youtube.com/watch?v=qu6LMK9OT_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=wK3D7fYCFik
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>jew
>decide to pick up harvest moon
>go to town
>see that christian church
>tfw
I don't really care about this kinda stuff, but I still found it really weird that the game would be straight up christian. I mean, you could've just as easily used some generic symbol for the religion, it's not like it mattered

Not really video games, but....

>Obscene stories, foolish talk, and coarse jokes - these are illsuited for you. Instead, let there be thankfulness to God. [Ephesians 5:4]

>...Why do ye not rather take wrong? Why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded? Nay, ye do wrng, and defraud, and that your brethren. [1 Corinthians 6:7-8]

>For what glory is it, if, when buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable to God. [1 Peter 2:20]

>Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven; but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. [Matthew 5:19]

>game about small town farm life
>surprised there's a church

Jews really are evil

Why does a video game that takes place in a fictional world need to have real world religions? It's not like I would've liked it if the game had a synagogue or whatever

Leviticus 25:45

Jeremiah 17:5.

Romans 1:22

"Professing themselves wise, they became fools."

Ezekiel 23:20

"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."

I like mlp.

Austin 3:16 - I just whipped your ass

Roman 5:15 - I'm not a bad guy, I'm not a good guy, I'm the guy.

Harvest Moon people worship the harvest goddess.

>coarse jokes - these are illsuited for you

>christians are supposed to avoid racist jokes
Never knew that and I certainly wouldn't know that from their behavior.

>people who loudly call themselves christians
>actually behaving as christians
Wide highway, narrow gate, etc.

>being mad about the fact people have different religions
>using tfw with no face

At times like that i think Hitler was right

>atheists are the real christians
OH MY DAWKINS

Psalm 23:4

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. - John 13:34 KJV

Kind of hard to relate it to video games, though.

Trump 20:16
"Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Deport him, and you won't have to feed him or his anchor babies ever again."

Forgot to post
>Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

>being religious

Undertale is all about loving your enemies when it would be much easier to fight

How do you christians feel about SMT?

but it has gays in it and it's non-christian not to hate gays

Interesting approach to the religion but a paragon of the Japanese's apparent misunderstanding of it

Classic

It's very Christian to love gays. One of Jesus's primary commandments was to love one another.
God will take care of gays if he so chooses for that reason. It's not our job.

Never played them because I'm a filthy casual, but I'm generally fine with unconventional depictions of demons and/or angels for fictional settings.

Fucking kike

>Ezekiel 23:20
>There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.
>Mfw

2 kings 2:23-24
Some Boys Make Fun of Elisha
23 Elisha went from that city to Bethel. He was walking up the hill to the city, and some boys were coming down out of the city. They began making fun of him. They said, “Go away, you bald-headed man! Go away, you bald-headed man!”

24 Elisha looked back and saw them. He asked the Lord to cause bad things to happen to them. Then two bears came out of the forest and attacked the boys. There were 42 boys ripped apart by the bears.

Are these real?

"What profit is it to a man if he gains the world and loses his own soul?"

Matthew. 16:26, I believe

I dislike their portrayal of god but it's just a game so its hard to care

>Thou shalt not partake in titles from EA, for they are an abomination
Is my favorite

Mattyman 21:12

Relevant to the thread.

I think it's a really neat concept. I really don't mind media that draws from hebrew/christian/catholic mythos. It doesn't affect me or my beliefs anymore than things like succubi, angels, or demons do from other media. In fact, the one thing I like about SMT is that they paid close attention to the details of the more abstract allusions, like their Whore of Babylon.

>Austin 3:16

John 15:13

There is a quote I found particularly interesting but I can't remember how it goes. The short of it is, Jesus says he is not the farmer come to save the righteous, but rather, he is the one who comes to rip out the wicked. Something like that. Can someone help me?

Fictional worlds are the only places religions make any sense at all.

Don't forget Megamatt 21:13 right after ties into it.

if you keep reading it gets less sexual and more disturbing.
>21
So you longed for the lewdness of your youth, when in Egypt your bosom was caressed and your young breasts fondled.
>22
"Therefore, Oholibah, this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will stir up your lovers against you, those you turned away from in disgust, and I will bring them against you from every side--
>23
the Babylonians and all the Chaldeans, the men of Pekod and Shoa and Koa, and all the Assyrians with them, handsome young men, all of them governors and commanders, chariot officers and men of high rank, all mounted on horses.
>24
They will come against you with weapons, chariots and wagons and with a throng of people; they will take up positions against you on every side with large and small shields and with helmets. I will turn you over to them for punishment, and they will punish you according to their standards.
>25
I will direct my jealous anger against you, and they will deal with you in fury. They will cut off your noses and your ears, and those of you who are left will fall by the sword. They will take away your sons and daughters, and those of you who are left will be consumed by fire.

