Ten years

Ten years.

Ten fucking years.

That's how long they've been working on this, and it looks like a pile of shit. Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1233181
youtube.com/watch?v=23LJj2unAo8
youtu.be/nGl_2gYrfM0
youtu.be/VdtLnY6j2WI
youtu.be/M6JNDOs3zyQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Boss battles look fucking terrible but alot of the set pieces look like fun

I just want this pile of shit to come out already so they can get back to work on KH3 and FF7 remake.

I said it looked bad back when it was announced. Things have just gotten worse since. Now it just looks like a string of one button QTEs that FFXV kun claims is 'complex gameplay'.

I really want to like it but after that awful preview they showed at the Microsoft convention, it really fucking killed any hype I had at all.

I was hyped about two years ago when they showed the road trip aspect, but now it just looks like a mess.

The designers can't figure out what they want. And the aesthetic is overly complicated as usual.

Fucking stop stealing manpower and resources from XIV. The game is light on content as it is.

is this true?
where's the thread?

neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1233181

It not only looks like shit, but it plays like shit too.

oh so you've already played it to make that assumption?

idiot

FFXIV is made by an entirely different group and you're a retard. Besides, Dragon Quest X is a better MMO, with a much smaller crew and limited to only Japan. FFXIV could add 500 more artists and coders and it would still just be a content driven themepark you can finish in a month.

>plays like shit
>looks like shit
>runs like shit

Great job, SE.

Ouch. That's brutal.

This could go down as the biggest flop in Square history, and a potential death knell to the Final Fantasy franchise.

How did they fuck it up so bad?

Well yeah the demo has been out for quite some time.

Where the fuck is XV-kun/bazztek/Andre? I want to see him try to defend this shit.

>looks

you don't need to play a game to know it looks like shit, user.

>This could go down as the biggest flop in Square history, and a potential death knell to the Final Fantasy franchise.
That's exactly why SE is rushing to make a FFVII remake. To rekindle interest in a slowly fading series. Despite what FF fanboys say, FFXV is probably sell even less than FFXIII. The FF brand name is just not as strong as it was on the PS1 and PS2. Even Dark Souls has more hype than FFXV.

Just wait a couple hours. FFXV Kun seems to be on around that time.

I blame Tabata

>2 years ago
holy shit that was 2 years ago?
Gad dam this game has taken to long i dont care if its shit i just want to play it and 100% everything on the hardest difficulty

Even fucking Persona has more hype than XV and that wasn't even shown at E3.

As if you waiting ten years is so precious to the developers.

Nobody cares that you waited long as hell for a game.

Nobody cares about your particular expectations for a game or a series.

Nobody cares about any of this downright selfish approach towards gaming.

Get your heads out of your ass and learn to appreciate things for what they are. You guys are like somebody who read Nietzsche's stuff but only stopped at the nihilism part and not the more "become a better person/be less of a selfish dick/understand why everything's the way it is" part that comes afterwards.

Now that's just not true.

I blame the 80+ FF games that have been churned out in less than 15 years. You can't milk something that hard without it collapsing. Even Pokemon and Call of Duty try to limit their game production to a few a year. There was a time on the PS2/DS where there was 12-15 FF games coming out a year.

It is if they want our money.

>cars
>real time fights
>emo looking fags
>VR makes it look like an FPS
Final Fantasy was shit after VIII, anyway. Just OP's pic should be a red flag. A game about being a medieval warrior with a squad of other classes of fighters is now a road trip simulator with musou elements? No thanks.

I remember this leaker from a month ago. But I hear the Trial of Titan name was already present in a Japanese demo months ago.

They are gonna show more of it today, right?

If anything there wasn't enough. The PS1 had 3 completely different FFs plus the Tactics spinoff, the PS2 had 2 new FFs, 1 direct sequel and a MMO, the PS3 had 1 new FF, 2 direct sequels and a MMO that was so bad it had to be rebooted.

FF isn't a continuous series though, so it doesn't really suffer from the rehash effect.

IX was better than VIII, but you're right about everything else.

>real time fights are bad
>thinks ATB is acceptable
might as well go all the way instead of that pussy half way shit in most FF games

youtube.com/watch?v=23LJj2unAo8

Imagine being Tabata in this scene.

It really wasn't.

But it looks great.

