So, after playing Witcher III., I decided to check out Witcher I. and am stuck with a quest...

So, after playing Witcher III., I decided to check out Witcher I. and am stuck with a quest. I've read like three different wiki pages on quest "Vizima confidental" and am still unable to do shit.

Here's what Ihave so far: I have talked much with all sorts of characters, got SOME info on Kalkstein, Ramsmeat, Luwarden, that captain of the guard and all others in this scheme (I think) ... but all quest lines just evolved into "Must get more info, I'll reopen the case if I find anything". I've been roaming around Vizima and Swamp for like 2 hours, did some small sidequests, but have found no clues. I HAVE checked wikis, but, excluding the option that I'm retarded (no need to really exclude this option given current results), I still do not know what do to to push main quest forward.

Where do I get info on who is guilty and who innocent in this case? I'm not even interested in doing this quest perfectly - I just want to move on.

thanks

I got to this point too and i honestly lost interest and skipped to Witcher 2. Have you talked to the detective yet?
Otherwise the point i got to was continuing Kalksteins quest for those stone things in the swamp. This quest line is frustrating cause it got very convoluted and confusing, and i'm left really confused on what i'm supposed to do. I'm also a "clean freak" for quests so i don't like having like 20 quests ongoing at the same time.

Since you asked I spoil it for you.

At one point there is fistech on the table of the detective and that is the clear sign that the real one is dead.

You have to find his corpse. I don't remember the quest 100% anymore so I can't tell you how to advance it.

Basically the wizard is trying to fool you and make you walk into a trap.

Cemetery. Go there, and into the crypt. You'll have to find a way in through the gravedigger, and there's a couple ways, but that's what you're gonna want to do.

Also, if Coleman is alive, he can help advance the quest.

Coleman is dead (rebels got him) and Gravedigger is rather nonresponcive - says someone should clear the cemetary, but (as i see it), no one is paying for it, so Witcher can not enter.

This was always a really goofy quest, OP. You aren't stuck so be glad. It's just a poorly thought out main quest.

Got any solution for me?

Also thanks to all for help. Much appreciated.

you get access to it if you pay the gravediggers dept (Thaler)

Have you talked with Kalkstein about the Mage's tower in the swamp? You should have a list of sephirots to find (in the glossary).
Also, like people have spoiled here, you know Raymond is not really Raymond when your witcher medallion vibrates when you're near him. You can either go to the crypt in the cemetery to learn the truth (get there via a sub quest for the gravedigger) or just keep playing the main quest

I remember i stuck here too back then. You have to get access to cemetery to advance.

Talking to Gravedigger does nothing. Talking to Thler brought me to a conclusion, he is not guilty. No debt quest to be seen.

I have a few stones for the tower, must pick the others.

Should I concentrate on getting the stones?

ultimately it does not matter how the quest plays out because there at least 2 ways to finish this as far as I know

I really don't care how it plays out. Problem is no one is doing shit if I talk to them.

>no one is paying for it, so Witcher can not enter.
Then you're porbably going to be stuck. The cemetery holds a major clue that advances everything forward. If you're roleplaying a witcher's witcher, you may need to view it as wiping out monsters that threaten people.

Why is Geralt so fucking ugly in Witcher 1? He looks like a retarded dog. I looked and no mods fix this.

Because he's supposed to look like that.

you can either find the corpse of the detective or continue the quest kalkstein gave you (finding all the stones and inserting them into the stone things in the swamp to open the tower)

as far as I know, the last stone you get from the fake detective (wizard)

the first time I played this I found the corpse afterwards, when I already finished kalksteins quest

So basically I need to crack the tower quest to finish Vizima confidental?

Good on you for playing this, OP. Don't be turned of my the outdatedness of the game.

Yes, there are lots of interdependent quests like that in W1.

yes, you will end up on the same spot either way

it doesnt matter if you know if the detective is already dead because geralt decides to run with it

thats why I didn't like this game that much it has lots of peudo quests

The quest has multiple outcomes depending on your snooping, ultimately you wanna perform an autopsy on the corpse to provide evidence on the culprit, this can end a couple different ways.

Once the evidence is collected talk to the detective and let him think it over, either way you'll need all 10 sephirot to open the tower, the ones I missed are the 3 you get for making a sacrifice to the statue in the church where Shani is, good luck.

Geralt isn't meant to be a pretty fuccboi. He's actually supposed to look really old and fucked up. More like an original phantom of the opera.

He's supposed to be ugly from getting fucked up so much. He takes drugs and engages in hard combat for a living.