Why was the driving in this game so shitty?

Why was the driving in this game so shitty?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F_xpVv62W-o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because you can't drive IRL.

That game has better driving than GTA V.

3 reasons

1. Almost every car was an FR/MR meaning they all drove with the rear tires. This causes immense understeer and the controllability of the car is low. Its really bad at high speeds because your back end swings out horribly due to the loss of traction.

2. cars are actually very heavy, this causes the cars to retain a fuck ton of their momentum. This causes cars to turn awfully around corners. Some people liked this because it actually felt like cars actually had differences and it was more realistic this way

3. mass was not tied to weight. This means you can have a car with the mass of the sun but it still stood on the earth like normal and wasn't too heavy for the suspension. This also means you could have cars that have immensely high momentum at extremely slow speeds which makes turning awful despite your grip being the same

It seems more like you never drove in your life, because car are not supposed to be driven like a shitty boat.

Whats funny is the way this is fixed is changing every car that is FF (front wheels drive the car) all of the driving issues are fixed.

Change 90% of the cars from rear wheel drive to front wheel drive and I guarantee you the handling and acceleration changed so much that you'll love it. Your cars stop spinning out, you don't have awful under steer and your cars acceleration and braking responses are improved.

Your driving must be as horrible as your grammar.

>rear wheel drive
>bad

youre a fucking woman arent you

>over 1 million people in one spot
>they all chew gum
>sticky wheels when driving on road

The driving isn't even the worst part, the missions are the worst in the series. Seriously, check the wiki on 4's missions. Pick up a slag, get her to the clothes shop. new missions, go buy a hat, it's stupid mundane shit like that. Then the game is devoid of content compared to past games. I think GTA 3 has more side content than GTA 4

>Rear wheel drive causes massive understeering and people complain about poor handling
>guys just change the rear wheel drive to front wheel drive, solves all your problems
>LOL U WOOMEN

Keep complaining about "driving a boat that can't turn" when thats literally your issue

GET
GOOD

You're retarded if you think understeer is cause by rear wheel drive.

and yet a hastily written post still btfo you.

In GTA4 it was

I'm not kidding, go to the vehicle handling editor and change every car that should be an FF to an FF and see what happens.

tons of fucking sedans in GTA4 that are really FF in real life are FR in GTA4 which ruins their handling

>still btfo you

lol I'll let you think that

you can't drive for shit

It wasn't.

Cars really do drift.

Actually one of the few things I liked about that shitty game.
I still think V's was better but the car damage physics were much cooler in 4 to be honest. Fuck that retarded story and boring missions though, TBoGT was pretty fun I guess.

and you still haven't proved you actually drove any cars in real life, because you would have known GTA V cars aren't realistic.

>Fuck that retarded story and boring missions though

Yeah I don't know how they dropped the ball in V.

IV has best characters.

shit bait dude

>GTA V

who's talking about V?

*IV

V's story was a fucking mess. IV's might have been generic, but at least it was coherent.

Also V has no memorable characters.

yeah man russian guy 1 and 2 were so memorable, and dont forget jamaican weed smoking guy!

>Because you can't drive IRL.
how is that relevant to the point OP is making?

Was talking about IV. Worst story line of the GTA games, it takes itself way too seriously. And those missions are ass. TBoGT was definitely an improvement.

V is a whole lot better than the shitshow known as IV.

>V has no memorable characters
What is Trevor?
His VA has even been appearing in popular TV series thanks to that role.

Because you couldn't play the game in actual first person

name one memorable character from V

>What is Trevor?

a shitty character only a 15 year old from Sup Forums would like

>Playing V in first person

V's first person was garbage for driving.

you're garbage for living

it's like driving with your right eye closed, and your head pushed too far forward.

It's stupid.

michael
franklin
trevor
lester
lamar
steve
devin
jimmy
franklins mother
ron
lazlo
jb

>Trevor

Worst taste.

gta 4's sultan rs is still one of my favorite cars ever, loved burning corners through downtown with it

I mean it's alright if you don't have a license but just admit you've never driven.

I can't see the passenger seat when I'm focusing on driving.

Because you are retarded

>franklins mother

jesus christ at least play the game before listing all these shitty characters, and this made up one

>liking jimmy or lamar

holy shit

This is why I drove AWD or FWD cars like the Blista in IV.

but surely you can see the entire windscreen

idiot

maybe if you got rid of that yeeyee-ass haircut you'd get some bitches on your dick

NIGGGAAAAA

You obviously didn't play V if that's your opinion of him. Way to sound like a 15 year old contrarian from Sup Forums with that post.
You haven't named any memorable characters from IV yet, le Jamaican weedman and generic Russians are shit and very forgettable.
V has better:
Gunplay
Driving
Customability
A lot more content
Better optimization for PC
Things to do in multiplayer
And while not a good story still better than IV's

mother figure whatever dude

>getting mad about jimmy and lamar

proves theyre memorable

>franklins mother
Confirmed for never played the game

>Angry

what?

firstly that was his shittty aunt

secondly who the fuck is mad?

they're just terrible characters

that you remembered because theyre memorable

Franklin's mother is dead.
I think he meant his aunt.

