Did I do good Sup Forums

Did I do good Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

digitaltrends.com/computing/amd-polaris-vr-gpu-graphics-card/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ask Sup Forums, you mongy.

i'm over here jacking it to my uncharted4 and ramming a DS4 in and out of my rectum, vigorously

Add a 4TB HDD and you're gud to go.

Sucks that you built right now when new GPUs are coming out soon but I guess playing games now is better than playing games later. You may want an HDD for storage, games are getting bigger and bigger so 1.2TB may not cut it eventually.

I actually bought the GPU a while ago, so that's the only component I already have.
I may want to add more storage indeed

R9 390 is low end shit.

Where are the poptarts?

That's what your parents said about you

I'd wait till after summer to buy a new video card unless your pc is toast.

It's good, not like super good but it's good enough, not like super good enough but just fine, it's not super fine but it's quite alright.

>he fell for the third party cooler meme

Unlocked Intel processors don't come with a cooler. Not a huge deal though I bought a $20 hyper EVO and my 6600k is like 20 degrees idle.

what's wrong with the cooler

I already own this GPU, I just put it in the image to showcase the fullbuild

Why not wait less than 2 weeks when the new gpu's will be out.
Also why do people spend so much on cases?

Are those ssds good?

Why the MSI card is over Asus, sapphire or gigabyte one?

Where did you make that list? I'll have to upgrade my shit soon.

Google parts picker

>PC
Nope.

wait for 16 nm amd polaris cards. they are right fucking around the corner.

AMD have confirmed Polaris cards are to be "mainstream not top end". Pretty much the deathrattle
digitaltrends.com/computing/amd-polaris-vr-gpu-graphics-card/

Tb SSDs are under $250 now? Damn.

enjoy your 2 games fagit

Nobody cares about titan tier cards tbhf

That motherboard doesn't have built in WiFi so be aware you'll need a network adapter if you're not wired.

>playing gaming PC
>on wireless

I know, I know, but I don't have a choice.

true as the 1080 is better than the titans so they are saying (on a what you get for your price)

xD performs better than the 980Ti, you mad fucking Nvidicunt

Thats why Sup Forums constantly goes on about peoples "toasters" and meme cards etc etc. Yeah of course not.
AMD are dead in the water.

>drop over 1000 dollars for a "gamin rig"
>will need to shell out another 300 for when parts become obsolete in few years
>all this to play unoptimized ports, indie trash, and opt-into "early access" games that will never actually be completed
>dont forget the fact that most PC players will just spend their time playing mobas or MMOs after wasting all this cash

What a joke

300 is less than you will need to fork out for a new console every few years.
I must be one of those who doesnt just play mmo/moba & buys the mainstream games.

(You)

Shouldn't you be watching Uncharted

>will need to shell out another 300 for when parts become obsolete in few years

When will this meme end?

nothing is wrong with it.Probably just that he thinks noctua is overpriced. They are more expensive than most, but if it's what you like then it's fine because it works very well.

Your opinion has been acknowledged and archived.
15 reddit points were transferred to your bank account.

>corsair psu
kek enjoy your coil whine

>16GB
what for?

>ssds
>2 ssds infact

lmao falling for the ssd meme. wow save 2 seconds on boot up speed better spend an extra 200 dollars on it.

>gaming motherboard

Not user but Id go 16GB too. RAM is so cheap now and more and more games are saying 6gb/8gb min required.. why not.
2 second, try a lot more. Just because you cant afford one yourself why slag them off when you have no clue about them

SSDs aren't a meme, was legitimately shocked the first time I booted up. An SSD for storage is probably a waste though.

Also pretty much all consumer mobos are marketed towards gamers now.

Change Kingston 2133 to G.Skill 2666+
Crucial to Samsung 850 Evo 250/500
WD Blue 1/2/4TB for storage / pleb games
Corsair to top-tier Seasonic / Superflower / Rosewill PSUs

Wait just a month for the 1070/1080
Or October for 490/x

It's for gaming you fuck.

