FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE US DOLLARS

>FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE US DOLLARS

Other urls found in this thread:

notebook.de/msi-geforce-gtx-1080-armor-8g-grafikkarte-p-89701
cclonline.com/product/210563/90YV09S0-M0NA00/Graphics-Cards/ASUS-GeForce-GTX-1080-TURBO-8GB-Graphics-Card/VGA3479/
guru3d.com/news-story/amd-radeon-rx-480-3dmark-11-performance-benchmark-surfaces.html
computeruniverse.net/products/90656412/kfa2-geforce-gtx1080-reference-design.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why is it so cheap? What is nvidia hiding?

when the fuck will i be able to buy a non founders edition card? like what the fuck.

>PS3 costs $599
>OMG WTF FUCK SONY REEEEEEEEE
>graphics card costs $599
>WOW SO CHEAP HOW DO THEY DO IT

A penis

>we'll never get something with the price:performance of the 8800GT ever again

Why did I lose my shit to this

nah people are taking the piss out of nvidia's constant attempts to push average card prices up, turn high-end into the mid-range and kill the mid-range.

480 family

PS3 was outdated on release, 1080 is the best card on the market

Because you've lost control of your life

I think Nvidia's hubris has finally let AMD back into the game. I don't think Nvidia has anything ready that can compete in the pricepoint. Not without losing a shitton of money anyway.

More like 850€

notebook.de/msi-geforce-gtx-1080-armor-8g-grafikkarte-p-89701

user, it's 4 in the morning. Why do you have a penis?

>1080 better than 480

famm com'on don't lie on the internet

480 is best budget card, but performance doesn't even come close in performance.

AMD ON SUICIDE WATCH

IT'S OVER AMDBROS

this, sad euro prices

this will mean significant drop in 900 series right?

This. I'm looking forward to seeing competitivity come back.

Come on, AMD, don't fuck up the RX480. If the benches ring true then nVidia just dug their own grave.

typical. I live and france and I can confirm it's the same here, and not just for GPU.
wacom cintiq in USA: ~900-1000$, in europe: ~1900-2500€

fuck the jews.

It's ok when Nvidia does it
PC babies are just as retarded as Mac users

Nope, it's been discontinued. Nvidia's not in the business of doing cheap shit these days.

$599 should be £420 yet a GTX 1080 costs £965.

cclonline.com/product/210563/90YV09S0-M0NA00/Graphics-Cards/ASUS-GeForce-GTX-1080-TURBO-8GB-Graphics-Card/VGA3479/

SOUNDS LIKE ONLY AN OVERPOWERED RICH NIGGER OF DOUBLES COULD AFFORD THIS

THIS IS MY VROOM VROOM KNOWLEDGE IS POWER LOL KEK WATCH

>GTX 1070 prices hovering around ~£400

This is honestly reprehensible. If it doesn't go down drastically then NVIDIA are finished to me. The GTX 970 might have turned out to be a falsely advertised piece of shit that I ended up returning, but it only cost me £250 when I bought it about a month after release.

i dont understand how prices are so high in euroland. i live in turkey and an EVGA gtx 1080 FE costs about 950 dollaridos about 100-150 more than usa (reasonable considering the tax etc) and it costs about 100-150 dollaridos cheaper if you just order it from amazon (which handles all the taxes etc. itself amazing!)

>muh tflops

are we seriously going back to the early 2000s??? are they going tout hardware t&l and vertex shaders again as "new features" too?

i guess its mainly because its just released. i am pretty sure market will saturate in couple of months specially when ti version comes.

Don't buy it then.

I won't much like I did with the Oculus Rift and PS3 and look how that turned out

but it literally is, it's 600 better than 480

When's the nvidia version of Chad Daddy going to appear and defend this while talking about AMDildos?

cold

>guys nobody buys reference boards what do we do??
>charge more and call them founders edition, also throw a 3 cent sticker in the box
>brilliant!

>some poor saps are spending a thousand quid on a graphics card and STILL only getting absolutely terrible reference coolers

Anyone considered that AMD are leaving the real benchmarks for the PC Gaming Show? If they're as good as expected, they'll want to tout them to the biggest possible audience, and the show provides them with a few hundred thousand viewers and all the press will be covering it.

>AMDrones can only play at 480p while I'm playing at glorious 1080p

lol its because the numbers are the same lollllll

Should've let the Nazis win.
Hitler saw this coming.

