What in the fuck is this shit? No actually what is this? A shounen? What a clusterfuck jesus christ

What in the fuck is this shit? No actually what is this? A shounen? What a clusterfuck jesus christ

Attached: file.png (1536x2048, 1.71M)

my brain as I read hxh'

>Multiple Panels Dedicated to words only

>manga

O MY LAZY MANGAKA

>Togashi isn't able to show instead of tell
What a surprise.

Exam and Yorkshin had the best paneling.

Attached: hxh compare.png (1546x1144, 1.36M)

>mangastream
You can only blame yourself.

HxH died after CA.

Wow, what a hack

nice book, op

It's to focus on how the character over-analyzes, peabrain.

This is the actual answer, the mangastream translation is like the increased verbose version of the viz one.

Better for a manga actually explain what's happening than force readers to resort to a flowchart to understand events.

Attached: wholecakeisland nutshell.jpg (255x246, 37K)

>but too much words!

Attached: 1518759816448.jpg (850x1230, 383K)

That's what you call a light novel

And. Every. Goddamn. Page. Is. Just. Like. That! Words, woeds, words! It's like he cant even draw and just puts words in there so he dont have to draw. I just want to see good action, not this bullshit. And Sup Forums thinks this good and deep because wordswordswords.

>m-mommy, too many words make my brain hurt bawww

>Brainlets actually think that forgoing the concepts/art of panelling, "show don't tell", and pacing makes for a "thinking man's" series

Attached: 1509640779858.png (545x395, 140K)

Alot of you barely understand when show don't tell is even applicable. How do you show a character's inner monologue and thought process through just pictures? Death Note wouldn't even exist if we followed the example of current Sup Forums's writing class rejects

WAAHHHH MOMMY TO MANYI WORDIES

I always liked when he made some chart with description of card in GI arc, and it was like 4 consecutive pages of these charts with no single drawing. He's a madman.

>. How do you show a character's inner monologue and thought process through just pictures?
By using panelling or visual metaphors to keep things interesting

Attached: Devilman VM.jpg (1553x1208, 172K)

Attached: Sinbad.png (1648x1200, 503K)

mangastream is shit

That's not really doable for the volume of information conveyed in OP's pic.

And you are aware that all depends on the context of the story being told, right?

Attached: hxh28-gon-hunter.jpg (600x400, 84K)

Is this the new "turkey page" for you shitposters ?
also
>niggerstream

I'm aware that Togashi wrote himself into a corner. At the very least, if he was a competent artist he could depict a greater range of character designs and expressions, backgrounds, and pace the information more smoothly to keep a mess like that page from ever happen.

There's a way to balance visuals and a bunch of text without just doing the Tim Buckley method of letting the speech bubbles be an excuse to not draw. Death Note had a lot of dialogue but it didn't skimp on the visuals for the sake of it. Togashi is just lazy.

If that were textfree, would any of you understand what the author is trying to convey exactly?

Why are you comparing a detective manga to shonen shit?

i wouldnt mind about this amount of text if the text had some actual meaningfull information, but most of the time is so fucking unnecessary, its just text for the aske of it, like in the recent chapters that we got ANOTHER nen explanation for the nth time, serisuly its so fucking redundant most of the time and feels like filler, thats why its annoying and off putting, not because lmuhbrainlet cant read adhd kid xdd like huntards belive.

>hasn't read CA

Attached: HunterxHunter V27 - Page 29.jpg (1634x1200, 1.4M)

Death Note also had plenty of empty panels to allow for more of said dialogue

Of course not, the page paces its information with its visuals to keep things balanced, it doesn't throw a wall of text at your face with minimal art like HxH often does

>I'm aware that Togashi wrote himself into a corner.
Not really, Togashi wrote himself exactly where he wants to be, in the middle of a complex system of his own design.
See pic related for an earlier example.
Even more words and no pictures at all.

