I'm pretty confident that this isn't going to be Kratos from the previous God of War games. He may be named Kratos...

I'm pretty confident that this isn't going to be Kratos from the previous God of War games. He may be named Kratos, though I doubt it, but I think he'll be a reincarnation or ancestor which will go through a similar journey.

Also, why is releasing new games in a series just titled

>Game

Becoming a thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/13/first-look-santa-monica-studios-new-god-of-war-on-ps4/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Spartan Rage
user

Fucking hopefully. Kratos was the worst thing about the original games.

It's a soft reboot.

His name is Kratos.

different setting and mythology.

It's like Zelda.

Link - Kratos
Green Tunic - Red Markings

Yeah, I saw that too. He also has an Omega symbol on his back. I still think it's more themes and elements carrying over than an indication that he himself is a Spartan. Even then, if he is a reincarnation or ancestor, it could be Kratos's Spartan Rage carried through his bloodline.

To me, the man in the trailer doesn't look like Kratos, even an aged Kratos.

source:his ass

It is Kratos.
I suspect we'll play as that kid as an adult though.
Kratos will probably die pretty quick.

I feel like it could work, but people would be irrationally pissed.

Maybe so, but I think that's what they're aiming for. It won't invalidate the previous games but it's a new warrior with elements familiar to the series.

When i first saw the kid i thought its that robodino game

>same scars
>spartan rage
>same tatoos
>same burn marks on arm
>isn't Kratos
Whatever you say.

He even has SPARTAN RAGE as an ability, so there's little doubt it's the actual Kratos.

It's Zangief though, not Kratos

Cory Balrog just said it's the same kratos as ever, time has passed.

Does anyone even actually like Kratos as a character? Why the fuck would they not start fresh with a new protagonist in their new setting?

Kratos probably just fucked off to Scandinavia after killing Zeus and became worshiped as either Odin or Tyr.

So a reboot?

>aim weapon as kid
>"Bow Skills Learned" (or whatever it said)

You play as the kid.
Probably an adult version after Kratos dies.

You need someone to avenge. It's going to be Kratos finally dying.

No, they confirmed in a post show interview that it is a direct sequel to God of War 3. It's the same Kratos.

God of War was shit-tier anyways. Maybe this will actually be okay.

Developer already confirmed that new game takes place years after God of War 3 during after show Geoff interview.

Just looks like an oldman kratos

Yeah, I'm betting this. That stuff shown was likely just part of the tutorial and then Kratos dies and it'll pick up 10 years later with super rage mode Kratos Jr. fucking up the Norse gods.

it's already confirmed it's Kratos many years after God of War 3

Becuase marketing, plus you can do some fun things with this.

Greek hero fighting against Ragnarok with the Norse gods.

yeah that's what I was thinking too, I would hate to see that happen.

who cares?

blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/13/first-look-santa-monica-studios-new-god-of-war-on-ps4/

Whole thing about it being Kratos.

>Takes place many years after God of War 3
>It is Kratos
>You play as Kratos the entire game

that is all confirmed from dorito pope interview

they confirmed on youtube afterwards it is the same kratos and takes place years after GoW3

This is a painting inside one of the temples from God of War II. And a quote from years ago:

"In the original draft by David Jaffe, the Three Wise Men were meant to be Kratos and his Norse and Egyptian counterparts, after they wiped out the Olympians, the Gods of Asgard and the Egyptian Pantheon."

>You play as Kratos the entire game
And the Arkham Knight isn't Jason Todd. It's obvious the xp was for the kid, not Kratos.

see
you wrong nigga

I was legitimately into the orchestral intro.

HOW DOES HE COME BACK TO LIFE AFTER HE KILLED HIMSELF AT THE END OF 3? DOES HE CRAWL OUT OF HELL FOR LIKE THE 5TH TIME?

He probably got tired of Greek shit and decided to fuck off from those lands and start anew in Nordic lands but the Gods followed him or some shit.

