Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KoIFrQbkhD4
youtube.com/watch?v=x-NXdWk9sm8
youtu.be/qt4DIs4vXEw
youtube.com/watch?v=KLQ1aCOSQos
youtube.com/watch?v=bKJSC_mteIg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Spore.

Even today, I still see people here lament over what that game could have been.

I was so hyped for Brink.

Somebody post the video. You know which one.

Spore made me never trust hype games until they are out and I can actually play them. I can't think of a game that crashed and burned harder.

In a weird way, I can thank Spore, because it prevented me from ever falling for these Kickstarter scams like MN9.

youtu.be/KoIFrQbkhD4

/therad

wasn't the red-haired chick a rape victim in her old bio too?

It's still too soon user, I know the feel

I was much younger and stupider at the time I bought spore and didn't get let down, what exactly was so bad about it?

Did you follow its development? Just go back, read and watch the old press releases and you'll see.

It still hurts.

I'm on the same boat as you, but apparently the game was supposed to be a lot more complex and indepth than it turned out to be.

Several stages, such as an aquatic one, were cut from the game.

There's a really good screencap explaining Spore's downfall in detail, if someone could post it that would be great.

Came to post all 3 of these.

The fucking holy trifecta of let downs in vidya right there

Overwatch is a elevated version of what Fused wanted to be, so just play that. Not even memeing, some gameplay elements, as well as the artstyle, are lifted directly from Fuse.

>There are people that said this would be a WOW killer and the big tits waifu would sell the game

>The World Ends With You countdown ending
>Mass Effect 3 ending
>Spore's final state
>Brink being awful
>MGSV's story being unfinished shit
>The slow death of LucasArts
>DmC existing
>The cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3
>Prey 2's cancellation
>P.T's cancellation
>The fact Castlevania is now gone for good
>Metroid Prime Federation Force existing
>Other M existing
>Rare's slow death
>What's happened to the story of every established Blizzard IP thanks to Metzen
>Duke Nukem Forever's final state
>The death of AA games in general
>You didn't kiss her when you had the chance

It hurts every single day

seeing the logo by itself doesn't bother me but when i see the characters it hurts

youtube.com/watch?v=x-NXdWk9sm8
WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST MAKE A CARTOON
INSTEAD OF AN MMORPG NO ONE WANTED

FUCK YOU

>Gauging interest on a PURCHASABLE demo
>Still sold well
>"Nah, not enough, Cancel it."
It still hurts to this day.

>That excitement when announced it was coming back
>by Gamersfirst

some serious monkey paw shit right there

>tfw genuinely enjoyed it
>tfw best MMO combat I've ever played
>tfw best dungeons I ever played

why did it have to fail
why

You know it's true

>we live in a world where MML3 gets cancelled and we get this instead

>tfw I learned what they were helping make

>Mechwarrior 5

This one makes me extra mad because it actually had a chance of being good. What was there worked fine, for the most part. If only the devs didn't go full retard and forgot you need content in your videogames.

I take one small bit of satisfaction in the fact that Red Ash is only happening because Inafune went crawling to a Chinese developer, and as a Japanese businessman you know that was probably just as shameful as it failing outright.

i enjoyed APB reloaded but my laptop is too weak to run it without lag so i was forced to stop playing it.

What?

THIS
Fuck you, Bethesda

OUT WITH IT, WHAT IS IT?

>fun as fuck, perfect gameplay
>except that slot machine cash shop upgrade shit
>infested with BRs
>dev ruins the game balance by doing 8v8
>never got the singleplayer mode they promised
>publisher pulls the plug

Pachinko, of course.

Pachinko[/spolier]

>F2P
It was pointless to have any hope in the first place.

wait what

They were mo capping pachinko? how does that shit even works

I'm so sorry I have to be the one to tell you.

youtu.be/qt4DIs4vXEw

I just found it incredibly samey and boring. It feels so weird when that happens.

>wait for game to come out
>look at numerous reactions on the internet
>look at all my trusted sources for good reviews
>game gets good scores
>buy game 2 or 3 weeks after release
>find it boring and delete it

I can't remember the last game this happened to me with. I played the MP beta and hated it but every source I trust said the single player was worth it.

I didn't grow up with doom so maybe I don't understand why everyone loves it so much.

I grew up playing FPS games like Time splitters, medal of honor (which is now a dead franchise) and COD1 and 2.

My favorite FPS is BF4 currently. I love L4D2 and counter strike( I am shit at that though).

>that spoiler
Joke's on you faggot, I did it and it ruined a great friendship.

There's a ridiculous amount of work that goes into pachinko machines nowadays.

Yeah even the raw game was like 80% of the way there to a good game.
The character models look cool and the world sort of made sense.

