ITT: Product placement in videogames

Remember how Far Cry 2 was supposed to have a rotating product placement system that would update via patches?
As far as I can remember nobody ever signed on beyond Jeep.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tDH140dLq5M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Saints row 2 had ads like that, same for 2142

I'm personally not a fan of adverts in my game unless they're like Akiba's trip where it's a bunch of small businesses that were added to give it the authentic feel.

Doesn't belong in vidya.

Jewbisoft was big on product placement during that gen.

>Pandora Tomorrow
>your informant goes "Nice phone, been meaning to get the color version myself."

Everything else is FarCry 2 is jury rigged and falling apart. It what state of mind would someone import a modern consumer SUV into that country?

This was completely unacceptable.

it fits sometimes

This level is the only fucking thing I remember about that Splinter Cell game.

Who can forget Drake pulling an Adam Sandler and shilling for Subway?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tDH140dLq5M

Even Call of Duty couldn't move this overpriced plastic gun.

never4git.

I wonder who thought it was a great idea to market your computer parts store between where you douse a group of your own guys in white phosphorus in the parking lot, and visiting a mass grave in a nearby ball diamond.

Whatever injector that was used for Prototype is still live.

Jesus christ what game is that?

>that ad
of course I could save money by switching over to being female because men would give me free stuff just to see my boobs

Is that homefront? I remember the product placement for some gun better than anything else from it. You'd find the gun fucking everywhere.
Game's so forgettable that that's the only thing I even remember about it though.

i wanna fucc flo

if its a game trying to ground its self in reality im fine with it
shit like is scummy as fuck

>they didn't like glorious Sneak King

plebs

vegas 2 and farcry had rotating adds via the bill boards

desu americsns would go insane if they weren't constantly fed ads

how fucking retarded are you?

hahahahaha holy fucking shit kill yourself dude

When the game itself is nothing but an ad it's not really the same thing

I miss them, they always make the game feel more alive and connected to the real world.

Having like Pepsi or Dr.Peper or Pizza Hut or something in it...

Like in Overwatch D.va is a Starcraft progamer that turns into a Mecha pilot and after that shes still sponsored by Blizzard

We need more shit like that.

I wouldn't mind this.

>Game Crazy
That company doesn't even exist anymore. That's bizarre.

>That's bizarre.
Crazy, even.

That was a good vehicle tho.

The GOAT coming through

Apparently the ad company that made the in game advertising technology and licensed it out for all those EA games was owned by Microsoft who shut it down soon after because it didn't make any money. MS owns the patents for in game advertising. That's why it never got used again (Even in Microsoft's own games).

Don't mind these at all. Extra money for the game budget, at zero cost for me.
As long as they don't add it to fantasy games and such, its fine.

There are atill a bunch of ads in FM/ FIFA, though. Of course not the only example but the first modern game that comed to mind.

I remember that this game had even more ads too the point where one of the achievements was a Jordan shoe ad and one of the custom paint jobs for your car turned it into a T-Mobile advertisement car