Soulsborne

Let's cut the Bullshit.
This game is not nearly as good as Bloodborne. It isn't even on the same level. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but it's pretty clear the overwhelming opinion of people that have played both games know and understand that Bloodborne is better.
It's just a fact. Dark Souls 3 doesn't come close. Bloodborne wipes the floor with it. Not even close.
That's not to say Dark Souls III is a "bad" game, but it simply can't compete. End of story. Period.

Bloodborne is harder

Bloodborne is short as fuck and really samey throughout. It's an 8/10.

People rdo love bloodborne!
It shows!

BB + Old hunters > DS3 > BB

I'm waiting for the DLC before calling 3 truly shit.

>soulsborne

Better level design, worse world design.

UH UH, NAH NAH, NO WAY!
YOU AIN'T FOOLIN' ME, OP!
UH UH, NAH NAH, NO WAY!
UH UH, NAH NAH, NO WAY!
UH UH, NAH NAH, NO WAY!
Gonna post bait while I'm on the clock?
Barely on topic cause you're hungry for YOUs?
Postin' a pic of your newest crush.
IS SHE EVEN 18, OP?
No one's asking for much but you could at least try.
YOU A DAMN FUCKIN' FOOL, OP!
UH UH, NAH NAH, NO WAY!
UH UH, NAH NAH, NO WAY!
UH UH, NAH NAH, NO WAY!
UH UH, NAH NAH, NO WAY!
(bridge)
OH OP! OH OP!
WE'RE GONNA HANG YOU FROM A TREE!
AND ALL THE OTHER BOARDS WILL WATCH AS WE STRING UP OLD OP!
POOR OP! POOR OP!
NEVER HAD A CHANCE AT ALL, DID HE?
BUT WON'T BE LONG TIL' WE SING THIS SONG BOUT ANOTHER CRAP OP!
UH UH, NAH NAH, NO WAY!
UH UH, NAH NAH, NO WAY!
UH UH, NAH NAH, NO WAY!
UH UH, NAH NAH, NO WAY!

>DS3 > BB
No, when will this meme end?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

3 is better than base game but worse than it after the old hunters. I don't see how this is wrong.

It isn't nearly as good as any of the other souls games, let alone fucking Bloodborne of all things.

Have bloodborne platinum
Got it in less than a week
I think ds3 is a better game
Do you have a problem with that?

Good to know COD is the best game ever since sales = quality.

>neo-Sup Forums isn't real, they said

Honestly if bb was 60 frames then no one would need to play souls 3, it pretty bland but maybe dlc will fix that

I bought a PS4 one month before DaS3 came out to experience BB before playing it.

BB does a couple of things better than DaS3. The World Design is better (with a bunch of optional areas and hidden secrets, not as good as DaS1 but close). The game tries a bunch of new things while DaS3 just reuses most of its concepts/ideas and the lore is in general better with a lot of characters and an attempt to actually tell a tale instead of telling the same fucking story a third time.

However it also does a bunch of things wrong. The environmental diversity fucking sucks and while I loved the Victorian theme it gets really tiring when half of the areas in the game follow it (fucking churches everywhere). Bosses and creatures suffer from a similar problem as they are all some sort of lycan beast. Even in the late-game when I was expecting more eldritch horrors the game still isn't that varied. The healing system is far too fast and forgiving. The 20 vials become an extension to your HP since its so safe to use it and you can play the game carelessly since you can just attack to recover health. Armor/Weapon variety fucking sucked before the DLC. Runes are a straight inferior system to rings. PvP invasion mechanics were fucking terrible and you may as well play the game offline unless you summon or want to see messages.

BB might be the better game now because of Old Hunters which is 100/10, but wait until DaS3 gets its own before "cutting the bullshit".

>Old hunters dlc is samey
Its the most varied part of the game.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ITS PERFECT STOP!!!!!

Now add Yharnam

Yharnam is more linear than DS3

I don't like Bloodborne.

>

Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne both feel like a 1 or 2 maybe 3 time play through type of game, I havn't played BB (no ps4) but dark souls 3's end game pvp is pretty fucking trash with this no poise bullshit going on the game kinda forces you to play with more dex styled weapons and your clearly are at a bigger disadvantage when you try and fight with bigger shit ie greatswords. Bloodborne's pvp really isn't there and the game has less variety but is more my style. but from what i've seen I think BB+OH is the better game so far, DLC ain't out for DS3 so i'm not calling dark souls 3 shit

But its true fag
All that shit is linear with 3 extra zones

Bloodborne, for the most part, was designed so that not being able to play online is feasible, because you need to fork over cash to Sony to use it. Compare that to Dark Souls 3, which is explicitly designed to need covenant items to get shit. So, if you can't get PSN, or if you're on PC like I am and your account is fucked out of covenant invasions due to its age (yes, the matchmaking is based on how new your account is, it's that fucking awful), then your only option is to make a NEW alt account, family share it, and transfer your save so you can have the game fucking function.

