Just caught up with this and damn it's good. Wasn't expecting a weekly shounen series to be this good...

Just caught up with this and damn it's good. Wasn't expecting a weekly shounen series to be this good. It's like the cast of Akagi, Liar Game, Death Note, and Ender's Game are playing a game together. What does Sup Forums think?

Attached: the_promised_neverland.jpg (196x293, 14K)

it's shit

Attached: constanze_gun.png (230x343, 103K)

I think it's great. I hope it gets an adaptation soon

It's good, but i see signals of it going to the shitter soon, if it hasn't already.

Quality has certainly declined after they got out of the orphanage, but I wasn't expecting the quality to stay that high the entire way. It's kind of turned from this psychological cat-and-mouse game into more of an adventure story, and I would've preferred the former, but it's still great. The current hunting arc is also a return to form. It's my second favorite after the first arc.

Full of asspulls, lame characterization, mary sues and gary stus.

Yep, great series.

there are very few asspulls. The manga goes into explicit detail about almost everything that happens. The only asspul are those 2 demons that save the kids in the forest

Characterization is solid. Just because the kids are hyper geniuses doesn't make them gary/mary stus, and the fact you misuse the term so grossly shows me you are stupid

>The current hunting arc is also a return to form.
No, it's not. The first arc was interesting because it was centered on only four characters (Emma, Ray, Norman and Mama) and we didn't know what they were capable of. There was tension. Now, we have a bunch of chapters centered on a bunch of nobodies and it's clear that no matter what happens, Emma and Ray will take a keikaku from their asses at the last moment and save themselves. That feeling that the characters could be fucked at any moment was gone.

>Emma and Ray will take a keikaku from their asses at the last moment and save themselves
Of course. Is this the first kind of manga you've read of this genre? When you read Akagi/Liar Game/One Outs/Kakegurui etc. it's a given that the protagonist will win. The interesting thing is figuring out HOW they win.

In the current hunting arc, it's a given that Ray and Emma will survive, and I'm also almost certain a few of the no-name kids will die to up the stakes. But that's fine, because it's all a given. I'm reading to find out HOW it will happen.

>there are very few asspulls. The manga goes into explicit detail about almost everything that happens. The only asspul are those 2 demons that save the kids in the forest
what?? what about ray have set fire to himself? what about they know about the bomb in the shelter? and don't even get me started with emma making an adult man with a gun faint with a speech.
>Characterization is solid.
what we know about them besides that they want to escape? nothing.
>Just because the kids are hyper geniuses doesn't make them gary/mary stu
just because they are geniuses does not mean that everything has to be easy for them. and it is (see the examples above).
>and the fact you misuse the term so grossly shows me you are stupid
i'm stupid? you compared the series with akagi.

>everything is easy for them
what the fuck am I reading. Did we even read the same series

>The interesting thing is figuring out HOW they win.
There's no way to guess how the Neverland characters will win because it's always random without proper foreshadowing. For example, in the later chapters they beat some demons because they had a perfect weapon for it.

So if in the next chapter Lewis is ready to kill Emma, she can simply say "a-ha, I build a laser gun that's pointed at your head. you lost!".

That's HOW The Promised Neverland works.

>Did we even read the same series
did you?

I didn't find that to be an asspull at all. I had already predicted the demons would have a way to make the children's guns worthless, because there's no way they would give children real weapons that can kill them. And the children who've been planning the revolt for literal years would surely have a way to bypass that. Maybe you just need to use your brain a bit more, this ain't your Naruto

Reminder that ray x Emma is endgame with Norman becoming the antagonist

I find the romance to be the least interesting part of this manga.

I think you do not realize it's an asspull precisely because you lack a brain. It does not matter if they SAID they have planned for years or not, if the perfect solution to the conflict is magically thrown into the story without properly foreshadowing = asspull.

>I'm literally too stupid to understand this series

>The only asspul are those 2 demons that save the kids in the forest

>Ray magically remembered all his past and was magically saved from his self-immolation
>The little children were magically convinced that they had to escape
>Phil magically knew the whole plan
>Emma magically knew of the bomb in the shelter
>The new group magically had the perfect weapon to destroy the demons

And this idiot thinks that the only asspull of the story was when Sung-Joo and Musica save the kids in the forest (which, btw, is not an asspull).

