youtube.com/watch?v=7RzA_Oomra8
youtube.com/watch?v=3V9zxXN1rx0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

uncharted 4

Dark souls 3. I've played both.
30fps is unbearable.

>30fps is unbearable.
Every time it never fails.

I've come to the conclusion that it depends on how many times you're going to play through them.

If you're only doing one playthrough, BB.

Multiple playthroughs, DS3.

The gameplay and mechanics and bosses are all better in bloodborne, whereas the build variety, online, sidequests, and optional stuff to do are better in DS3.

Dark souls 2

>Side quests
Dark souls 3 quests are pretty shitty. You don 't really do anything besides just talk to niggas in certain spots besides two quests and the ending of another one where it actually does something.

>DaS > BB > DaS3 > DeS >>> DaS2

Bloodborne is better
Dark Souls 3 really suffers for being a sequel

DaS3 = DaS > DeS > BB > DaS2

Yeah but at least they can lead to a different ending, or have branching paths or whatever.

BB is pretty much "rescue them or don't idgaf"

DS3's aren't great, but they're better. Sirrus alone is a cooler questline than anything in BB.

>Sirris alone
Sirris is a fucking pleb what are you on right now. Elieena, and the whore from BB both have better quest lines then her.

Bloodborne is the best thing Miyazaki has made, not sure how he hopes to top that other than just expanding on it with a direct sequel. Dank Souls had no hope to even compete.

Ok true Eileen was better, I forgot about her. But the whore literally didn't do shit but sit on her ass. That's what everyone does in BB, you send them to Oedon chapel and they sit on their ass. It's lame.

>Alfred's quest
Master, look! I've done it, I've done it! I smashed and pounded and grounded this rotten siren into fleshy pink pulp! There, you filthy monstrosity! What good's your immortality now! Try stirring up trouble in this sorry state! All mangled and twisted, with every inside on the outside, for all the world to see!

Just because Alfred had the single greatest line of dialog ever recorded didn't make his questline good though. It would've been cool if that was an actual fight, and you could either help him or Annalise.

Best ending for an NPC questline in the series.

The voice acting during his rant and how calm he suddenly is when you talk to him is fucking perfect.

So you only deem sidequests as satisfactory if they have a fight involved? Because the sisters in the window and Gilbert both have interesting events.

Bloodborne would be almost perfect if dungeons never existed.

but you can fight him if you want in the queen's chamber

oh, you is it?

He's a great character

They are different. DaS has a more sad tone while BB has the horror shit going on. Just look at the stories of the NPCs. In DaS they die, sometimes tragic, sometimes hero deaths. In BB they become batshit crazy:

>imposter Iosefka
>saint whatshername that literally become a junky blob
>Alfred (see above)
>the little girl that is devoured by a pig and then her sister rejoyce in her death, later to be found with her head bleeding on the street
>the cannibal
>the granny that goes insane and finally killed
>Yharnam, the queen and her whole and creepy fight in the dungeons
>those faceless NPC you hear behind doors that become mad overtime
>the whole mensis ritual and Yahargul

The only one that has a somehow DaS feel is Eileen, who just dies a somewhat honourable at the end.

this desu

I only deem sidequests as satisfactory if you can actually interact with them, or if they're leading up to something.

Like DS3 for example:

Greirat: Not interactive, but an actual meaningful choice; the consequences being that you could actually lose a vendor

Siegward: Helps you fight Yhorm at the end, some bonus plot stuff, cool sidequest

Patches: Again, taking part in it gives you access to a new vendor, and not just some guy that sits around and repeats 2 lines of dialog

Sirris: Cool, interactive questline with multiple fights and good rewards

Hawkwood: Interactive, fight at the end, cool reward

Leonhart: Same as above, and you also get to choose whether or not to bring Rosaria back to life (although they shouldn't let you use the covenant functions unless you do)

Stuff like that. Bloodborne is just "Pick A or B and depending on your choice something sad probably happens but nothing consequential happens regardless."

>Simon gets a fair death like Eileen
>Dude who kills him is just an asshole with a bell
>Ludwig regains his sanity before dying
>Chapel dweller who falls into despair when everyone else goes mad
>Patches being patches
>Distrustful man just keeps at it
>I forgot what happens to the nun

Not saying you're wrong, but there are many with a DaS feel.

Yet every NPC is a bland copy paste of a previous DeS character.

>Patches being Patches

No, they're well done homages to old characters, presented in a new way. You're thinking of Dark Souls 2.

The Doll is way better than tin can ash man. What kind of question is this?

>gets you in an area then appologises and sells stuff

Spider or not he's the same asshole as always. Kinda wish he had cut smoldering lake's bridge, him taking you to a new area was fun.

