I just finished this game (with the Helios ending). Jesus, it is easy one of the best games I ever played in my life

I just finished this game (with the Helios ending). Jesus, it is easy one of the best games I ever played in my life.

Also, the decision in the ending really fuck up my mind. I took my time to think in the consequences of each choice.

Anyway, ask me anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uzvw8uSWucM
youtube.com/watch?v=nBPK_oXeJgA
youtube.com/watch?v=RgIE6Pb_MFE
youtube.com/watch?v=8vTvHsHx4TM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZFOgvGSMcfE
moddb.com/mods/gmdx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Helios ending is the best. Other two just set the stage for all the exact same shit to happen again. Tong is a fucking retard.
>Hurr let's suddenly cripple the entire world's infrastructure. Millions of people will die in the ensuing chaos and humanity will eventually rebuild anyway, but FUCK IT.

The problem is that you will destroy the corruption, but in consequence you will make born the "dark ages" again, but if you do that, the humanity will learn and become more powerfulin the future.

Helios ending was honestly the best one.

Also, I think that the story of the game goes far beyond of just "good or bad ending". I think that it's just about take decisions and assume the consequences.

You became the most powerful badass in the world in that ending. The problem is that the humanity will be governed by a machine which attend everyone like machines too. And a world like that is a very unhappy words. Everyone will be safe, but unhappy.

The entire reason you merge with Helios is because JC provides the human element that gives Helios understanding of uniquely human issues/needs.

No, by merging with JC Helios gets a human perspective to help him make decisions.

So, in that case. That's true, It's the best ending.

What are you going to play next?

I was thinking in playing Invisible War. People says that it's not a bad game, but very disappointment one. I will play it by my own, and draw my conclusions later.

I never played a game with a story so deep as Deus Ex. Geez, and the fans of Undertale think that the story if their game is "deep". In what world they live?

Why do people on Sup Forums say that this game is only loved because of nostalgia ?
Finished it recently. It is currently one of my favorites.

>the decision in the ending really fuck up my mind.
>Go back to medieval age
>Ruin everything you've done up to this point
>Or give guidance to a turbopowerful AI to regulate the world without some retarded ass agenda.
Tough choices, for sure.

OH FUCK PLEASE DON'T DO IT

Because Liberty Island is the ultimate anti-normie area.

>I just played the game everyone played 15 years ago
>ask me anything
Are you of age to post on this website?

Dont do it to yourself

You're about to get tons of (You)s from redditors telling not to play it, but fuck them, IW had a lot of interesting ideas

>Games are irrelevant 1 attosecond after release
Kill yourself

>everyone picks helios ending and rips tong ending, literally every thread
>mfw I pick tong ending every time

So, I can't play Doom, System Shock, Warcraft series, or Sonic games?

Don't believe the memes. It wasn't that bad.

Go live in a village then you chinaboo.

You can have a discussion about them without making the Sup Forums equivalent of an AMA, is what he's saying.

>chinaboo
>implying the technocratic chinese state isn't the nearest real-world analogue to the loominati philosophy

All he really does is blow up the internet, it isnt even close to the medieval ages

>tfw you realized Human Revolution wasn't the first Deus Ex

the only people who think a machine wouldn't do a better job of looking after everyone doesn't believe in reality

What would you do?

Medieval age for sure. Fuck AI, just appreciate life and advance without it and have an intelligent populace. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHH

As the plot unfolds, Denton becomes entangled in a deep and ancient conspiracy, encountering organizations such as Majestic 12, the Illuminati and the Hong Kong Triads during his journey.

WOW, quote from wiki.

Exactly, people exaggerate the extent of its destruction. Tong's whole "living in caves" line is metaphorical. Which isn't to say that isn't a big change, but still

It's like the people who discover that Skyrim is not the first Elder Scroll.

I think tong wong should ping pong

Same

IW has it's flaws (Fucking retarded ammo system) but I still found it fun

Yeah man, fuck all the digital money and any document ever.
It's not like worldwide communication was good or something.

MISTAH JAY CEE DENTON IN DA FRESH

Problem is that machines still can make mistakes, and they often cannot detect that they are making a mistake.
Helios ending is perfect because the machine in question realizes it may screw things up at some point and seeks guidance of a human it deemed worthy. With JC on board (we know he cannot be corrupted as he does not seek power or money, you can cross out him fucking the world over) it can change the world for the better.

I'm not sure if J.C. "What a shame" Denton is the ideal representative for humanity, though.

It's literally the ending of ghost in the Shell, a machine and human merging to cancel out each other's flaws and allowing for a machine to understand empathy

When does it get good?

When he decides to merge with helios eventually leading to his suicide.

In the beginning.

But the human-machine synthesis is inherently a totalizing force that denies humanity freedom

After Liberty Island.
Learn to play until then.

When you stop being a bitch and learn to adapt to your character weaknesses.

>I can't aim well with low stats
>better bitch and complain instead of working around the limitations of an low level character

Basically this game has major trust issues and only trust yourself.