Holy shit, Neverlandfags are dumb like a door. No wonder why the series is successful. It's easy to fool idiots.

they literally explained all that shit often well in advance

holy fuck you're dumb. Literally too stupid to understand the series.

>they literally explained all that shit often well in advance
They explain only after it happens. Convenient, don't you think?

Now go do your homework. If you repeat the sixth grade again, Mommy and Daddy will get mad at you.

the little kids knowing the plan was heavily foreshadowed as early as the first few chapters. It's hilarious seeing a retard call others stupid

>the little kids knowing the plan was heavily foreshadowed as early as the first few chapters.
Please, please, show me this HEAVY foreshadowing.

Emma's plan was to get everyone out, and her desire to save EVERYONE was brought up time and time again and was a central conflict between her and the more pragmatic Ray. Holy fucking shit you're dumb

the start it's stellar, but then it slkows down and now it's turning into an action shounen, but I hope that to be over for a while after the current arc ends.

Attached: 1494602423711.png (1758x1600, 784K)

That's HEAVY foreshadowing for you? Do you really know what foreshadowing is?

I know Emma wanted to save everyone. What I want to see is the foreshawing of her convincing the kids. Got it? I want to see the action. We did not see foreshadowing of the action, what we saw was the kids already convinced about everything and a brief flashback and a narration explaining how it happened.

The solution they gave was simple, elegant, and effective. You don't need a giant flashing sign for every single plot point lmao. You knew their ultimate goal, you knew what tools they had to work with, and given some time, their plan was something any smart person (clearly not you) could come up with. Excessive foreshadowing like you want is just pandering to idiots.

I'll say this again: this manga is too intelligent for you. There ARE several stupid plot points, but you've yet to point out any of them.

What is all this autism?

>The solution they gave was simple, elegant, and effective.
and convenient AS FUCK. All the solutions in this series are made offscreen. Unfortunately you are too dumb to realize and confuse that with smart writing.
>There ARE several stupid plot points, but you've yet to point out any of them.
I've already pointed them, but I think you don't have a memory as convenient as Ray's.

is this your first neverland thread?

what the fuck do you mean it's convenient as fuck? I already said it's a simple, elegant solution. Do you think only absurdly complex solutions that require 10 chapters of explanation are the only good ones? My god you are dense as a brick

Not him but I check out the threads and they're pretty cozy compared to this.

I only check out the ones when a chapter releases. Usually they're pretty nice.

Yeah well, offchapter threads are usually like this, sadly.

I appreciate Jump trying with this thriller/adventure story but the execution is naff.

Also the art is really bad most of the time, disguised by some nice CPs

There is one user who does nothing but complain about the series in the threads. We have physical evidence of him admitting he was going to drop the series, but he never did it, so usually we either laugh at him or ignore him. It's not like it's hard identify his posts.

Sucks. Gotta remember to avoid them, then.

Don't worry, when the kids are magically saved in the next chapter by a gun or keikaku that no one knew, you'll understand what the word convenient means (but will probably use " simple and elegant" as an excuse because of your faggism).

Now go back to your homework.

Oh yeah, I've seen that. People seem to ignore it for the most part though.

go back to your naruto lmao, this is clearly too high-IQ for you

Smart move.

At least this retard is keeping the thread alive. All you dumbasses complaining about shitposting aren't discussing jack shit and you're just shitposting yourselves. If you care so much about the quality of discussion, why not come up with some yourself instead of complaining about the lack of it? I literally caught up with the series today and just want to talk about it

Attached: lan_reading_shitposts.png (290x350, 91K)

If you want to discuss it then wait for chapter threads. Someone will likely make one on Friday when gook scans come out. Those threads are actually pretty nice and I'm sure you'll probably enjoy it more than two guys shitflinging at each other.

what the fuck is there to discuss until a chapter is out?

Threads when there is no chapter just always end up like this. Keeping to actual schedule benefits everyone.

literally anything

Nothing. That is the problem with Sup Forums right now. THey want to have threads alive all the fucking time. Generals need to die.

Let's talk about ACTUAL dumb plot points:

>niggress just happens to get the pen that's the key to the children surviving in the wild
>deus ex machina outlaw demons saving the kids at the last minute, infodumping, then are never heard of again
>Unnamed senpai not realizing the "blowing ourselves up" is a huge, incredibly transparent bluff