Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1464478954680.webm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1464576112636.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=_rOeDXkdDCQ
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1464573215851.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's a video game by all definitions of the word

It's a videogame, just not a good one.

Druckmann is a talentless hack who couldn't make it in hollywood, just like David Cage.

maybe you should actually watch the video

Stay mad PCuck

The platforming has always been artificial in these games.

And yes, they are incredibly linear games with very little interaction beyond a few puzzles and some rope swinging - in the final game.

But it's not Mega Man. It's not Doom. It's not Deus Ex. It's Uncharted. I knew exactly what I was getting into when I played it, and I had a decent amount of time playing it.

Druckmann is not the true game designer, he is more of a writer. Straley is the real game director

this video sums it up perfectly.

it's not really platforming, it is a way of traversing the huge environments.

I think it is more interesting than walking or driving everywhere like in most games or riding your horse into the sunset all the time like in Red Dead Redemption

Stop shilling your shit fucking video

uncharted 4 isn't a real video game, but I liked TWD and TWAU so whatever

the climbing segments in uncharted are raw fucking bullshit though

If Uncharted 4 isn't a "real" video game then neither is Rise of the Tomb Raider.

If this game was on PC you'd have waifu threads for Elena just like you fags do for Lara

thanks doc

>Actually gives complete dogshit walking simulator "my sister is a lesbian and she's sad boo hoo" - Gone Home - props for being "consistent"
>Gives Uncharted shit for bullshitting a few Stealth Elements, Platforming, and Actions sequences for lacking agency.

Officially an idiot.

And fuck Gone Home.

>uncharted 4 isn't a real video game, but I liked TWD and TWAU so whatever

so you're just a massive hypocrite then?

I think Rise of the Tomb Raider is more of a game. It's definitely in the same moviegame genre as Uncharted but it has much less of shit like this. In Uncharted, you spend such a long amount of time just walking around, listening to dialogue, and "press triangle to make Drake pick up thing and talk to himself".

no, it means I can accept that the media I like isn't always a video game

if those games are not games, then what are they?

I own a PS3 and 4 and hate the Uncharted series and only liked the MP in TLOU.

the new laura croft games suck too, the only fun thing about them are her brutal deaths

interactive stories

>CONTRARY OPINION (AND WHY THAT'S OKAY!)

glorified walking simulators

Okay? It's really not that different from the 3 previous games. Why make this video now?

that is far too vague. A choose-your-own-adventure book could be called an "interactive story"

Walking simulators are considered games, actually. But U4 isn't considered a walking simulator anyway. At least not by anyone who knows what they're talking about

Wew lad that's a clickbait title on that video.

Womb Raider has the large areas you can dick around in and do side stuff, as far as I know Uncharted 4 is linear

A choose-your-own-adventure book could be called an interactive story, correct.

But we're discussing digital media exclusively.

I agree with this points. Not liking Uncharted doesn't make you a faggot - and giving shit for hating it for it's admitted flaws is completely warranted. It's an opinion I respect.

But don't give shit to people for loving Uncharted either. It's an experience - and it doesn't try to be much else.

We can argue all day as to whether or not it's better for a Game Designer to give more agency to player in favor of exploration/unique experiences, or to focus the gameplay around a single proof of concept.

But at the end of the day "it's different strokes, for different folks".

Just keep in mind - making BIG OPEN WORLD GAMES like GTA 5 or Witcher 3 is fucking expensive, requires a lot of manpower, resources, testing, equipment...and as rich as Naughty Dog, they don't have $265 million to make a free roaming stealth + vehicle combat Uncharted game. So whatever.

Uncharted 4 has some huge open levels you can explore. Some so big they give you a car and a boat

The first 3 are pretty linear

Multiplayer mode alone trashes that statement.
Just because game has lots of "useless" travelling and set pieces doesn't mean it's not a game.
HARDCORE gamers seem to think stuff like arena shooters are only things that can be considered vidya. In other words, a very tiny and loud minority screaming in panic while not affecting anything.

Just keep making this thread

U4 is just as open and often has more possible climbing pathways. All nu-Tomb Raider has on U4 in terms of being nonlinear is the ability to backtrack to old areas

>get the Uncharted collection for cheap
>play the first one
>only slightly entertaining parts are the jumping playforming sections
>rest of the game is the blandest third person shooter I've ever played
Wasn't terrible but this is considered a system seller now?

The first one is widely considered the worst one

not U1. It was more of a PS3 tech-demo and is the weakest entry in the series; worse than Golden Abyss for Vita.
U2 was a system seller though.

Uncharted 2 is a much better game than 1...Uncharted 1 was a big stepping point - toward the beginning of the PS3's history.

But Uncharted 2- despite FAKE PLATFORMING - is still a fun game, IMO. Good action, good puzzles, and still arguably the best story and characters in the series.