>still wears the ashes of his previous dead family
>still has the red tattoo honoring his brother
>still has the scar over his eye
>still has the scar on his gut
>Spartan Rage pointing to the fact he's still a godamn spartan

get fucked bitch nigga

yes but what if the kid follows you around like the bitch in Enslaved only he gains his own XP that you use to teach him new shit

Why would Kratos name his kid after himself.

well, if he's done it 4 times already, why wouldn't he just crawl out again? Who wants to live in hades?

Source you piece of shit

It's cool and all, but it's not a God of War game. The setting and Norse mythology is awesome, but the gameplay looks nothing like true God of War. Should have just been a new IP imo, but I know they used God of War since the name sells. Still, pretty disappointed.

>Now Kratos Jr, you are truly the God of War
Bravo Sony

I really hope the combat through the whole game is more action oriented than whatever that was because otherwise this looks fantastic. I love the tone and setting.

I thought I saw a red circle in the game title when it popped up so I kinda assumed it was 'GOD OF WAR O(rigins)' but i wasn't really paying much attention.

Didn't you watch all the credits. He's alive at the end of 3. He's standing facing his reflex on the ocean water.

Are people ITT actually fucking retarded or just shitposting, I can't tell anymore
>the tattoo
>the ash skin
>the scar on his stomach
>Spartan Rage

The gameplay in the original got stale 2 hours into GoW1. It was babbies' first hack and slash. Thank god they're changing up the gameplay for this game.

I have to admit that I had a huge grin on my face after he walked out of the shadows

It was the Omega symbol like every other God of War logo but in the form of an ouroboros dragon.

>implying his son isn't Thor and Kratos is Odin
Greek patheon dying was the fall of the previous world and the rise of the new one
>Kratos starts the Norse patheon with the leftovers of the Greek patheon and things like the Vanir

>Kratos teams up with Jesus to murder Lucifer

That's the stupidest yet coolest shit I've ever heard.

Is that the one mural that had the weird code message or whatever?

I couldn't figure that one out.

If that's true and Kratos is now the formative center of every pantheon of gods, then eventually he'll be Jesus.

Welp., fuck me.

Kinda disappointed, I though having various warriors throughout the ages with similar markings and stories would have been interesting.

Oh well, game looks hype.

It was a great way to start the conference, unfortunately GoW has been turned into something else.

This may be a stupid question, but I only played GoW and GoWII back in the day - am I going to be missing out on much if I grab a cheap copy of GoW III for PS3 and play it, or is the PS4 remaster a big improvement?

What about Ascension and the PS3 versions of the PS3 titles? Necessary? I was thinking of picking up the Saga pack if I can get it cheap enough, but we'll see.

Oh that makes way more sense.
Yeah I went to the local movie theater for the Playstation event so I had to explain to my wife why everyone was losing their shit.

Kratos is immortal maybe. Maybe he lived through the fall of the greek pantheon and rise of the norse mythology

He did tank that arrow from the kid and brush it off like a champ

well something secretly set him up on the path to be Death Destroyer of Worlds.

The hints are all scattered about in 1/2/3 and the PSN games.
Not sure if theres any hints in Ascension.

>eventually he'll be Jesus
He'll be birthed again...from a virgin!? The three Magi will have a hell of a story to tell because i'm sure that's not the baby they're expecting to see.

Why was kratos so calm even in combat and whatnot? in like the 3 games I played he was always angry and yelling at something. Did he discover weed?

>Trial of Archimedes pre-nerf

My anus still bleeds to this day

It has to be Kratos.
The ash skin and tattoos make no sense otherwise.

throat got tired

I II and III is all you need.

Well yeah, he's been immortal since the start. He's one of Zeus' sons and after he killed Ares he became a full blown god instead of just a demigod.

But judging from what we've seen, this will get stale in 30 minutes. I'm just not liking it at all. At least the original God of Wars were over the top and all actiony. This looks like it's trying to be 2deep and slow as fuck.

It's fucking Kratos. If it wasn't he wouldn't have the tattoos and/ or the white skin. It'll definitely be something along the lines of Magneto in X-Men: Apocalypse where he gave up his old life to start a new, only to lose his family and go right back into it.

The guy who wrote the blog post about it said they decided "what if kratos made a decision in his life that wasn't awful? and tried to change so he's more than just walking anger"

Well, I mean, he was a god for a while and he did climb out of hell the first time he died. He's defiantly not easy to kill at the best of times, let alone from something as flimsy as old age.

