So did anyone else think that this was just... really, really bad?

So did anyone else think that this was just... really, really bad?

I fucking love Fire Emblem. I even played shitty half-incoherent fan translations of the early Japanese ones. Maybe it's only because I've been a fan of the series for so long that all the recent changes rub me the wrong way... but no, that can't be it, because I enjoyed Awakening! Its writing was the worst-to-date of any FE, but it introduced a lot of exciting concepts, appealing characters, and had great fights.

But Fates... it's sooooo bad. I've literally never seen a stupider, more ridiculous plot. It's severly disjointed, almost nonsensical, and everyone's goddamned royalty.

I'd ignore that if the gameplay was decent, but the fights are kinda shit and I don't give a fuck about the characters. Even the ones that are obviously shamelessly pandering repeats from Awakening.

We want the female audience the game.

Oh and most of all: They charged us full price for 1/3rd of a game.

The locilazation was easily the worst in recent memory. If you played Treehouse's version, you basically didn't play the game.

Seriously, how do you even fuck up this bad in every single possible way? Shit dubbing even by English dub standards (and no dual audio), rewriting half the dialog to random unrelated shit and completly ruining the characterization of most of the cast.

Not to defend the localization but even the Japanese version was shit. All of the problems with the base game carried over and got Treehouse meme writing for good measure.

No. FE14 may be absolutely awful in terms of story, but the gameplay of the Conquest version (and only that version) was excellent. The mechanics were good as they accomodated interesting and reliable tactics and the level design in conquest lunatic mode was excellent.
>awakening... had great fights
>the fights are kinda shit
No, not at all.

No, we were telling you that from the start.

>He fell for the FE14 meme

I wonder if that guy will post this despite me already doing it for him.

It wasn't shit, just bland.

The fan translation was shit

>bland is not shit
Even then the plot is incredibly contrived and full of mary-sue faggotry.

I liked the map design and the hoshido designs but that's where it ends.

its a step above shit, not good, but could be far worse

This right here, the gameplay is the best FE has ever had and hopefully they add on to it in future games, but holy shit they need a new writer to fix their terrible stories

I'm playing Conquest Lunatic mode, and it's shit. Every map has some stupid gimmick and they went overboard with unique unit skills.

>Worst MU than Robin
>Worst story in the entire series
>Stupid characters
>Female characters are more waifubait than Awakening ever was
>majority of the cast was unlikeable
>split the game up in 3 different ways and can't buy them all together as one card without having to break the bank for scalpers copies of SE
>Gameplay is only good on Conqest and 50% of Revelations but it's so all over the place to truly judge the gameplay
>Special Classes like Tactician and Grandmaster locked behind Amiibo
>the only major positives are gameplay, music and better graphics than FEA but everything else is overall worst than Awakening.

So is Fates worst than Binding Blade now?

>Plays fire emblem for the plot
LOL
>thinks gameplay is bad
It's the same fucking thing except now there's gaurd and attack stances.. your autism is too strong for you to learn it? Fucking niggers hate the game because they don't understand it jesus christ

If you don't want maps to be unique or characters to have unique attributes, then this is the wrong genre for you. You are criticizing a game for being good because you like the taste of shit.

Why did every support conversation have to be some quirky interaction about nothing?

Why did the child units even have to exist?

He probably enjoys Fallout 4 lmao

The story is retarded
There is no charismatic characters
There is almost no synergy between all of the cast
The supports feel like cutouts
Too many classes, too many weapons
Ultimately everything that you do feels pointless

>he fell for the Fates meme

I had fun with Conquest. I liked the gameplay and cast, and the story was so awful I could easily make fun of it.

I never finished Birthright because I was plain bored of every facet of it and I haven't even gotten to Revelation yet. Nor do I really want to.

>If you played Treehouse's version, you basically didn't play the game.
I'd say that's going a little far considering the gameplay is the same and all the major issues are also the same. Shitty paired endings, crap plot, ect.
I mean I prefer the localized script a little bit over the Jap one. But go with whatever you like honestly.

