Kojima directs a Final Fantasy game

>Kojima directs a Final Fantasy game

What would it be like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GO7nyrNBFXA
youtu.be/GO7nyrNBFXA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A Final Fantasy 6 styled game with ARPG combat and kooky easter eggs/ kooky shit in general

you are the final fantasy

Masturbation over burgers.

About the same, really

>implying jap games are differents.

It's the same shit over and over again, no matter the dev.

I fucking hate asian culture.

This might be the one time where we'd get more gameplay again instead of more cinematics.

The MGS games had actual gameplay (between the hour-long cinematics) while the most recent FF games basically played themselves.

Also, the plot would actually make more sense than whatever the XIII games were supposed to be about.

Also, expect a shitton of references to movies and obscure pop culture (both Japanese and American)

youtube.com/watch?v=GO7nyrNBFXA

>a guy who is famous for writing Shounen level stories that focus on cinematics
>taking over a series famous for Shounen level storytelling and cinematics
So, nothing would change?

>Dragon Quest is exactly the same as Metal Gear Solid
Whatever helps you sleep at night dude.

>Final Fantasy
Please no.

Have him grab one of the Square's or Enix's forgotten franchises, like the SaGa or Chrono series

Or hell, he could basically make "Zone of Enders 3" in all but name, Square has been no stranger to space opera settings in the past

Well, Kojima focuses more on sci-fi while Square focuses on Fantasy (even if they have switched over to urban fantasy/steampunk compared to SNES Final Fantasy).

Star Ocean or Parasite Eve would be more up his alley.

Let's be honest. FFVII, VIII, X and XIII are more sci fi than fantasy. You can even argue that FFXII is bordering on scifi.

Also, Kojima has done non scifi stuff.

Epic twists that don't contribute anything

Final Fantasy is even worse at superfluous plot twists than MGS is.

>FFVII, VIII, X and XIII are more sci fi than fantasy. You can even argue that FFXII is bordering on scifi.
VII and VIII I can grant you. X is pretty fantasy outside of the opening 60 minutes (X-2 not so much to the point you might consider it to be violating the predecessors "rules")

XII is steampunk more than it is sci-fi.

XIII and XV, despite all technological elements seem to focus more on the fantasy aspects.

>Also, Kojima has done non scifi stuff.
I am unfamiliar with this, I only know him from the Metal Gear series + his other sci-fi stuff (Policenauts, Zone of Enders, Snatcher, etc)

This.

youtu.be/GO7nyrNBFXA

>Epic twists that don't contribute anything
MGS is downright cinematic perfection compared to the asspulls the FF franchise has had during its history.

FF13 is heavy futuristic scifi with some prehistoric element on cocoon.

FF15 is urban fantasy with medieval fantasy with magitek scifi, XV is as much scifi as FF6 is.

Wait, seriously? Sauce?

He already is. It's called FFXV.

The thing is Kojima tries to make his games more western. A Kojima fantasy would probably be a lot like ff8 which I think would be fucking awesome.

Seeing as Kojima likes Castlepunk judging by his new company logo and LUDEN then XV is pretty much already that.

Also that Niflheim base footage had everyone saying it was the missing chapter of MGSV.

FFVIII Prequel with Laguna

>FF15 is urban fantasy with medieval fantasy with magitek scifi, XV is as much scifi as FF6 is.
Which is why I'd put XV on fantasy in the same way I'd put FF6 under fantasy, though both are definitely edge cases (unless XV turns out to be much more heavy on the sci-fi than I anticipate given the demo we got in which point I concede that point).
In fact because of its similarities with FF6 (and it being originally a FF13 project) I tend to assume there will be some sort of reveal regarding questionable ethics on using said magitek to power the nation but maybe it will just be the bromance quest to restore the Prince to the throne rather than the usual hijinks about morality and renegades finding out a terrible secret of the Kingdom they are fighting while inadvertedly (almost or actually) destroying the world.

>FF13 is heavy futuristic scifi with some prehistoric element on cocoon.
FF13, yes, though you'll have to concede it is heavy on that magical element (to the point their whole sci-fi economy/society is literally fueled by it).
The FF13 as a whole is a much more cut-clear case IMHO.

>Castlepunk

I feel like you just made that up

i guess thats why mgs always have teen characters, right?

but there is still science in fantasy. magic is still there for all the shit that can't be explained. Like magic healing water.

I'd play that... like a lot.

Instead of making the game good he'd make sure to put in some metaplot

Castlepunk is medieval fantasy mixed with modern and advanced technology. Basically medieval armored knights with guns.

>posting on a Mongolian still frame sharing site