The Doll is the best waifu in Souls history. I still can't believe they made a level up girl more QT than MiB.

The Doll and Priscilla are my two favorite Souls girls. I'm actually thinking of going back to DaS1 with a bleed build to invade and protect Priscilla. I haven't played enough of DaS3 to determine if there is a qt worth protecting.

Karla is the same as Yuria
>same set with exact same description
>same voice actress doind the same role
>same character model
>same way you found her later in the game, saving her from imprisonment
>same "I was so raped that ugly jailers got tired of me"
>same dialogue about the falling for the dark arts and being a misfit

>but she is probably a fragment of Manus
>but muh sick references

There is Siegward who is a copy of Biorr and Siegmeyer too, Yuria who is a new Mephistopheles, that knight girl that is a lesser Lucatiel, etc.

Nah, DS3 has no QTs sadly. Maybe Karla comes the closest, but she just sits in firelink anyways.

You could spend a few hours and create your own custom waifu, and then protect yourself if you wanna get meta

>Now that the dust has settled.
but it hasn't.
why are you comparing a game that has been patched to hell and back and has an awesome DLC with one still in its early life and no DLC yet?
This kind of comparison is more indicated for starting a shitposting thread.
I know this wasn't your intention OP, so be more careful next time.

Dark Souls 3

Now you're just being pedantic. What next, you gonna bring up how Lautrec is just Yurt, Andre is just Boldwin, the Gargoyles are just the Maneaters, Eygon and Irina are just Garl Vinland and Astraea, etc etc?

Creators of media revisit themes and tones constantly. Is this your first time interacting with a work of fiction?

What a shame. I like having wacky role-playing purposes for PvP where I can. The lack of a good qt is just insult to injury.

Actually now that I think about it, there's Yorshka. She's pretty fucking QT. But her covenant doesn't work for shit, so....yeah...

There's a difference between recurring themes and pure laziness, specially when the new versions are less involved with the world around them. Take the original Yuria for example, she is mentioned by Biorr and after you rescue her she talks to you about Freke, Yurt and Miralda, about the conflict between these characters and sorceries. While Karla on the other hand just keeo repeating thing about the Dark and if you take her out of the game is of no relevance to anything.

What kind of a retard says this shit? Bloodborne is the one with replay value because the weapons are actually fucking different from eachother with more than 4 moves each

Not to mention bloodtinge and arcane actually play differently unlike faith/intelligence

+beast and kin mode

This is the right.

Bloodborne Combat, Lore, Setting, Weapons(Trick Weapons are GOTY), Bosses and enemies, and is the harder game.

But Dark Souls 3 is also very amazing too just not as good as stated above. But DAS3 has way more build options, better online and more items to farm for and has more longetivity.

Both are amazing and worth playing. Just bloodborne is slightly more amazing.

The difference between 9.5 and a 10.

I still don't get how they could get magic in pvp so right with the hunter tools and then immediately regress to the same old horseshit except even more useless because of how fast everyone moves

> Now that the dust has settled, lets kick it up again

Bloodborne by far. 3 is still a good game though.

>Become a blue dude and never get summoned
>When you do people will just call you a ganking blueberry
I'm not so sure I like this situation. Also she better have personality because her appearance is not quite as qt as I'd hoped.

>is of no relevance to anything
oh hey, that's every NPC in DS3 except for the 3 unkindled.
This game needed another year. The sad thing is it's actually getting one, but we'll have to pay $30+ for the full package.

DaS3 is shit in terms of replay value; probably the worst in the series in that regard.

Doll > Maiden In Black

They're not objectively comparable.

Certain aspects can be compared though:
Bloodborne has better and more detailed environments
Dark souls 3 has many more weapons
Bloodborne has a less linear world
Dark souls 3 is available on pc

In terms of gameplay, bosses, atmosphere, music, etc its all subjective and somebody's personal taste could make them prefer either game.

>over 200 weapons
>like 15 in each class
>each one is even more identical to the rest than they were in DS2
>boss weapons, which is where all the variety should be happening, have somewhat interesting movesets but suck in almost every instance

I'm about 6 runs in and I already want to stop playing forever. Doesn't help that the game doesn't get good until you're about 4 bosses in.

Bloodborne makes a lot of stupid changes to the Dark Souls Formula for no fucking reason, like binding the jump button to the dodge button, and making flasks something you have to farm.

Bloodborne had a cool (though repetitive) aesthetic and the whole moon progression thing was neat.

Also yes, consolefags, it being locked at 30 fps hurts it. sorry.

Roll roll attack

Trick weapons are just a replacement for twohanding.

lol

>Creators of media revisit themes and tones constantly. Is this your first time interacting with a work of fiction?

