Can we talk about how uttlerly and completely BTFO Nintendo is?

Can we talk about how uttlerly and completely BTFO Nintendo is?

Software like this allows you to pirate games straight from Nintendos servers, and they can't even do a single thing about it. It's the literal version of that bicycle comic.

How can Nintendo recover from this? Can they recover?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-3ds-family-ddc/freaky-forms-deluxe-your-creations-alive-digital-download/10881625.html
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(Downgrading)
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735/
github.com/Cruel/freeShop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump

>bicycle comic.
I have no idea what that is.

don't kid yourself, Nintendo isn't losing a single dime. You wouldn't have bought those games anyway without piracy

You're using their bandwidth to download the games for free, which would cost them.

Has anyone used the Freakyforms exploit yet? I tried ordering it from a gamestop but the ones in my area are sold out. I ordered a copy from surubaby.com for $11. Waiting to get it this coming week.

They'll plug this pretty quick I'd wager, and ban any console that used the appto download to their system, and probably stop non-3DS/WiiU clients from connecting to their CDN and add actual auth checks to this shit. Although thefact their CDN allowed such a thing in the first place isnt reassuring.

Why is their security so bad.

>buying Nintendo games
>when Nintendo of America still exists

I don't think the CFW Scene gets any better than this.

This is probably worse than what happened to the PSP, as I don't recall being able to pirate straight from the playstation store.

Right now the Freakyforms exploit is mostly for people who need a primary homebrew exploit on the latest firmware.
It still won't be possible to perform firmware downgrades and cfw installation.

This one maybe?

>Literally bragging about being a literal thief

I was talking about the one about copying the bicycle and flipping off the store owner. I can't find it though.

They can't see if a console connected from the regular shop or the free shop.

Because, as we've discussed countless times before, Nintendo is behind the times. They operate like it's still 2005.

can you go to Japan's eshop?

Wait is this for real?

Pirates have created a way to browse actual E-Shop and get everything for free?

From what I've read, it lets you download from every region.

It's the one where a guy walks into a bicycle store and materializes a copy of a bicycle.

Copying is not stealing since the original product is still here.

Yes. Its gotten that bad.

So how easy is it to mod a 3DS? Mines just been sitting here, and I want to get some use out of it.

It's easy if you can read. The only difficulty lies in the whole process taking 3-4 hours and you getting distracted or impatient and skipping/fucking up steps.

What do I need for this?
Some specific game?

Because this is kinda fucking ridiculous.

Fairly simple if you're on 10.7 or below, worthless on 11.

Now when I say simple I mean that it's not hard to follow instructions however it is very time consuming and it can take you up to 5 hours or more to get it done.

Piracy might not be theivery, but this is.

>Can we talk about how uttlerly and completely BTFO Nintendo is?
I don't see it.

People using this would have pirated anyway.

The >I-I'm just trying it before buying
was always damage control.

Piracy killed plenty of great GBA series and pirates don't care.

This is nothing new.

Here you go

>eshop is a virtual store

pirates have actually found a method to pirate things that is actually analogous to shoplifting. beautiful

i can still like, download my roms and put them on my old hacked 3ds from a few months ago. i dont see why i need freeShop.

Why can't Nintendo do anything about it?

Huh...

Post a link then, asshole. I google and I literally get a bunch of fishing scams that offer me codes

Nintendo could silently change the eshop log keys so anything else that accesses the server can be flagged and Nintendo can start sending out court summons for stealing.

On 10.7 now actually. Links?

It's Nintendo's fault in the first place for setting up a completely retarded system.

The ONLY reason why this works is because games are linked to your console and not a fucking NNID account. So all pirates need is the ticket file on their consoles for the server to know you """own""" the game to proceed the download. Whoever thought this was a good idea is hopefully fired by now.

And before anyone says they'll fix it, no, it can't be fixed unless they plan on completely redoing the eshop and finding a way to keep everyone's current purchases, which they can't.

GBA temp.