The fatal flaw was the map layout and objectives were so awful chokepoint hallways and impossible computer terminals, and no way to get any teammates to help you.

Class balance was fucked, medics were better than everything, big guys were by far the best.

WHAT?! NO.

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

I forgot all about this. This game was the shit, best multiplayer deathmatch gameplay I've ever seen.

This was only ever going to be Aliens vs Predator with less content anyway, I don't see why people were so interested in it.

i can almost guarantee you're playing it wrong

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I guess Old-School shooters just aren't for you, user

When I thought only Sega would be stupid enough to fuck things up out of pure spite, this happens.

If you actually got excited despite how shit 4 and PW were, you deserve it.

Could YOU post it please? I have no idea what youre talking about and I quite enjoyed GW2.

Sunk so many hours into 2 but this game was just nothing

Why did they take out collecting shit around the map? Exploring to find those was the best part, now they just had shitty tapes to find and barely any of them

The artists did their job, no one else did

>Mfw she kept playfully touching me and trying to get my attention and I didn't get it
>Mfw she kept following me around after school, trying to talk to me and I was too much of a sperg to hold a conversation
>Mfw she kept asking me if I like her perfume or new clothes
>Mfw she leaned in during the graduation party and I just hugged her
>Mfw she literally invited me to her house and I refused

If I could go back in time, I'd beat the shit out of my younger self.

youtube.com/watch?v=KLQ1aCOSQos

AHHHHHHH FUCKING CAPCOM WHY

THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE SHIT!

I'm sorry what

>i can almost guarantee you're playing it wrong

What does that even mean? I didn't enjoy it therefore I am playing it wrong? Explain your silly statement.

That's what you get for being delusional.

Which is worse having that kind of memories you'll regret or having no memories like that you will remember?

I never understood what made it a let down really. I got it as a Christmas gift I want to eay when I was 12, give or take a year. I had no background knowledge so I really don't know how it was a letdown, and because of this enjoyed it immensely.

Can someone elaborate on what made it a letdown?

The worst part is that I never got to play it, had to settle for watching it on youtube

But 4 was pretty decent and PW was really fun

This was my view as well.

I heard that one of the original developers bought the license to the game back, not all hope is lost, emphasis on all tough

If you're playing it like the games you describe and like then yes you are playing it wrong.

>Bethesda trying to pass off D44M as an old-school shooter

For a lot of people that fallowed the announcement and the first Wil Wright demo videos it seemed like it was going to be revolutionary "procedural development". The way he zoomed out of the planet to the galaxy just blew my mind.

The end result was dumbed down cartoon blocks with trivially simple mishmash of civ / rts.

>that space stage

youtube.com/watch?v=bKJSC_mteIg
got you covered famioli ;_;

The collectors edition still reminds me daily.

WHY MUST YOU HURT ME LIKE THIS

This game has the most autistic community I've ever seen.

i feel terrible every time i see this because it's literally a chinese knock-off

You said in your post that you're used to plying games like CoD 1 and 2, and Battlefield. Those are slower, more methodical shooters in which you need think and play carefully. They're a lot like shooting galleries. Conversely, DOOM is a fast-paced, high action shooter. You're constantly running and jumping and swapping weapons. You should NEVER stop moving during combat, and most of the action takes place in arenas rather than hallways (or similar).

You know, the only stages I really liked were creature (I loved dinosaurs as a kid and played Turok nearly to death) and Civilization (because I'd played a lot of grand strategy/rts games)

>tfw I was in the audience when they demoed it at Quakecon. :C :C :C

>The worst part is that I never got to play it, had to settle for watching it on youtube.

I wish I could trade places with you. I played it for hours and I couldn't beat it. I made myself play it because it is hard to tear yourself away.

PT is the most scariest shit I have ever played. My heart rate was through the fucking roof and I was sweating buckets. I couldn't get her image out of my mind for months. I closed my eyes and would see her face. The sound as well. Late at night while waiting for sleep. I was so scared I would hear those awful noises.
I have PTSD from that demo I swear to christ.

Oh and I deleted it because even seeing the image you posted makes me very very anxious.

Definitely having no memories. Sometimes my past fuck ups cause me so much mental strife, that I either start screaming to drown them out or start punching myself.

Biggest betrayal in my life, why cant some company finally make a GW clone please.

When I look at the moon, I sllways think about the game.

MWO isn't even that bad.
Also Battletech CRPG will make the franchise super popular again like it did with Shadowrun, so we will get Mechwarrior 5 sooner rather than later.

These are the lies I tell myself everyday.

>spyro was one of the first series I played
>I have to watch his corpse be dragged through the mud for years

End his suffering. Just, end it.

This. The whole counrdown as well.