Yes it is a video game. He's wrong. Entirely wrong. "Uncharted 4 Isn't a Real Video Game (and That's OK)" This isn't a real video, and that's okay. This guy is a stupid twat, and that's okay. OP is a stupid twat as well, and that's okay. How fucking far does one have to be up their own ass to make a condescending title like this? I hate click bait bullshit.
It is a video game. There is no argument to be had.

Hes not saying it needs to be a "HARDCORE SOOPA BROOOOTAL DORK SAWLS" game, or an arena FPS, he just says it needs to difficulty.

Mario, Megaman, whatever the game is, your character shouldn't just lock onto the platform
GTAV, Gears of War, having a TPS system that isn't a handholding cakewalk isn't mandatory
The problem isn't that Uncharted 4 isn't difficult, its that it holds your hand and deliberately spoonfeeds you the feeling you did something

I don't expect Sonyggers to actual WATCH videos without sperging, but nevertheless, please.

First off, CDPR is most likely as big as Naughty DOg
Second, TLoU most likely made them more money than GTAV did
Third, they don't need to make a big game, just one that doesn't hold your hand

But TWD and TWAU at least have a good story
Uncharted has a shitty story

The two game are kinda different I think. I dislike the scripted shit that both of the games do but I prefer Uncharted 4, despite it having more of that aforementioned scripted shit, because it actually feels like a fun adventure that doesn't take itself too seriously all the time and the characters being way more interesting.
Rise of Tomb Raider feels like it takes itself too seriously and the new Lara is boring as fuck (great ass tho), but the game has more side stuff to do and doesn't railroad you as much.

Original tomb raiders are still the best, imho.

>TLoU most likely made them more money than GTAV did

Stopped reading right there, your “opinion”was trashed as soon as you typed this sentence

I like how he presents his point, but I disagree with him.

Okay, that was the last thing I even said in my paragraph, and its supported by the fact TLoU won a fuckload of awards

But hey, Sonyggers still in denial that their game is just linear shit

>he just says it needs to difficulty.

crushing. there fuck off

>GTAV, Gears of War, having a TPS system that isn't a handholding cakewalk isn't mandatory

what about all the combat sections? You forget about those or something?

How is this:
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1464478954680.webm
holding your hand?

That was a bait and you dumbfuck.

fuck off, linear games are more fun than open world games. They just have less single player replayability. But hey that's why these games come with bonus unlocks and MP right?

>Nintencuck
His opinion means nothing

Why is Sup Forums always trying to make out games that aren't souls type or platinum games bullshit as “not a game”?

3rd person shooters like TLOU and Uncharted are video games

Click and point shit like Telltale and Quantic Dream games are video games

walking simulators like gone home and firewatch are video games

Even games that have literal live action cutscenes like Quantum Break and the new Need for Speed are video games

The only thing I wouldnt consider are those shitty ones Night Trap back in the day (but I'm sure you children don't even know what I'm talking about).

You people need to stop spouting shit that you have no idea what you're talking about. For a board called “video games” you guys really like to hate your own medium

The only thing hes right about is the platforming
Anyone who doesn't think that the platforming segments are rigged specifically for you to not die has to be a retard

Most of videogames are linear, but that's not a bad thing. The problem is we've been beign bombed by open world games in the last years so everyone thinks if you don't have an open world game then it's not a game.

You could make that case for literally any game in the series APART from Uncharted 4, which actually has a lot of platforming that focusing on timing and direction, and incorporates the platforming mechanics into the combat instead of keeping them entirely seperate like the last games did

This guy just wants to appeal to contrarian assholes who didn't play the game anyway. He probably doesn't even believe it himself

>I didn't play the game on crushing or at all
The combat on Crushing is challenging, and you have to leverage all of your game mechanics to be successful.
Plus the video doesn't even touch on the fact that the game has multiplayer. He's wrong all around. The click bait title tells me to stay away. I don't like giving retards money for nothing. If I want to hear morons talk about games I can visit threads on Sup Forums anytime I want without giving morons a single cent.

This + who the fuck cares about some mundane definitions?
If I can interact with it I consider it vidya.

>walking simulators like gone home and firewatch are video games
But Gone Home hardly has the basic elements of any video game. At least Telltale is aware their games are 100% cinematic
Also, I don't get why you cinematic faggots keep saying that these games need to be "souls type". Sonic the Hedgehog is simple as fuck, and thats a video game. Fuck, Chrono Trigger is regarded as one of the best JRPGs of all time and thats easy as hell. I think you just don't like people who don't hold up shit like Gone Homo as "GOTYAY BEST GAME EVAR!!!1!"

>if I can interact with it I consider it vidya
Is your web browser a video game?
Is your microwave a video game?
Is a book a video game?

difficulty and complexity have nothing to do with what defines a video game.

I guess MGS4 isn't a Video game either.

>win/loss regulations, actions, combat, and gameplay are considered complexity and difficulty
Well I mean if you are a retarded SJW who enjoys games like Sunset and Gone Home, then yeah that makes sense you would think that

A fail state does, and gone home has none, fuck even tell tell crap has fail states.

