Dedicated Dishonored thread #3 - Granny Rags Edition

Dedicated Dishonored thread #3 - Granny Rags Edition
Old Thread >

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Harvey1966/status/620295832626196480
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I never did get the no-lethal playthrough, because I always ended up getting locked in the room with granny rags at the very fucking end of the game.

Also this game looks insanely beautiful if you do some simple .ini tweaks to improve the texture resolution and shadow quality.

You do realise you can side with granny rags and leave the dude to burn alive in the cauldron? You don't ever have to fight her.

Beats me man, this was around 2 years ago now. I just know that something in that room was fucking with some achievement I was going for.

if you don't do all of granny and slackjaws quests, you can skip the final section and thus avoid having to kill her (or let slackjaw get cooked)

>Battlefield 1
>risky

It's literally Battlefield 4 with a WW1 skin, nigga

Risky as hell, but by god have we missed a 2nd decent game absed around WW1. I'm not saying it will be, but Dishonored 2 is far less risky a choice than Battlefield.

I just tranq'd her after destroying her soulgem or whatever, got my clean hands. what the fuck.

Pretty sure you can knock Granny Rags out to complete the quest.

Loot the key from her

time stop

blink the fuck outta there.

Objective rating of Dishonored 1 missions

Light at the End > High Overseer Campbell > House of Pleasure > The Royal Physician > Lady Boyle's Last Party > Return to the Tower > The Loyalists > Dishonoured >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FUCK THIS MISSION>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Flooded District

>woke up
>watched beth e3 conference
>spent half a day discussing Dishonored lore in DH2 threads
I should probably do something productive now

What did you do so wrong that you think the Flooded District is anything other than amazing?
Manor > Eels > Timsh > Industry > Surge > Execution

The fight with Daud was cool, but otherwise it was just a shit mission.
>let's take away all those nice tools you've grown used to using!
>then, let's put you against extremely unpredictable enemies that fucking teleport!!
>THEN, let's make you fight river krusts in order to get your stuff back, even though you barely have the tools you need to safely kill them!!!

The flooded district is great if you're not going for stealth, making the assassins shit their pants about the guy whose killing all of them with his bare hands is great.

I loved flooded district, it had cool post apocalyptic vibe to it

DROPPED

Well shit.
I was actually about to get the Collector's Edition, too. Oh well.

Corvo's mask will be my stand.

Didn't going to get it anyway, but doing mask replica that you can't wear is kinda stupid

Well shit.

Although if it were wearable, it would probably sell out faster than the Pip-Boy edition.

>start game
>normal
>total shit at stealth
>just kill everyone
>feel like game is punishing me for not being good at stealth
>Max Chaos, pretty fun in it's own way
>learn how to fight from doing it so much
>finish game
>everyone is dead
>e v e r y o n e

>new game
>Very Hard
>want to do 0 kills, and 0 alerts without even touching anyone
>can't get out of coldridge without blowing door
>always alerts 2 fuckboys near it
>later on I realize in order to get ghost I have to choke them out
>hardest part of the low chaos run funny enough was the high overseer
>end game without killing anyone

>new game
>Very Hard
>CE money, runes, and Mana
>Start murdering everything
>get bored

What should I do Sup Forums?
The DLC isn't really all that great
>go to choke butcher near half-dissolved whale
>other butcher sees me through the whale
>choke butcher on the other side of warehouse
>one that is on the door leading out can see me do it
>don't wanna waste sleep darts

Much cheaper to make. Besides it's a limited run so it's not like they'll run out of materialistic OCD dipshits to make a buck off of. Thank god there's no season pass or any in-game exclusive stuff.

>Thank god there's no season pass
Don't jinx it, user. November is still far off.

>don't wanna waste sleep darts
nigga.
they are tools to be used.
just avoid the butchers in there if you can btw, I swear they infinitely respawn (though I blew my cover but carried onward as I do)

I don't think it's infinite but they do spawn some more after you 1) Confront the bossman and 2) Start activating those valves

You're the first person I've ever seen ever to complain that Dishonored is too hard.

>first playthrough
of course there's a learning curve, It only took one run in order to actually learn the spawns and how to do it right

>pre-orders are up

Are you really surprised at this point user?
Really?

So Delilah is the villian? Kinda disappointed.

Should have taken another reaction image, I'm not surprised, I'm indecisive about should i pre-order or not. It's just could be raw now but lated down the line get regional treatment, like happens with most bethesda published games in my region.

That is NPC that resembles Delilah, but desu she looks younger, and probably she is not Delilah.
Also no Arkane employee confirmed who the fuck she is.

>makes assumption
>get disappointed
I had a friend who made stuff up in his head and got angry about it, we're not friends anymore because... i have no idea why, he never told me

No not really.

Faget we haven't even seen Corvo gameplay. Good god. Pre-ordering so early has 0 benefit. Don't be a mark.

You must be blind.

Dude that's not even a spoiler. She's always been a villain since her inception.

And that would make it a less desirable effect for the developers and publishers?

I'm a fan you know, we do get easily excited and pre-order sequels on impulse.

Don't fucking preorder, there is nothing to gain.

okay

I mean the villian this time too.