But I love Lamar though.

That car is in V and you can actually customize it.

lamar is 'memorable' because he's a carbon copy of ryder

>You haven't named any memorable characters from IV yet,

Brucie alone is better than any character in V.

Tell me how I'm wrong about Trevor. Oh wait is it because he's "loyal"?

Wow what a deep characters, totally not a tryhard attempt at being lolsorandumb.

youtube.com/watch?v=F_xpVv62W-o

>tfw you can adapt to both driving systems and have no issues controlling them.

>Not liking Lamar
IV fans everyone, just goes to show your shit taste knows no bounds

Are you fucking retarded?

You forgot to mention it's a Benny's car so it has 3-4x as much customization as any non-Benny's car

This.
I don't know why that one autistic IV fan that shows up in every thread thinks that IV's driving takes any skill.

>

HAHA XD

>But I love Lamar though.

fucking why - he's so god damn insufferable

what is good about lamar

You're the one who doesn't understand that memorable doesn't equal good.

>there are people who didn't play V in it's entirety in First Person

>liking lamar

I bet you like Vines rubbish too don't you

they're not memorable

you mentioned them and it reminded me of how terrible they are

stop being fucking retarded

Thats like saying Crysis 2 was a good game because people remember how shitty it was compared to Crysis 1.

posting that prettyboy

you horrible taste knows no bounds does it

This is probably the dumbest thing I've read all year thus far.

>something being memorable means you like them

see:

Not gonna lie, all those characters are fucking terrible, and Lazlo should've stayed on the radio.
>franklin's mother

what

Bro have you looked at the statistics for the 15 hours of FPS achievement? Like... 6% of total players earned it. Not even. Rockstar is using that as a metric to determine if it's worth investing time and money into adding it to future games, you can guarantee it. Why else have an achievement for sitting in FPS mode for a certain amount of time? It's a literal metric. And people failed.

Thank you normies, you pieces of shit. I put all this effort in trying to get first person in GTA and succeed, and now it's spoiled because you're all too casual to actually get immersed in a game anymore. No, it's all about being in stupid fucking GTAO and smoking that xxx420blazeitxxx weed. Such fucking morons.

I remember the CIA agent you kill at the end. Although he just seemed like a Handsome Jack ripoff.

If you actually played the game you'd know. Lamar outshines any character in GTA IV.
There's no reasoning with your autism though, you show up to every one of these threads that I've seen. Thanks for all the (You)s
>not having the anime paint job
Oh we've got a refined gentleman here

Stop posting.

It's just funny hearing stupid shit he says.
I think It's hard to describe because it's a LA culture thing.

see:

>uses dead horse fedora meme
>still can't explain how Lamar is good
>anime paint job
>refined gentleman

You are one insufferable cunt.

>you need to live in that shithole to "get it"

right

You've not mentioned one thing that makes IV better than V.
You do this every thread, you just nitpick little things and never provide anything on way IV is better.
No more (you)s for you

I don't know how anyone could like Lamar. He was fucking annoying.

Your "devoid of content" is another's roleplaying. If you can't enjoy the character banter and radio, what the fuck is the reason you're playing GTA?

>rob a bank
>「IT AIN'T ME」 starts playing

I don't live in LA but I'm near it.
It's just the way of life.

>Brucie alone is better than any character in V.

Completely agree.

Only decent character in V was Michael, but even he was somewhat boring, like Franklin.

Trevor was just as insufferable as Lamar, and Michael's family made me want to shoot myself.

I fucking hate how carpet tunnelly it is.

He is in V possibly in the next DLC expansion. The question is when?

Gta IV has the best driving in the series. Sorry that you prefer the arcade style where you can make 90° turns at 100mph.

Only his shark test is referenced, nothing more.

It's not even realistic though, if I want to play a game with superior driving mechanics I'll play Forza or Gran turismo to name a few.

He is fully modeled in the game

I think the main reason people like him is that he is intentionally unlikable, almost to the point of blatant satire.

Actually, there's a lot of blatant satire in this series, now that I think about it.

go play them then

they're completely different genres anyway you fuckng dolt

GTA V 7.5/10 +Superior in almost every way
GTA IV 4/10 +it has Brucie

Just like in real life. Front engine cars with front wheel drive are generally regarded to be faster than any rear wheel drive car.

yeah but even satire is supposed to be funny

sa did the whole hood satire well already

>Foust

Memorable often refers to likability in video games. Nobody would say Superman 64 is memorable.

In fact, the definition is "worth remembering", which shitty characters aren't.

As in Tanner Foust, the guy in the car.

>something being memorable means you like them

Yes the term "memorable" is used as a positive term.

>worth remembering or easily remembered, especially because of being special or unusual.

So you wouldn't easily remember the day you got cancer? The day your dad died? 9/11?

There's an FOV mod

>yeah get a real good close up of the rockstar logo
>good work, johnson

Jesus, what a soulless corporate wasteland the world is