This looks great

This looks great

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IEPzofGKSNE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Looks like a good movie

If its like Heavy Rain I'll buy it

My name is Connor.

I was actaully interested until I saw it was David Cage's new game.

I would have been excited for it if it wasn't for the fact its a david cage """"""""""""""""""game""""""""""""""""""".

Looks better than the last two games he made.

It does.

But I refuse to be fooled by David Cage.

I've lost too much already.

iam exicted to see two best friends shit all over it.

a lot of shit I didn't expect to hype me, are actually hyping the hell out of me right now, like the new CoD, the new David Cage game, and maybe GoW5. Not as good as MS's conference but I don't think we've had a bad conference from the big 2 console manufacturers this year.

agreed cant believe no one gives a shit

>Sup Forums ACTUALLY excited for a David Cage release
Wow.

Looks okay but I'd rather it on a computer.

its hard to give a shit when the director of the game is David "“I’ve always felt that ‘game over’ is a state of failure more for the game designer than from the player." Cage is directing it.

The dialogue was pure ham though

Actually David Cage isn't writing this game anymore if interviews are to go by.

So, I'm pretty fucking excited bros, Cage is only good as a director, he can't write details for shit.

>"hehe I, Robot? More like I'm Robot"
>"...Lets make it a game"

This is the David Cage process

For a David Cage game yeah

It always "looks" good, it's always shit

I don't like David Cage and I thought it looked good.
I'm a sucker for hammy android detective stories.

>David Cage
>Great
If I wanted to watch a movie I would've seen one.

I'm not too confident about the story, but the detective interactive movie gameplay might actually be better this time, since there will be more stuff to do.

>Two additional writers
damn Cage is desperate

>Glorified Visual Novel
Japan been doing that since for ever

That actually makes me excited then, playing as an android in a cyberpunk detective story, sign me up.

It's a David Cage game, it'll look good but be just a a fucking interactive movie priced at $60. You know I wouldn't bitch to much about these kinds of games if they were the same price as a blue ray movie.

It looks ok

What I REALLY, REALLY have a need for is something like a mix of Heavy Rain, Deadly Premonition, and L.A. Noire, drawing heavily from X Files and Twin Peaks. FBI Agent in a small mountain town int he American Northwest is probably the most comfy settings known to exist.

>i liked it until i realized it was something Sup Forums told me not to like

>MY name is Connor and this is Detroit:Become Human
CAAAAAAAGEEEEEE

This. Bretty cool atmosphere.

So Alan Wake?

okay as a video game it looks bad but if I buy it for the story then what

yeah but did they show us literally all of the possible endings to the game in the trailer, or is that hostage sequence not even in the game and was just an example of what the game is like?

also there is literally nothing with choose your own adventure games
I think everybody enjoys those old text based games and point n clicks, why is it a problem now that we can animate them better?

>I liked it until I realized it was being made by a guy notorious for terrible plots, dialogue and game play.

>branching paths with every option
That's all a fucking David Cage game needed to be any good.

The dialogue in that trailer was fucking awful regardless. If Cage isn't writing, it seems that the entirety of Quantic Dream is just as incompetent as he is.

Well since David Cage is a fucking hack it makes sense.

Yeah but apparently they stopped work on the game in 2014

So, idk it could really go either way, I can say the trailer writing was better than a lot of other dialogue bits in previous games - even though they're fucking robots now.

it's an incredible pivot. When this game was last showed you were a girl fighting for robot civil rights. Now its a pulpy detective story with a totally different character.

My name is Connor MacLeod of the clan MacLeod

I thought it looked neat until i realized there was no gameplay and it was just a visual novel

>Get out of bed?
>No
>credits roll

If it has more than that one mission I'm excited.

Really mad they showed all the fucking endings

if a competent writer is working on this (not david cage) it may actually be decent

>Implying you wont play as both and end up as the Detective hunting down the girl

>but if I buy it for the story then what
Then you're an idiot. Quantic Dreams has never made a good story, ever.

>i liked it until I found out the creator has a track record of shitty writing
sounds pretty reasonable to me

Of all the moviegames this is the only one that looks appealing to me so far

they could change

I was honestly astounded by it. Seems like just my kind of game, I really like the multiple paths and stuff. I'll look into it, but I'm pretty sure its an exclusive, which is sad because I don't own a PS4

>board that worships japanese VN, Telltale games and stuff like Life is Strange
>Ugh, this isn't a game! It's an intercative story with more gameplay than the games I named! Fuck it!!

Eh. It looks alright. From what we've seen, I doubt it the android character will be anything more than a way to showcase fancy detective tricks as opposed to a centerpiece for transhumanist or cyberpunk themes. The way it was presented makes me think it's only going to end up being one case.

HR and IP were both good stories though. Plot was strange, dialogue was a bit cold, but story was pretty intense.