If he want to convey info without words he can do it, as seen herebut when there's lots of rules to your complex system and characters are having to process those rules and go over the logic behind why they take certain actions, it's going to take lots of text if you don't want to gloss over it.

Attached: card1.png (753x1100, 75K)

These nen powers have really ridiculous limitations that it borders as plot devices.

Because they're both shounen and published in the same mag?
But did you read the manga to understand what that page meant or just merely judge a subpar translation ?

You have five seconds to post a HxH page with minimal or no dialogue.

Because Death Note is shonen shit. Am I missing something here?

You can see the difference between the reader being privy to this information and the characters using this bargaining chip for a momentary cease fire, right?

Attached: hunter-x-hunter-5009975.jpg (1200x888, 368K)

that was easy

Attached: 0339-007.jpg (1066x1600, 310K)

What the fuck is the plot of HxH? I lost interest after the reality warping trap appeared.

Attached: hunter_x_hunter_101_1.jpg (706x1122, 120K)

Attached: 2.jpg (604x920, 164K)

Why does HxH trigger brainlets so much?

yes and?

Attached: 268_The_King.png (1606x1200, 415K)

>See pic related for an earlier example.
I know, I think that page is shit too.
> it's going to take lots of text if you don't want to gloss over it.
It will but that doesn't mean you have to portray it in a manner as dry and dull as Togashi does. Magi is a good example since it loves to infodump but often uses fun visuals to keep things alive and engaging.

>But did you read the manga to understand what that page meant or just merely judge a subpar translation ?
I'm well aware that Viz translations significantly cut down the dialogue but it doesn't change Togashi's dry approach to lazily infodumping information.

Attached: Magi.png (821x1200, 436K)

It's a famous one.

Attached: 1355718741089.png (1654x1248, 477K)

because their pet shit series is racing into a redlight and they need to pick on something better to ease their anxiety

This one is actually pretty important.

Attached: HunterxHunter V32 - Page 52.jpg (902x1300, 202K)

When did HxH become Toriko?

B-BUT TOGASHI CAN DO NO WRONG

Toriko has a more interesting world than Faggot x Faggot.

perfect examples that togashi can perfectly do show not tell but chooses not too because he is a hack, any of these pages have more meaning and weight than entire text-heavy chapters

Beyond Netero, son of the former Hunter chairman, is leading an expedition to the DC. The Kakin empire sponsored him via a loophole in the V5 system. A team of hunters loyal to Beyond are on another boat (current whereabouts unknown) while the whale is heading to the new continent (a fake DC) as a distraction to keep the public from knowing the real DC. Meanwhile the Kakin empire is leading a succession war for the 14 princes where each prince has a nen beast that has powers not directly controlled by the user which makes gaining nen easier. Kurapika fucked up and spilled the secret of nen, making him suddenly appear to be a genius for causing a stalemate. Kurapika is now teaching nen with an absurdly fast deadline while a killer is picking off people around Prince 14. Meanwhile Hisoka is on the boat, along with the phantom troupe. They both want to kill each other. There are also 3 crime families that have ties to princes on the higher floors, lead by illigitimate children of the king. They also want Hisoka so they can get the troupe in their favor. In addition, the zodiacs are in various parts of the boat trying to maintain order (and largely failing) The next banquet will likely be a bloodbath that will simplify things substantially

Attached: gon.jpg (719x1080, 266K)

here's another one since you said minimal dialogue

Attached: 0101-009.jpg (1066x1600, 185K)

Shit like this is why I hate the Greed Island arc. Might as well not exist in the series and have any of the important stuff that happened in it reappropriated into another less egregious arc.

Sounds pretty boring.

One more
So you didn't understand the implication of excessive analyzing of the characters on that page but chose to shitpost instead? Okay.

Attached: 097.png (631x1024, 237K)

>perfect examples that togashi can perfectly do show not tell but chooses not too
If he chooses not to, then why are there so many perfect examples of him doing it?