>Dishonored made for VR
>special edition packs VR googles looking like the mask

It's in the perfect setting sure but there's just something way off about the mission sort of like Flood missions in Halo.

It would be a less desirable effect for the people who actually want to get their hands on it for a while.

That's true, but would you really want it when it's not as cool as it could've been? I wouldn't buy a mask that is just a stand.

I would rather compare it to Half-Life warehouse levels where you first get introduced to spec ops ninjas, it had similar tense atmosphere

>Her majesty Delilah Kaldwin
Was not aware of that. That means Delilah used mind tricks to fool everybody that she is Kaldwin, or is she sister to the late Empress?

With powers such as that, she could make Daud believe he trapped her in the painting, when in reality he is the one who is trapped.
Fuck.

>find daud painting
>(Optional) Perform the ritual to free Daud from Delilah's painting
>rip painting from the frame for money instead

But those are exactly what made it fun.

That doesn't really make sense since you meet him as Corvo after he deals with Delilah one way or another. Him making cameo would be cool though, assuming he is alive in the canon.

>needing tools

Just keep calm and blink on.

I'd be pretty disappointed if they decided to make killing him canon.

Good news then, they made sparing him canon.

Only Outsider knows for now. Last time we see Daud is when he puts his sword on Empress grave in Brigmore epilogue.
Delilah resurfacing and looking younger seems weird as fuck. As some user before me pointed out, Void realm is falling apart, which may allowed Delilah to escape, but such thing would probably mean that based Daud resurfaces too, to deal with such problem (assuming he is alive)

info on that?

Speaking off familiar faces, Lurk?

no way

no way indeed, that is some other nigress

twitter.com/Harvey1966/status/620295832626196480

billie lurk is not my lover
she's just a girl who claims I am the one

I guess. She's alive in canon as well though.

He will be back and he will help you or fuck you up depending on chaos.
Screencap this

>Creeping through the streets of Karnaca
>planning on restoring Emily to her throne
>Something is not right.jpg
>Everything turns grey, bloodflies stand still in the air
>Royal protector, could you give me back my purse? I got enough coin to disappear and you ruined my plan
>mfw

>Violent video game player kills dozens wearing "collectable" mask from new murder-game "Dishonored 2"

Loyalists was the worst, IMO. You can literally finish it in like 2 minutes.

>Didn't going to get it

Corvo now voiced by Garret from Thief....FUCKING SOLD!

>Flooded District
Its the part I remember whenever I feel like replaying the game. Its that part.

Oh yeah, so it's canon that Daud bitchslipped Deliah into a fucking tree?

Nice.

especially tortured souls apparently wind up in the void, before being eaten consumed by it

normal ones are blessed with non existence

the lore on the outsider and void is really satisfying

I like to read about fictional afterlives and wonder if it would make killing myself easier if I lived in those worlds

Legit the only character I was tempted to kill during my low chaos run. Traitorous bitch.

>Dishonored 2
>fell a tree and chop some wood side-quest
>don't get clean hands

Oh the butthurt would be real. Especially if it weren't explained and people just got 1 kill on the statistic screen after the mission.

nothing personal, daud
>teleports behind you

Why? She did literally nothing wrong.

kek

>the lore on the outsider
I thought that at first, but then they had to go and ruin it all by explaining his origins.

Woh

Fuck yes. Like how in Jedi Academy if you get the "Good" ending, you get to fight Kyle Katarn.

Reminder that Emily doesn't have Bend Time so there is no possible way she could beat Daud in a straight-up fight.

When did they explain his origins?

Emily's powers with exception of that shadow beast thing look extremely lame and non-lethal focused.
Hopefully Corvo is a real spacetime wizard now.

Fucking Twitter of all places.

The wasps or whatever the fuck those insects were will probably be her version of rats. So which is worse, being eaten alive by rats or being destroyed by flesh eating wasps?

Apperantly Havelock is the second best NPC swordsman in the game, right behind Daud

The only problem is that he is suceptable to Counter-Attacks

Who you gonna play as first, Sup Forums?

Daddy Corvo of course

Emily. Her voice is nice

Cute Emily, no contest. Her powers look way more interesting.

I still don't know what that shadow crawling thing actually does apart from instantly kill people.

Makes you move like an animal, probably increasing stealth, speed and shit. Thats why its so interesting. I hope they dont fuck it up.

Is the void getting destroyed because he's "dying"

They still haven't learned to balance the goddamn powers. Looks like I'll be using nothing but blink again.

Emily, although if that involves Corvo dying i'll be sure to do a Corvo run right after.

And apparently he has a harder blade bind than Daud.
But no powers so...

It also makes your form inconsistent and malleable, which means you can move through door cracks, sewer grates, really tight looking spaces, etc.

Why's that?

Emily cause I'm tired of the Corvo powers

Didn't look so fast in the gameplay.

He does actually

I never won a blade bind against him. Daud was ahrd, but doable

So is choosing to play as Emily or Corvo going to have story impacts or is it just going to be a simple gameplay feature?

Also, was that old boatman Samuel in the gameplay video?

You might be deaf, user...

What?