People who think God was a nice guy really only read what they want.

I didn't pay much attention in Sunday school

Is it really a religion if the gods are real and known? There's not really any room for faith.

He cursed them, then 2 bears killed them.
Not necessarily causation.

Old Testament God is a lot different from New Testament God

To Japan, Christianity is the generic religion.

The one that is related to videogames

There are several examples similar to it. For example, at a feast thrown for him, he went and sat at the table of known sinners, and when the "righteous" hosts complained that he was sitting with the low lifes, he said something similar to it. I can't remember the exact time he said that one. The burning of the barren fruit tree or the thistle is fairly common too, but that's a close but separate topic.

Your parents should've paid attention in sex ed

He changed to follow the change in civilizations.
The brutal old-world ruling style was necessary, but ultimately became outdated

1. a solemn utterance intended to invoke a supernatural power to inflict harm or punishment on someone or something.
he cursed them. and that curse was fulfilled by God.

Well, nowadays every other fucking game has anti-Christian agenda so at least it balances out right?

I'm not even Christian anymore but that shit still bothers me. Do 14 year olds write all the stories for games now? Fuck.

>To Japan, Christianity is the generic religion
>60% of Japan is atheists
>Less than 1% of Japanese are Christians

??????

The Bible has always been pretty open about the fact that he is a god of mercy AND justice, as well as jealous.

Being told otherwise really built up a lot of misconceptions in me when I was younger, leading to my inevitable turn to atheism when I was 13. Reading the Bible itself on my own and without outside opinions really cleared up a lot of stuff, leading to my inevitable turn to Christianity when I was 15.

Yup. I believe that he hasn't really done anything since 33 AD because his plan is to give humans a certain amount of guidance up until the Messiah, and then after that let us do our own thing.

He doesn't want to be too controlling anymore. You gotta stop raising your kids at some point and let them live for themselves, for better or worse.

Not to be a stickler, but it's phrase that God hasn't changed - the people were just ready for the next part of his message to be explained.

Anyone have that webm of watchdogs, where the protag sees a gay rights activist and throws a C4 at him while quoting leviticus? Shit's cash.

>he went back
wew
whats your take on creationism. and the fact taht your god gets his panties in a bunch and burns people for eternity?

Yeah, He gave us the Bible and Jesus as guidance.
Most of the historical tragedies since have been our own fault for not following the Bible.

>leading to my inevitable turn to atheism when I was 13
>leading to my inevitable turn to Christianity when I was 15

haha

Ah, that makes more sense.

BioShock Infinite's religion was unfortunately never detailed, but it wasn't Christianity. They literally worshiped the Founding Fathers

Thanks. I remember it because he explicitly said he wasn't a good guy.

Maybe this one?

The Parable of the Wheat and the Tares

24Another parable He put forth to them, saying:“The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field;25but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way.26But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared.27So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’28He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’29But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them.30Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”’”

Matthew 21:17

>turn to science because of ignorance
This never ends well.
Atheism is something you should only do when you exhaust all explanations and realize they're all lacking.

>Mfw people are behaving rationally on a thread about a subject that usually ends in shouting matches.

I can't remember any verses, so I'll stick with the "Love your Enemies one."

Genesis follows pretty logically in the same steps as scientifically explained evolution, just over 7 "days."
I think it's pretty easy to see that God was its conduit.

how did you convert back?
when i was 20 i converted out of Christianity. and being on the outside looking in made me realize how silly it all was.
Like i use to believe the revelations were going to happen i was certain it was going to be a real event in some point in time.
but now i see how silly it all is taht jesus is going to pop into the sky and start heading east (or west i forgot which direction) and taht trumpets were going to sound from nothing in thin air and people were going to just disappear.
this applies also which all of jesus' miracles.

What games have Norse pagan or neo-pagan aspects? Real shit not like fucking Skyrim or something.

To think Revelation will literally occur is kinda silly. It's very likely symbolic.

genesis proposes that the earth is made before the sun, thus making the earth older than the sun. and also proposes that earth and all heavenly bodies were made at the same time. making the universe and all matter in it the same age as the dirt on earth.

