Uncharted 4 TECHNOLOGY

Uncharted 4 TECHNOLOGY

>Light shines through Nate's soft ear tissue giving a realistic red color on the top of his ear
>Nate and Elena's TV bevel has reflections of the tv on it
>Climbing ledges makes stones and debris fall down onto Nate's face causing him to spit them out of his mouth
>Snow sparkles in the sunlight
imgur.com/JZqRPBm

What have you discovered?

>get in jeep
>nate takes gun off his back and keeps it between the seats

DELETE THIS

That ear looks like it's glowing red as an indicator to it exploding in a couple seconds. That doesn't look realistic at all.

DELETE THIS!!!

i love me some subsurface scattering but drake's ear look like it's glowing there.

He's made of clay and he's actually melting, he is going to die which is why its called "A Thief's End".

It's such an impressive game considering it's on the ps4. It's the first game that has really wowed me on it.

the TECHNOLOGY in Uncharted 4 makes me wish for an alternate future where MGS never diverged down the Peace Walker route and instead kept going down the MGS4/MGS3 style of gameplay and game design with the focus being on TECHNOLOGY and story.

Uncharted 4 felt more like Metal Gear to me than MGSV did.

PUNCH LAZERS

>Drive into optional cave
>Characters start talking about cave.
>Decide to drive out under waterful
>everyone gets soaked, complains for a second about you driving through the waterfall
>"Now where we?"
>"Oh yeah, I was saying...."
>go right back on topic where they left off in a fluid manner that sounded completely natural and not the typical video gamey "just restart the last line you tried to say" bullshit

I was fucking impressed man.

The ironic thing is that the "open world" segments and sneaking feel like they were influenced by MGSV.

Also, Kojima said that his next game will appeal to Uncharted fans, so I hope he's going back to the linear style

Subsurface scattering isn't new. (light shining through certain objects)

ONLY PC GAMES HAVE TECHNOLOGY

MODS DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW

The whole game felt like a natural evolution of what MGS could have been, only with the focus being on action and climbing instead of stealth and bosses.

hitman absolution (2012)

didnt they have that in gta 5?

Been avoiding Sup Forums while I played this, thought it was great. Does Sup Forums hate it?

pls delete is offensive

That feature made one part pretty bit weird for me, since I entered an optional outpost just as Sam finished telling a joke. I cleared the thing, got back to the car, and the "Now where we?" lead to Sam laughing to himself and Sully being annoyed at him. It took me a while to realize that was an extremely delayed response to the joke

In GTAV they would say "dammit!" or something to that effect if you crashed into something, then would just repeat the line they were interrupted in. In this the entire line and conversation changes slightly to reflect something as small as driving under a waterfall.

>PS4 exclusive
>Does Sup Forums hate it?
Gee whiz what do you think user?

Does Uncharted 4 have more TECHNOLOGY than MGS2?

In a way, but I still like the classic MGS style much more.
Mostly because they're much more replayable, since they don't have a huge amount of barely interactive unskippable parts. Their stories are also more interesting that Uncharted's generic Hollywood writing

Why is his ear glowing?

This is nice TECHNOLOGY, but it doesn't look very realistic

This looks actually realistic unlike OP

Yes, it has the most technology I have seen in a game since MGS2.

>Mostly because they're much more replayable

Agreed, the gameplay systems in MGS have more depth than the ones in Uncharted, this leads to more replayability. Level design is also more clever.

>since they don't have a huge amount of barely interactive unskippable parts.

You underestimate the amount of classic MGS cutscenes and codec calls, and segments like the Cave in MGS1, Swimming with Emma in MGS2, and the microwave corridor/rail shooting segments in MGS3 and MGS4.

>Their stories are also more interesting that Uncharted's generic Hollywood writing

True, but Metal Gear trades in the generic Hollywood for Generic Anime, so its more of a taste thing than something that is objectively better.

The hate is mostly concentrated in threads with an OP baiting for it.
Overall I think Uncharted is kind of a guilty pleasure. It's easy to like, but it's bad taste to say it's one of your favorites

>start rolling around during gun fight
>gun gets covered in mud

Its a small thing but its pretty cool

I don't count the cutscenes and codec calls, since they're skippable. The games do have slow sections like the ones you mentioned, but not nearly to the extent of Uncharted. Even the climbing is always exactly the same once you're played through it.
Thanks for the non-shitposting reply, by the way

so you watched the technical analysis, good job user

Not technology but I liked how they added the option of just holding the button instead of tapping it like you had to do with triangle all the time.

Absolution might have been a shit Hitman game, but it beat all these next-gen games to the punch in terms of rendering techniques.

>Light shines through Nate's soft ear tissue giving a realistic red color on the top of his ear

What is he, part jellyfish? No one's ear would glow that much from that piddly little amount of light.