Why is it the first game in the series that actually makes an effort to make the platforming more involved and integrate it with the gameplay the one that gets called "not a game"?

I have never played Gone Home but why wouldn't it be considered as a video game?
There's a difference between considering something to be a game and immediately calling it "GOTYAY BEST GAME EVAR!!!1!"

Because he's trying to be a contrary faggot just for the sake of beign one.

Because there is no fail state, hardly a win state, no action and gameplay besides "move left/right", and no combat or obstacles

Especially that first part: no fail state

Nice strawman m8. If I control a player character with m/kb or a controller I consider it vidya.
Simple enough now?

point and click adventure games like Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle don't have fail states either, and they are universally considered to be video games. Instead of failing, you just get stuck

Even the 'open world' games are linear. All games are linear. Some are better at hiding it and that's okay.
This is exactly right. It's all about the clicks.

This video exists to try and spark controversy on something that is popular to make this particular Youtuber some money. He got nothing from me.

What is the stealth like in this game? Is it just some tacked-on gimmick or is it actually a fun little thing on its own?

DotT has more gameplay and interactivity in it then Gone Homo and Sunset do, so thats a pretty shitty comparison. Hell, they even have more gameplay then Telltale games do.

Then look up the definition of what a game is.
Thats like me saying something is a book because it has words on it that I can read

Any loss of control which cannot be instantly skipped is less representative of a video game

stealth is like this:
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1464576112636.webm

Well, actually its usually not. You have to position yourself perfectly to get a string of kills like that and get away with it scott-free.

Uncharted meets every criteria for it to be considered a game.

Literally never said anything about Uncharted
I was talking about Gone Home

>stealth section
>just fucking run up as loud as you can to the guy and throw him on the ground
I like the game but jesus fucking christ, even Far Cry 4 has better stealth than this

>TLoU most likely made them more money than GTAV did
please tell me you're joking, GTA V has sold more than 60 million copies. That's like claiming the Ratchet and Clank movie made more money than Avatar.

like an outdoor-shooter version of the stealth in Batman Arkham city. Replace gargoyles with tall grass and cover.

Nate automatically sneaks. Everything is based on vision / line of sight. The real question as to realism is why the guy doesn't scream as he falls to his death, alerting everyone

>called mothers basement
>videos about games, cartoons and anime
Truly no shame

Don't the cutscenes in Uncharted 4 account for 40% of the entire game?

>Nate automatically sneaks
I wouldn't consider that sneaking considering hes running faster than the speed of sound while stomping his fucking feat, but alright

Learn to follow the reply chain then.

Where on earth did you get that idea

only if you're doing a speedrun and not skipping them

He's really not being that loud. I cannot hear his footsteps at all when he's closing in on someone unless I turn my volume up like 35% above normal

No, but many of the "gameplay" sections consist of walking or climbing/mashing X. That said, I still think it's a fun experience, at least for a little while.

almost none of the gameplay forces you to walk. You can almost always jog, and in combat you automatically run full-speed everywhere

ND took note of all the people complaining about that kind of thing in the TLOU

youtube.com/watch?v=_rOeDXkdDCQ

6 hours and 24 minutes

No. Holy shit no. That would put the game in Metal Gear Solid 4 territory.

>as far as I know
Because you haven't played it.

>(and that's ok)
No he's wrong.

you sure about that? I'm willing to bet that Druckmann has a ton of influence on the gameplay aspects. He is way more famous than Straley

They are a package deal. Like the Venom symbiote and Eddie Brock.

I don't agree that it isn't a real game but he's definitely right that it's way more shallow mechanically than it seems at first

>DotT has more gameplay and interactivity in it then Gone Homo and Sunset do, so thats a pretty shitty comparison. Hell, they even have more gameplay then Telltale games do.

DotT is more interactive but it still has no fail state. You still seem to consider it is a game, though, so you're contradicting what you said in and

since when are "shallow" (i.e. simple) game mechanics even bad? The complexity of the game mechanics literally doesn't make any difference towards the quality of the experience of playing the game.
Much like how some of the best sounding music is often quite simple, many of the best and most addictive games often have quite simple game mechanics

Most twin stick shooters have very little outside of a press of a trigger every once in a while and they are quite great. Tetris can be played with a d-pad and one button.

It's bad in the sense that you're thinking you're getting something you can play, but instead you end up mostly watching the story unfold in a cinematic way, essentially a movie with interactive sequences.

I don't have anything against the concept itself, but when video game journalism starts calling this crap "the best game ever" then it starts to be annoying.

best boss fight in the whole series, not even memeing

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1464573215851.webm

>but when video game journalism starts calling this crap "the best game ever" then it starts to be annoying.
It's not just "journalists" its the millions of people who buy the games too.

Is this footage from The Order: 1886?

>same amount of scripted sequences
>same exact platforming
>press X to WH and solve puzzles
>same bad shooting

so much better, wow