Blame radeon. Nvidia got a little scarred that when they will release 490, price will be really low. Now every fucking normie and their mothers will have 1080

Just wait for a month or two. There's limited supply right now and I'm sure the price will come down after the AMD cards hit the market. If they seriously think Nvidia can compete with €500 1070s in Europe, they're gonna lose this one fast.

No, they're leaving the benchmarks for reviews close to release so people can't cancel their orders when they realise even 2 480s can't get anywhere near competing with a 1080 like AMD implied.

Once money comes into question, the 1080 gets a bullet in the forehead.

All we need to do is look at price. 200 for the 480. What could we buy in camp green? I bought a 950 for APPROXIMATELY that money, maybe could afford a 960 for that. But that's a low-end last-gen card. So if the 480 outperforms EVEN the 970, or performs similarly to it, it's a better price to performance. Sure, nVidia has AMD cards for breakfast, they put insane prices for better performance. But damn, having a cheap card do this is awesome.

guru3d.com/news-story/amd-radeon-rx-480-3dmark-11-performance-benchmark-surfaces.html

If this leak is true, nVidia is destroyed.

Also, the 480 is not meant to compete with the 1080 or 1070, but rather fill the gap where a 1060 would be at a fraction of the cost.

God I fucking hope, I'm aiming for 1080p60fps for the next 5 years and the 1070 seems like it's going to be that card, but I'm not spending more than 450 Euroshekels on a fucking GPU for an outdated resolution.

you retarded?
only first cards made directly by nvidia are founder edition
you can already buy normal ones

lol, very few people are going to be buying 2x480s. The idea is to fill the hole in the mid-range that Nvidia abandoned with their drive to push prices (and margins) ever-higher.

computeruniverse.net/products/90656412/kfa2-geforce-gtx1080-reference-design.asp

come on m8. Its expensive like shit, but not that expensive.

>tfw will never ever be able to afford a 1070, not to mention the 1080

Tbh shadowplay owns
The amd thingy cannot compete

The entire reason for them to show 2x480 vs 1080 in the Ashes benchmark was to make people think "why buy a 1080 when 2x480 is cheaper and gets the same performance?", even though it's not going to get that performance in 95% of other games because they're all optimised for Nvidia cards.

>Quantum leap
>distance so small it can barely be measured

Not really.

There will be a slight drop in price, but as they are being discontinued the price will level out, rather than keep dropping.

This may be true. Nvidia is going full jew with high prices and pushing SLI and Tri-SLI because it'll make them even more money. I personally am buying one 480 when it comes out, just because it's a better price for performance and because my CPU would bottleneck anything else. It just hits the spot.

I will, again fall for the AMD meme. I'll buy a rx 480. If it's shit I'll never touch AMD again in my life. I've had in my whole life 6 Nvidias and 2 AMDs. All Nvidias have worked flawlessly, I can only say that for half the AMDs.

Yeah, that's largely marketing bullshit. 99% of its audience will never do Crossfire/SLI shit. It's just a very nice mid-range card. where the majority of the audience is.

(Of course, if the 480 catches on massively, you might see devs actually give a shit about making crossfire work well)

(I also wonder if the $200 price point is enough to get developing countries interested - it's much closer to affordable for Chinese people and shit than Nvidia's offerings)

its has literally double the power of previous gen
at 9 teraflops its a fucking monster

you dont seem to understand

they've used quantum leap as if it means a large distance

its not, its a beyond tiny distance

>american education
no quantum is a tiny distance, quantum leap would be a tiny but extreme change
quantum leaps means literally such a small distance its impossible to even notice a difference but its mostly used to change of state, which here fits perfectly

>tfw live in Norway and all electronics are tariff free to import, so the cards are as cheap as in the US

How does the EU feel now, cucks?

Yet for some reason the GTX 1070 still costs 5000 NOK in your country.

High wages lad. Norway has high living expenses, but also high wages, so the price of that card is inflated due to that. It's not a direct conversion from USD to NOK. Purchasing power here is about equal to the US.

5000 NOK is also the price given by the most expensive stores. Most charge 4500.

AYYMD can't compete with Nvidia

GTX 1060 is ready to launch

>GTX 1060 is ready to launch
Dead in the water with the 480 existing.

1070 are at $440. Never believe msrp.