Attached: 1314326278_11_1339_009.jpg (1024x734, 182K)

Attached: pupper.jpg (666x1000, 173K)

Toriko's expository dialogue was always to tell you more about the world and build up exorbitant amounts of insane hype. In HxH it all feels like a ton of needless padding that never gets any payoff. It got to a point for me where it just wasn't worth following anymore, especially with all the hiatuses.

Attached: HunterxHunter V25 - Page 144.jpg (1600x1200, 530K)

It isn't brainlet/shonenfag friendly by any metric. Fortunately

And you still fail to understand where and where it applies and when it doesn't.

Call it it a necessary evil if you will but the amount of info and subterfuge in this arc is staggeringly high and it's easy to copout and force the reader to figure it out for themselves, it just means there wasn't much thought put into it in the first place.

Attached: HxH_c368_p11.jpg (784x1145, 214K)

>It got to a point for me where it just wasn't worth following anymore
It's not like people will miss you. Just leave please.

Hunter x Hunter puts me to sleep and I read the entire Cetology chapter of Moby Dick

Too much text.

Attached: HunterXHunter V3 - Page 74.jpg (1043x1600, 305K)

Must be weird fliping through your shounen jump and landing on a page like that.

Attached: 1401360196698.png (850x1400, 144K)

>bottom left
was it rape?

One from the current arc.

Attached: h35810-11.png (1788x1300, 534K)

Its even more brutal when you find he uses real world references for those panels

Attached: mathishard.png (376x134, 49K)

Seen edgier in Wan Piss

Attached: Hunter X Hunter v33 (2017) (F) (Digital) (LuCaZ)_Hunter x Hunter - c345 (v33) - p089 [Digital] [LuCa (1400x2100, 1.39M)

No user the world is just more interesting than Queer x Queer I felt so bored watching the anime.

Like what?

Apparently the idea of apples and oranges is foreign to some. Imagine that.

The text-heavy parts aren't meant to convey emotion, they're here to show the characters forming strategies and analizing their situation, to make the reader understand why and how they will react to what's happening.

>watching the anime

Just show the violence.

Of course. We only handle abominations here.

Attached: 341-007.png (1600x1148, 1.56M)

>Togashi does whatever he wants and this is cool
In fact, too much freedom for a mainstream magazine author is not always a positive thing, you know? Togashi understands storytelling very well, but he also likes to explain his ideas too much not because it is necessary, but because he likes it. And that's a problem.

He still hasn't recovered from his back pain?

Same can be applied to you
>I like shitposting not because I know what I'm talking about but because I like it (and it's easier than doing something else)

had enough?

Attached: 0315-009.jpg (1066x1600, 352K)

>too much freedom for a mainstream magazine author is not always a positive thing, you know?
Togashi is probably the only one allowed this much freedom anyway, I don't think you can make a blanket statement like that.

>I can feel like an intellectual when reading this boring comic for kids.
I hate hxhfags so much.

Criticizing a negative aspect of manga is now shitposting? Stop being so defensive, my friend. Togashi is already married.
But that's the point, he has too much freedom, it's as if he's only in the magazine for contractual reasons.

He owns the I.P to HxH plus he's filthy stinking rich so he's basically a free agent.

it's mutual, there's the door brainlet

burainlets can keepu uppu

Attached: rare long hair togashi.jpg (344x400, 24K)

See, you can't tell my implied message without me typing outrightly : you're dedicated to pass your opinions as facts in shitposting style just as much as Togashi's dedicated to his own style of storytelling.
Now one is more successful than the other and has fans trying to make decent criticisms, what do you think about that?
>Togashi is already married.
Yes and ?

If you want to feel intelligent or mature, go read actual books, not shonen manga.

>But that's the point, he has too much freedom, it's as if he's only in the magazine for contractual reasons.
He's in a unique position thanks to his relationship with Shonen Jump over the years. I say let him make the best of the freedom he's earned. No one wants a repeat of what happened with YYH.

Imagine these people reading watchmen