>yfw travis fimmel is in the game

GoW3 is a direct sequel to 2. It literally begins right where 2 ended. Might be worthwhile playing 2 before 3 if you can't remember what happened. If you have a PS4 might as well pick up the ramaster

>Kratos bursts out of the virgin Mary like a xenomorph

Given the fact that the game awarded XP and gave a skill increase when the kid shot the bow i'm guessing like everyone else has we will be playing as the kid

He's controlling his anger now. The deal with this Kratos is that he's controlling the beast within him. Anger in check, for now.

>Looks exactly like Kratos if he grew a beard
>Has Spartan Rage

Why even fucking bother doing this, if it's not Kratos

Why not just make a Norse protag in that case. If he's not Kratos, that would be stupid as fuck

Says someone who never played the original GoW

Did we just forget Kratos had a wife and daughter and that's why he went on his sperg rage spree?

See
Already confirmed it is Kratos post God of War 3

the PS4 remaster is a tad bit better looking but also you can get the PS3 version for like under $5 most places

Ascension isn't necessary really but it doesn't really hurt not to play it.
Has Orkos whos a good bro at least.

Word of warning about the Saga pack is the PSP games are just DLC codes and not on disc.
Probably cheaper just to buy GoW3, GoW Collection (1&2 on disc) and GoW Origins collection (Chains of Olympus, Ghost of Sparta)

I really hope so, I love angry as fuck murderous Kratos but I want a different protagonist since we're doing different pantheons.

He is Kratos, official blog confirms.

In that article they talk about Kratos trying to change after all the destruction he's caused and learning to control his anger. He seems to have an attachment to the kid in the trailer as well. He was about to lose his shit when the kid fired at the elk and missed but you can see he catches himself and calms down. Then after the kid finishes off the elk it looks Kratos is about to reach out and put his hand on the kids shoulder but he hesitates and pulls back after a few seconds and goes for the knife instead.

I get the feeling that either the kid is going to become the new protag, or like everything else in Kratos' life, the kid will end up ded and Kratos will get maximum overpiss and start murdering EVERYTHING for muh revengeance.

Also, this means possibly Kratos fighting Odin, aka Norse Zeus, because muh patterns.

The combat looked really bad.. Like a really poor God Hand.

Let's hope someone at Santa Monica figures this out.

They literally said it takes place years after GoW 3
They called him Kratos, but I call him Beardos. Do you like it? I think it's clever.

>anger in check for the first half of the game
>kid gets killed by some pissed off God
>Kratos enraged for the rest of the game

I think they'll both be on a journey working together and both good at different things.

>fighting gods in a mythology where everyone violently murders each other all day before resurrecting at a banquet hall and having a laugh about it

Greek gods worked in God of War because they are basically humans with super powers, complete with flaws and the ability to die. Norse gods don't work that way.

>Goes to fight Odin
>It's literally Zeus with a horned helmet and fake Scandinavian accent
>Kratos shits blood and we get to spend an hour mashing X to punch his face into a bloody pulp again

Either Kratos or the kid gonna die

but he already avenged them, what more do you want?

ITT: retards

Yes he's dead do you know how Valhalla works

Yes it's the same kratos, he has the scar from the blade of Olympus

The kid's skills go up, not kratos', implying you either play as him later or have him as a companion as a major mechanic.

How the fuck do people not understand the simple things? That's basically all we know from the trailer.

Meant for

Its clearly the same fucking guy he has the tattoos and cursed ash skin for gods' sake. He probably just fucked off to norway or wherever the fuck vikings are from after getting bored being the only god.
Met some girl who was qt strong hunter woman.
Fucked her to death cause she couldn't handle the murder cock.
Had a son.
He's a bitch boy but kratos ain't putting up with that fucking noise so he makes him kill some shit. Boom game starts.

I think it's a lot more likely that it's Ragnarok and Kratos isn't having any of that shit.

The dragon appearing, (probably nidhogg)

that's the start of ragnarok baby. Ice giants and wolves.

Did you just forget that that entire fucking arc is completely finished?