How do you feel about the steam Controller?

How do you feel about the steam Controller?
youtube.com/watch?v=ZSBgw00g44A

Steam Controller has no drivers

PeanutButterGamer got buff since his last sex tape..

>no colostomy bag

Pretty nice. I've only really used it for dark souls 3 so far though, took a while to set up to where I liked it.

Doesn't work if steam's not open which sucks, and some games have trouble with steam overlay which means those games won't work with steam controller.

Also A and X buttons are a bit farther than they need to be and so not quite so comfy to reach. Probably could be fixed by raising the A & X buttons.
And the bumpers are a bit too high and protrude a bit too far for me.

Also you need to use big picture mode to properly edit the steam controller options.

Other than that, really nice

lol

good and bad
Its something that they need to work on perfecting
but as it is, its a perfectly good controller once you get used to it

Biggest problems are its a little big, and i have tiny hands, Its a little too clicky at times, and it needs a real desktop mode where you can change the settings and everything.

Cheap plastic piece of trash
triggers are garbage tier also

I just bought one. It's fucking horrible.

It's like trying to play an FPS with a laptop touchpad.

I'm most likely going to return it.

>track pads
>FPS without a mouse in general
what were you expecting, seems like most of the people who dislike it play it with games that it wasnt made for,

Biggest problem is that it will not replace any controller, it will only be there for games you want to have one but dont have support

>le wasn't made for FPS meme

Show me one article or news source straight from valve where they say "this controller is not for FPS"

You can't. They marketed it by showing people playing TF2 and portal. Its shit for both of those games.

sauce

Have you used it recently? They patched it so you don't need steam for it to work.

It's pretty much solely made for shooters, dipshit. The whole selling point is you can play games competitively you can't with joysticks. No one's buying these to play Total War.

>mfw bought mine to play total war
>mfw its absolutely horrible for fps and total war

time to return this thing

ask boogie

>my thumb can be as accurate as my whole fucking arm

What were you seriously expecting

The funniest bit is after it released, everyone tried to make it work by using the gyro, something Valve clearly didn't test thoroughly since they barely mentioned it showing they clearly lacked testing for it.

Otherwise, it's a decent alternative to a gamepad with shitloads of customization. Seeing the games you can get working for it is fun. Works best with platformers and top down shooters.

>what was I expecting

Something on par with a joystick. Those were my expectations and I think that's pretty reasonable.

It's a thousand times shittier than a joystick for FPS.

some games just don't even work with it at all.
I tried to play a lego game, assuming that it would be a nice, easy way to easy myself into the controller, but it doesn't work with that game.

I'm playing through portal 2 and it's pretty decent for that, I'm going to try a few other games before I make my final decision.

I think I'll just stick with a 360 controller.

literally the only game I can see it being good for is civilization 5

but why would you want to blow $50 so you can play civ 5 on your TV?

Is it really terrible or are you just too much of a goofball to understand the basic truth that every control method you aren't used to will feel terrible?

It's great for any game that uses a controller. I got mine with ds3 and got every acheivement with it. I like it better than my old controller. I've been playing morrowind with it too which works great because it didn't have controller support.

best controller out there

that's pretty sad

Couldnt you link a proper review video and not this human experiment that proves obesity never killed anyone?

it's just fine

Best controller currently available desu.

Imagine trying to maintain an erection while that was driving past you

How can people watch shit like this? This repulsive piece of human waste has 3 million subs, jesus christ.

>It's a thousand times shittier than a joystick for FPS
>there are people that actually believe this

I have my Steam Controller for a while now and love it.

>Pretty nice. I've only really used it for dark souls 3 so far though, took a while to set up to where I liked it.
Yes I agree Dark Souls 3 worked very well if you tweaked the From Software settings a bit.

>Doesn't work if steam's not open which sucks
I dont know about it not working when Steam is not open because I use Steam as my facebook replacement since I only have nerd friends anyways.

>some games have trouble with steam overlay which means those games won't work with steam controller.
While its true some games have trouble with the Steam overlay you can still just alt+tab out and right click on the game on your library and confirgue the SC from there on, or just download a config from steamcontrollerdb.com

>Also A and X buttons are a bit farther than they need to be and so not quite so comfy to reach. Probably could be fixed by raising the A & X buttons.
I agree, I hate using the XYBA buttons on the SC, thats why I always rebind them, for example on Witcher 3 I have bound heavy and quick attack to R1 & R2.

>And the bumpers are a bit too high and protrude a bit too far for me.
I can understand that but it doesnt bother me at all.

>Also you need to use big picture mode to properly edit the steam controller options.
Not anymore, you can just normally start your game and when you press Home button on your SC a Big Picture esque overlay opens and lets you normally configure it

Thank you for reading

It's shit and if it was made by mad catz and not valve everyone would agree it was shit.

>if

What are you implying?