Don't lie, user.
How far it from the mission where you have to disable generators in docs or something?

You have a point, but the discussions about goverment and terrorism with the bartenders seem to point out that he does know empathy. Besides that and "a bomb!" can be blamed on voice actor.
What part of "put a human in there so that it does not make every human being ever miserable" do you not understand?

>implying that humans aren't Biocomputers written in the most recursive spaghetti code possible

>implying you can't create subjectivity with nested if statements and inconclusive analysis

>J.C Denton
>Human

That's a funny one.

i cant work that out, am just guessing its the best part from the plot i read. someone will know.

I was in prison, ok?
Geez, I was hoping I wouldn't have to think about that. I hope the PTSD doesn't get triggered

uh oh.
tOo lAtE...

I bet you think Solid Snake is not human too

This, I think, is the strongest rationale. The Helios ending makes the most sense from JC's viewpoint, less so from an outside observer.

I don't bitch I ask a question, you faggot.
Strange, because I finished this mission and yet I'm still getting bored way to fast with this game.

You just have shit taste. Don't worry.

>I bet you think Solid Snake is not human too
a snake is not a human. and to my knowledge, all snakes are solid

My bad fampai, the real meat of the game is in the level design and exploration.

If you can't dig that then you do have shit taste

Nah, if the game isn't getting better or more engaging after this point. I'm afraid that you have shit taste.

Where on the spectrum are you?

Would you say the outside observer was more correct in their sense?

I would, but that's because as a player I can separate myself from the main character and make a wider judgement. Besides, my preexisting beliefs bias me away from the Helios ending, whereas that may be different for other players.

Don't be like that. If subjectivity is turning 0->1 into a somewhat fluctuating floating point number, then with enough parallel processing, roughly on par with the brain. True AI should be doable with enough decisions.

I think JC needs you lol.

A good belief could determine the fastest route to stability for everyone and yourself and that has AI connotations hmmm. (just thinking to myself).

please stop commenting

Subjectivity is not a function of floating point calculations. It's the product of experience. It's experience that shades the grey areas.

Where are you again? The second mission, the one where you have to destroy a generator in a warehouse? You will find leg augment in the basement, this is propably the best aug in the game. Augs in general make you overpowered. Turn it on and you can go fast.
Yeah, the ai is dumb and very basic, but the fun really does come from exploring, finding neat little details and figuring ways to deal with missions. And as a bonus you have a conspirational orgy for a story.

I played this game 15 years ago, eat a fucking dick.

Ask me anything, eat a fucking dick.

Quite right.

Tong's ending isn't about saving the world, it's more like maintaining JC as a character. He just fucks off and has adventure with Triads in Hong Kong which is bound to become its own indepentent state now that world rule is fucked. That's how I look at it anyway.

JC seeks councilling afterwards doesn't he?

Any good mods for this game?

>He picked Tong's ending without killing everyone
Great, now they can reorganize and fuck everything and everyone because of your retarded ass non-lethal playthrough.

Nameless mod is always recommended, never played it myself but heard only good things about it.

In what sense?

The music in this game was fucking GOD-TIER and I still have it stuck in my head all of these years later.
youtube.com/watch?v=uzvw8uSWucM

I never could bring myself to play Nameless Mod, because it was absolutely riddled with memes and in-jokes.
The main theme song was SO good, though

For going so far as to never reflect on morale choices of everyone in regards to decisions.

GMDX is the go-to overall improvement mod.

Ignore everyone who tells you to play the game unmodded, you will lose nothing but time and patience.

GMDX is pretty great if you're replaying. It has plenty of nice gameplay additions, better AI, a higher difficulty mode.
2027 is a pretty great one with an original story.

well, no it wasnt, but it was chronologically...i think? any spin of that take place before HR?

Sol's bar is God tier as well
>dat sax solo

You're missing out, the memes almost entirely disappear past the first few missions.

Is revision any good?

No, it sucks major dick. Use GMDX instead.

youtube.com/watch?v=nBPK_oXeJgA
youtube.com/watch?v=RgIE6Pb_MFE
youtube.com/watch?v=8vTvHsHx4TM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZFOgvGSMcfE

Revision

moddb.com/mods/gmdx

All it is is a graphical update
Pretty nice

Who is the Bob Page of vidya? I'm gonna go with GabeN

I'm getting mixed messages here

No, it quadruples damage to the head and gives stupid old ai aimbot
It has nice maps (every other one is just copy pasted from the original though) and is worth a playthrough if you already know the game in and out but is to be avoided if you want a deus ex experience.

Revision is primarily changes the levels and graphics. When it comes to gameplay you can pick between vanilla, Shifter or BioMod.
GMDX's primary focus is gameplay, with there being some slight level changes.

>Aquinas spoke of the mythical episode 3 in the hills

Thanks, for explanation friend. Perhaps I'll look into it again.

Has anyone used GMDX? I'm liking it a lot more than Revision since most of the changes are QoL improvements rather than useless fluff around the maps.

Shifter

The dark ages weren't so bad depending on where you lived.