Religion is all well and good when it doesn't directly contradict reality, but how many of you are anti-evolutionists who believe the universe is 3000 years old or whatever?

I recently found out someone I've been friends with my entire life doesn't believe in fucking dinosaurs of all things. And even though it shouldn't really be my business what he believes, it completely boggles my mind how someone who appears intelligent can just sweep science under the rug and ignore it because it contradicts what his pastor told him when he was a babby.

>Genesis19:32-36
>Let’s get our father to drink wine and then sleep with him and preserve our family line through our father
>That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and slept with him.
>The next day the older daughter said to the younger, “Last night I slept with my father. Let’s get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and sleep with him so we can preserve our family line through our father.
>So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went in and slept with him.
>So both of Lot’s daughters became pregnant by their father.
>Mfw

Let There Be Light also could have been the creation of the Universe, with light being matter and darkness being antimatter, and the solar system forming later.
The Earth did start cloudy and dark, which would explain the Sun showing up for it on day 3 (from Earth's perspective).

its really only silly because you make it silly
to be fair you can recreate most of the miracles of the bible or events in revelations using a cellphone and a connection to youtube nowadays.

back then it was a huge deal to see a screaming monster with a hundred wings flapping in the sky that shot needles like scorpions, having seen a "battle" where these things were in the sky would be terrifying

here we call it a helicopter and there's videogames about it.

If you were to go back 1000 years they would have said that revelations was a literal account for what is to come. same with genesis.
now in the current year we think its silly so we see it as symbolic or metaphorically, but if you keep doing this 1000 years from now, future Christians will just be people who think god isnt "literally" real thats its a figure of speech for something else that we better understand thanks to future development.
its an ever receding belief system that is doomed to one day be seen as purely metaphorical and not literal at all.

The Bible isnt a scientific research report, its a very allegoric way of saying that God made everything

>Console/vidya talks on Sup Forums
Constant false flagging
Just trolls or tools getting mad at each other
Nobody gains anything from the experience

>Anything else
Actual rational and well thought of comments.
>MFW

"""""""""""video"""""""" """""""""""""""games"""""""""

>Post you favorite Bible verse
lol fucking dweeb

But it follows the order in which it occurred.

youtube.com/watch?v=qu6LMK9OT_Y

>Matthew 15:1-3; 10,11
>Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked,
>"Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don't wash their hands before they eat!"
>Jesus replied, "And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition?
>Jesus called the crowd to him and said, "Listen and understand.
>What goes into someone's mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them."

I'm an atheist, but pretty much everything Jesus said was gold.

Sup Forums is a weird board.

You do worlds better when you realize that Sup Forums is the one board that takes pride in NOT discussing its subject matter. Precisely because of this, there's no other board like it.

I wouldn't go that far, but I'm sure everything about Christianity besides God will probably be considered metaphorical by a lot of people in the distant future. Just like a good number of 'Christians' don't take stories like The Ark or Adam and Eve at face value, maybe even Jesus will one day be considered an allegory by most.

At any rate, we'll never be able to discern how the universe came into being, so there'll always be room for belief in God, even if the percentile amount of religious folk continues to plummet.

>You will never eat Leaviathan's meat
Why even live?

Mark 8:29
youtube.com/watch?v=wK3D7fYCFik

Revelations 15:5
"video games"

>Dennis 36:12-36
>A man enters. A room wouldn't be the only thing he entered that day. Silence he said. A women's mouth is not for the exiting of words but for the entrance of a mans diiiiick.
>And then he did put it in there, in her mouth i mean. And then they have sex all over the library.

Japs are fascinated with white American and they believe every white American is a Christian

Jesus doesn't sound like he was very hygienic, from this one.

They're not Christian, but it is the first thing that comes to mind when using religious symbolism. The cross was a major symbol of kirisuto-daimyo in the past.

That, and much of the game is meant to use small-town American architecture, clothing, and crops. It fits in more than other religious structures.

Revelation is the tightest shit.

I fucking love biblical figures, or rather, creatures like The Beast, Behemoth and Leaviathan and god knows how many others.

Seriously, the Bible is full of super interesting stories and stuff. It has lore up the ass.

I didn't personally "exhaust all explanations" but due to a number of reasons, I became an atheist around the age of sixteen because I realized that there was no magical deity. Twenty-five now and have never once reverted upon my decision. Different user, btw.

I still don't get what the point of this verse was. I mean, Lot got out of Sodom, but lost his wife because she disobeyed God. What does this verse have to do with the previous events?

Fair enough.