Explain this Nintendo

Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fG8Lb9G7ul8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the school project looks like shit though.

Where can I find the game on the right?

Looks better than anything that Nintendo has ever released

Contrary to the image's information, probably not on the Wii U and definitely not in 2016.

Man, you gotta try not to just throw all your dumb bait as once, you gotta try better.

Can,t offer you more than a 2/10, sorry.

They are extremely out of touch with what people in the west want.

Unreal remakes aren't that impressive, usually because they lack stylistic cohesion. It's just shiny and sharp.

I'm retarded I meant left.

>probably not on the Wii U and definitely not in 2016.
Where were you when it was announced as a cross release for Wii U and NX in March 2017

Is that kid's school project anything more than a couple of areas that took months to create despite not having to design anything, just brush up on what was already there?

>one is open world
>the other is not

Gee I wonder why

Nice counter argument

How much of the "game" on the left is actually functional and playable? How much was created from scratch, and how much was just changing textures for models someone else already made, in an engine someone else already made?

I mean, Zelda U looked pretty mediocre which is why they delayed the fuck out of it. But I'm sick of these "youtuber remakes [N64 game] in Unreal!" viral-ass videos.

>arguments
>in a shitpost general
check this 6

>nothing to do
>literally every one of those unreal zelda videos literally have link just walking around
lol?

The difference is that the kid who did the school project just took already made assets and put them together.

One was made by a student in a semester.

The other has been in development for 3-4 years by a billion dollar company that only makes video games.

Is the left one even a game or it's just a "hur hur look at this awesome textures"?

>Still can't find any Nintendo games that look better
>tries to derail the thread

kys

>Cheap looking trash on a meme engine.

Move along

Well one person creating a school project where they take a part of a pre-existing game and just enhance the textures with some lighting / shadow filters doesn't take much work. I'd like to see him do that for the entire game and have it run on the N64 or Wii U.

But of course people prefer laggy, shitty games that look good rather than good games that might not look the best

Nintendofags confirmed for worst shitposters

It's not, because you made none yourself. You tried to awkwardly bait and it failed hard.

Remind me, is school out yet?

That assuming the level of fidelity on the left is even achievable in a open world game.

>People still believe they can make a hyper realistic game in Unreal that won't have absolutely garbage physics

>implying any of that could run on a wii u.
they're not hardware manufacturers.

because nintendo is shit who hate making their actual fans happy and go around chasing unattainable dreams of appealing to masses of normies and children

>caring about graphics
Kill yourself

Because the Nintendo game will actually be a finished product at the end of the day.

I wonder if it's the same faggot that keeps posting this dumb shit or if there are actually multiple retards doing this

2 different retards? Did psn got hacked again or you jsut haven't got anything better to do ;^)

>still tries to pass his shitposting as actual, objective arguments
I'll show you... my 9

the later

I remember saying this about Bloodbornes Hunter Dream cryengine remake or whatever.
It doesn't lack stylish cohesion, it lacks authenticity and artistic legitimatcy because you know its a carbon copy of an original creation.

This on the other hand is a remake of sorts, the same kind of logic can't really ba applied due to how revamped and entirely new the technical detail is. It might still lack authenticity because Nintendo didn't make it but it captures the style, atmosphere and feeling of Zelda extremely well. I say that as a Zelda fan.

It is if you manage asset loading right and make good LODs. It takes time and effort, though.

The argument is clearly implied in the OP that the left looks better than right. Do you have downs syndrome?

One is just copying a game that was already made, in an engine that was already made, with shit to do.

The other had to start from scratch with everything except the names and general appearance of a few characters.

Jesus Sup Forums really is NintendoGAF

/thread

Pee sea fats need their own board

>But I'm sick of these "youtuber remakes [N64 game] in Unreal!" viral-ass videos.

why ? they look incredible and serve to show how backwards nintendo really is when a random guy can make graphics that look better than a game made by an entire studio of professionals.

Ah, i was sure that it was asking why retarded baiter like you were allowed on this site

I guess it's my fault for wanting Sup Forums to be less shit. Guess i'll just leave for the summer and let you and you cod friends take the reins for a few months.

>looks
Well there you go
Except for Wind Waker, Zelda games were never the best when it comes to graphics

Shitty Unreal 4 engine and bloom won't make it a better game

Japanese people don't play video games anymore, just p2w gacha traps.

You mean when UE can. Anybody can use UE.

Because its completely meaningless seeing as how those games have shit to do in them, are only a few areas, and are just copying whats already been done.

>But I'm sick of these "youtuber remakes [N64 game] in Unreal!" viral-ass videos
Oh come on, some of these Unreal remakes are golden youtube.com/watch?v=fG8Lb9G7ul8

>2016
>Wii U Game
Clearly a game that advanced needed to be delayed into 2017 to launch on the NX.

Can't you get back to your previous thread, son?

The left isn't a game, so your argument never existed in the first place.

>its a carbon copy
it wasn't even a carbon copy, dude loosely recreated a part of the hunters dream and that's it.

friendly reminder to sage and report shitposting

You don't seriously think the reason nintendo games don't look that good is because they're somehow too stupid to "make gud graphics", do you?

There are many other reasons for why nintendo has crap graphics, but you already know that, don't you?

ayy fucking lmao

>shit camera, whenever Link rolls, tha camera flies down with, (it's actually attached to his waist bone) making it puke inducing.
>absolute abomination between realistic textures and cartoon/anime-esque models
>props made by different people, with different polycount and quality
>horrid animations
>lol lets add foliage everywhere to cover my shitty level designer skills
>literally no content
>""""""improved""""" music from some literallywho youtuber
>woooah shinnnyyy!!1 xD
>there's people that think it is impressive
and then we wonder why the industry is going to waste these years, you act like fucking moths, attracted to shiny stuff.