Optional levels in BB:
>Hemwick
>Cainhurst
>Upper Cathedral Ward
>Nightmare Frontier
>Old Yharnam (if you killed Cleric and bought the key)
>all of Chalice dungeons

Optional levels in DS3:
>Demon Ruins (aka the worst level in the series)
>Archdragon Peak

It's lost its merit now that the date has gone by

I still like DS2 better

Ds3>Ds>BB>Ds2>DeS

even though i prefer BB its better not to compare
Both are amazing games

>mfw people who haven't played Demon's Souls or Bloodborne think their opinion on the series is valid or important

Ds3 is a game that really needed some kind of chalice dungeon component to make up for how fucking short it is (and how there's no way to refight any of the bosses without going to NG+ or doing co-op)

DeS > DaS3 > DaS > DaS2 > BB
I'm a Sonyfag AND a Lovecraft fag.
They fucked up.
Now reply to me how I don't even have a ps4 and how it's not my ps4 or account when I post pictures.

You're entitled to your opinion, user.

no its not
its less balanced , it uses tons of ideas from BB so it lacks originality and the bosses are trying to hard to be ludwig
DS3 is amazing but its not its own thing

I read this in Donald Trump's voice and it made more sense. 8/10 bait

nobody takes you seriously
remember that

you forgot the smallest area in the series and literally the starting area (as literally as possible) except with different enemies and no skybox

From the people I talked to it seems like if you played bloodborne first it is your favorite, but I am sure others are different.

Why do these reactions make me laugh so hard?

Why can't we like both?

DS2 is the only one that deserves our hatred.

same here

and people tell me soulsfags aren't cancer.
this is basically a console war, just switch bb with ps4 and ds3 with pc.

Did anyone say CUT?

I'm in.

Cause Dark Souls 3 was rushed to shit. From Software just wanted to get it over with and move on to greener pastures. This is evident in the lazy level design (catacombs, swamp, demon ruins, smouldering lake) and the reused enemies all over the place.

I played DeS first, DS1 was my favorite game of all time for a little while, but BB is simply the best one.

DS3 is alright but it's the same shit I already played for 400 hours except almost half the length and with awful pvp.

>date format changed
>same shitty handwriting
Why

you heard it here folks this guy played both so his opinion is fact.

My bad. I'd consider those optional bosses instead of optional areas, since everything preceding the bosses is over in 2 minutes.
>no skybox
I genuinely thought my GPU was frying. What a retarded artistic choice.

You're opinion is shit and Dark Souls 2 is a wonderful game.

ok
its not crazy to think someone likes ds3 over bb
Both are amazing games, but i will go with BB cause its a fresh new and balance experience
Ds3 is way to inspired by BB

>didn't like Untended Graves
>"Dark Souls 2 is a wonderful game"

>The game is so boring that you have to use the dlc to support your wrong opinion

Untended Graves was exceptionally lazy. There's some interesting lore bits that go completely unexplained, but they put about as little work into it as possible.

DS2 was not a wonderful game however.

>The environmental diversity fucking sucks and while I loved the Victorian theme it gets really tiring when half of the areas in the game follow it
Confirmed for never played it. I fucking wish this was true, i expected way more urban Victorian environments. Not that i didn't enjoy all the diversity.

>Get all the way up to SL 97 as a Smough cosplay, sick and tired of dealing only ~560 damage and trying to meet weight requirement for the gear
>Decide to go ahead and try an Anri's Straight Sword setup since I'll have to farm Ears anyway
>It does 400+ damage without Pine Resin
My god, I see the light of my folly.

Every Souls was rushed besides maybe Demon's.

Untended Graves was a half-assed attempt to recreate the Hunter's Workshop reveal in BB. If you never played BB I can understand why you'd be impressed by the concept, but the execution is poor.

Untended Graves is hardly any more halfassed than any other part of the game, it's just the one where's the halfassery is most obvious visually.

> Ds3 is a game that really needed some kind of chalice dungeon componen
No, it fucking didn't. Chalice dungeon dropped my final impressions of bloodborne from 9.5 to 8. "We have a well-designed world and a complex story, so here is a decision that would make everyone happy – how about we lock those challenging bosses in a series of grindy dungeons which all look the same and take up half the full game's worth of time. Totally rad, r-ight?"

>Untended Graves = Hunter's Workshop
I admit the similarities, but no, not really.
Untended Graves is a past version of Firelink Shrine, sealed away before Oceiros and Sullyvahn began their dark experiments and fucked everyone and everything up.

>half the full game's worth of time
on what fucking planet did Chalices take that long?

>Confirmed for never played it

Is this the only defense you fuckers have?

Yharnam, Cathedral Ward, Old Yharnam, Workshop/Upper Ward, Unseen Village, Nightmare of Mensis, Lecture Building and the First half of the DLC are all on the same fucking page, and I'm being nice for not including Cainhurst there.