Square has no authority on Final Fantasy anymore. Nobody to point to and say THAT GUY knows exactly what the next Final Fantasy should be.

They have so drastically changed the gameplay, that it's unrecognizable anymore.

FFXV may be the last chance I'm giving Square. I want off this ride.

Oh please. You're excited for a rehash and a new installment to a series that hasn't been good since the first game.

I can't believe people actually think Kingdom Hearts 2 is a good game. You spam triangle to win half the time. You had to soft-mod a ps2 and print out a fucking book of menu translations just to make the game marginally more difficult.

That series is a convoluted mess of lore nobody wanted, stereotypical dark v light bullshit, and shallow existentialism.

What made Kingdom Hearts good was what made Evangelion so good. The disney shit and the heartless and all that was never the point and now you're waiting for KH3 like people are waiting for Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0

just waiting for XV-kun to show up and try to defend it now.

And I suppose you're the authority of what it should be?

No that's all been proven fake.

The name of the demo was mentioned in the Japanese March trailer and everything else was just shit extrapolated from info we already knew mixed in with made up shit to try and seem legit.

The trailer from today also proves that wrong because that fake leak says you don't go to Insomnia at all until the very end of the game, yet the trailer of today which shows early game stuff shows them in Insomnia.

I came

Your opinion is shit desu and shows how little you actually know.

Cancelled my pre-order.

That was the last straw.

How the shit is KH similar to Evangelion?

>this Final Fantasy game looks great
>webm of a car driving and stuff blowing up

Those were already proven fact weeks ago.

The demo name was also seen already in the japanese trailer from March, and a bunch of that info contradicts things we already knew and have been shown today too.

Still better than XV's "spam O to win" bullshit.

Also Final Fantasy hasn't been good for over a decade.

I've played every single game and none of them have come close to what made Kingdom Hearts 1 so good.

Yeah just like how the two highest selling FF games of all time both have cars and blowing stuff up in them right?

It really was.

whoa amazing cutscene

>people acting like a guy playing badly in the MS demo ruins the game when there's hours of better looking footage out there already

You can try that but you'd die.

Agreed

>when there's hours of better looking footage out there already

It was the most bland and generic a FF could get and the most challenging part of the gameplay was stomaching the load times and waiting for steal to succeed.

The stories aren't continuous. But fan hype is. And Final Fantasy had the same problem Sonic did. Even the most hardcore FF fan doesn't have the time and money to buy every single FF spin off, remaster and prequel. And the few that tried to found that the vast majority of the games were shit. Both contributed to make the FF brand less powerful.

"Oh boy, a fifth FFVII sequel and two more FFIV sequels and a dozen spin off games. You know what, I think I'm over this series."

yea that is what I really remember and love about those games.

not the exploration and party customization, but the car scenes.

That first shot is in game driving, that second shot is a cutscene.

It looks scripted. Like Batman Arkham Knight with even less control.

Most of the fans latch onto the superfluous shit and miss the point. People have been waiting forever for a sequel that has nothing to do with said point and everything to do with all the shitty fan-service the series has done since the original.

Same with Kingdom Hearts unless you play it on easy difficulty

Why are you acting like that 2 second car webm is the entire trailer and also every trailer is cars? Oh that's right, it's because you're a shitposting faggot. Neck yourself.

Then you're no different in thought than the average casual normie fan. Hell, with how far up your own ass you guys get, even normies would be more open minded.

People love to get outraged over minute shit like this, let them have their day of autism. The live demo 1 hour playthrough is tomorrow and the demo is at E3 showfloor so people will be able to play it themselves, plus the other footage from today already showed it is good.

There is.

XV-kun at it again

I would still take a "bland and generic" game like FF9 over the clusterfuck of retardation and teen angst in FF8.

Yes it is because they were major fucking parts of the games world and setting you retard.

>not the exploration and party customization
So just like how XV has.

>but the car scenes.
Never mind that FF7 has an entire and very memorable scene and minigame dedicated to a highspeed car and motorcycle chase.

compare the tutorial boss from Kindgom Hearts 1 to 2. in-fact, just compare every fucking boss

That's because you're a nostalgiafag who is terrified of new things.

I liked the platinum demo, but the E3 showing during Microsoft's conference made me a little worried. I really hope that in the end, it's a fun game that was worth the ten year wait.

