Why hasnt there been a ffvi remake yet?

Why hasnt there been a ffvi remake yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendoeverything.com/sakaguchi-says-final-fantasy-vi-didnt-sell-well-in-the-u-s-when-it-originally-hit-the-snes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because it's really not that good, and isn't worth the time remaking it

Get the fuck out

kys

I'd say that its the game that can benefit the mist from some heightened production value.

it really doesn't deserve near 1/10th of the praise it gets
its a mediocre jrpg with non-existent challenge and decent characters at best

>Want FF VII remake
>Get it, but it's sounding like complete shit (which should have been obvious from the get-go because S-E is a shit company)
>Continue wanting an FF VI remake

Some people never learn.

It doesn't need one

kys

Even still, it's easily one of the better FF games.

Tell us why it needs a remake, user.

I just started FFVI for the first time today. So far, at least, I don't see why it would need a remake. I'm not super fond of the eloganted characters on the world map but clearly it was a design decision. I guess there are some abusable bugs/balancing issues as there are with any FF game but that alone is rarely enough to warrant a remake. Therefore I assume that for there to be any purpose to the remake it would have to be some kinda complete overhaul like they are doing 7 and who really wants that?

it aged wery well, doesn't need a remake, and the mobile versions are shit

Every normie would love to play FFVI in 3D.

It doesn't need one. FF6 can easily stand the test of time.

FF7 on the other hand...

I am so very sick of this idea of remakes
just take what was so awesome about the old thing, and make a new thing drawing on those concepts
has a remake ever been better?

Not him but the gameplay is a huge mess. It's extremely unbalanced and full of glitches and things that simply don't work the way they should at all.

Better than the original or better than an original concept? If you mean the first then there's
Kirby Super Star Ultra
HeartGold/SoulSilver
Muramasa Rebirth

Oh and SFC Dragon Quest 3

>FF7 on the other hand...

Is still fine, unless you're a graphics whore. Well, except for the translation.

Because VII is better

The PC/PS4 version is all the remake that game needed, just sharpen up those jaggies and it's fine

>has a remake ever been better?

- REmake (technically, though I like the PSX version more, which I played years after I played REmake)
- Every Dragon Quest remake
- Most if not all Tales remakes
- Pokemon remakes
- Zero Mission, kind of

I'm probably forgetting a lot.

did those remakes fundamentally change the style/gameplay?

That and it fixed the magic block bug. Still has a lot of translation issues that no one ever talks about though.

Sell me on the Final Fantasy series, is FF7 really the best one? Why is FF8 hated

They're the easiest jrpgs to get into and are mostly fondly remembered by nostalgiafags. They tend to have nice music though.

The best is a subjective term. I like 9 more.

8 is okay. But I only look fondly on it because of nostalgia.

>is FF7 really the best one?

It's all down to opinion. Some people think the first is the best. I think VII is one of the best and a great way to get into the series.

>Why is FF8 hated

Several reasons. It's not FF VII, a lot of people are clinically retarded and don't understand the junction system, drawing magic instead of getting it the old fashioned way is annoying, the characters aren't much compared to most other Final Fantasy casts, and there's probably more than I'm forgetting.

Thanks for the responses bros, any reason why FF7 is so good? For lack of better terms it just looks like "generic weeb" stuff to me.

What makes FF7, FF9 etc so good and why is FF8 the black sheep? I'm only asking because FF15 was fucking great (the demos)

But user, there is a FFVI remake. Look at this screenshot showing off the stunning graphics!

I find Dragon Quest overshadows FF quite heavily altho the latter does have the advantage of more games and more gameplay innovation (although not necessarily for the best), I also think the SMT series and some of the spin offs are a lot stronger. I haven't explored other big series like Ys, Suikoden or Breath of Fire that much though. I guess my current ranking would put FF as the third best jrpg franchise (although there are loads of amazing individual (skies of arcadia) or small franchies (valkyrie profile) which are better games on the whole but it feels unfair to compare 1-2 games vs 14 (or 12 if we discount mmorpgs)

>looks like "generic weeb" stuff to me
>FF15 was fucking great (the demos)
oh
nevermind don't play the older games

anyone who plays the mobile versions is a fool

That's the color they thought the ocean was at that point?

Holy fuck what incompetent faggots.

this upsets me

>any reason why FF7 is so good?

Well, I've been playing the game since the late 90s, so I'm not exactly unbiased, but I like the characters, I like the materia system, I think it has the best soundtrack in Final Fantasy, and when I was 14 I thought the villain and story were ultra cool. I don't think that quite so much anymore, but they're still enjoyable for what they are.

If you happen to know Nihongo, play it in Japanese, the translation is a bit of a mess. There aren't errors every other sentence or anything, I've definitely seen worse translations, but there are still quite a bit of mistranslations and general inconsistency and localization oddity.

It does, FF15s combat was at least pretty fucking fun so that's why I can see how people enjoyed those games but the older games were turn-based (not that I mind turn based, I just find them "meh", nothing special).