Compare that with any of the Souls games, even DeS and you will see a huge difference in variety. The problem is that Souls areas got stale over time (token swamp, token castle, token village, etc) but the variety is still there. See DaS2, that is the most environmentally diverse Soul game yet.

The term Soulsborne is redundant.

Got through the story while skipping only 1 location in around 25 hours, chalices took me slightly upwards of 10 with 5 in defiled alone, go figure.

you mean that bloodborne feels samy visual wise which can be true but the design of these areas are great also BB has limited color palet so its one of the factors it looks samey

Sweet fanfic bro

Oh, alright, as long as you're clear that it's more a matter of being terrible at the game than anything else, that's fair.

Both were pretty shit in my opinion. The only cool thing about graves was the boss and bonus ending and about the workshop was the dash tool.

They didn't need to hammer the dream/firelink is fake into your head, you can already see it.

>i totally took down defiled watchdog and amygdala on my first try, git gud ^)
ok

I haven't touched BB because it's the only game on PS4 worth a damn, but 3 is so far above 2 that I can't help but love it for learning form it's mistakes.

Nice try. If you're spending five fucking hours in that part of the game you're not particularly good at it.

>Old Hunters* was harrder
ftfy

DeS>BB>DaSII>DaS>DaSIII

>From software developing demon's crest post civil world storyline
Why this isn't a thing? BB world is literally demons world but with fucked up humans.

Headless Bloodletting Beast, Abhorrent Beast and Loran Darkbeast are harder than anything in DaSIII by far.

DaSIII doesn't even have any particularly challenging bosses or stages.

>Yharnam, Cathedral Ward, Old Yharnam, Workshop/Upper Ward, Unseen Village, Nightmare of Mensis, Lecture Building and the First half of the DLC are all on the same fucking page
Not sure if serious or just deluded.

>I haven't touched BB because it's the only game on PS4 worth a damn
How can you know it if you don't even own a PS4? You probably doesn't know half of PS4 exclusives.

360 spinning TO THE EXTREME
It's like every enemy is now the hammer wielding knight form heide's tower

10/10 on par with ds1

You faggots dont even know what made dark/demons combat so good in the first place so fuck off with your opinions and you 100 hours playtime in the whole souls series.

>headless and loran camerbeast
really? you think those are tough? i'll give you abhorrent because i really like that fight, but those two are too easy. inb4
>bet you didn't do defiled versions
i farmed headless for heavy abyssals, easy as shit. and defiled darkbeast drops just as fast with whriligig r1's.

Yeah it's purely a visual critique. The level design of BB is top notch tho I believe DaS3 is superior there.

So you never touched Chalice dungeons? Or most of optional areas?

As much as I'm enjoying DaS3, anyone who thinks this game wasn't rushed to fucking hell is a delusional faggot.

So what's tougher in DaSIII?
The answer is nothing.

>chalice dungeons
>hard
maybe if you lost motor skills in your hands

>believe DaS3 is superior there.
debatable

>Enjoyed 2
>Thought 3 was meh
>start 1
>only beaten Taurus Demon and already having more fun than I did at any point with either of the other two
>dying in 1 makes me want to get good unlike in 3 where I just wanted to stop playing
Are people serious when they say 3 is better than 1? Because so far my time with 1 makes 3 feel like a pale imitation.

>Compare that with any of the Souls games, even DeS and you will see a huge difference in variety
I did and i found it to have as much as variety as the others which i regret because i wanted even more of that Victorian city setting.

Gotta agree that I got kinda disappointed it suddently became about old gods and such beings. Everything pre-rom in BB is much better than the rest of it.

Depth 5 dungeons are, by far, the biggest difficulty peak of the entire franchise. BB is the only game where co-op isn't always easy mode.

Of course, it's subjective.

I do strongly believe that BB has DaS3 beaten in terms of World Design though.

So, what's a fun build in DS3?

IM...IM...IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!

The Absolute Madman!

not him but yes
BB had way more optional content and way more well designed shortcats
But the samey look is noticable, i would want more visual variety too

luck/dex, get a hollow bleed weapon and a shitton of carthus rouge

Bloodborne with old hunters is a better pve game.
Some bosses have 3 phases and let you choose how to enter a phase, and are generally more challenging (especially compared to early DS3 bosses which was an intentional design decision).

The pvp isn't as fun compared to DS3 though. The main reason being that ranged parries make slow attacks way less usable compared to quick attacks. And of course the low stamina usage on dodges further reduces the effectiveness of certain slow weapons. Not even mentioning bell issues and mandatory 30 percent health punishment.

DS3 was also more 'fun' to me, and I probably completed this game faster than all other installments (including bloodborne).

I'm willing to bet DS3 will be top tier to most people once the 2 DLCs are released.

I found the alien shit pretty amusing actually. I just wanted more Victorian streets areas.

I bet you also drink sweet tea, faggot.