Even on the old Battlefield 4
> fastest HDD on the market, 1min+ loading into game
> shittiest SSD on the market, 20 seconds

swap the ssds for a samsung 850 pro and a 3-4tb wd black would also suggest waiting for the new cards to drop aside from that pretty solid build

kids on here, No clue and resort to using shitty words like meme,cuck & shill.

get a decent samsung ssd for your OS and vital software and then get a bit beefy hdd for everything else

Also are you sure that power supply is enough? you might want to bump it a little bit more just to be safe

Yes, but on newer OS you can still boot up seconds into Windows, ttanks to UEFI mode.

The only reason for an SSD today are games, deploying into the field faster is a massive advantage.

1min+ in Battlefield you could already be capturing 2 points and have some of chopper and tanks near the enemeis spawn

WHY THE FUCK

WOULD YOU BUILD A PC NOW

AND NOT WAIT FOR THE NEW 1070/1080 CARDS???

ARE YOU THAT FUCKING STUPID?

YOU KNOW THEY WILL BE AT LEAST 2X AS FAST AS YOUR PIECE OF SHIT 390 FOR CHEAPER AND USE LESS POWER RIGHT?

YOU ARE A FUCKING MORON

Maybe if you'd read the thread.

geez, just build it now and stick with a spare older GPU or with the Intel for a month

then get the new ones

How am I doing?
Waiting for the 1070

>xD performs better than the 980Ti, you mad fucking Nvidicunt

t. user who knows shit

the 390 and the 390x is already outperforming the 980/980Ti in DX12 titles

>Nvidiot

Don't use an SSD for data storage (only use it as a boot drive), use a 4TB, have a separate partition for virtual memory /cache.

> "mainstream"
> 470/480 replaces 370/380
> whichis as fast as the 390 / 390x or 970 / 980

which part of that flew past your shallow minds?

these are the Polaris 10/11,not meant to go head-on with the 1070/1080

Polaris Vega will be out on October, those are the 490/x and Fury/x

learn2pc

Is it worth it getting some processor with k in its name to engage in overclocking? I'm always afraid shit'll fry and I'll have to buy another.

I could never go back to regular hdd load times.

This is 2016, you can't fry a component with overclocking unless you actively try to do so.
Also no, don't buy a K versio, overclocking is worthless for gmaes.

you sound like total biscuit who bought himself 32GB, buy the ram when you actually need it

its not like you couldn't go 2x4 and later down the line 2x4

I see. Alright, then. Thanks.

>ATX mid tower
>SFX PSU

what

G.Skill RAM
Seasonic / Superflower / Rosewill PSU
Cryorig H7 cooler

At least get a Kingston Fury HyperX SSD if you want something cheap

They're as fast as the Samsung Evo at 500 Read, which is what you want mostly for booting / gaming, but lower write speed at 300, which is still MUCH faster than HDD

haha I'm waiting for pascal

You're retarded.

>Making a computer when next-gen GPUs are around the corner

>ctrl+f "poptarts"
>1 found

you're slipping, Sup Forums

Overclocking is only worth it if you have top-end GPU and want to squeeze everything out of it

>pc build thread
>Sony ponies come raging in because they own a overpriced obsolete machine

M-muh uncharted!

I don't think it's worth it. You'll only get a few FPS more and you'll shorten your CPU's lifespan.

I'd use an SSD for swap/paging at least. The blocking on disk writes can really effect some games.

Anybody know what AMD is doing?I've been In the market for a new card for like 2 months now. Almost bought a 390 until nvidia dropped the info on their new card.

>AMD card
Literally better off with a console

thank you for the actually helpful post!

>AMD
Enjoy your horrendously inefficient power consumption and overheating, i guess.

>no gtx 970
you either use a gtx 970 or youre being ripped off
theres no need for more
theres no want for less
perfectly priced will run every game
you madman
unless youre planning on recording n shit gtx 970 is all around the best graphics card

We're waiting for them to officially anounce their 4** cards.
They won't be targeting the very high end like the 1080 with that serie though.