So what is so good about the older games?

FF7 has that immaculate 90s cyberpunk feel. Like Ghost in the Shell, or Blade Runner. It really is timeless.

It also fires on all cylinders fucking constantly, throwing one insane set piece after another at you, because it came out in a time where standards for graphics weren't so high that making a cool cinematic or area costs millions of dollars. It's just so fucking massive and dense in unique content, people used to modern games can't even comprehend it.

This also goes for 8 and 9, but 8 suffers from a poorly written plot and some really obnoxious gameplay mechanics.

playing brave new world for the first time. and i agree. the game doesn't need a remake. i would love to see one on the 3ds though

because it would be too disrespectful to the core content

Dragon Quest is pretty cool too. To me, generally,

Pre 2000s
DD > DQ

But ever since then, DQ > FF. That's just speaking in general terms though, there are some pretty great 90s DQs, like III-V.

SMT seems pretty cool. I've only played the first game so far, though I like the spin-off series Persona (except for Persona 3).

>- Pokemon remakes
Not ORAS

ITT IV babbies need to feel hipster and VIIfags need to jump on the bandwagon

characters, story, music, world, setting
the gameplay is good if you like turn based jrpgs

Kefka's tower is the worst thing in this port. Not even mods can fix it.

>Pokemon remakes

ORAS was terrible and this is coming a Hoennfag

Oh, I haven't played ORAS. I remember everyone rode their dicks when it first came out, then suddenly they were shit.

FF8 has also a story full of plotholes that diehard supporters have tried for years to explain by conceiving the most absurd theories.

"I remembered you all guys, but I didn't tell you."

I was 13 when FF8 came out and at that point in my life I gobbled down everything movies and games tried to sell me, I bought their explanations for the most retarded stuff they could have put in a game/movie and took it for good. I was basically as gullible as you could be and that line didn't even manage to convince me.

But the plot has much much more retardness to it, that's just the tip of the iceberg.

It doesn't do the games justice.

While HGSS and FRLG added a lot as remakes, ORAS was just a shitty cashgrab with no thought put into it.

Just play FF14, it's currently doing a reenactment of VI's floating continent.

...Screencaps?

Because it's only popular amongst western contrarions

FF6 is objectively the best 2D FF game.

I wish the whole game was scrapped and became entirely about Laguna bro-ing it up instead of the time-fuckery plot hole crap it became

9>6>7>4>8>10
The rest are shit.

Only the US likes FF6. To the japs, it's one of the more mediocre games.

>Remake FF1&2 for GBA
>Remake FF3&4 for DS
>Remake FF7 for PS4

??????????????

The Nips aren't known for their stellar taste.

Guys I heard they're going to remake FF7

That's hard to believe considering prior to 6, with the exception of 4, the story were really just a loosely connected series of events you were railroaded through. But I guess japs do have shit taste in pretty much everything.

The gameplay isn't that good.

People always ask this kind of shit, but it really has been done a couple of times. On every entry but VII-IX and XII-XIII-2. VI was redone, almost completely on the GBA. Now we got that shitty Mobile/PC version that looks like the devs just ran it through RPG Maker.

I'm one of the people who actually likes the materia system, so I'm cool with it.

Their taste is pretty shit, but VI is a "middle-child" of the franchise that will probably get no love whatsoever besides an awful mobile port or two along the way.

They can't even port the game correctly, just look at the mobile version.

I'm happy if SE doesn't touch Final Fantasy 6 again, because they'd ruin it.

FF7 isn't that good.

i found 6 fun but i disliked the grind

sabin and cyan were the best party members

DELETE THIS

But it wasn't even SE, they've outsourced all the mobile ports/remakes of the FF games. If only they sent it towards the guys that handled the FFIII and IV 3D remakes

piss off reddit

le make me

>weeb who thinks they know more about Japan than the Japanese themselves: The post

nintendoeverything.com/sakaguchi-says-final-fantasy-vi-didnt-sell-well-in-the-u-s-when-it-originally-hit-the-snes/

Now quiet, child.

Neither is the West. Also, the guy is talking out of his ass, in case you're too idiotic to notice it.

Modders fixed this issue, I believe.

Animating, voice acting and rendering all of VI's characters and environment is no easy task. It basically have two open world states (before/after Kefpocalypse) with different monsters. Plus animating Sabin dunking a train while running away from it would be a daunting task.
Pre VII Final Fantasy relies on imagination, but now we must animate those imaginations, and it won't be easy.

I didn't say it sold well in the US. I'm saying that Americans will naturally put it on a pedestal more than they would III or V, which Japan like a lot more than VI.
Japan also liked IV a lot more than they did VI. The most popular FF games there are the ones with the most remakes and spinoffs.

VI, VIII, IX, and arguably V are the middle-child games that are only moderately popular. They are not likely to get anything more than the odd shitty mobile port for the next 10-15 years.
(VI is less popular than all those, by the way)