You going to buy it?

You going to buy it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u5YJsMaT_AE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

probably

Nope because Polaris is still a thing.

I'll buy the 1070.

Not until the ti, but probably going to wait for whatever is next.

Yep, I'm getting a 1080 and probably a 6700k.
Doubt AMD is gonna release anything faster with Polaris and I don't want to wait another 9 months for Vega/GP100.

I'm more curious to see what the 1070 has to offer.

Either way, i'm not buying.

Aww man, and I just bought the 970

Absolutely, even though i just bought a 980 ti 3 months ago

I have a 970 (yeah I know memecard) but it plays almost everything on the highest settings at 1080p and I imagine that it still going to be case for another 2 years or so. I'll definitely won't upgrade this year, I'll start considering next year.

Damn I'd rock that 980 til 2018 if it was me it's not like we'll see anything really using that power for a while.

better performance than a Titan, and really cheap. the amount of doller performance ration with the 1070 is going to be best this year easily. AMD is probally going to be more expensive, thanks to HBM this year for them. nvidia is imo doing the smart thing in sticking to better performance GDDR5.

I suspect amd cards are going to be at least 100$ more than the 1070/80 respectivly.

as for the OP, I'm replacing my 970 with a 1080. can't wait to destory every game out right now.

>ikr
>yfw you bought a 980Ti that was on sale for 590€ a month ago

no i m por

Still better price/performance ratio than 1080

not really, you must be blind user. 1080 is cheaper, and gives farr better performance than the 980TI does.

the 980 TI is just a terrible card now thanks to the 1080, it's the best card that is really on the radar right now.

No, there's no point till I don't get satisfactory performance out of my 760 and even than I'll go for something under $300

I'm not sure if I'll go for the 1080 or 1070. A year from now we'll probably get the TI variants that will probably have HBM2. I'm not sure how much of a benefit that will be for games compared to DDR5 or DDR5X. In any case I was impressed with what their conference showed with the cards.

>founders edition
>preordering video cards
>No game is even TESTING top end cards now

Is this the most meme card yet

There are incredibly few games that warrant the purchase.

And when I say incredibly few, I mean none.

I'll either buy a 1070 or I'll wait for a 970 price drop and I'll buy that one instead

Im just going to keep adding 750ti's into my closet-sized computer.

at this moment only if you want to play on 4k, VR, or at 120+ fps and some of that stuff is already feasible with current HW

nvidia marketing at it's best, thousands of console babies who's first videocard was 970 and their fanatical brand loyalty
it's perfect move from business stand point

The new cards are great, the real wait is for my ideal monitor

If their performance claims hold up to the benchmarks once it's released, yes.

I have two computers, one with a 670, and another with a 650ti. So it's time I finally upgrade them so I'll probably get 1070 for each. I want to see benchmarks first though

no, im waiting untill i decide to buy a VR headset then i will buy the most relevant card at that time

top kek, we only have Nvidia's bullshit stats to work with and their MUH VR meme

you can try out $5k OLED Dell

>$0.10 has been deposited into your account

I'm honestly perfectly content with my 960

Probably gonna wait for 1180 Ti or whatever.

Relatively affordable 3440x1440 144hz IPS/VA g-sync pls

Probably.

I'm still running a 680 and really need to upgrade at this point.

I'll probably grab the 1080 then trade up to a 1080TI when that comes out.

Someone tell me if I should trade in my 980 Ti for a 1080.

Nah gonnna stick with my 290x and wait to see what the market looks like in July.

No. You are literally paying a $600 yearly subscription to nvidia if you do shit like that. For an incremental improvement, no less.

If you can do it without losing much money, then why not? Though right now I dont see much of a reason. That card can handle pretty much anything.

>Damn I'd rock that 980 til 2018

After the inevitable driver gimping you'll be lucky if a 980ti outpaces a 390x.

Oh wait...

I haven't upgraded since my 4850, and I will be goddamned if I'm about to start now!

I'd be able to get the 1080 for about £200 after trading in. I haven't seen too many numbers yet on how it compares to the 980 Ti though.

DELETE THIS

Probably only marginally better then the Ti. Buying another 980Ti might be a better idea, once their price starts collapsing.

Hey, pascal won't be gimped next year when volta drop r-r-right?

nvidia's vague stats claim that the 1080 will perform 20-25% better than a titan X and the titan X performs slightly better than a 980ti. Take from that what you will.

Play nintendo

That fucking game. It looks like Supreme Commander with a new coat of paint, yet brings the best machines to their knees. Ay gevalt.

Those are 4k results you realise.

it out performs it by a mile. the 1080 just squashes the 980TI.

1080 out performs the Titan X by around 15-20%, and the titan X out performs the 980TI.

>Hitman
Totally not an AMD optimized, Gaming Evolved title here. Not at all. A 100% impartial metric, just as Absolution was.

1080 is slower than the 980ti

Probably with AA on maximum too, even though at those resolutions its basically undetectable. I have a friend with a 970M who runs equally graphically impressive stuff at 4k, maxed out minus AA.

>the titan X out performs the 980TI.
By 1% and only if you compare a reference Titan X to a reference 980TI.

Literal bullshit.

no it isn't. it's faster. by a pretty good margin.

and this is all going by nvidias refrenced cards, not even coutning MSI/EVGA ETC. cards which are more than likely going to have an even higher base clock.

