hang around him as he gets a job being the assistant librarian to the city's library and does slice-of-life stuff for his new life.

>Don't you want to be a successful author like the japanese?
I'm just doing it for the challenge and fun of writing.

so based on your analysis, what is the next trend?

the 3d art looks so fucking bad

Yuri NTR manga.

I am writing one but I'm not sure where to publish it.

Yay!

I would have prefered Yuri isekai. The lack of those is astonishing

No obvious incoming trends in that batch. Lots of ongoing stuff, the usual harems and romcoms, and the few popular isekai. Magic school battle harems seem to be on the decline.
Index isn't in the top 30 so maybe that's why we're finally getting season 3.
Past patterns are: everything that gets a huge anime bump will spawn imitators.

I use royalroadl. Gets decent webtraffic and its full of weebs so isekais get a decent following pretty quickly.

>I was cleaning grandpa's old revolver and I got teleported into a magic world; I'm bad at magic but it only takes a little creation/summon magic to make bullets
actually had to google it to see if it was a thing

I didnt know female MC stories could be good. From Maid to Mother is quite refreshing after reading NTR/betrayal and other edgy shit

Not joking, I would love to see a sports manga where everyone is playing an IRL-equivalent of an arena shooter like Quake. High-level Quake is full-on mindgames and territory control instead of twitch shooting as people might think, manga should be perfect for depicting that.

>H-he could already predict where I was and moved slowly without making a sound just to sneak up on me?!
>Damn! It shouldn't be possible to make that bridge-to-rail jump!
>His rail accuracy is too good... guarding the rail spawn from him should be my first priority.

there's unironically a manga about in-depth Street Fighter 5 high-level tournaments

Attached: 041a087_10589-11jtncg.flfs[1].jpg (314x456, 36K)

At first I didn't like this one. But the battle with the harpies showed a more realistic sense of this genre. I liked the realisation of hopelessness and he knowing that he fucked up and learning from it.

Your bird mount has turned into a loli, what do you do?
Stroke her head

Attached: 1520024822353.jpg (836x1200, 475K)

Nah, he learned the language.

He didn't. He turned on the auto-translator.

It's because in that world's setting, people who have no mana are called stupid, regardless of actual ability.

That was only one way.
The girl gave him a book to learn the language. In later chapters he could speak and they could understand him.

filolial role play

Kumo isn't bad, but slime is still better.

for powertrip isekai, I prefer Kumo by far, to be desu, despite all those annoying pannels (if not chapters) spent on useless skill lists and wiki

Her turn to mount me?

Attached: 1467861839377.png (915x515, 391K)

Future part aside, average abilities hits pretty close.

You can't be successful unless your Asian.
The western market is too dominated by old fuckers that won't license fun wishfulfillment, only boring, bland shit.

She tried to /mount/ naofumi in another timeline.

Its all about that self publishing on amazon user. You can write anything you want and if you're lucky it'll sell well.

>The western market is too dominated by old fuckers that won't license fun wishfulfillment
>Ready Player One

Pretty sure you can throw anything on Amazon.

Nice.

Attached: 1453487650417.jpg (445x211, 39K)

I still can't get over the fact that despite being in one of the top teams in his FPS, he still doesn't know deflection shooting. he has to rely on his super AA rifle to get shots in.

Attached: 001.png (1445x2048, 1.01M)

what are you saying?
that's what's he's doing. he's using iron sights.

>Gonna face a shitload of flying enemies
>1000's of modern firearm's in his arsenal
>Skips the heavy machine guns and semi-autos
>Selects a WW2 bolt-action rifle

I get that if he picked a better gun he'd never learned his lesson that the world isn't his FPS game and he cant fuck around but man that retarded decision makes his whole character look stupid.

What if the next trend is magical girls?

>Uses AA mode to lead and fire
>Hurf durf why isn't he leading

That's the point. He chose to converse his CP over the lives of others and it cost him the party.

there was a whole thing about him running an ammo deficit shooting small fry.
at least read the text if you're going to complain about it.