>mod wii
>play any game online for free, regardless if game was pirated

based nintendo for being the best pirated platform

10.7 you need to go the guide listed on /vg/ however you will need an entry point like OoT or Cubic Ninja and action replay powersaves or a friend that already has a hacked 3ds so you can put on a special save

There's also an ORAS entry point but I don't know if you can use it for cfw.

>Wii
>Online

stealing does not always mean physically taking an item

A new exploit was released yesterday for freaky form deluxe. That's the cheapest route to go now since the game is like $7. Unless it sold out everywhere already

Got Ocarina of Time, so i'll dive in later I guess. Appreciate it.

Can that one be used for downgrade or is it user land only?

The smash one is crap for downgrading which is why no one uses it

>install cfw on fatr PS3
>play any PS1,PS2,PS3 game including online

No problem, don't update to 11 you also need powersaves to inject the save

It's a home brew entry point like ninjahax so as long as you're not on 11.0 it can be used for downgrading, yes.

But holy shit it hasn't even been 24 hours yet and Amazon and GameStops website are sold out. And it was removed from the eshop already. Best run to your local store and pray they have it.

Okay I have a 3ds on 9.2.0 and I used to use RXtools when the first exploits were coming out.

However the Rxtools bookmark no longer works and I havent kept up to date because there was no games I really wanted to play.

Where do I go from here?

what games?

I think once it was announced what game it was Nintendo put out a recall notice to all the stores which effectively makes it mandatory to yank

Anyone here play the new 7th Dragon? Any tips on beating these 2 in the Shadow Realm? My party is level 77, do I need to grind?

There's a new website, you should update to Luma anyway

It's pretty easy guide is on /vg/

That didn't help at all, asshole
you know what, fuck it. This might sound weird, but I like buying games because it's just plug and play, just finding a reliable source for this is hard enough apparently let alone actually installing a hack

Funnily enough Nintendo UK Store still lists the digital version of the game.
store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-3ds-family-ddc/freaky-forms-deluxe-your-creations-alive-digital-download/10881625.html

What the chances though that if you buy this you can't redeem your download?

Their physical copies are out of stock too. This could be Cubic Ninja all over again.

You need to setup custom firmware on your 3ds

Get rid of rxtools and get menuhax and Luma. Start at #19 of the guide github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(Downgrading)

Wait, what's the advantage of Luma over CFW? I know Luma works off the Sysnand, but activates the hax before nintendo's system, but CFW has been pretty easy to use as well.

Luma is just another CFW like rxtools or cakes. What you're talking about is arm9loaderhax, which runs with another CFW like Luma.

It is a cfw, rxtools is deprecated Luma is just straight up superior at this point. You don't need to a9lh but you can.

>game online for free,
user, I...

I get the feeling that with all this bullshit they are eventually going to pushback really fucking hard.

It literally took people to the end of the console's life cycle to start pulling this shit off. It took even longer for the 3DS.

I wouldn't call that bad. It's just that they FINALLY got a hook in that's letting them understand how shit works and is giving them an upper hand.

>Nintendo partners with Denuvo for NX

To be fair, they made it almost the whole way through the Wii U lifecycle without piracy.

Even the 3DS was practically dead in the water before it got hit with anything serious. The worst it had for the longest time was that card loader.

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735/

They would essentially need to rewrite the firmware of both the 3DS and the Wii U, and then they'd have to rework their entire authenticating process for the eShop just to "push back". Granted, they could ban people by doing a check for a couple things which are:
>Tickets for eShop games not purchased on the NNID with they could cross-reference when you logged onto the eShop or generally any online service.
>Out of region games being played on your system in general
>Tickets and titles for files that aren't official such as homebrew CIA files or custom VC files.
>Run a consistency check on the bootloader to see if everything checks out and if it doesn't you then either force the person to update or flag them as illegitimate.

Yeah, if it weren't for all those deluded employees who think of the Internet as "that new thing"

Seriously, the Wii sold on its own, they could have used money for HD and Online development (which was a thing even when the Wii released) but only started to care about that when the WiiU was done.