What really pisses me off is the whole Hidden Truths campaign
>Makes Lilith look important when she does literally fuck all in the canon route
>Makes the Awakening trio look absolutely retarded

Gameplay-wise the game's fucking great. All they have to do is get their shit together with the writing.

>The story is retarded
The cookie cutter "they're bad we're good" was better?
>There is no charismatic characters
Can't read?
>There is almost no synergy between all of the cast
If you meant that every character doesn't have synergy with every other unit in that poorly worded sentence, then no fucking shit
>The supports feel like cutouts
refer to the last point
>Too many classes, too many weapons
Play fallout 4, that might be at your level
>Ultimately everything you do feels pointless
explain further, you clearly had no understanding of either story and never played revelations if you feel this

Are you ready for IS to fuck up best Fire Emblem and girl next year?

I hate the plot, the characters and the cringey fanservice shit. At least Conquest was a lot of fun to play in between all that crap.

I heard IS were hiring some famous manga dude to do the scenario, but I guess that didn't work out too well.

If that = her getting into smash, it would still be worth it.

>I heard IS were hiring some famous manga dude to do the scenario, but I guess that didn't work out too well.
Oh no they did. And then they ditched all of it.

They ditched pretty much everything but the basic premise he gave them.

Honestly, Treehouse made the game more tolerable. It wasn't a rewrite of the calibre of Kid Icarus, but they did improve on a lot of the shit in the Japanese version from what I've seen. It also has a lot more personality and flow than the fan translation.

All the horrible shit in the game seemed to be in the original version too. If anything, I would have liked them to change even more of that stuff.

Conquest had the best maps. It was my first time doing a classic playyhrougj and managed to get by even after losing arthur and elise in thd 2nd last level.

Birthright i played 2nd and it was too easy. Didnt lose a single unit and ryoma could take on 6 enemies in one turn.

I was bunt out of fire emblem by the time i started Revelations.

Gameplay i loved it, but the story was garbage. I feel the final fight against the king in birthright retcons the story of conquest. Why can he be a dragon in one game but a slime monster in the other? And why does azura so calmly expalains valla to corrin in Revelations but doesnt fucking mention anything in conquest? Its like the writers of each game didnt play the other 2 until after launch.

The story in FE has almost never been good, but it's never felt like this one, where is just fucking stupid and never makes you care about anyone or anything
The synergy thing i meant like synergy is inexistent in this game, everything feels forced
>Hurr go back to call of duty
You're a retard
Yes i haven't played revelations, i finished nohr and i almost finish hoshido but i have no motivation to keep going

Why even bother?

>Her getting into smash.
But, user. Lyn is already in Smash.

All they are gonna do is go for the Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem route if they remake FE7.

Only extra shit they'll add is making Mark playable (but have zero story influence aside from one chapter), having him to support other units, extra supports for other units and remake it along with FE6 so Roy can finally have his game out in the west and make it better.

Fire Emblem is one of my favorite series as well, and Fates, wasn't great by any means, but I tend to look on it a little more kindly than some on this board.

A big problem that I see that I hope they address with the next game is that the kids are ruining things. They had to shoehorn them into this game just to have them, and the explanation for why they were older was terrible. But the real problem is that half the reason that I enjoy Fire Emblem is for the characters and character development, which is ruined when you change characters halfway through. And you almost have to, because the kids are so much more fucking optimal than the parents. But it's not as fun to use the characters that you've been using the entire game and invested so much in gameplay wise and emotionally as well.

On top of all that, the characters just haven't been written as well as some of the older games, and that has really hurt my personal enjoyment of the games.

I honestly don't mind all the waifu type stuff and could even live with some of the other stuff if the writing was only better.

The initial reveal looked so fucking good. I wish there was more of a focus on sengoku japan vs the >holy >roman >empire instead of generic anime crap.

It's not like there isn't a market for a more serious story these days. Game of Thrones is widely popular and has (or had) a focus on political intrigue, backstabbing and all that good stuff. You just need to weave that around SRPG gameplay and people will eat it up.

Intelligent Systems aren't very Intelligent

Conquest is fun.