>What is he, part jellyfish
DEEPEST LORE

>Slide down hill in chapter 2
>Go all over the fucking place to climb into that tower
>Multiple cutscenes later I am heading back to the start
>Can still see the line of disturbed dirt where I slid down the hill

I bet this was made possible by the programming genious waifu

she left the company

>In November 2014, she left Naughty Dog and joined Amazon.com to work on their Amazon Prime Air program
What a waste, her interests have always clearly been in video games

If you get into the jeep through the passenger window and someone is sitting in the seat, they'll actually lean back a bit as you climb in.

>that level where you're going around that old house with your brother when you were kids
>shine him in the face with the torch and he reacts and starts squinting.

TECHNOLOGY

Like Carmack, her interests were never merely gaming. He liked rockets, she likes drones.

They're both too good for gaming, really.

>Go into dusty ass room that hasn't be entered in 300 years
>Your foot steps leave footprints in the dust

The dust particles in the air are a bit overdone though

Thank you for a nice thread

>Very few people knows about her despite she making very significant contribution to the game industry as whole.

>Everyone knows shitters like zoe quinn or brianna wu because despite them being just ballast they're loud as fuck without having ever amounted to anything in the videogames community.

3 of those 4 have been standard for years.
Sonyponies everyone.

>Console wars
Stop

pro tip, skin shaders aren't exclusive to uncharted, even fucking DMC had it

And it seems you've been a cunt forever.

Who wins in this game of absurdity!?

>Consoleplebs
Stop

Make it stop.

>Nolan North had to mocap these

They might be just him fooling around

Post Sully twerking

fuck I can't wait to Drakepost in U4

Just finished the game, that ending was fucking stupid. So what, Uncharted 5 we are going to play as Drake and Elena's hipster daughter?
Also, where the fuck was my spooky shit?

Why would it have to be him? Anyone could've mocapped it.

nah the ending means that there won't be another uncharted for a long long time
everyone complained about the spooky shit in the previous games especially in U2.
so they went with no spooky shit this time, they misinterpreted the customer.
it's not that supernatural stuff was bad, just that the execution was fucking terrible in U2.

I think the spooky shit came from Hennig. She obviously likes stuff like that looking at her earlier games

> skin shaders aren't exclusive to uncharted

No one said they were exclusive, you idiot

That hotline bling is just wrong and maximum cringe.

I thought Sup Forums loves Drake

Drake's fine.

Forced memes are not.

good looking game senpai

what's a meme?

I like Drake. I just think it's horribly animated.

they had these dumb dances since uncharted 2.
nothing wrong with having stupid taunts for multiplayer.

>a giant cursed gold statue that turned people into possessed zombies

>Uncharted 2
>magic sap that turned people into purple Hulks

>Uncharted 3
>mystery "genie" in a lamp poisons surrounding water which causes hallucinations when drunk

>Uncharted 4
>a bunch of pirates killed each other

Thanks, Naughty Dog

>transmission shaders, state machines and reflections are technology

Is it 2007 again?

Doomguy is not impressed.

A BIG GUY 4 UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

>jeep segment
>take cable up to a tree
>it gets caught on a rock
>think to myself this is going to go badly because that rock is going to fuck my jeep up
>it actually happened

It was scripted but the fact that I saw it coming was funny. I didn't think it would actually do anything.

LITERALLY 4 ANTS

>When you realize you're a mass murderer

>gif
Hey gramps

subsurface scattering came in 2007
i guess it's new to consolefriends now

STANDING

This is getting unlocked immediately.

Half Life 2

>Let me tell you why that's bullshit

lol

whats that fancy video game word for that

non narrative whatever the fuck?

its really retarded in drake's case lol

like he fucking murders everybody and just laughs about it, and it seems it completely unaffects his psyche

i dont get it FAMILY

Looks like a big fucking red gummy bear for his ear. I'm glad I never played Uncharted. Same with God of War

That owl shirt is genuinely really nice

Ludonarrative Dissonance
There's a trophy named exactly that for killing 1000 enemies.

Ludonarrative dissonance
his mass murder was acknowledged in Uncharted 2, and he kills less in Uncharted 4 and they are all private army dudes so whatever.
but yea uncharted had a serious problem with that because of being so lighthearted, it was less a problem in Last of Us and Uncharted 4 is also a little more serious in tone.

Shit, wrong one. This should be better.

At least they acknowledge it.
I kind of wish Uncharted 4 had handled that, maybe even as a main plot point. On the other hand, that's really far from what people expect from the series, and might've felt jarring

didn't like the game as much as i thought i would.
the statue of the collectors edition is really nice though.

You tell me.

The worst part in 4 was Nate going from a killing spree to petting animals and talking about how cute a lemur is at a market.
He really felt like a psychopath

It's called subsurface scattering, faggots. It's a real thing.

hot glue when?

>car goes through mud
>gets clogged up on car wheels
>gets flicked off later

I know, but it's overblown here.
It's also most likely a cheap optimized version. Which is wise in a PS4 game, of course

Is that a shot of the new Alien movie? Been wanting a new one ever since Aliens came out.

Is there a Chloe version?