Oh fuck off, there's a difference between this and straight up copy/pasting individual characters while changing their name.

Karla has zero reason to exist. She's Yuria without the dynamics actually associated with Yuria since the developers didn't bother actually adapting this character to a new context.

>stupid changes to the dark souls formula
>binding the jump button to the dodge button
How new are you?

If you're not a retard and terrible then you never have to farm for bloodvials ever, you get shitloads in some of the earliest areas of the game.
Whenever somebody mentions grinding for vials its just a massive tip off that they've obviously never played the game.

Demon's souls is worse for grinding healing items but even there its still a none issue because you quickly reach areas that shower you will shitloads of healing grass

They went back to DeS for blood vial farming because that's really the only way anyone can really get punished for dying in these games anymore. They figured out the bloodstain thing wasn't cutting it anymore a hell of a lot sooner than B Team/whoever else worked on DS3 did, apparently.

The jump button regression was a little annoying, but seeing how they went straight from DS1 to BB they probably just didn't think about it.

Replayed all of them just recently.
BB>DaS3>DeS>DaS>DaS2:Sotfs/DaS2
I'm primarily a PC gamer, but an idort still

Bloodborne for it's first half, Dark Souls 3 for it's second.

I personally prefer DS3, but you can't really go wrong with either.

They're entirely optional, you can play the entire game without touching them and it'd be like they never existed at all.

They're solely optional content for people who wish to indulge.

DS3 isn't about being challenging or about punishing anyone, it's about providing a moderately difficult experience and giving people as many ways as possible to completely steamroll it so they feel good about themselves.

Selecting "Talk" again (only once per playthrough)

"May I pose thee a question?

This tower, this prison, stands tall and solitary, the contraption bridging its lower reaches long unmoving.

So... by what path didst thou here ascend?

Art thou a creature of the air, or other winged thing?"

(Options: Yes, I can fly / No, I can't fly)

Selecting "Yes, I can fly"

"Oh, my! I imagined it might be so.

Then thou'rt a dragon, or perhaps a crow?

Well, whatever thou beest, thou'rt wondrous strange, yet strangely familiar, visitor."

*Laugh*

Selecting "No, I can't fly"

"No I suppose not."

"Of course not. Think no more of my asking."

"I'm ashamed to say, I know not much of anything..."
Her personality and demeanor is cute as hell.

The nun is Adella, and she has the best ending.

She goes full yandere if you keep accepting Arianna the Whore's blood, kills Arianna and tries to kill you while rambling like a lunatic about why senpai noticed the slut and not her.

>just an asshole with a bell
Brador killed Laurence and took his hide, and later became an assassin for the Healing Church.

People who use arcane at the too tier level are gods of war in bloodborne.

They quickly combo chain and switch between magic spells faster then one can imagine. And do amzing combos with top tier Gems that fuck you up.

But most players wouldnt take the time to master it.

But arcane belive me is super fucking viable at the top tier.

Bloodborne honestly.

The setting and story is much more interesting.

DS3 is just more of the same shit. This time with even more references

I liked BB more
Playing through DaS3 just made me realized how I wished BB was in 60 fps

>ask about wich one is better on gameplay and story
>pcuck answer with the amount of fps

wew great master race faggot

this tbhonest

Bloodbornes world is linear the fuck are you talking about. Its like Devil May Cry 3 where you go down the tower.

Its a straight line from Vicar Amelia to Mergo Wet Nurse.

Damn that is cute. Gonna have to seriously consider becoming a dorkmoon in spite of the perception of blues. I don't really want to support gank squads.

Yes, I beat bloodborne 3 times, even with dlc there's less to do than in ds3. The pvp is bloodborne is abyssmaly boring.

Bloodborne felt more like a horror game

Das3 is an unabashed rehash
BB actually has new atmosphere, mechanics, and lore

a straight line from Bergenwyrth to Wet Nurse, you mean

Well, aside from Hemwick and Cainhurst

>Go through DS3
>Have no motivation whatsoever to do another playthrough
>Just quit and wait for DLC
I really found most of DS3 to be boring, except for the bosses

Fucking this. They just couldnt just make another story in the same medieval setting, couldn't they? It really brought DS2 into a different/better perspective for the good and failed changes.

Even then not really, you've still got the nightmare frontier and the hunter's nightmare

Hunter's Nightmare is right after Amelia, but yeah I forgot that you can branch to the Frontier (and therefore the Loran Chalices) right after Rom.

Why do i keep coming here at weekends? People actually claim DaS3 has more replayability than BB, this has to be a fucking joke.

I returned to BB as soon as i was done with DaS3.

Theres Upper Cathedral Ward and Cainhurst too. Yet no one likes the Chalices ;_; as I do.