Birthright is kind of eh.

Revelation is fucking garbage, the devs should literally be ashamed for half the shit it does, it terms of game balance and story writing.

>The cookie cutter "they're bad we're good" was better?

Compared to Fates?

Leagues better. I'd rather have the simplicity of a cookie cutter plot than a shoddy attempt at some sort of moral dilemma that goes nowhere.

>Only extra shit they'll add is making Mark playable (but have zero story influence aside from one chapter), having him to support other units, extra supports for other units.

I'm okay with this.

>along with FE6 so Roy can finally have his game out in the west and make it better.
Fuck off FE7 and FE6 should come packaged together, user.

I don't want FE6 with my FE7.

Conquest is good, but that pretty much means only 1/3 of the game is good, and the plot and writing are some of the worst I've ever seen in my life.

And now FE is going mobile. Fucking hell.

>The story in FE has almost never been good, but it's never felt like this one, where is just fucking stupid and never makes you care about anyone or anything

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you have grown up, your taste in video has changed and you don't want to come to terms with it.

Do you seriously think Fates' story is remotely comparable to the other Fire Emblems'?

The only Fire Emblem game that really had a good story was Path of Radiance. And then they ruined it with Radiant Dawn.

Cordelia is best girl.

4 had a pretty nice plot to it besides the really sudden as fuck romance with Sigurd and Durr.

Playable.

Don't play with me user, you know what i meant.

That's what I meant.

Once you finished FE7 part, it'll transfer into FE6 next so Roy can finally have his moment and then and only then they could even try to use the Child mechanic again since it'll make sense.

Plus it'll actually give a plot for what the fuck Lyn did post FE7 since she was nowhere in FE6 (which wasn't IS fault for that since Lyn was specifically made for FE7 and western audiences)

>All this talk of FE7 remake
>All I can imagine is how they'll remake it with 3D models and keep their shitty crit animations
>No juicy as fuck over the top sprite crits
>Magic will continue to look fucking garbage

Pls no.

>The only Fire Emblem game that really had a good story was Path of Radiance.
I'll prove you wrong with these two words: Holy War

Well, I'm gonna be purchasing it today so I'll get back to you on that.

But the way you state it, like others have pointed out that fire emblems story has always been on the bad side.

You can only take one back with you to your room, Tactician.

Who do you take?

They generally weren't great, but they weren't bad either. Fates is laughably terrible in every possible way. It's on the level of those "so bad it's good" movies made in the 80s.

I take my books

While the stories haven't usually been great, I could not be arsed to care about anything that happened in Conquest, and while the maps were fun I slowly lost motivation to play and dropped it like 2/3 of the way through

Conquest is one of the best campaigns in FE.
>but the story is shit
kek you niggers should take your nostalgia goggles off and reevaluate FE7's story if you think Fates was especially shit. Nergal is a bigger retard than Azura and Lyn has less bearing on the plot than Hinoka.

Lyn obviously.

There's also FE4 and Sacred Stones but I do agree that FE story tends to be mediocre and bland on most parts and shit on others as well.

The rock.

The plot of fire emblems have been a hit and a miss, but they have never been that bad. RD was bad, but Fates is straight shit.

Lyn no question.

Fates is actually a good game and I like it better than Awakening, Birthright fills my need for a grindan game on the go and Conquest is actually a good challenge. I also like trying to get as many skills as possible on characters that have no business having them. It would be a great game though, if the plot wasn't complete utter and total dogshit. I'd be surprised if anyone told me they gave a shit about a single character throughout the course of the plot.

If that's Mia in that pic to the upper right of Lyn, then I'm taking Mia, duh.

>I can finally waifu Lyn with my self insert
I need this so badly.

But in one way or another, FE7 had memorable things, the animations, people still remember Hector and Lyn, the music, who the fuck is going to give a fuck about anything in FE: fates across all the 3 games 15 years later? No fucking one that's the answer

Sacred stones comes to mind
>Lyon pulling those crazy stunts
>Erika thinking he's still good despite all the shit he pulls

Why didn't IS add fucking support locks? Making you have to clear a certain chapter/event to activate a support between people so they don't spoil shit in the story?