That's interesting. I've always thought these missed the mark on the atmosphere entirely.

>User makes a non playable diorama using store bought assets on an engine that literally everyone can buy.

Nintentoddlers are so pathetic

>S-SUMMER!!!!
>s-shitposters!!!

Yet, all of you fucking retards are still bumping the thread.

Unreal is free user

>Hey
>Listen
>I stripped everything from the game and in exchanged i made it look REALLY cool but all you can do is walk around

When there is a market for those games there again.

>he doesn't know about sage
>call us retards

wew lad

Fucking this.

how hard is it to slap some gayass demo like this together
I want to fuck around with shit I'm bored to hell

>That assuming the level of fidelity on the left is even achievable in a open world game.

Open world is a lazy excuse for nothing, you can make an open world at the same level of fidelity without any technical obstacles, it's just time consuming, that's literally it. Semi-open world and linear games are always better, they allow far more technical and creative freedom, provide a platform for great level design and significantly reduces development time so you don't have to mindlessly build thousands of square meteres of essentially nothing. It's a good cop-out if making levels and good game design is hard though which is what Nintendo seems to be doing.

Thread has literally been on the front page the past 5 times I've refreshed with the newest post saying something about shitposting everytime

not really that hard, you can get loads of assets from their store, and Unreal has pretty good default stuff to make these kinds of things, the only "hard" part is to get the hang of the program, hell it even has "3rd shooter blueprint" for you to slap your Link model there without coding a dime.

Sage doesn't do anything anymore. Lurk more.

The one on the left looks sort of technically impressive but absolutely uninteresting.

I'd make an argument if there was one to pit it against

Just because your fellow shitposters bump, my little tardigrade friend

>Every time Navi comes out she says "Hey! Listen!" even though they were originally two separate lines
This bugs me way more than it should. It also bugs that Navi just shits out a ton of sparkles all the time.

You jackasses don't even try anymore

School project
>all the models are already made
>characters are already designed
>setting is already designed
>music already performed
>programming already done
>all they have to focus on is the graphics and rendering

Zelda Wii U
>have to do everything from scratch
>make need models
>make new concept art
>make new environments
>make new characters
>make new music
>program from scratch

>One is just copying a game that was already made, in an engine that was already made, with shit to do.

Nintendo, I guess?

is this summer or are the remaining nintendo fagts so retarded ?

>Anybody can use UE.

anyone can use a pencil too dipshit.

> those games have shit to do in them

it's a tech demo made by one fucking person. demo as in demonstration.

>they're somehow too stupid to "make gud graphics", do you?

jesus you are mentally challenged. nintendo keep their hardware outdated to keep the dev costs down. and random amateur devs can run circles around them.

All the western games posted are "cinematic experiences"
All the eastern games posted are gameplay driven

The difference is one is a NTR movie with single button presses to move the whole shit forward, the other is a video game.

Enjoy your cuck experiences.

this sums up neonintendo fgts who believe they're normies when in fact they're loser fgts

XD

>>it's a tech demo made by one fucking person. demo as in demonstration.
So stop trying to compare it to a full game.

The games on the right are still pretty. It's just the art style that's different.

It is almost like you only played nintendo games past windwaker

Zelda oot and mm were cutting edge when they first came out
and
link to the past and all 2d titles were top of the line graphically and gameplay and are superior to modern zeldas

>Star Fox Zero
>Not a 'cinematic experience'

>We want it to be that you can complete the course of the game in the same amount of time you would spend watching a movie, so it's a cinematic experience. -Miyamoto

He's probably a sonygger tbhfam

>OP pic, left is better than right
>its not
>B-BUT ITS JUST A DEMO OF COURSE IT ISNT!!1!
fag

u mean a person who enjoys games? Cause your shitty lil wiiu got none

That link looks like he fits in more in a Sonic game than a Zelda game

Report, sage, hide.

Just face it
Nintendo will never go back to their golden age roots

Their games will remain lackluster till someone gets in the company and kicks anyone ass that says that lackluster gameplay should be a final product

neat I'll give it a try then
Maybe I can get something playable together

>delete this
>must hide good graphics from nintendrones
>buy up our 10yr old tech faggots

Follow the conversation you retard.

What about the super easy gameplay that gets stale after 2 minutes of playing

>All those movie games
Yea they get good graphics because there is barely shit going on, on the screen vs Jap games where crazy gameplay is actually happening so they need to scale the graphics to an acceptable quality that wont fuck up performance

>because nintendo is shit who hate making their actual fans happy

this is so fucking true. the saddest part is their mindless drones keep spewing out the classic defense line "you don't need great graphics to make great games" which is a tag line that's suited for indie developers. you know, the ones that are just a hand full of people with small budgets. while Nintendo is one of the most obscenely rich companies out there. They have literally NO FUCKING EXCUSE not to have the best graphics out there ALONG with great gameplay. But nintendo is like "nope" morons keep buying our ridiculously outdated games at full price which allows us to keep our profits margins high since they are developing for hardware that's at least a gen behind. For most devs it is a question between how refined the gameplay is and how good the game looks (witcher 3). Not for nintendo. But still they are the ones that keep saying fuck you to their most loyal fans, we will keep our software budgets low because you pay for it anyway.

Nintendo will never be great again

just move on, Nintendo has nothing to offer

It looks amazing. You retarded son?