Did we get a trailer for Kingsglaive yet?

It's regular driving. You can already drive toy cars in the platinum demo and nothing was scripted about that, and from what Gameinformer said it is proper manual driving

No the average casual normie fan would be first in line to preorder any shit Square farts out because of the brandname regardless of the quality. In other words, you.

Shitposter-kun why are you trying so hard? Why can't you just have a civil conversation without having to shitpost?

They keep supporting Sony for some fucking reason.

If those new things lead to bad games then yes I am.

You are my favorite user. It does look great and we finally got a fucking release date.

How much are you getting payed to shill this on an anonymous imageboard and can you tell me where can i find this kind of job?

>People love to get outraged over minute shit like this
>that mess of a presentation
>minute

It was awful, and this is from a fan.
Yes, the guy played like shit, but that's considered a fuck up regardless.

That demo they had at the Microsoft conference looked clunky and kind of bad.
I don't care how you try to spin it, it was not a good look for a game that's coming out in 3 months.

>Not hyped for an FF7 remake
>being a shit person

Sounds about right.
Hell, i'm looking for the next War of the Lions installment if that'll ever happen.

FF7 is more than deserving of a remaster. It'll be less nostalgic for some, but i feel it's better than a movie everyone would be disappointed of.

>Sup Forums isn't disappointed of everything

Yes the Twilight Town tutorial was far and away the worst part of KH2 but it picks up after that. Also yes, every boss outside the tutorial one is much better than those in KH1.

Yeah the guy who was playing it did a bad job, but he didn't do anything even though we know there is more to do so it's really his fault.

There was a English and JP audio one, same trailer

youtu.be/nGl_2gYrfM0
youtu.be/VdtLnY6j2WI

Also a new brotherhood XV trailer, Prompto was fat as a kid
youtu.be/M6JNDOs3zyQ

If you're implying VIII's willingness to try new things led to the boring crap that was IX then you have a point.

>all those faggots who assured, argued, and screamed this would be better than TB
>that this is what we wanted

Fuck all of you. Turn based is the fucking king.

shut the fuck up. I'm not the guy you're replying to, and i only read 1/2 of your retarded rambling sentence. just shut the fuck up you retarded, boring faggot.

Good job ignoring this is from literally today and looks better than both of those.

Why did you like the platinum demo? I thought the visuals and performance were unbearably bad and the gameplay was simply awful. I didn't feel like I was controlling anything even though there were so few buttons.

It's amazing that that is what they wanted to be their last big showing to millions of un-sold normies. That's what they wanted to sell the game on.

FF7fag here, I've been massively disappointed by every disappointed by every attempt by Square Enix to expand on FF7's story, especially Crisis Core since that was the one I kept hearing about how great and so much better than FF7 it was.

The remake was the one thing I was looking forward to this E3 and of course it's not happening.

t. dullard

That image is old and it's a bullshot at night time.

>Yeah the guy who was playing it did a bad job, but he didn't do anything even though we know there is more to do so it's really his fault.
Ignore this shitposter. The post-E3 discussion SE did showed that the guy who played the game practiced for weeks.

>Ten fucking years.
Wow, At least xv is about to be released. I can't remember the last time I heard about Verses 13, did they officially cancel it?

This KH is cool when you are 12 and are into mainstream anime and haven't picked up a book yet, the whole plot if you play it again is total shlock and anyone above 18 who still hypes it up are eternally manchildren and fucking losers to the core. I mean seriously can you imagine a 26 year old neckbeard sitting there and watching those cutscenes with that dialogue?

Makes me cringe, KH3 is going to be a disaster considering you have to own 3 systems and play 10 games to even coherently get the plot that is fan fiction tier.

KH fans are degenerates who are probably illiterate third world shitskins which is why they think the story is "intricate and deep".

I am not even defending the game. I am defending the idea of looking at things with a more neutral perspective that does not involve having your head super far up your ass.

The remake will guaranteed be worse than Dirge and Crisis Core. Don't fool yourself.

You've literally posted your “leak” in every XV threads already. Please proceed to fuck off.

Just because a game tries new things doesn't make them good things. FF8 had a magic system which replaced your normal equipment and level-scaling which punished you just for playing the game normally. FF13 also tried new things and it's currently the most hated game in the series.

This is a dude btw.