How does it feel that we will never get a good 3D platformer because Microsoft ruined everything?

How does it feel that we will never get a good 3D platformer because Microsoft ruined everything?

Indifferent tbqh.

>yooka laylee
>not a good 3d platformer

The genre was already going to shit before Microsoft bought out Rare.
People give Microsoft too much credit for everything.

>Hello. I am a Microsoft employee. I don't want to give away too much info about myself, but myself and a few other people were part of 343's design team, and were asked (pretty much ordered, but we'll stick with 'asked') to work temporarily with Rare about six months ago. I have several items of good news for ALL Rare IP fans. I will try to include everything I can, but I fear I may leave a lot out.

>Banjo is nearly finished.

>And it is grand. Although I don't consider myself the biggest BK fan, I did play them, and recently played the XBLA versions (They made me.) This game (without a proper name yet) eclipses them, in my opinion. The worlds themselves are comparable in size to Banjo-Tooie, although they do vary. World 1 is very small, about the size of Mumbo's Mountain, whereas a later world is absolutely COLOSSAL.

um... isnt nintendo just as much at fault for not making good 3d platformers either?

>Vehicles are in this game, but only as mini-games. They poke fun at N&B several times. (The first vehicle from N&B can be seen flipped over directly outside of Banjo's house, but I don't know if it will stay for release)

>The game controls nearly identically to the other games. Although several moves learned in BT were left out. (You can not separate the characters anymore, therefore the individual character moves aren't needed.)

>Although, they still hold their original concept, most characters have been redesigned. Banjo and Kazooie aren't 'squared' as they were in N&B. Banjo is a bit taller and Kazooie looks much more feminine now. Mumbo has a much more rounded face. Basically they have all been made to fit better with the High-Def textures. (Think how Mario has evolved from SM64 to his recent games for a bit of an idea)

Yes Microsoft made sure Sony and all the others stopped making platformers.

Godann , that evil m$.

I would rather have Banjo Kazooie than something new, and I would have something new over an awkward art style reskin of Banjo Kazooie which is what Yooka Layle is.

>Although I helped with the visual aspects of many worlds, there were only two small test worlds that I was actually allowed to play. The first was Spiral Mountain with notes, jiggies, feathers, eggs, etc. scattered around intended to test several things.

>I was also allowed to play around in the world in which I and my 343 coworkers did the most work on. What the hell was that camel's name? It was his home, basically a desert-themed world with a large oasis-town in the center. It was incredibly fun. There is a day/night cycle in this and a few other outdoor worlds, some of the jiggies rely on that and a few are very tricky. I could tell that this game is no longer meant solely for children.

>Since then, I have become pretty good friends with a full-time employee and I actually had quite a but of fun with this. Yesterday I flew back to Washington, my part in this game is finished and I am proud to have my name in the credits. You guys are about to experience a game that truly does this series justice. I'm very excited to get my hands on the full game.

>Viva PiƱata games are in the works by another developer and from what my friend tells me, Rare also plans to make another Conker game down the road.

>Banjo Kazooie
>good
>platformer

Pick two.

This MS isn't all to blame they just got the popular ones excluding Dk from Rare's plate. Other companies like Konami dropped platformers as a whole because kids want shooters now.

nobody gives a fuck what you want

>I would rather have Banjo Kazooie
I honestly pity people like you.
You really can't let go. It's like Crash fans.

I heard this exact rumor a year or two ago. Don't think it's happening.

But it's the best we'll ever get to Banjo Threeie so suck it up nigga.

Who else here didn't really like banjo kazooie?

Banjo-Kazooie is one of my favorite N64 games, but it's overrated as fuck on this board.

i really didn't consider rare's 3d platformers that good in the first place
i guess it sucks for the people that did, but i can't say i'm miffed by it

Are you fucking retarded?

>believing in another kickstarter

Insanity folks

>How does it feel that we will never get a good 3D platformer because Microsoft ruined everything?

Rare might be no more, but almost all of rare's employees are now out of Microsoft's chains and making Yooka-Laylee. The revival of 3D platformers is back with a bang with those guys.

Playtronic have the Kings of 3D Platforming, and they won't make the same mistake of selling themselves to another company this time.

>He donated to inafune

>thinking inafune is the only bad kickstarter

All of them are bad. Shadowrun was a shitty game that felt like it should be on mobile and FTL feels like something that could have been played on a normal flash site. Dont know why anyone needed money to make those games. Except to scam people.

>I hate anything that isn't my Banjo-Kazooie
Well that's, like, your problem OP.

Keep crying.

We're getting Yooka Laylee which is gonna be better than Banjo and I won't have to buy a fucking Xbox to play it

The game was already in development before the kickstarter, which was for additional content

>but it's overrated as fuck on this board.
Compared to how overrated other games are on this board? Barely.

>BUT OTHER GAME
I wasn't comparing it to anything.

>trusts Microsoft to make Banjo Threeie NOT an awkward art style reskin

Nigga did you see Nuts n Bolts? Fucking retard

I pick BK and good

It transcends genre

Stop reminding me

>Foxfaggot
>Having shit taste
Surprise surprise

>Implying I don't love the game
>that means I can't see its shortcomings