>japanese VN, Telltale games and stuff like Life is Strange
Do we browse the same board? Telltale and Life is strange is shitposted relentlessly against and VNs are regarded as weebshit by the normalfags of Sup Forums. No need to make shit up

>transhumanist or cyberpunk themes
youtube.com/watch?v=IEPzofGKSNE

It's Sony's first party game, so yes, it's definitely an exclusive.

Wait, wasn't the last trailer for this game the one that involved that Kara android? What happened to her? Is that scrapped?

looks awful really.
david cage continuing to get funding for drivel like this really speaks volumes about the low bar set for story telling in videogames.

second party
sony doesnt actually own QD

I unironically like Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain despite their shortcomings - although not "full price" liked them, so to speak. This game seems focused on the aspects of those games that I enjoyed most, so I'm looking forward to renting it or getting a good sale.

No, but this trailer was a hell of a lot more interesting

Nah she's probably still in. Wouldn't be david cage if he couldn't shoehorn in an awkward sex scene or pointless romantic sideplot

Probably not, they just seem to be putting out trailers for different playable characters

play puzzle agent 1 if you haven't yet, trust me.

I'll give you heavy rain but IP is absolute shit

can't wait for the TBF's playthrough

Oh wow, that actually looks promising, and doubly so when you put up next to the current trailer. I guess I shouldn't be surprised there's more than one protagonist.

It actually did look surprisingly good, it looks like they learned a bit from Until Dawn about choices and stuff

I thought so too.

As long as the actual 'detective' elements have reasonable depth I'm lowkey hyped. It's got potential.

Never bought into the whole 'interactive movie' criticism Sup Forums likes to throw about.

If you pretend the game (IP) doesn't exist after the first third, it's a phenomenal game tbqh lmao

I thought it looked really cool, but then I learned it was a David Cage game and lost all interest.

THIS

Yeah it conceptually is pretty great. I wonder if we'll get to play an actual human and their current outlook on Detroit.

>All this praise for heavy rain

Heavy Rain was fucking abysmal.

Like bottom of the barrel shit.

This looks no different. It looks fucking horrendous.

Too bad games journalists love these "artsy" games

Looks like it has great potential to be a good detective game, I hope it gets multiple cases and is actually based on your own perception and investigation.

I stand corrected. But QD hasn't made a non-Sony game since 2005, so they're pretty much joined at the hip.

what specifically did you not like about heavy rain

Good Movie to watch on stream. Just like Until Dawn.

looks like a terrible movie what the fuck are you thinking

Yeah basically.

It's incredibly inconsistent.

Sometimes you have to fail, sometimes you have to succeed.

There was only one person who could've been the killer, especially if you're familiar with serial killers (note: you've watched an episode or two of Criminal Minds)

It's also ungodly boring. I get that its supposed to be "real" but you can make stuff interesting and exciting.

It also looks like shit. Even back then I thought it looked like shit. The combat sections are fucking laughable.

it looks tedious

>inconsistent
Nope
>sometimes you have to fail
Nope
>ungodly boring
Subjective, but valid
>looks like shit
muh graphix
>combat sections
You mean the fast-qte moments, that's literally all they were.

It's a shitty movie game that has a terrible story.

So yeah, it's garbage.

>He likes David Cage "games"

I wonder if it'll be supernatural?

Every David Cage game was, except for Heavy Rain (which had a supernatural subplot in development)

What will be the supernatural twist?
Something something robot souls?

Anyway, if this is just Nahman Jayyyden: Robot Investigator, I'm all in.

>Something something robot souls?
Maybe not so literal.It seems that the theme is about how conner is a robot>Might expand onto a similar mindset of the other guy .Thinking robuts should have a choice.

How can people tolerate Ace Attorney but not David Cage games?

Memes

The bigger question is how can people call this a "movie" while praising Death Stranding to the heavens.

I'm a masterrace member, so, I only play Gone Home and Life is Strange.

You're Robot Moses aka Roboses, tasked with leading the robots from Detroit to the Promised Land.
Or God himself sees Conner going all "I am not alive" "Machines must obey" "Beep boop I am a robot" and says "Nah son have some of this shit" and gives him the Spark of Life, which lets him fly and do kung fu. Then he turns into the AI from Indigo Prophecy.

>not Duncan

Shit MAC-CLOUD.

95% of Sup Forums won't know what Highlander is, anons.

One is a silly video game that doesn't take itself too seriously and is fun.

The other is endless attempts at trying to make '''''''''art''''''' while having awful gameplay, awful stories, awful dialogue, etc. If Cage wasn't so full of himself and up his own ass with pretentiousness, people probably wouldn't insult his games as much.

One is made by David 'The Hackster' Cage.

The other is made by Hideo 'The God' Kojima.

Get out neo-Sup Forums.

>Then he turns into the AI from Indigo Prophecy.
To be honest I will buy literally every David Cage game for the rest of time if that's how Detroit ends

Your statement does not address my argument at all.