I think I'll pass on this one. Seems a bit too cocky.

There's programs out there that literally unban your console/NNID within seconds. That's how so many people are spamming Miiverse with custom images.

Nintendo can't do anything but pack up and make a new console with better everything.

Oh, eventually. In my experience, a lot of the 'We got them!' bragging from pirates is all talk.

Cemu, for example, faked a video that showed they got Bayonetta for Wii U running on an emulator to attract supports for their patreon campaign.

I'm sure Nintendo will brick consoles they catch doing this and update the eshop to make this impossible relatively quickly.

Shame about the lack of great games on the system.

Call me when I can do this with the WiiU.

did they really fake it?

>I'm sure Nintendo will brick consoles they catch doing this and update the eshop to make this impossible relatively quickly.

1. If they can somehow force update everyone's consoles and manage to detect and brick hacked consoles, I would love to see them try and proceed to get sued up the ass since that's illegal.

2. Several people already explained how much work they would need to do to fix the eshop. This has been happening for over 2 months now FYI

Deal with it moralfag

Yeah sure pal

He's not posting a link because it's not real.

Yep.

>Freakyforms is already at a minimal of $40

damn scalpers

I just wanted to help my friends get free gaems.

You could, but I'm not sure if you could download directly onto the PSP.

But you can, this was literally how psp cfw and piracy was in the late years. You didn't need rely on shoddy iso sites, you can get direct clean games from sony servers itself.

>having to travel to a parallel universe to prove your point

We already know the WiiU shop uses the same system. All we need is IOSU access and you'll see the same thing pop up in a day or two.

>and ban any console that used the appto download to their system
Literally not possible. The keys used to authenticate downloads are the same as when you paid for them.

Piracy killed the DS's software development which is why you saw everyone just outright abandon it when the 3DS came out. Normally having such a large user base, companies will keep producing games for it. Ala the PS2 still getting shit until a few years ago.

> If they can somehow force update everyone's consoles and manage to detect and brick hacked consoles, I would love to see them try and proceed to get sued up the ass since that's illegal.
Except that's not the case since the EUSA states that if you mod your 3DS, Nintendo reserves the right to brick your system.

Of course they won't have the balls to go nuclear.

This guide doesnt make any sense. What if I dont use those 2 launchers? Why are 2 of the folders included in the Luma zip file not even mentioned in the guide

even if they did brick systems, sensible people have already a9lh'd their system, making it impossible for nintendo to brick

github.com/Cruel/freeShop
huh?

PS2 piracy was widespread too.

Unless there's a way to access the eShop without a NNID, Nintendo can just look up the logs and compare if a person has bought the games they're downloading.

The fact people are stealing them means it should be piss easy to figure that out if a person as a balance of 0, but downloaded $2000 worth of games.

But you had to make actual copies of the game on a disk. Digital games have made stealing games much more accessible.

>get games from qr codes
>now we have freeshop
Can it even get more convenient?

A NNID is completely optional so that wouldn't work.

>Unless there's a way to access the eShop without a NNID
freeShop...

>Nintendo can just look up the logs and compare if a person has bought the games they're downloading
The games aren't account based or tied to a NNID. It's a per system basis.

Plus gifting games is a thing.

It's a shame that 3DS has a really disappointing library of games. Pokemon and Monster Hunter are literally the only games to look forward to this year.

freeShop is the way to access eShop without a NNID. And all freeShop sends to Nintendo is your IP, which they can do fuck all with.

>dey gunna IP ben me ohg noooo!

Bricking would at least pick off the low lying fruit.

Regardless, this is just outright theft now and there's no way to parse it otherwise.

it's not theft if I'm making a digital copy

It's piracy, faggot.

Wii U fucking when

Since this is a CFW thread, I have a question

I have mine up and running, but I tried to install the demo for Monster Hunter X, but it won't launch. Is it because it's Japanese and I need to do something different, or was it just a bad file?

I'm trying the demo since it launches you straight into the action and I just want to try it, will actually get it on launch.