Nobody's doing the hunter's nightmare right after amelia though, not unless t they've already been through it before

>tumblr.jpg

Dark Souls 3 was a safe entry in a very safe series. Going to it after BB was so jarring because of BBs uniqueness and its setting. Going back to the generic sword & board shit was incredibly boring, and the game doesnt really even try to surprise you with anything in its later stages - the entire second half of BB was a complete mystery on launch.

Apart from the reused assets that From liked sprinkling fucking everywhere, the game balance is beyond fucked as well.

Bosses and often normal enemies as well are ridiculously fast and agile while the player character has gotten barely any speed boosts from the previous games. The enemies are as fast or even faster than BBs enemies but the player character doesn't even come close.

This is quite jarring when using anything heavier than a mace, which basically means you have to use hyper armor to trade hits. This would have been cool if not for the fact that damage values have been toned up and your health values have been toned down

Covenants are a mess, most bosses are complete pushovers, the music is disappointing after BB, the linearity kills my motivation for more playtroughs, graphically and aesthetically the game is worse than BB, the PVP is garbage like always, the lore is uninteresting generic drivel and even the final boss is like 80% reused assets from Dark Souls 1, a game that came out 5 years ago.

Its still a fun game but right now its nowhere close to BB for me. Will see if the DLCs change my mind.

Thats wrong. So wrong.

Trick weapons give variety to any combat situation.

A Great Sword for massive damage, A BloodSword that will kill you, A Bow to Sword, Long Spear to Double swords, and way more.

Trick Weapons i hope to god are in the next soulsborne game.

I enjoyed the chalices.

I though Yharnam was one of the most fun bosses in the game, it's just a shame you had to slog through Defiled to get to her.

Even then, I enjoyed finally thrashing Hotdog. Amygdala was alright.

Chalice dungoens are great.

Nah, CDs are fine, they just needed more worthwhile rewards.

DS3 is a game that actually needs a CD equivalent to feel complete, since infusion mats are hard to find and there's no way of refighting bosses without NG+.

It's more replayable in the sense that it takes more than the minimal number of playthroughs to figure out that there's nothing fun to do in it. Same thing with DS2 really.

>not now that the ash has settled

>Oh no he grabbed an image off google without checking to see if it was from a Sup Forums approved website

How do you even live with such severe autism?

Why is this game so fucking edgy?

>Protagonist too cool to talk
>Protagonist too cool to have a name
>Despite the fact that he is saving the world nobody ever asks his name
>Almost all NPCs do a tryhard "evil" laugh after all their dialogue even when it makes no sense to do so
>Try to make Abyss Watchers seem tough because they kill each other but they just seem like a bunch of retards I was literally laughing when they kept killing each other even during the boss fight
>Enemies continue to attack your clearly dead body
>Horace and especially Anri go from seeing you as a great friend to killing you for no reason
>Alternatively hurr durr marry this dying grill and we'll act like its all normal so chilling and dark right
>Eygon locks Irina in a cell to rot and die, clearly doesnt care about her, but dont you dare ask her to teach you the wrong miracle or he will come and kick your ass because muh secret love affair which he's too "tough" to admit
>Almost all sidequests end with the NPC dying wow how original and deep

Man I could keep going forever. What a joke.

but that's not Adella??

So did I. And then i realized how fucking tough BB early game is.

Deleting the patch and dlc to do the infinite echoes glitch fuck this shit.

I got the platinum and dlc trophies fuck this shi.

Also loved this creepy fight. In every new game I make I usually alternate between main story and Chalices for the gems, get to a halt when I met Rom and end them in NG+.

What the fuck is on your back? Looks like a chode transformed into a hammer.

>Bloodborne weapon design

I agree with everything besides music.

youtube.com/watch?v=FVHpOHQum5o
youtube.com/watch?v=tFRaZs6ri7s
youtube.com/watch?v=f0LdIZ8TWYo
The best one
youtube.com/watch?v=Q3xQga-2LX4
Without her footsteps this one is a bit bland, because it adds to the atmosphere.

But BB isn't bad at all, these two are imo better than any track in DaS3, but i think overall it looses a little.
youtube.com/watch?v=7RzA_Oomra8
youtube.com/watch?v=3V9zxXN1rx0

Especially Gherman gets me all gooey

PC gamer here.

I admit defeat. Bloodborne is better.

I have sold my $20000 gaming PC and am now purchasing a PS4. I can't wait and I'm so glad that finally Sony has given Power To The Players. I just can't believe I fell for the PC gaming meme for this long.

t. ex-PC gamer.

I can't remember a single theme from 3 except Princes and the main theme

I can remember practically every theme from BB. I just like the style more, 3 seems to go for overbloated choirs that just sound muddled and frankly generic.