It's worth if you wanna keep the GPU/CPU a little longer when it is about to become outdated but yeah its not gonna give you magically tons of frames and watercooling is advised

Does the 970 actually have a full 4gb vram or is it still gimped? I'm not planning on playing anything in 4K for a long time, but I do want to buy a new card to replace my 650 some time soon.

>Costs as much as the 390
>Doesn't perform as well as the 390, especially on DX12
>Bottlenecks at higher resolution because lol 3.5
No thanks.

With new gens of CPUs and decent coolers 'shorten life-span' is becoming a meme.

Newer smaller die CPU are efficient, you can go from4 to 4.5Ghz without even touching the volts.

Stock cooler stock speed stays below 60 load, with decent cooler and OC you can still stay around 60, which is the same.

And I5 non K perfectly matches the R9 390 / GTX 970.

But to really get the most out of the 390x / 980 and beyond, OCing to 4.5Ghz might get you another 15fps.

Getting an i7k might even push numbers more.

But really it all depends on the game.

It's never ending.

For me, a $600 i5 + R9 380 / 390 is perfectly fine.

But if you obviously have the money and can afford the 980Ti and i7k, what's a little OC do to your wealth?

so why do people wait for newest cards? I thought you never buy newest hardware because expensive in comparison to price/performance of older ones...

If you bought a 970 after that Jewvidia VRAM bullshit please go off yourself.

Thanks user. I guess I'll be patient but my 7950 has been sucking wind for a while now.

May 19th they're annoucning their new polaris cards.

>because expensive in comparison to price/performance of older ones
That's not how it works with GPUs.
New generations offer higher performance while maintaining the same prices.

Probably people like me who wait a couple generations before buying. I bought my last card in 2013, so choosing newest isn't as bad as someone buying from last generation where the improvements aren't cost effective.

Thanks m8

with the top-end GPUs you get 15-30fps going from an i5 to an i7

now those extra thread might be the reason, and only when certain games need it

but on games that doesn't require more threads BUT benefits fromstronger/ higher clocked speed, OCing might get you another 10fps

it's always worth it if you have the money

>skylake i7
>with just a 390
>over 1 TB SSD space
The i7 is overkill, and you could save there and upgrade later since the socket is sure to stay around for a while. The graphics card is underpowered compared to the CPU, and it's an extremely poor time to buy a GPU right now. Even if you won't buy a next gen one the price drop to older models will be large. DDR4 is a waste if you don't get anything faster, at least buy a mobo that supports upgrading to something fast, and 650W is retarded on a 1 GPU rig.

Mediocre effort, spectacularly bad for the cost.

>with the top-end GPUs you get 15-30fps going from an i5 to an i7
Gonna need some charts to back those claims.

This. i7 is pretty much useless for gaming.

>Doesn't perform as well as the 390
How many times do we need to prove this dumb meme wrong?

>2016
>still being a brand loyalist

What a dumb fucking sheep

> le high TDP, le high Temp

what's this? 2012, 2009, 2004 meme?

the current AMD 300s sure loses on efficiency against the current Maxwell, but they're still on par to the older GTX 700s, which was fine even then, hypocrite much?

> le nvidia gimp
> le dx12 issue
> le async issue
> gtx 770 faster than 280x at launch
> r9 280x faster than 380, gtx 960, 770, 680 in that order
> r9 280x faster than a fucking 780ti in new dx12titles
> le 3.5gb + 512mb gtx 970

new games are going to benefit from better dx12 handling, which AMD has

new games are going to benefit from higher bandwidth memory,which the new Pascal / Polaris has - GDDR5X and HBM/2 VRAM

yfw you got a gtx 970 bwahahaha

You tell me.

We're you trying to prove that user right?
Because half those pics have the 970 just as good or better performing than the 390

because in every 5 years or so there will be this HUGE leap in PC / GFX technology

like how we had it with dx11 in 2009

the newer Pascal / Polaris is the next big leap

it's such a huge leap from current dx11 lineups

the new cards are 'fully' dx12 capable and offers 2x performance at 1/2 the power required, and of course, DX12

To be fair it doesn't include any DX12 games.

There are more pics showing the 390 outperforming the 970 than the opposite.

True