I've come in expecting to dislike this show because at first it only came off like a shonen mech anime with an overly...

I've come in expecting to dislike this show because at first it only came off like a shonen mech anime with an overly abundant amount of innuendos but I kept watching in hopes it would calm down
But over time, I started enjoying it for another reason. Not the characters or themes but the mysterious world. The Garden, the city, adults, all of that sprinkled mystery that gave me vibes I havent felt since Shin Sekai Yori.

Let's have a lore and theory thread!

Attached: lizardwife.jpg (1200x675, 83K)

Let's just talk about her feet instead.

You're the reason why we can't discuss things on this board

hiro is an annoying faggot. beta soft-spoken male mcs are the worstt

>sprinkled mystery that gave me vibes I havent felt since Shin Sekai Yori.
Not really. The world building seems lazy and they can't use subtleness to explain it. SSY was way better

>The world building seems lazy

This. Interesting idea with shit execution.

Attached: 1522002640913.png (800x1200, 1.17M)

Why is the sweet fuck do you fucking retards watch shows you expect you're going to hate? I guess it's good you came around but fuck if I'll ever understand that way of thinking.

Anyways. There are still parts of me that want them to drop some exposition here and there about certain things but I'm liking how they've treated a lot of the lore and world building the same way From Software treats their games. At least that's how it looks at this point. They don't shove it in your face but the give you enough through use of symbolism and metaphor that if you dig into it you can figure it out for yourself.

Yeah what the hell. Zoromes episode tried to expunge a little bit but it really made no sense or it was dialed back for heavy foreshadowing purposes. Who are those old people? Why are they partners? why is one of them in a happy machine? If its been implied that parasites don't get old then how did they? Why did zorome feel like he knew her?

Attached: 1521990216250.jpg (764x1200, 521K)

I'm probably a brainlet so I'm not catching on the symbolism other than piloting a franxx = fucking.

Attached: 1521994700556.png (700x993, 139K)

>all of that sprinkled mystery that gave me vibes I havent felt since Shin Sekai Yori.
spoilers: the klaxo are defending their territory from the invading humans that want to use the magma to live forever.

that's it.

Attached: symbolism.jpg (2427x2819, 1.08M)

>prefers screeching mc like in black clover

What mystery? Every time they’ve hinted towards mystery they solve it in the stupidest way (see 3 rides Hiro dies, oh wait power of love).

>that gave me vibes I havent felt since Shin Sekai Yori.

I felt the same exact way Shin Sekai Yori is A1 best anime in my opinion so we can only hope DitF will be as good

well shit, I guess I underestimate most anime. Whenever I watch movies I usually pay careful attention because I assume, there are no such things as wasted shots but lately with tv animations I don't put that level of care. Seems I was wrong not to, although, I don't quite see the shadow in the first picture there. It just seems like the other side of her coat.

tilt your monitor. looks like this.

Attached: 1520698713774.png (1800x2490, 889K)

here's the full version of the normal too.

Attached: 1517250497736.jpg (776x1097, 148K)

The shattered motif is actually curiously unifying.

Is it as simple as a broken man sharing affection with a broken monster?

This desu

anyone know what the klaxo in klaxosaur means?
only thing i could find was klaxon: a loud, sharp scream

IIRC in the japanese, it's a pun on their word for Dinosaur. You can read it to mean the extinct reptiles, but the word also can be "misread" as "Sound Lizard"

If they wanted to try to preserve the wordplay, they'd probably have called them "Dynasaurs"

Correction:

Might have been "Screaming Lizard". Not nearly good enough with my Japanese to find the information myself.

My guess is that over time in the future, people became so weak due to modern medicine healing every malidity that they had to close themselves off in tiny domes to prevent sickness. Parasites are maintained by a separate class of human that have not reached the same level of evolution as the others and are needed to interact with the outside world.

The only big question is this: what is allowing the adults to hold power if the parasites afterall maintain a grip on actual physical force? Is it something to do with what they are mining?

>non waifu thread
>max 20 replies
fuck this board

How come nobody mentions or talks about the horn coming out of Hiro's head?

Attached: 1486688091138.png (500x500, 192K)

Information control is king. The kids have their power framed as a obligation and duty to their adult overlords. They keep them in the dark enough that they can't piece together the puzzle before they're "retired".

>The only big question is this: what is allowing the adults to hold power if the parasites afterall maintain a grip on actual physical force? Is it something to do with what they are mining?
Simple, they are kids who are molded solely to perform the job of defense and are given the incentive of papa's praise. They are terminated before they reach a proper age and new ones are introduced into the fold oblivious to what came before them and ready to fight for papa's favor.

What horns?

But at the same time...some of them must be aware of what's coming. The older group during the plantation kissing episode "knew" what happens when they grow up, but kept silent when Dennis the menace asked them about it.

If I knew I was facing death, I'd think I'd do something about it (well I'd probably be too lazy but statistically one group probably would have).

>What horns?
There's a horn sticking out of his head.
I haven't seen a single post discussing it.

Attached: Horny.png (338x344, 72K)

Kokoro motivates me to lose weight

How? The most damage they can manage is if they manage to utterly convince their partner to turncoat during a sortie, then manage to avoid or convince the rest of their team: Make it outside the plantation's range on the fuel they have in their FXX or somehow decapitate the administration without crippling the production systems.

It's a pile of bullshit with little to no payoff. Unless you have a serious opportunity, you sit there and bide your time.

And one day, you fall sick and get sent to the garden for your critical illness... and that's it for you.

I just assumed it was hair. There are some theories that he has some connection to "monsters" so maybe that's a hint in that direction. Personally, I think he has a connection to 02 from the time he was young, forming a bond with her at a young age while she was still a ugly monster/demon...and then got mind wiped.

tl;dr
>I'm a baiting baiting
Giveaway:
>"I used to be/was expecting but actually"

Yeah good point. I guess the franxx were designed to be piloted by two people because its a lot harder to have two people go rouge at the same time then just one.

Does anyone have any speculation as to what the energy source they use is for and how it connects with the klaxausers?

So, how often do you think the kids are being "maintenanced"?

Kokoro is going to give birth to a happy, healthy brood of klaxosaurs.

Attached: 1513172808942.jpg (1000x1000, 112K)

I think the Maintenence is a new thing. They're obviously being medically monitored at least weekly (Enough time to give FranXX useful samples from Hiro, but not often enough to catch his Klaxosaur tumor).

It's probably more along the lines of testing and conditioning them for loyalty and stability than anything else. If they had enough pilots, they'd clearly select only the most gungho and cool-aid chugging among them, but you don't need that if you can modify their memories.

KEK

>It's something energetic and a bit silly but intellectual
What did Nishigori mean by this?

Attached: 1518268783042.jpg (240x240, 13K)