Is it that hard to make something like that or they were just lazy/didn't care?

>Erika thinking
Please don't bully the retard. It's not her fault she's an idiot.

>kek you niggers should take your nostalgia goggles off and reevaluate FE7's story if you think Fates was especially shit.
FE7's story was plain and uninteresting but it was also inoffensive
Fate's story is actively offensive with its stupidity and is way worse

Conquest was meh. Not really as difficult as people say it is. Story was god awful.

Birthright had the best story. Chapters were good.

Invisible kingdom had dogshit balance. Literally Ryoma Emblem.

I think one thing we can all agree on is Aqua being the most retarded character ever.

>replacing an entire conversation with "...".

>tfw there are people who choose Camilia over Elise.
Just fuck my shit up senpai.

Camilla is best.

>Clingy mommy complex bitch.

Gotta agree with

They're both the best sisters. Who gives a shit about Hinoka or Sakura? Both of them seem so bland compared to Elise and Camilla.

So I'm new to FE and might try these. But what's the deal with them? Why are there 3 different games? What are the differences

I just bought Fates. playing it on Hard is just a damn good Fire Emblem game that actually has a semblance of balance which is an absolute first for the series.

the story and storytelling is the worst it has ever been in the entire series. if it wasn't 3 in the morning and I weren't so tired, I could go on for hours about how many things prevented this game's story and characters from being good

which is a shame. Because they actually could have done some very interesting things with the premise but went for low hanging fruit and easy pandering instead

most missed potential since Radiant Dawn

2 are terrible and one is tolerable. Just play conquest.

Eirika was a fine character. She was a sheltered young girl who still managed to cling to her idealism and optimism in the face of brutal war and ended up punished for it, the only reason you dipshits dislike her is because you want her to be le strong and independent like your Mongol waifu.

If you're new to FE you should start with 7

How much dick did Lyn take from Mark to remember him even after becoming a card spirit, and mention finding him two more time since the events of FE7?

Well shit. This game comes out tomorrow here and I have one of the versions on pre-order.

It's not Conquest

Cancel it and get Conquest instead

My condolences

I'm going to have to agree with Conquest storyline being offensive. Well I don't think that Conquest is that bad I do get annoyed bipolar and constantly having to pause in the middle of battle to tell his troops not to kill people it feels cheesy and way out of place. For example at the end of chapter 8 all that was needed was for Karan to give the word to heal the injured troops to get his point across not this whole killing is bad bs

Kamui is a indecisive little bitch all throughout Conquest.

If it isn't a special bundle with all 3, you should ask to switch to conquest. Everyone is so boring in Birthright that you'll have to force yourself to finish the game. And then there's a massive difficulty spike in the last 6 or so chapters.

The only parts I did like was where he was pretending to be edgy. I think Fates to the benefit from being a bit darker.

It felt like they had to ruin every single good idea they had. There is fucking wasted potential abound. Hoshido can do no wrong is what killed it for me. They tried to push that shit so fucking hard but accidentally gave all the good characters to Nohr.

Very underrated, nice taste.

She probably just loves him very much

they fucked every night and before every battle for luck

I'm in the middle of Birthright and I'm enjoying it so far overall.

+ New mechanics threw me for a loop at first, but are pretty good.
+ Lowered stats from Awakening close the gap between you and your enemies; now when you're stronger it isn't by so much that you can't take some solid hits and not need to be healed.
+ My Castle

- Support convos are one long conversation rather than one incident per level. This gives less exposure to different sides of a character and make them feel flat, or less fleshed-out.
- Dialogue often sounds out of place. Like it's from the wrong era, even keeping in mind that Outrealms/alt.worlds are canon.
- Story is basic

I'll have a better opinion after I play the other games and story DLC. I hear Conquest has the worst story ever though, so I don't expect much.

>Nohr
>Good characters

Aside from Leo, those depressed fucks aren't that good. Especially considering how they can go full retard in some parts.