Source: AMD PR handbook

How about a 390x being 6fps behind a titan x?

How about Fury X being 13 fps behind 980Ti?

>1%
I can practically taste the AMD tears.

check it for yourself, the 1080 is ~15% improvement over the 980 and still slower than the 980ti while it's same price or more expensive depending on the "edition"

So far it's being implied that the "faster than a titan" performance is only for VR.

An over clocked 980ti.

What does that even mean? Vr ain't even that much more strenuous, even on my ghetto rigged setup.

>not buying a mid-high tier card and running games at max for 5 years

Nah I'm fine with my 770 still.
My brother is going to get 1070 for his pc though so I'll still be able to use it for vidya if I really need to

And? I distinctly remember the Fury was supposed to be an overclockers dream. Surely you can OC it just as well as the 980Ti.

Pascal has async compute, too, so all of AMD's meager advantages in dx12 will be removed when the new cards are out.

According to the likes of Buildzoid you can.

you really must be retaded user, let me put it this way.

the 980TI, is about 1% slower than the Titan x is.

the 1080 is around 15% faster than the titan X is.....

now please put down the keyboard and go back to nap time.

YOU ALREADY KNOW I AM OP! I CAN'T WAIT TO POP THIS BABY IN AND PLAY AMAZING GAMES AT 1440p @ 60+fps! SOME OF THE GAMES I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO THE MOST ARE

>Bloodborne
>Uncharted 4
>Ratchet & Clank
>Until Dawn
>inFamous Second Son
>Disgaea 5
>Persona 5
>FFXV
>Star Ocean 5
>Digimon Cybersleuth
>Nioh
>Gravity Rush 2
>Horizon Zero Dawn
>Driveclub
>The Last Guardian
>Wild

OH...WAIT

Was it the FuryX or the 290 that is the successor to the 480 in terms of sheer explosive power?

Exactly my dude.
I STILL got my i5 760 (ocd to 4ghz though)
and my GTX 770. Nothing I can't run maxed out yet.

>founders edition
>pre-ordering a card
>not waiting for non-ref
>not waiting for actual benchmarks
>not waiting for DX12

What the fuck is wrong with team green slaves. Don't you have any fucking sense. How hard is it to wait 2-3 months if that.

> Vr ain't even that much more strenuous
VR is VERY intense for PC. To keep the high resolution (two instances of 1080x1200) at high framerate (minimum 60FPS, upto 120 fps)

I am considering it. Just got the ability to buy a new gaming PC around 1500, was considering a 1070.

Still no idea what the fuck i am doing since i havent worked with desktop building for almost 10 years. Will be nice to play games again

The 290x runs slightly cooler than a 480, but the fury x is on par with factory overclocked 480's.

Non ref is the non founder edition. Also out on the 27th. Dx12 forces me to use Windows 10 so no thanks.

290x

youtube.com/watch?v=u5YJsMaT_AE

Fuck off, I just got off my i5 750 because it was holding me back in most games. My 770 still runs well but I'm not maxing games anymore. Do you have a 4GB card?

Pretty sure it meant in general as well. Just VR will be twice as good.

When is the release date for these things?

May 27 1080, June 10 1070

Im using some very sketchy programs to force side by side 3D in games that were never meant for it, and Im still maintaining 60fps in most of the stuff I try. Never tried an actual headset, so Im not really qualified to say whether 120fps really makes a difference, but Im not finding 60 to be at all vomit-inducing.

I don't know if we can really trust Nvidia's marketing anymore after the whole 970 thing.

The 1080 releases in a month, the 1070 releases this summer.

Founders edition is jsut a marketing ploy to cover the fact Nvidia have fuck all chips to actually sell to people. So they make up a snazzy phrase, up the cost and let early adopters eat it giving Nvidia time to have enough cards to ship to AIB's.

Non founder versions of the 1080 I suspect will be released later than polaris given the various dates of manufacture we have seen on demo units of both polaris and pascal.

>Do you have a 4GB card?
No, but I was getting stuttering issues until I upgraded to 8GB physical RAM from 4 though.

Shoulda got an aftermarket cooler for the CPU and went for the OC my man

i'm still using my i5 3750k oc to 4.4, do i need an upgrade?
what are you guys using atm?

So you don't actually have a headset? Of course you wouldn't notice framerate problems, those come from the head-tracking not aligning with what's being displayed properly.

>Shoulda got an aftermarket cooler for the CPU and went for the OC my man
I did. OC'd to 4ghz (because GTAV was literally unplayable otherwise), but it had been 6 years since my last complete build-up from the ground. My PSU died on me and I was worried that some of the other components might fail as well. So now I'm rocking a Skylake processor. I don't think I'm quite done with my 770, but not having that VRAM is really fucking over a lot of games for me, particularly if I want smooth 60fps.

I really want a 1070 but I feel like such a fool for wanting to buy a card on release.

Wait for Ti at least

I feel like if I were gonna upgrade from what I have now (i5-4670k, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 970) it would have to be a completely new system in service of a fancy new 1440p/144hz monitor. Hopefully by the time the 1080Ti shows up next year 4k monitors will be much better/affordable.

>$600 - $700

I have better things to buy with that much money.

Its cobbled together from old DK1 and 2 parts, which is probably why its not recognized as a real one and I gotta jump through hoops to get stuff working.